Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

WOOHOO!! That'll be fun.

Remember right after my last fill, I told ya'll I woke up choking? Well it happened again last night. I woke up around 2am and in my dream I took 2 sips of 2 different things, and the 2nd one got stuck.. I woke up choking and spitting I guess heartburn gunk. It went up my nose, and I started running around the house looking for something to clear it out, meanwhile spitting on the floor in every room I went into lol. It went into my breathing tubes too I guess, I was choking on it. I ended up drinking and gurgling Water, never went away. Even now I still taste whatever it was when I sniff really hard. Yuck!

Oh my gosh, Vi's!!~~

I've been trying to get home & get on the 'puter to you all since 10:30am!! Seriously!! I had all these errands to do and I'm just like, "Hurry up! I've got to go tell the Vi's some exciting news!"

So... guess what?? I went to my doc, it's the first time I've actually seen HIM in about 6 months, so he's thrilled w/my progress, blah, blah... even tho by their stats I gained 4lbs last month (my stats are +11 :wink2:)... he gives me a .25 fill (it's been like 3 months since I've had one)... and then... are you ready for it?...

He asks if I'd be interested in getting my next fill ON STAGE in front of about 1,000 lap band surgeons from all over the world, who will all be in DC at some big, whoop-dee-doo (my term, not his technical term) annual lap band surgeon conference at the newest, swankiest resort in DC!! Uh, YEAH!

And then he tosses in, "and they'll pay you." I said, "You had me at "Do you want to go to the Gaylord?"" LOL!

It's in 3 weeks... so I am *very* motivated to be the PERFECT BANDSTER between now & then!! + I'll probably... no DEFINITELY... need to get something new to wear... He said they'd introduce me & give my background & ask me questions... then actually give me the fill right there! Too funny!!

Now, if I can only parlay this into that trip to Vegas w/Tracy!!!

Ohhhh... I also told him about us & our trip... he was amazed & impressed w/us... 'natch!

Continue to make it a great day, Vi's!!

Michelle~

WOW...you are gonna be famous! Remember the little people...xoxoxo

Laura-------girl, I feel your pain--seriously. I had THE most miserable night.......I think the anitbiotics, combined with this tight compression garment----hit me with serious reflux about midnight. I woke up choking as best I could----it is in my lungs------and coughing is serious business, it feels like I ruptured my belly button. I called my PS this morning, but he is not in town, he is in Albq. doing a special hand surgery thing. She says he will call me as soon as he gets the message. I still can barely breath----very shallowly, I cannot take a deep breath without choking, and hurting like a bitch (sorry). I breath, choke, cough, cry and repeat-----------all night long. Now I am sitting here so tired, and sore, and freezing to death( it is 70+ in the house as well as outside), but I cannot warm up.

Rick stayed home until I called the Dr. When he realized he wasn't taking me anywhere I convinced him to just go to work, let me waller in my own misery!

I hurt SOOOOOO bad! I went ahead and continued taking the antibiotics, figuring that is one of my best defenses with my lungs. But I am burping them something awful!!! I have taken these before, and I have no fill, so it shouldn't be an issue. The compression is just like trying to sleep in a semi upright position in tight jeans------which is really difficult for a comfort first gal like myself. I am changed into jammies early---everyday!!! So this is so bizarre!

I did talk to my PCP--------he suggested avoiding my back----which is easier said than done with this incision, but will try it. He had me use my old asthma inhaler to try to open the lungs up and allow them to clear.

Heck---I am so upset, I was sailing right ahead til last night!

Michelle that is so cool!!! Will you be ready for another fill, or will it be kinda a fake fill????

Laura, you will quit when you are ready---trying to do it any other time is a waste of time and $$$!!!!

Like I say, I wish sometimes I still could----but am thankful I have the quit so far behind me so as not to truly tempt me!!! Every now and then when Becky was still smoking, and we would go out to a club or something, I come so close to taking one of hers!!! But now she has quit too-------and we seldom go out since our favorite club shut down, so I might be safe!!

One of the missing Albq. boys was found in a creek in Vermont. There are still 2 missing up around a ski area in Colorado.

Pamela, I need to go outside and check the tomatoes and flowers and Water them before they all die, but I just refuse right now----although I might just to see if I can warm up some.

Rick's secretary is sick, and he is scared I have the same bug----I hope not!

And Haydee-------I actually unpacked my suitcase and I DO have my waterproof camera---so not too sure who the one in your car belongs to. Speaking of things like that---Tracy did you ever find your special tshirt you wore in Gruene??? If not maybe you should call the place and see if it got left behind.

Well I am going to go walk a bit, and see if I can make a difference in how crappy I feel.......

Hugs~

Kat

Way to go Michelle!

Kat-nope, never found the shirt. It is OK, it was way too big for me anyway. I just wanted it since my mm brought it to me from Jamaica. I will just tell her she needs to go get me another one. LOL

Laura-I wonder what is causing you to choke like that. That has to be a scary experience!

Haydee!... Thank you for the package! I've never tried "cracklings" before... I have a hard time getting past what it's made of... but I'll try to try them! Thank you for thinking of me, roomie!!

I forgot how hard the post-fill liquid diet is... ugh... especially with having been SO BAD for SO LONG... double ugh! No candy, no ice cream, no pizza (!)... poor, poor pitiful me!! (Remind me that when I'm finally at goal!!)

i miss you guys

just a quick check in to let you all know i'm alive. I know... maybe you all think i'm an early riser but that is honestly far from the truth... 5am is killing me, and I have a 12 hr day tomorrow

work is great but i miss you guys

i actually for the first time skipped right to the end ... 4 pages

Haydee, thanks for the package.. i ate a serving and am sick. LOL

Pam... you are sooooo sweet.

miss ya'll, i'll catch up in a day or so, i'm actually going to bed in 20 mins... that is a shocker too

Whew......... finally back from all taking Josh to the surgeon, and then stopping at Penney's outlet....... I TRIED ON SO MUCH STUFF and only got 2 pairs of shoes..... the upside......... the size 10 levis 515 DID fit... but they were longs and I didn't like the fading....

TRACY omg........ again I almost called you to talk me down off the java chiller ledge....... I actually ordered one but it came to me all goopy and melty.. and get this............ I SENT IT BACK and DIDN'T GET ANYTHING....... Yay me right?????????? well not really.. Josh had a small shake and I ended up finishing it for him!

TERRY THANK YOU!!!!!!! I'll go look at those links in a bit.....

MICHELLE: WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! How cool is that!

Kat and Laura: Sorry you both had a rough night.

JANE: Batteries...... :thumbup: need I say more LOL

Jenn: how did quiting the pizza place go over?

Haydee: I LOVE pork rinds.... it was one of my low carb crunch things... I dip them in ranch dressing... and since I'm a follower of TracyK I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO TRY DIPPING THEM IN PIMENTO CHEESE!

Judy: Do you ever rest?????????? You are the busiest retired person I know.

Suzie: How did dh's surgery go??????

If I missed anyone I am sorry..... I really am NOT the best personal writer......

Oh man they are damn good dipped in pimento cheese. Haven't had that in years!! I ate one bag already, had it for snack last night and b'fast this morning. Num num.

Pammy - I LOVE bouginvalia (sp?) and it should do great in Palm Springs! They say the more you ignore it the better it blooms...they like it hot and dry! I had to pull mine up finally...it was in a bed that is watered regularly by our sprinkler system and it just did NOT like all that Water. The thorns did grow nicely though!:thumbup: BTW, the reason your pics come out so big isi because you need to adjust your camera to a "small format" when you take pics. you may want to take a look at your manual to figure out how to do that...you're basically taking pics that would normally be printed to 8x10 or 11x14...or larger! It's a common mistake.

Michelle-- cool story!! Wonder why he picked you?? Just 'cause he wuvs you?? :tt2:

Haydee - I love cracklins,too!! ...but not nearly so much as DH! He wolfed down a bag before I could blink! He said that the brand you got he's been eating since he was a kid. Said they're the best! I like the REAL crunch ones...the kind you can break a tooth on LOL.... ever had those? (((Thank you for the package!!)))

Kat -- how's your grandbaby today??:eek: Prolly feeling pretty crummy. And how's your daughters RA?? Is she still living with her ex? How's that going?

TracyinKS - did you ever make pork rind pancakes when you were a low carber?? LOL...I did! They were pretty freakin' disgusting, too!!

I was a bad bandster today, too....2 brownies AND a sm chocolate shake! Fortunately didn't have much else today...lowfat crab salad, oatmeal and sushi. Damn chocolate. I'm a slave.

Laura - did you send Jane her package yet????

Dang, I miss you girls. I wish we could get together next month!! Jenn's got a 3 year plan for moving down here...what about the rest of you??!?!

Edited by TerriDoodle

It be big, but they be cute!!! When they grow they will be beautiful, the bright color against the fence!!!

I have behaved with my eating today for the most part, trying to make sure I do not eat anything that could make a reflux issue---I truly think it is the antibiotics and the compression!

My incision is still weeping------but I am seeing my Dr. tomorrow anyway so he can check it. He called concerning my reflux, and wants to look at me tomorrow.....of course!

Tracy, hope Josh's surgery goes well, will be thinking of you all.

I actually managed to do some laundry today.....I need to go shopping, and cannot wait til I really feel up to doing it!!!

Will try to check in later~~

Kat

Kat -what did you weigh when you went into surgery?

Hey roomie.. Here's your pic resized. Now get rid of the other one so we don't have to keep scrolling over to the side to read the posts!!

The morning of surgery I weighed in at the center at 184.5, the next day when I weighed, I weighed 198!! Today 177 still.

Manda is still with her ex, and seems to be very happy. Kinsey is staying with my Mom while I cannot do for her. I worried if there were to be an emergency, I could not pick her up. I miss her like crazy---make Mom bring her by often!!

Manda's RA is quiet now, the swelling gone, and her last monitor (heart) was without episodes. She has another echo done the end of June.

Very sweet of you to ask! Thank you!

Kat

Kat, good luck at the Doc's tomorrow. Hopefully he will know why it's still weeping and can get it stopped for you.

Tracy, Thanks for asking. Hubby is home and doing great. Doc said everything looked wonderful and won't have to repeat it for another five years. He did remove 2 very teeny polyps but said that he knew that they were benign. He sent them off to be biopsied anyway.

Not much happened today. After we got home it was pretty quite. Went to the neighbors for awhile and than came home and fixed salads for dinner.< /span>

Hope everyone had a great day.