Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Laura - don't your customers have to sign off on samples before you run the jobs? And I can't believe that guys ego boost! Oh well, if he's going to that much trouble he must need it bad...

ha ha ha!! we couldn't find one that it would fit in!! let me know how everyone likes it! everyone in my office loved it!

Pamela - hope you start feeling better! I can't ever remember how many cc's I have in my band...

Evveryone bow your heads & close your eyes for a word of prayer...DH just went on a job interview. THIS is the one I want him to get!!

Haydee-I wish I could work from home sometimes! I have the capability (and the program) to do it from home but it is one of those "if we let you then we will have to let everyone" type deals....UGH

Yeah, Laura -- don't they have to sign a contract stating that they understand that these are RJK colors (or whatever they're called)? I suppose the gap between the know and know-nots is getting wider...but YOU shouldn't be the ones to pay the price!!

Haydee-I wish I could work from home sometimes! I have the capability (and the program) to do it from home but it is one of those "if we let you then we will have to let everyone" type deals....UGH
Yeah, and god forbid that employee morale and productivity should actually go UP!?!! Tell them they should make it a benefit for anyone with 10+ years at the company! (how many do you have??)

Sending good vibes to DH Tracy!!!!

Yes, customers do sign off on samples. They sign off on digital proofs, which have a disclaimer- DO NOT use for color matching.. they are to show content, to make sure pages are laid out right, etc. If they want color proofs, it's a $30 charge.. but 99% of the time, the graphic artist knows the colors they used, so no one needs to see a color proof. This is just a case of newbie graphic artist who didn't know what he was doing, and printing is CMYK, computers are RGB (color schemes), so most people in the industry (hopefully) understand the difference.. which is why everyone uses Pantone color matching.. it's like the color charts for paints.. actually, same system. Every color on the computer, you right click and can say, what is this color, and it gives you the make up to make that specific color.. and that's what we print from. We don't use the naked eye to say "Hm.. this looks blue, lets make it more blue".

I got a choco chip cookie dough frostie from Wendy's.. shh don't tell my scale.< /p>

And so far everyone likes it Haydee, I just hung it up-- I love it. Most the artwork in here is monet's fields and stuff, so it makes it all rustic and still white tigery...woot.

Oh and as for benefits, the last guy on our bowling team, long time family friend, he is the GM or something for Burger King. He said they give gifts to people on their 5 year anniversary there, 10 year, etc. He says the value depends on the anniversary.. said he had to go buy a plasma tv for one of his 15 year employees, diamond earrings for a 5 year--they get to pick it out on a budget. Sounds neat, that would not fly here lol.

Edited by FairyFacade

Oh and Haydee, I got your box right before we went to lunch, got back and saw the CUTE shirts, hopefully they will fit. And the cracklins were in there.. nom nom. They are wonderful, tell your mom I said thanks!!

i didn't realize i put them in there! well, i'm glad you liked them. mom says you're welcome!

ummmmmmmmmmmm excuse me................but .........

TERRY: I SEE A NEW NUMBER ON YOUR SIGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry is in the 170's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

I just got my Haydee package!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!

I got my drainage tubes out, and feel wonderful!!! I actually began bleeding some yesterday afternoon from my incision. He was worried about possible infection so had me come in, he had me go back this morning. He put me on preventative antibiotics---but cultured the seepage, and nothing grew overnight at all---it is not infection, he thinks I am reacting to the dissolving stitches. I can wear real clothes, without the horrid tubes.

Tracy fingers crossed for DH!! 17.5 pounds for ditching the smokes is not bad at all!! I feel like Pamela is the same way--her weight loss--while quitting is impressive! I totally gained weight----held onto it for years, I must have liked it A LOT!!!! I have not been in the 170's since back when I did smoke---this is all new territory for me! I am a lovin' it though.

Saw a friend in the store when I stopped on the way home today, she tells me, everytime I see you, you have lost more weight, I cannot believe it! I told her it took 2 years to take off what I did, and while I would like to lose some more, I am not going to stress a lot over it. She is a beautiful woman, has this perfect figure. She told me, that for years she fought to keep the scale at 125 pounds. She said she worked out, did without treats, watched every bite. Then she remarried, and he did not like the way she treated herself, so she relented a little bit, she said the scale went up to 136, and stopped, she said she now does not stress over it, doesn't have to fight every day, and no one but her has ever even noticed!! So.....all these years I just though that Twila was one of the "lucky ones" and she too had been fighting. I hope my body finds a weight it likes that I can agree with!!!!!! The only one it ever found it liked and seemed to hang at no matter what was 286!!! Not one I wanted!!

Haydee, you do have a difficult decision to make. That is a lot of time to give up for getting to and from work! As for the working for Moms friend-----often times those jobs have many ways of transferring within---so over time if you wanted to go into a different area I bet you could.

TracyKS-I cannot believe he broke his toe in 2 places and is goin' and a blowin'!! I broke my toe once and whined for weeks!!!!!

OMG girls---I just had the nicest visit from one of "my girls". When I began doing daycare years ago, I took in the neighbors newborn, and 2 older kids. When this little girl was just over 8 months old, I got a call from her Dad, that her Mom had been feeling real bad all morning, and when she went to the Dr. They found her in premature labor!!! She is a nurse! Had no idea she was pregnant again! They flew her out to Albq. to try to stop the labor, and couldn't so the baby was born at 26 weeks weighing 1 lb 7 ounces. She was one of the first babies they ever used surfactant in her lungs to help them develop. So while Mom, Dad and new baby were in Albq. the other 3 kids stayed with me. 4 months later, they brought the baby home, and we all took classes to learn how to attach her to her monitors etc. And I kept the kids until one by one they became old enough to work in Dads business instead of requiring daycare. But these were neighbors, and when they divorced Dad retained custody---and I watched them grow up. The girls are 8 1/2 months apart. Tyne, the teeny baby, grew up without any issues at all, and will be a Senior this coming year!!

Anyway, Canyon, the oldest of the 2 girls, graduated the evening I had surgery, so I missed it! She just come to the door and brought me roses!!! Her grandparents sent her roses, and she is leaving tomorrow to go on a graduation trip with her Mom---so she knew her flowers would be gone---so she was taking them around to all the people who helped her get through school. She is such a sweetie!!!

These are younger sisters to the girl who got lost snow mobiling with her family last winter.

My nephew also graduated night before last. His parents are divorced, he has always seen and spent time with his Dad though. Sunday, in church his Dad had a seizure (the believe to be caused by him being an alcoholic in withdrawal), and he hit his head on the pew in front of him, and bit the artery in his tongue. He has been in ICU without much hope ever since.

The Navajo way of things has my poor nephew who is barely 18, having to make all of the decisions now as man of the house. His grandmother is living, and his Dad was one of 7 kids---but they are putting all decisions off on the poor kid. Really ruined his celebration of graduation.

Please tell your son Congrats for us Terry----I too was sooooooo glad to leave school behind when we finally got Abbey through!

I celebrated!!! Both girls continued school--but from then on it was their choice, and their decisions--I was DONE!! I grajidaded!!!!!!!

Hey Terry......or Pam.....or whoever else is moderating. All of a sudden I am receiving notices of reported posts......any idea why? It says they will be sent to all moderators, but I was not one. Hmmmmmmm any ideas?

Kat

ummmmmmmmmmmm excuse me................but .........

TERRY: I SEE A NEW NUMBER ON YOUR SIGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry is in the 170's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

You're an eagle eye, Tracy!! Dang! Sharp as a tack! Yeah, funny how when you run out of ice cream and don't replace it, the scale starts moving again!? Who'da thunk it? I'm trying so hard not to eat around my band and play by the rules. I also have been weaning myself off of Lexapro to see if I can be human without it AND to see if they have something to do with my ZERO sex drive and weight stall. Interesting results so far! :lol:
Hey Terry......or Pam.....or whoever else is moderating. All of a sudden I am receiving notices of reported posts......any idea why? It says they will be sent to all moderators, but I was not one. Hmmmmmmm any ideas?Kat

Yes, Alex was trolling for new moderators (lost a couple) and I told him that I thought you might be interested. He made a couple of leaps ahead and just gave you mod status without actually asking you! I think that was the day of your surgery, so i didn't think there was any point in me telling you..........you wouldn't have remembered!! LOL So, now you're a mod! If you have issues with it, or whatever, just PM Alex. Otherwise, go get 'em girl! I actually resigned last week sometime. Too much aggravation, not enough pay! :lol: