Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hey Girls!

Pamela -- you got 1.2 cc's on your last fill?? Shit! No wonder you were sick like a dog!! At this stage my doctor gives me 0.1-0.2cc at each adjustment!!! Teeny tiny adjustments can make a very big difference! Keep an eye on that doctor!!

TracyK -- It's all good, girlfriend. In the words of my guru, MJ Ryan:

As I was writing THIS YEAR I WILL, the Winter Olympics were ending. The greatest skaters, snowboarders, and skiers in the world spent two weeks falling down, missing gates, tumbling over themselves and others, then getting up and keeping going. The greatest athletes in the world! My heart leapt at the sight. Not because I'm glad they slipped up, but because I fervently hoped that their example of tenacity and excellence would help banish the notion of perfection forever. You're good enough as you are, to do what you want, as well as you can. Just keep at it. In the process, you'll be growing your soul as well as a new behavior. You'll be learning how to be gentler to yourself and others.

Good stuff, eh?

Tracy - Robby's getting around OK? Is this a new attitude for DH toward Cody? Uh, did Cody really think he'd be able to pull that one off....calling in sick for an all day detention? LOL Time to face the music, kid!

My son has one more day of high school left. He is SO ready to be out of the "public education system' as he calls it! No rest for the weary, however, as he starts summer college classes on Monday! HA!

OMG I've reached an all time low! PB'd again on 3 small bites of cottage cheese AGAIN. No surprise there. So 2 quick pb's at home and I am thinking I am good to go. NNNNOOOOOOOO.

Driving to work I was dying. Thank goodness I work close to home. I run in the building and walk into the first classroom on the left (my good friend) and hurl (not pb anymore) full on hurl into her trash can! This of course makes her start to gag (how nice of me, huh?). So, we talk and laugh (almost pee'd our pants) a bit...then whamo...another full on hurl. Of course by this time I am hurling slime...but it was a hurl all the same! WTF!!! Can't stand it anymore. Can't wait until 9:30.

I'll be fat forever...as long as I don't ever do that again!

xoxo

Oh pammy, I hope you feel better after your fill. Terry is absolutely right, that was way too much of a fill. I get mad at my doctor who only goes like .2-.4 at a time but so far I've done real good and thank goodness no PB'ing. I went Saturday to get a fill but she said I was already at a good restriction, that my pouch wasn't enlarged and that I just needed to pay attention to what went in my mouth. I'm like, are you serious? I eat HEALTHY food and I lose weight? LOL, she cracked up laughing. She told me that I can't let the band do all the work. I was hoping to be one of those few lucky people that don't get hungry when they've got good restriction. Nope, not Haydee...

So... I've got a good job opportunity that is knocking on my door and why am I not acting on it? My mom's best friend is head of the accounting department at a very large prominent hospital here in Houston. She's been asking me to come work for her for months now. She needs someone responsible, organized and feels like I would do a good job. My starting salary would be 15% greater than my current salary is. Great benefits... Loooonnng commute. But I can deal with that. But I'm hemming and hawwing about it. I dunno know why... It's not like I love my job where I am at now. I actually can't stand it most days. Sigh... Gotta get my crap together...

Suzie! I love your pic! I like your hair short like that, it does make you look thinner like Tracy said. You need to replace your avatar with this one! My sister would be so jealous of your spoon collection. She's been collecting for about 5 years now. She loves her little spoons!

Laura - I tracked your package and you should be getting it today. I sent you some shirts. If they don't work just pass 'em along to someone who might want them.

So... I've got a good job opportunity that is knocking on my door and why am I not acting on it? My mom's best friend is head of the accounting department at a very large prominent hospital here in Houston. She's been asking me to come work for her for months now. She needs someone responsible, organized and feels like I would do a good job. My starting salary would be 15% greater than my current salary is. Great benefits... Loooonnng commute. But I can deal with that. But I'm hemming and hawwing about it. I dunno know why... It's not like I love my job where I am at now. I actually can't stand it most days. Sigh... Gotta get my crap together...

Gawd, I hope you're not talking the Medical Center!! That would be a hellish commute!!

Ok, give me a list.... pros and cons.... why aren't you jumping on that job???

Change is scary sometimes. But you gotta "go thru it to get to it"....y'know??

Pros - better salary, chance for advancement, great benefits, would be able to work from home on some days, better schedule, I would love my boss (!!!)

Cons - looong commute (yes, it's at Memorial Hermann in the medical center), more stress (??)

That's about it for the cons... And even the stress I think I can deal with. The long commute is what kinda scares me. I also feel that since she is my mom's friend that if I were to come work for her and that I wouldn't be what she needed that she would have qualms about letting me know just because i'm my mom's daughter. You know what I mean?? I'm confident that I can do the job but what if she just doesn't like me? I don't want her to feel 'stuck' with me...

Haydee I say go for it!! $$$ Honey! I work accounting here for back-up and it can be a nice job. Of course, any hospital accounting I ever deal with, is me being an irrate customer and they are incompetent idiots.. but whatever hah.

I am having a weird day with customer. I don't know how much of this would be over the heads of people not in the printing industry but.. One customer, has been chewing out his CSR for a week, so she finally passed it on to me since I'm the 'higher up'. Essentially, the cd cover is purple. They wanted it blue. The computer looks blue when you look at it, but we don't go off of computer, every monitor is calibrated differently, you go off of the color build up (they all have a number CMYK calibration) His online proof says (they all do) do NOT look at this proof for color, it is for content only. What we do, is we pick the ACTUAL color values from their artwork.. for example this was a Pantone Purple color.. And we printed it DEAD ON, we pulled the Pantone swatches, we hit it 100%. But he wanted it blue. We can only print what they give us, but when he looks at it on his normal computer screen, it was blue. After explaining this to him a million times, he still insists we take 'responsibility' for printing it.. exactly how it was made. It's a graphic designer issue, if they wanted it blue, he made it blue for his computer. He didn't actually use real PMS colors, and his computer clearly wasn't calibrated for printing.. but I am guessing the designer is blaming us, even though we printed exactly what the file was.

Then, another ego-crazy artist.. they are amazing like that. Willing to pay thousands, to actually come here and press check his job, paying to run it by itself.. all for 1,000 copies-- our minimum. And it's just a cover picture of him with a guitar. And he wants it to be dead on. Normally it's a $300 job, right now he's making it a $2,000 job + travel expenses.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH they might pay for a tummy tuck!!!!!!!!!!! Negotiate Paid Time OFF from the start........ don't lose anything you already have......... Ask them for a benefit packet... how much your premiums would be, life and ad&d....... paid holidays...... salary or hourly....... (can you tell I'm a benefits person???)

Robby is getting around amazingly well...... had I not taken him for xrays I would never believe that his big toe is broken in two places!

He graduated from Pre-K today.......... so cute!

Cody is going to his moms tonight since we are swapping out kids (Josh is coming home with us) Charles is freaking out why Cody is going tonight and not Friday........ (admitedly I gave him the choice... since I'm driving 40 minutes to meet his mom anyway...) Charles is p.o.d right now..... gawd he is so insecure....... and I need a break from the constant fighting..... He's like....... AHHHHHAAAA so your the one who instigated it...... I said, "what is the big deal... Cody would be home watching cartoons by himself anyway"....... He's like... "I know you don't understand and you just won't unless something happens to you....." blah blah.......... Cody and Josh fight like cats and dogs........ and then Robby gets in on it..... I don't really want to spend my work week dealing with it all.... (sorry for the vent) it just ticks me off.......

Sorry, Haydee...but that commute would be a deal-buster for me! Is there any kind of park and ride thing you could do? Still.... that's 3 hours of your life every day that you can kiss goodbye. Ugh. Not to mention the cost of gas these days! Jeez, can't you work out of the Woodlands or something??

TracyinKS - are you talking about your own TT? I"m lost, as usual.:lol: souns to me like Charles wants you to have all the responsibility but none of the authority. Life doesn't work like that.... or, not very well!

Didn't get my unfill yesterday... too much crapola going on...again!!

I'm confused, I thought you were talking about Haydee's new job paying for a TT.. and I don't think Haydee needs a TT lol.. Confused I am!!

I was talking about Haydee negotiating a deal........

and yes..... a weeee bit stressed...... but I will hang tough. He goes to camp 2 weeks this summer and will spend at least one week at his moms. I'm praying that he matures a bit over the summer...... he turns 13 on Sunday.... lord help us all.

Back from unfill...took almost 2 hours...I hate that part. But I am at 1.0. He wanted it all out to heal, but that scared the crap out of me. I will baby this for a while. Sadly, it burned when I drank Water for him, so he is calling in some script for the reflux.

yeahyeahyeah.

Haydee~ Terri is right about the drive and gas. Anychance you could always work from home.

ummm, yes i do need a TT. big time. I can hide it very well!! but anyhoo, yes Terry, I would definetly do the park and ride. it's only about 10 min from my house and I would ride the bus in to work every morning. but yes, the commute is a huge factor. but again, there is a possibility that once i get going I might be able to work from home a few days a week. All this I would have to clear up with her before I start of course. And thank you Tracy! Those are things that I never ever think to ask. I always go straight for the salary and never worry about benefits but last time I interviewed for a job I was 22 so I didn't really worry about benefits, ha!

When I started at my current job we only got Thanksgiving and Christmas off. That's it! No health benefits and only one week paid time off once you were with the company for 2 years. Slowly but surely we've managed to get my boss to change his mind about stuff but it was rough at first. Now we've got all major holidays off, paid time off if you've been here one year...health benefits, sick days... But like I said, when I was hired I never ever thought to ask about any of this!