Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hi girl.

Sorry no one called. My cell phone was left at home....Then we got incredibly busy settling me in, and people started coming by to check on me. I slept most of yesterday, as well as most tocay as well.

Denise what a cutey he is! I am so glad you had the forsight to stay with her!

Surgery went well. The Dr, said he removed 12 pound! My scale is not showing it lost---It shows me being 8 pounds heavier. I did weigh yesterday morning before going to surgery---I guess they adjust your anesthesia, and according to both my scale and the one at the hospital, I was up 4 pounds.

So he did my surgery, and I showed them I could eat, and walk and pee without assistance and I could leave.

I am so glad they did not Lipo much, because that is where I hurt!

They have a pain bolus it is called hooked up to me. It is round, about the size of a Christmas tree, it has 2 teeny tinsy tubes going from the ball to inside my incision--feeding pain contol directly. I also have 2 drainage bags. You dump them, then you squeeze it and close it---which makes it pull out Fluid.< /strong>

I am exhausted today. All I want to do is sleep! Going to try the bed tonight, I slept in the recliner last night.

I too want to say what a wonderful trip, we hadin TX. I enjoyed each and every one of you. I stumbled upon such amazing friends from this site. I too see us having many more!

Were all the little kids happy to get thier Mommys home? I bet they were!

Well I have been sitting up too long---I am hurting again. I will tr to check in tommorow~~~~thanks for all the good vibes coming my way in surgery!

Love ya all!

Kat

Kat!!! It's so good to hear from you!!!!! I was amazed that you were able to come home the same day. Can't wait to see pics. You're going to look sooooo hawt!!!

When you wore the first blouse on Friday, I sure didn't think you needed surgery, but when you wore the other tan blouse, I could see what you were talking about and am sooooooooo happy you got rid of it (the tummy, not the blouse) and will be feeling so good about yourself now!!! (not implying you didn't look great in the tan blouse... I was just really looking for the belly and there it was!!!) Yikes... am I digging a hole for myself here or what??? Help me, Violets!!!

I'm just in from the hot tub and am packed for Canada. Just toiletries in the morning... I know the drill. I'll be out of touch until we get back on Monday night. Try not to talk too much, k?????? I've been telling everyone here how much fun I had in Texas and Bob and I watched the videos tonight on the big screen tv. Did I mention that Bob got picked for a new job?? He's going to be the part-time, interim Associate Conference Minister of the United Northern Association. It's a mouthful and really an honor for him . I'm so proud of him!!! It's a great way to finish out his career. There is also a church about 3 hours away that is in trouble and has no pastor. He's considering an interim there too. That means I'll be a bachelorette a few days a week if he gets that. The ACM job he can do from here one day or two a week.

Well, enough rambling. I better post this before I lose it! Everyone have a great weekend...

Love you guys!!!!:confused_smile:

I am back home!! Houston was okay, but nothing to write home about. I noticed three things about Houston, 1. they have a lot of donut shops, a chain I believe called Shipley? plus many independent ones. 2. there is a lot of shoe repair shops. I can seriously only think of one here. and 3. There are a LOT of adult stores and they are in every neighborhood even the swanky ones!!!

Where did everyone post pictures?

I forgot to thank Haydee for my midnight toothpaste run!!!! Thanks!!!

Well I am going to do some laundry and get ready for bed.

Jane

Judy, have a great trip! I will be gone all weekend too, so nobody talk too much!

Janie~ Welcome home! Did you go IN any adult stores??? I sure hope so:biggrin::confused_smile:

TracyK~Help...what is your address? Is it still xxx Calle??? I am not sure I have the 'NEWER' one. Please email or pm me w/ your addy. Thanks...sooner the better.

Woke up to thunder and lightning. Nice sleeping weather,so I may head back to bed here soon. And I deserve it, I have worked like crazy the last 2 days.

OK, brag time. DAVID COOK. My hometown hero. And such a cutie, him and his brother. I was nervous after the night before and Simon being such a butt to him, but he did it.

I have the next 5 days off from work so I'm going to enjoy it. Today I have a 10am appointment to get a cut and highlights. That will take about 4 hours. My hairdresser is such an entertainer. She cracks me up.

Judy, have a safe trip.

Everyone have a great day.

I thought we already decided on a cruise..... spouses optional...
I was just kidding. My sense of humor is still a little OFF!...I was exhausted still yesterday! Much better today. I don't care WHERE we go, I just want to GO!! Are we there yet??
I am back home!! Houston was okay, but nothing to write home about. I noticed three things about Houston, 1. they have a lot of donut shops, a chain I believe called Shipley? plus many independent ones. 2. there is a lot of shoe repair shops. I can seriously only think of one here. and 3. There are a LOT of adult stores and they are in every neighborhood even the swanky ones!!!
Dang, Jane! Houston's not THAT bad!! :confused_smile:

Buenos Dias chicas~

Ok...I am in Riverside (about 45 min away) for a meeting...so don't talk too much! I am still exhausted, haven't got my "sea legs" back yet. Can't believe I have to travel again tomorrow. But I am so glad to see Susanne! It has only been 1 week, but it feels like more.

Kat~ Take it easy. You have to rest...but post when you can!

Judy~ Have fun, although after last weekend, fun is well, relative, eh?

Susie~ LOVELOVELOVE David Cook! I rooted for him all season since you first told us about him! He was so humbled last night!

OK...gotta go play scrab. My principal will pick me up in a short bit for the drive....ooooo boy!

Have a great day~ I REALLY MISS YA'LL

Terry, you are right Houston wasn't that bad, but after our trip it was hard to live up to.

Tracyks, works with hands in spare time?!? How funny!!! It was a hoot to look at!!

I was a Davod Cook fan also, was surprised he won, but very glad. I thought the under 19 crowd was the only one that voted, thus making him impossible to be voted in. I was very happy when I saw it on the news.

Well doing some laundry and then will hop in shower.

Jane

Woohoo for cruise! July 4th is a big to-do for my family, and then it's our anniversary. I guess we can just keep doing August vacations for our anniversary..

I got this from our travel lady today.. (SHEESH)

Customers who purchase domestic economy class tickets on or after May 12, 2008 but before June 15, 2008 may check one bag for free and check a second bag for $25 each way. Customers who purchase domestic economy class tickets on or after June 15, 2008 will be charged $15 each way for the first checked bag and $25 each way for the second checked bag. Our carry-on policy of one personal item (such as a purse or laptop bag) plus one bag remains in place.

Kat - I'm so glad you're feeling okay!!

Jane - that sux that you didn't have a good time here in Houston! You should have called me and I would have taken you around and shown you the 'real' Houston. Next time?

It's a wonderful day here in Houston. Getting hotter every minute. Still trying to catch up from being out and now we've got another three day weekend. I feel overwhelmed with my workload this week. Make it a great day everyone!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ0z86LmXBM]YouTube - John Mayer: Say (music video from "The Bucket List")[/ame]

The John Mayer song he did for The Bucket List.. it's so beautiful, and I've been passing it around work so I thought I'd post it for you guys. It's uplifting, makes you wanna seize life!!

He's banging Jennifer Anniston, I'm not sure who I'm more jealous of!

Edited by FairyFacade

Oh and why didn't anyone tell me how bad I look with my hair pulled up? I always do that when I'm being lazy, but looking at our pics, I look horrid with my hair pulled back!!

And I keep forgetting to say, I did text you Kat, but so glad you came out with no problems, and I can not wait to see your B&A pics!!!!! The weight gain is probably a lot from swelling & Water retention from the surgery.

Sheesh you guys are so quiet today. About 20 minutes ago, I decided I wanted to cut my hair off! So I just did that. It's just to my shoulders now.. I'll take a pic when I get home :crying:)

WOOOHOOOO for David Cook! May FAV!

Laura-I'll bet your hair is cute! Feel lightheaded? lol

Everyone that is going away this weekend...be careful. I am just going to stay home and relax and enjoy the long weekend.

Have a great night violets. I never can remember what I was going to say until I log off. UGH!

Kat-good to see you post! Hope you are feeling good today!