Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good morning everyone....

My back is killing me. Gotta love mother nature...the witch! lol

Wow, this time day after tomorrow I will be running around and checking the list twice to make sure I have everything ready for the trip. I will pack tomorrow but I always get nervous about knowing I forgot something!

How does everyone feel? Better I hope?!

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning!

Well I made it home in one piece with no deer or elk for a hood ornament! Saw plenty of them, but none closer than the side of the road thankfully!!!

I drove through hours of rain, snow, hail, sleet -- and about 30 minutes of sunshine!!!! Was not a pleasant trip!

He had trouble hitting my port...he thinks it is just that as I have dropped weight, the port is sitting at an angle now....so he is speaking with my surgeon today about port placement, and they may move it. He poked me 7 times--my belly is sore. Then I have to laugh at myself, complaining of a few needle pokes with what I am in for!!! Dummy me!

I can definitely tell a difference in no restriction. I cannot say I am hungry yet. But usually when I get up, I just "know" I need to wait awhile to eat. The feeling is different. I ate last night without issue, but I just ate what I would have otherwise---and tried to eat in the same way as I am now used to. Going to continue in that way, and hope it is not a mad rush to regain weight!!!

He was thrilled with my progress, and results. I spoke to a couple of women in the waiting room who were there for their first consult following the seminar. They were so excited. Then there was a young woman sitting in the office, I think he had done some implant surgery for her---she is thin...very thin, and she says "I think I would have skipped the surgery if I would have thought I would have all that excess skin"---I wanted to be so rude!!!!

I told her, I had decided I would rather have deflated skin, than fat filled skin! The overweight women agreed, she just ignored me!!! LOL I decided in her case----you can give a woman big new fake boobs---ya just can't give her personality!

Well today I have a dozen things on my to do list. Then tomorrow, I have the morning to do all my last minute cleaning---then it is off to Albq. so I can be ready to hit the airport at 4:30 AM!! I am soooooo excited!

I'm with you Jane---this unfilled business is a bit spooky!!! I feel like someone just took the training wheels off my bike!! You Violets are gonna have to run beside us--make sure we don't fall!!! LOL

Supposed to rain here today, in fact the weather report showed rain at the Albq. as well as Houston airports----I hope it all clears up, I liked the weather report Terry posted!!!

Well I am going to go through the email I missed yesterday and get busy, I have too much to do, to go back to sleep with Kinsey which is what I reallllllllllly want to do!!

Hope everyone is feeling better!

Kat

Morning Violets~

Well...I am not sick...just under the weather. I feel shitty and omg...my back hurts so bad. 2 nights ago, I took the PM's and the Zyrtec and slept like a rock, only crooked I guess. Hurts like it did in Dec. when I missed 3 days of work! I slept w/ an ice pack in my panties last night...and have one in there now. I will stay on the Zyrtec. The last few days it has been sooo windy...so there is the problem. Come hell or high Water, I am getting on that plane...I just want to feel good when I do.

Kat~Glad you made it back!

Janie~ Sweet dreams??? We are waiting to hear!

I PB'd 3 times yesterday. Honestly, this freakin sucks! Why cant chocolate and nicotine be good for you!

Kat, the weather in houston is usually not the same as in the hill country since we are so close to the coast.

Here's the weather forecast... not quite as sunny as predicted before, but a few clouds is actually good! New Braunfels Weekend Weather Forecast - weather.com

Morning Violets~

Well...I am not sick...just under the weather. I feel shitty and omg...my back hurts so bad. 2 nights ago, I took the PM's and the Zyrtec and slept like a rock, only crooked I guess. Hurts like it did in Dec. when I missed 3 days of work! I slept w/ an ice pack in my panties last night...and have one in there now. I will stay on the Zyrtec.

Get on the floor and do some gentle back stretches!!! That will do more good for you than anything. I think you're supposed to alternate heat and ice. Heat is to relax the muscles and ice is to reduce inflammation...and you need both of those things. Everytime I go shopping (trying on clothes) my back is sore for 3 days. When your back gets strained once then it seems like there's always that vulnerability. Laura can tell you, too!! Stress is not good either...and we've all had plenty of that lately!

How are your girly parts these days, anyway?

Good Morning, Violets!! In 3 days, the good morning will be to lots of you in PERSON!! wooooooo hooooooooooo!!!

I might be old, but one of the perks is not having to worry about TOM anymore!!

The cold is getting better. I slept fairly well last night and dont' have anything today except a few little things.

I'm going to go fix Breakfast and get busy with laundry and general cleaning. The Bobster will be gone to a church meeting Friday-Sunday so the house won't get dirty by itself. I think.

Everyone have a great day!!

Well I slept pretty good. I got better sleep than I have in a month, but not what I thought all day. I feel better though. I didn't have reflux, or throw up once!!!! Yay!!!!!

I weighed myself this morning and I am at 239! I wanted to be in the 220s for the trip, but I still have today and tomorrow!?!

I got some jeans back from the tailor yesterday, of course even the petites need to be hemmed, but I had dreams last night they didn't fit because I gained weight. I think I am going to wear them today to remind me they fit.

Terry you are sooo nice and organized!!!!!

Pam- For the back woes, in my case, the inflammation kept my spine out of whack and in pain. So if I could get the muscles to relax and quit tightening up, the rest of it would heal. This took a special concoction of either 6 advils or ibuprofen, or 2 skelaxins & a valium. Make sure you take something that eases the muscles in your back so it can work on correcting itself. I know NSAIDS are a no-no for banding, but the occasional use (when needed) is no harm. Just make sure you drink enough Water to flush it out of your pouch.

I just talked with TracyK!! :biggrin2:

I have a funny feeling that we could've chatted the day away!! and I have another funny feeling that we WILL chat the days AND nights away this weekend... I predict nonstop chatter for all of us!!

I can't wait!!

OK, I'm on a roll now!! I just spoke to Laura!! :biggrin2: This is going to be so much fun!!

TracyK: I'm going to have to try and do the video by myself with my regular camera............... there is no way I have time to try and borrow one....

Drama drama drama. I think I told you guys how my sister was cheating on her girlfriend, and my sister ended up cutting herself. Since then, it's been such a headache. They live together (at 19..), and now my sister has a new girlfriend. Met her 6 days ago on Myspace, she lives in Nashville.. they met up 2 times, and are now 'madly in love'. They have plans for the girl to move down and move in with my sister (and her ex.) Her ex, is looking for an apartment, but meanwhile they are fighting and I gotta say from looking at my sister's ex situations, lesbians are VINDICTIVE!!!!!!!!! Her gf's always do weird stuff like mess up their house, car, steal stuff, get in physical fights, stir up drama. When me and DH broke up (we broke up a lot early on), we split, and didn't talk. We weren't out to get each other. Any of my exes, when we broke up, that was it.. no fights afterward, maybe some sadness, but nothing to hurt each other. So we're caught in this drama. Sister's ex works here. Her ex has been texting my sister like 'go ahead and kill yourself' etc. And sister is depressed/suicidal/bitchy.. and meanwhile I got a text from her ex this morning "Good morning love, it's icky out so drive careful!". Akward... She been texting my mom saying she loves us and hopes to stay close, etc.. meanwhile texts my sister to tell her to kill herself.. derrr.

So it's a rough time. But meanwhile sister is madly in love in 6 days with a girl she met 2 times, met online a week ago. And wanting to move in together, and just.. grrr. Wanna smack her. Meanwhile she still doing drugs, not working, not going to her classes. She's such a trainwreck. DH said he had a talk with her yesterday and she said she's afraid of being alone.. so DH said, get a FRIEND as a room mate, you don't have to have a lover. You're 19, be young and single and date people.. get to know them, etc. I was saying, looking at their myspace, the new girlfriend is just as crazy as her "I am so in love with you, I've never felt this way", etc. They JUST MET! So DH said "Maybe that's how lesbians date?". So, Pam.. is this how lesbians date?!

LOL...not all of us. I really think age and drugs are at play, far more than sexuality. Remember, Susanne is my first...so I don't have a point of reference. Women are emotional, especially when they are hurt. Even w/ a man/woman...the woman is the one causing the drama most of the time.

Susanne's ex (they were together 5 years) ran her over...and burned down the house (not a part of them...but still). Anyway, I don't think it is a lesbian thing per se...but you never know. That is not how I roll. I am silent...but I can be mean too??!!!!