Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Terry--it is not SOP for the surgery. I have such an issue with the weight of this hanging pannus, that it is interupting the lymphatic Fluid drainage, and actually making it appear worse than before, due to Fluid retention. He said it is not uncommon, that the next step would be for the lymph nodes in the groin to swell, and people see the gyno, who then sends them to him. So he is hoping to use them to reduce the swelling in the tissue. He is consulting with my PCP to see if we can put me onto some diuretics instead----if my blood pressure will take it, it is pretty low these days....who would thunk it???!

Anyway....my Dad is riding with me tomorrow. Becky was going to but her flight in from TX----was delayed----not something I want to hear with the tight schedule I am sticking to next weekend!!! LOL But it will be good to have some time with my Dad. If he will help me stay awake that will be good! Watching for deer is the biggie tomorrow night....and a storm is due to hit the mountains. It never fails! It is supposed to be storming in Albq, the morning I leave for IAH! GAAHH!!!

Anyway.......

Judy feel better----I am so sorry you are sick!

Michelle....hope it is not pink eye.

Everyone hang in there, we are almost there!!!!

I did not sleep last night hardly at all, so I am off to bed....I'll try to look in in the morning before I leave, if not see ya Wed.

Hugs!

Kat

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHh

lost my post. that is what happens when you don't get much sleep and up for work. Anyway, i was saying our trailer never showed up so we went shopping for office supplies. I'm going in to work today and tomorrow and then home thursday to get ready and heading to the airport at 4 to catch my flight to see my violets.

Terry - you guys are in my prayers, I don't know much about medical stuff but i would think antibiotis too, or some kind of treatment?

anyway, off to work, have a great day

did ya all see the new Jenny Craig commercial with Valerie? I love it, she is at goal at a size "surfer girl" and will never be a size "gidget" but is at her goal. How cute is that?

I'm mental, need more coffee...

Good morning...to all of you ailing violets...Texas is the cure, ok? Take care until then.

Have a great day everyone!

I hear you Jennifer coffee!!!!!

I had a staph infection a couple of years ago, and I was in the hospital, they were debriding it 3x's a day, and when I went home I had a picc (sp) line in for IV antibiotics. It could have killed me, I am glad that I had attentive Dr.s. A staph infection is nothing to brush off. Scary!!

Judy how is your cold? What about your eye Michelle?? Purple thoughts to you both!!!!

Well I am showered, but nothing else. Will check in late tonight!!!

Jane

Ok, so I am a bad Violet & didn't call the doc yesterday, decided to take a "wait & see" approach... I did take an allergy pill last night &, altho my eyes are still so, so itchy, they aren't red or gunky like yesterday morn... so I'm thinking it's allergies...

Another busy day... make it a great one, Vi's!!

Do you ever lose a post and think to yourself that it must be God's way of telling you what you had to say isn't worth saying?

.... so I'll just say, GOOD MORNING VIOLETS! :)

Sending all my "healing vibes" to all of you that you get to feeling better and stay healthy. Don't want anyone sick for your get together.

Busy day here today. And I have to work later this afternoon.

Everyone have a great day, Hugs.

Up, and ready to go.....it is cold and windy, looks ready to rain here---wonder what the mountain passes have in store???

Michelle they have eye drops made for allergies available over the counter this year, called Zaditor. They were Rx only til this year. They are not cheap---I think I paid $12 a bottle in Walmart for them. They do not work as well for me as the Pantenol Rx----which I am out of! But they work, and they worked fantastic for my DD. They are a 12 hour formula----and they work for a long time I will say! I think if I would remember to just use them in the morning....rather than waiting until the itching gets so bad already, it would help!!!! You might try them. I NEVER got relief from Visine, or Bausch & Laumb----any of that type of OTC. This is an antihistimine eye drop---it makes a huge difference!!!

Well----hope everyone is feeling better, and that your Mom is improving Terry. Sounds like maybe your sister is a bit jealous of you having fun plans. Maybe you should have told her you needed time to go have a colonoscopy---or something not fun!!

Well I gotta get going....I am procrastinating, because I don't wanna do this!! LOL

See you girls tomorrow!

Kat

Good Morning, Violets..

Had a good long sleep last night. Everything feels a bit better today. Thank goodness for Zicam. I'll be fine by Friday, I'm sure.

Michelle...keep checking those eyeballs. Pink eye is nothing to fool with and as you know is highly contagious. Any sign of it in your children??

I'm off to the hospital to file papers, then to the PMS luncheon and then going to get my hair cut and colored. Wooo hoooo. Can't be too blonde for Texas!!!

TTFN

I just called Laura!!... :)

But all I got was her voice mail... :thumbup:

But her voice was cute!... :thumbup:

But I had to leave a message... :thumbup:

But now she'll know that I was thinking about her this a.m. & I can't wait to meet her! :thumbup:

No, really, I think it's just allergies. No one else has the slightest eye itch or anything. I'll look for those drops, Kat! Thanks!

GOOD MORNING!

Yes, Tracy I recieved a letter and a fedex package with questions.

I need to borrow a video camera.

I actually had a very good night................. Long story short.... I've been trying to track down my OLDEST friend in the world we lost touch long ago due to life crap.. but she was my sister growing up. One that stays in your heart............ I was even her lamas coach for her first born........... anyway...... I started doing searches for her kids on myspace (one 17 one 15) I found her son but he never answered for like a month (their computer was broke down)

Anyway.... he said "mom there is this girl named Tracy on myspace that says she knows you and dad" Tammi was like "What, MY TRACY? Is her birthday xx-xx-1969????" So he logged on to my page and showed her my pics... she started screaming.. "Thats my Tracy! Get back on that thing and do whatever you got to do to get her number!!" LOL

She called but I missed it. So anyway... after I put Robby to bed I went and fixed me a pop and went out on the back deck and called her........... we talked for 1.5 hours.....

Her husband was yelling in the Background....... TRACCCCCCCCCCYYYY! (he is a rough and rowdy, and I've known him for 23 years) Apparently I'm somewhat famous in the house..... I was so uplifted and happy, because the first words out of her mouth were..

"Tracy, I've been clean for 2.5 years!" (this is where our lives separated) Both Roger and I are. We still drink but nothing else.

This did my heart so good.... So anyway, Robby and I are going over to visit tonight while Charles and Cody are at Scouts. I'm so excited.

....then going to get my hair cut and colored. Wooo hoooo. Can't be too blonde for Texas!!!

....right! And your hair can't be too big, either. The bigger the better! LOL
I just called Laura!!... :)

But all I got was her voice mail... :thumbup:

But her voice was cute!... :thumbup:

But I had to leave a message... :thumbup:

But now she'll know that I was thinking about her this a.m. & I can't wait to meet her! :thumbup:

CUTE!!!

....right! And your hair can't be too big, either. The bigger the better! LOL

I take that to heart sometimes! I like to get my curly hair up in a banana clip, (yes! from the 80's!) and tease it and puff it up... my sisters tease me unmercifully...

I was even her lamas coach for her first born...........

They allow lamas in the hospital there????? And you have to coach them????????

(sorry, I couldn't resist!)