Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

"I sometimes astound myself at how many times I do not choose to think or act in a way that supports my highest good. However, I have also noticed that by putting my attention to wanting to live in a way that is loving and respectful to myself and others, I make many more choices that are self-loving than I have in the past. I trust that the number of self-nurturing choices that I make for myself will continue to increase because I have come to realize that keeping my word to myself feels better than eating a cookie or engaging in negative thinking.....""

This did hit home w/me... TY Terry for posting it. Interesting thoughts to ponder... personal evolution & growth... oh yeah... that's a part of all this, too... darn it...

Boy,it sure is a good thing none of the rest of us need to read that quote. Oh wait........................nevermind.

Thanks for sharing, Terry!!

I remember asking a spiritual teacher a long time ago, "But WHY does he act this way...Why do I stay with him??...etc..." And her answer was, "It doesn't matter WHY. It won't help to make you feel better if you understand WHY. All you have to do is know HOW to move forward with your own life and goals."

I bring that up because the quote above naturally begs the question, "Well WHY do I sabotage myself? WHY do I make such bad choices over and over again?" See, that takes a lot of energy to figure out WHY, when it doesn't really serve any purpose! We know HOW to move forward (no crap in the house for ONE!) and our goal is to love ourselves with health, not with food! We know HOW to get there.... let's just honor ourselves enough to make loving choices!

I guess I'm torn on the "why" thing, I think answering why would help stop it. I am like all of you, maybe everyone is just like this, it's hard not to do the 'right' thing with food, even when you talk to yourself about it ahead of time. Or maybe just everyone who loves food.. hehehe.

Had my tooth out this morning, was shocked at how easy it was. Last time I had wisdom teeth cut out, it was miserable. Different doc this time, my dentist sent me to him, a co-worker said he did her wisdom teeth and she was back to work the next day,so I had high hopes. I don't feel ANY pain. The novicain wore off hours ago, and it's a little sore, but if I am not biting down on the gauze, I feel absolutely nothing. I am taking pain meds too, but normally with pain meds I feel the pain I just don't care.

I wish I remembered when they knocked me out, all of us in the room were laughing and talking about this news article I read, then all of a sudden I woke up hah.

Did you guys see, the human remains near my house are making national news?! Nancy Grace, for some random reason, said the other night on her show, she thinks the remains they found here are the wife of the cop that's been in the news (from Chicago). Now, why in the world would she even say that? So now CNN & Fox news are swarming this area. They don't know if it's male, female, nothing. Prolly Billy Bob was drunk and hit his head and died, and for no reason whatsoever except to stir up news, it's now a major story's missing spouse. Silly people.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful friday :smile:)

I'm on my laptop, so I'll be checking posts throughout my naps.. I keep goin in and out of sleep.

And Judy that is a great pic, I see more pics of you I guess, I just realized how much Bobster lost! And my dad said something about the band, and I said "Get you one." and he said "I'm too old now". He's 46!!! He wouldn't listen if I tried to explain how he is not too old..Don't know where I was going with this except you mentioned your age, and I'm doped up lol.

Goooooooooooooood morning, Violets!!

One week from today I'll be at the airport and just 7 hours after that I'll be trying to find my roomie and TracyK. Cute and accent I don't care about. Being able to find me in an airport I care about!!

Whew...I thought I was the only one worried about it. Now I feel better :smile:

Good evening violets...

Jane & Laura-about survivor :smile:....no comment. My mom told me if I did not have anything nice to say, not to say anything. (i am glad someone that dumb did not win)

I am so glad it is Friday. judy I loved the pics and I love the halo too.

Tracy-I submitted my pics and the forms to that lady....thanks! What a sweetheart you are!!

Terri-thanks for all the wise words! Really helps to keep things in perspective!

Have a great evening violets!

Laura, that was too weird about your co worker. That must be so strange to think you know somebody and then that. Sometimes (alot) I think I am messy, then I see or hear something like that, and I know I am clean and have nothing to worry about.

Nooo we had no idea, she's in another department and whenever referring to her, me and DH say 'the dumpy girl' because there's only 2 girls in that department, and she always looks dumpy.. but she doesnt look DIRTY and doesn't smell... and that place was DISGUSTING. I also can't believe the shack she lives in. She just got a brand new car a couple weeks ago she was showing off, I never would have imagined.

Funny doped up and all, I just power cleaned my house lol. No more dishes in the sink or trash in my many mini-trash cans.

Ya know...for the TV News not to show the pics cause they are "too graphic" they must be really BAD. Cause the news shows some pretty horrific stuff...

Yeah I thought that too. Someone at work said, the cops 'found out', because her 16 year old tried to commit suicide, so co-workers sister called the police to check on his well being.. and they saw the mess.

Laura

that is disgusting, it really makes me think... I freak out at a little clutter and things that don't get put away, that is just .... YUCK

ok had 3 chocolate tini's omg are they good, but I am so ready for bed... that and my allergies are out of control..

night all

Laura~ I wanna see the pix. That is really grossly sad. It speaks to her mental state. I would worry about her mental health as to why she let it get like that. That was gross...but I still wanna see the pix.

I liked looking at your news people. It is funny...we all get used to our news people. I can only watch the local ABC channel as the local NBS and CBS look like "fake" news people to me, lol (not sure if that makes sense). I only like Charlie Gibson too for the World News. I like going places and seeing the news...weird I know.

I had 1.5 margies and some nachos for dinner...hello...naughty naughty!

Happy Friday everyone!

Ok, now working with someone like that would freak me out. Her poor kids!! Dr. Phil had a show similar to this recently and although it was really gross, it was interesting to see what makes people like that tick. On the show the lady's life was just kind of spiraling downwards...one thing after another...and it was her way of 'controlling' things. She had 4 refrigerators, 2 freezers, ice chests and her car full of food....most of it rotting. She never threw anything away. If you never throw anything away, there's only one place to put everything! Crazy, man, crazy! Makes me feel so happy to be 'normal'...LOL!!

Laura, did you clean your house because of that story?? That'll motivate you, won't it!? Glad your tooth (or lack thereof) is doing good.

YUCK----one thing about that Laura, is it made me feel less badly about my house today!!!

I intended to get more done, but we planted flowers all day it feels like!

Then I went to town with my DD, she bought me a new purse....for Mother's Day, she said there is no way to pick a purse for someone. She is such a bag snob!!! I like this one, it is good for me, she said it was too "old".....she is wrong!

I also like it because my wallet and all work with it!!!

Tomorrow we are taking the Moms to dinner, to avoid the Sunday crowd, and then going to grill with our kids on Sunday---hoping to get a ride in on Sunday, tomorrow is supposed to be windy.

Laura, I had to laugh at the chicken fried bacon comment----wonder if we can find any??? If your tooth--or lack thereof---can handle it!!!

Eating has been easier today----thank goodness. I am not able to eat a lot at a time, and was still super tight this morning, but food actually tastes decent again!!! Whew!

You'd think I would have lost weight, but nope!!!! I did, but it was back this morning!!! LOL

Oh well......

Well I am still not getting email notifications to any of the threads --- that sucks big time!!!!

I will catch up with y'all tomorrow!

Kat