Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Judy and Michelle~ OMG...I literally laughed out loud on the last few posts! Too funny, both of you. Judy, I want that magic pen to, um...erase some of my flaws...priceless!

Went to an Italian resturaunt tonight. Ready for this...I ordered a small dinner salad and 2 meatballs! Ate 1/2 the sal and COULD NOT FINISH THE MEATBALLS. I don't really like meatballs, but I was hungry and wanted to eat some Protein. Plus, w/ marinara sauce on 'em, they were moist and yummy! Anywho, I cut up the meatballs (2 of 'em) and couldn't eat anymore. I did get 1/2 the sal in...should've waited for the meat. But I am sooo happy. I struggle w/ what I've been eating, to what I can eat now. I took 1/2 c. egg sal, strawberries, and some fresh mango to lunch. Couldn't eat the mango, strawberries were after school. I need to listen to my body. I know you all are "pro's" at this...but this is new to me!

Guess what??? We are going to Phoenix to see Tina Turner in Oct! Susanne is a HUGE fan...and we are taking her mom! The tix are not even on sale yet...thank you Oprah (she had a password for preorder). Anywho..that is cool and should be fun!

OK...nighty nite!

Tracy...I've never had a fried twinkee, but they are A HUGE DEAL here during a big fair we have. They fry everything...snickers, and a bunch of other stuff! I can't do fried foods well...never could, but I know so many people love 'em.

peaceout

Michelle, too funny!! I was thinking that same thing when I saw the picture. Other than that, that is a great picture Judy.

You know one of my customers told me about a Mongolian place here that does that kind of stuff. I think I need to get out more often.

Had my hair colored, but haven't even looked at it. Washed it, and went to Walgreens, and haven't gone in the bathroom to look. I am sure it is fine. I was busy today, and had a really good day, started out with my phone call from Tracy and just kept on going. Must be a good biorhythm day? I haven't thought of those since I was in high school!!

Oh well better get my butt moving and do somethings before bed. I also need to watch Survivor, by the sounds of what Laura said Erik is not having a good day!!

TGIF for everyone but me!!!

Jane

Well girls, we had a busy day too. Got caught in a hailstorm---which is never fun---but we were on the bike!!!! Not too much fun!! Then we went to buy a few flowers to plant the Moms pots we have them....and we went nuts!!! We had plants filling the trunk (and it is huge---I always say I could hide 5 bodies in there!!), the back seat, the floor boards, and I had an 18 pack of pansies on my lap!!! LOL

We come home, and Rick planted our porch flower bed, and a planter box that hangs on the front porch over a wagon wheel---that was actually on his great grandfathers wagon! We have lots to plant tomorrow.

At some point on Saturday we will take the Moms to lunch or dinner. Then we can see them on Sunday without fighting the crowd to go out! Plus I have some time on Sunday with my kids.

I ate today, just not a lot. Could not imagine breakfast! So I drank hot tea. lunch I had some frito pie, and for dinner, I had some blooming onion, and some boneless hot wings. It isn't wanting to digest very dang fast either, I am ready to go to bed, but it feels like I just ate! So I am drinking some Water, trying to flush it through!!

I have not had a minute to look at the form thing y'all are talking about---but if something gets done you need my input let me know!

I am going to go walk sedately on the treadmill for a bit, see if it makes my food move on through! Talk to y'all in the morning.

Kat

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! GIRLS CAN BE SOOOOOO MEAN!!!!! You are so right Laura, Erik should be mad. I wonder if I would be that mean over that much money. I guess the thing that bugs me the most is the girls were all laughing.

Laura & Jane-thanks for spoiling it...I have it recorded:tt2: (I will watch it anyway) I figured something bad would happen to the ice cream scooper!!

Have a great day & TGIF!!!!!:thumbup:

Good Friday Morn, Vi's~~

Cold & rainy here today... but I have visions of warm, sunny vistas while floating down the river in my mind... visions of US NEXT WEEK!!! Can you stand it???

Another busy one here today... make it a great one, gals!

Goooooooooooooood morning, Violets!!

One week from today I'll be at the airport and just 7 hours after that I'll be trying to find my roomie and TracyK. Cute and accent I don't care about. Being able to find me in an airport I care about!!

I'm trying to get an eggbeater down this morning, but it's not working. Going to go get dressed and head to the hospital to do some filing, then to Walmart to pick up the things to make potato salad and macaroni salad for tomorrow's graduation party.

Everyone have a great Friday. Make wise choices and drink, drink, drink!!!

TGIF!!!

It has been Teacher Appreciation Week and every day...treats, goodies, carbs galore! Today is a catered lunch, and I am just hoping there is some tuna or something there. Thank you again for the papaya thing. I made it all week w/ the big fill and only had 2 PB's. That is pretty good.

Have a great day and I'll pop in from work!

Judy, Love you Halo.. Wish I had a shiny one like that. But on the serious side. I loved the pic, all 3 of you look wonderful.

Hey, did I mention that the other day at my doctor's visit that we discovered that I have a sprained foot. Doc says to lay off the walking for a week or 2. (slaps head). But I did get some good news. My A1C was 5.6. I was so happy about that. If I keep that up, they will take me off my meds soon.

Took Diane to see her surgeon yesterday and she was telling him that she needs to start working on losing some weight. He told her that she could lose 10 pounds and gain 15 back. That her best bet would be to join Weight Watchers or some group like that. That people who lose weight in a group have a better chance at losing it and keeping it off. We said we totally agree with him and she told him that I go to WW every week even thoug I have a lap-band. He agreed, He said that you can gain 150 pounds witht the band. If you sit and eat ice cream, which goes right thru the band. It's still the mental issue. And that is what I struggle with. The menal issue of it. Even though I have the band and that I am losing weight, I still have a eating disorder. Diane doesn't need a band, she only needs to lose about 50 to 60 pounds. She's a good eater as appossed(sp?) to me whose eat is out of control.

Have to work this morning and than coming hme to clean the house. We start putting in the fence tomorrow. Yesterday hubby and I went to Home Depot and spent over $900.00 on supplies. Cement, post, storage bin, hardware etc,etc,etc. We ordered 1 & 1/2 tons of landscape rock. Yikes, good thing they deliver.

Everyone have a great day. Hugs to you all and........

Ms Jenn, we missed you.

Yeah, I bet it's hard to be a dieting teacher this week! I appreciated my kids' teachers w/a homebaked, WARM from the oven, blueberry buckle for their lunch on Monday, and Starbucks cards yesterday.

Someone tell me to get to work!!

Morning gals

What a busy week. I have so much to do, and since i'm starting working monday afternoon, I'm slightly freaking out. Mowed the front lawn last night and this am (got too dark and had to stop) and it is not bad enough my allergies are a mess, but i the flowers were falling off my tree and i mowed them up too. I feel like I've been in a smoke filled bar all night My chest is killing me.

Judy and michelle, I was cracking up - but Judy, you guys both look amazing.

I cooked steak on the grill last night, It was so nice to have a real meal... OK i only ate a small pc of steak but it was so tender and I'm still not eating much at all. Made brown rice and green Beans for the rest of the family. I can't wait to be home from work at 3:30 and be able to have a normal life again! How nice.

Funny, cant eat much but I can eat a good steak!

Tonight I'm making scallops and I got clams for dd, she loves those nasty things.LOL

Make it a good one, I'm going to Target to find a top for my bathing suit. I got 3 pr of boy short bottoms but cant find a nice halter tankini top. I have a top i would only wear when alone in my back yard floating around in the pool but you all wouldn't want me to wear that floating down the river.... LOL

HUGS TERRY

what is a buckle? I like blueberries, but I am thinking yummy even though I don't know what it is.

I have been in a real sweet kick this week. Done pretty good, not great, but could be worse. I wonder if I ever got pregnant if I would have bad cravings. I manage pretty good without being pregnant.....

Well off to work, slow day today and tomorrow. I am hoping that tomorrow gets busier.

"Buckle" is like a "crumble" or a "crisp"... basically you take healthful fruit -- in this case, blueberries -- and top them w/a cake mix, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon & butter mixture (the "buckle"), bake, and enjoy!

It's no wonder I'm fat!!

Oh... and I'm really starting to think that I need a fill. Compared to you all, it seems like I can eat a ton. Seriously. Last night I ate a LARGE bowl of steak/shrimp/veggies + 1/2 salad. I'm pretty much making good choices (this week), but can pack in a lot, albeit slowly. Next app't is 5/29... hmmm... will have to consider this...

I love buckle.

I love the coffee cake muffins that have the crumble of brown sugar mix on top... mmmmmmmm

I still can't eat. not loosing but have not gained an ounce and I'm super PMS so I'll take that

off to shop

michelle, i'm the same as you! I read about everyone eating a 1/2 cup of this or 4 oz of that and I'm like "WHOA". I can eat normal amounts, no restriction. I'm also getting a fill at the end of May! Can't wait. It's been awhile since I've eaten like a bandster. I was saying the other day that unfortunately I let my band do all the work. When I have good restriction I'm losing weight. When I don't, I am completely stalled.