Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good morning........ starting day 3! scale is going down.... 186.4 this am!!!!!!! WHOOOHOOOOOOO

Jane: why don't you try throwing yourself on the market???? (the online market) it's fun to flirt....... you don't have to meet anyone til your ready... but emails and phone conversations can be very uplifting.. When we are on our trip I am going to take some good head shots of you and then help you get online.....

OK.. so I need to get going... I'll be back.

WOOHOOO TRACY!!

And WOOHOOO Pam! That's why it's funny when people say "I had a fill, how do I know if I'm restricted?". I get PMs of that sometimes too. It makes me giggle, the best answer is.. when you have restriction, you won't have to ask what it feels like. You know!!! If you question it, you don't have it.

American Idol was such a disappointment last night. Jason Castro was my fav. early on, but I have no liked him for a long time. He's still sexy as hell and my mom keeps saying "But he looks like a girl..". Nah uh, and I love dreds.. even though yes, dreds always stink!!! My brother has dreds.. yuck. He uses petuli oil though, and that stuff makes me nauseated.

What's wrong with my sister, hmm.. I could go on for days. Did I tell ya'll she was in the hospital last week.. she told everyone she cut herself opening a box, with a box cutter (sliced her thumb to the bone). Her girlfriend told us the truth.. my sister was cheating on her, so she found out and they had a huge blow out (I swear, I have no idea why her gf sticks around, it HAS to be for the money)..and my sister cut herself all over her hand, and went too deep. She's a cutter, though it's been a long time since we've noticed her doing it.

And the hooka, when the article came out in the paper last night, I realized why she sits down there. It's not just flavored tobacco (that's what she always told me).. it's that drug that's in the news lately.. Sania or something? It's a legal psychadelic, they are trying to ban it across the country right now, so that's why the sex shop was in the news.

Lastly, I agree Jane, try the online dating stuff. If nothing else, it will boost your confidence. A couple co-workers of mine have been doing e-harmony.. they gave me their log-in so I can 'scope' out their candidates.. it's fun.

Why does online dating scare me!!

I feel better this morning, just had a clash with my mom last night,and that just started it for me. I would swear I am pms but I just stopped.

Susie how is the pool coming?? The rain they said we would get yesterday was non existant, so I hope that held true for you also.

Well I am going to try to get motivated and go to the beauty supply house.

Thanks for listening/reading my droning on and on about my love life.

Jane

LOL, Laura, I don't want Jason to talk at all (you just sit there and look pretty)..I can't stand stupid men.

Janie~ I second Tracy and Laura. I met Susanne online (but I won't mention which site) and am sooo blessed to have her. Before her, I met some wonderful men online whom I dated before her. You do some screening of course. The man I was dating when I met her was a wealthy Italian business man, he was sexy, funny, loved to cook real Italian food and drink great wine in his jacuzzi, hot in the sack...great guy. He was in Italy when I decided to "give it a go w/ a woman"...and you all know how that story ends. We'd all be happy to help. Also, instead of doing all that medical testing stuff w/ the nose, etc...get an unfil. My gosh, the cost and inconvienence (sp) alone...geeez.

BBL

Three doctors and one nurse all agreed it didn't sound like the band. So they didn't want to do that. I was never completely unfilled, but they did take some out when I started having problems. Still had the problems, that is why they don't think it is the band. We will see.....

Jane, when we are in TX.. some of us will have laptops. Maybe we'll accidentally sign you up for something :)

You'll see, it's actually really fun. If I was single, I would totally do this stuff. E-harmony for example matches your interests/picks/info with other people, and then sends you messages that they found people who fit you.. then you get to browse the pics (fun!!). And then read their profiles, and sometimes you just gotta laugh at people.

Good afternoon, Violets..

Just sitting here waiting for Ethan to arrive for the afternoon. I'm all dressed up for the ceremony tonight so I don't have to take time to get dressed while Ethan is here.

It's a dark, dreary, rainy day today. The lawn is certainly going to need to be mowed soon with all this rain.

I haven't had a chance to watch the Tuesday idol program cause I have rehearsal that night, but I'm hoping David Cook wins. It's about time for a rocker to get it.

I'm also into Dancing with the stars and surprised, but ok with the outcome last night.

Pamela... wealthy, sexy,wealthy, funny, wealthy Italian guy?? :) psssssssssssssssssst....gimme his number! Just don't tell the Bobster, I doubt he'd understand.

Jane.. there's somebody out there for ya. And I LOVE chatting on the internet. I've made some great friends and not only on this site. There's a whole nuther world out there for shy people like me. When I was heavy it was a great place to just be me and not have to worry about what people thought of the outside me.

Michelle.. I'm getting in the same routine as you are. Great hopes in the am and by bedtime I'm grazed out and keep saying tomorrow I'm gonna be good. I'm exercising so the weight is staying the same, but I know it should be dropping and that's frustrating. Nope.. not easy for sure. But without the band I wouldn't be grazing, I'd be chowing down with a vengance!

Ethan should be here soon so I better start thinking about lunch. Catch ya later!

Judy...you forgot "hot in the sack"...you crack me up! Can't wait to meet you!

Judy...you forgot "hot in the sack"...you crack me up! Can't wait to meet you!

Trust me, I would not forget that!!! I mean... ummmmmmmm.. now Pam, you know a minister's wife would NEVAH dream....errrrrrrr mention that!!

Jane: I did e-harmony, match.com, and yahoo personals.......

First I set up a bogus email... (something from hotmail, yahoo..... LizHDryder) or some crap....

First you just message back and forth within the given system.. then you can give your email for messages outside the system.. then you can progress to PHONE conversations.. (i.e. CELL phone so that they can google your address) then if and when you feel ready, you can meet them for dinner, pool, whatever.. public place, and your own car... and if you don't hit it off well there is no harm done and it is pretty anonymous.

I dated a lawyer off e-harmony.. and I REALLY REALLY wanted to have a spark but there was NONE.. he was nice, I was nice but no sparks and we even gave it 3 dinner meetings!!!!

One guy was a computer guy from a big local company and he was fun... I would meet him on his pool league nights.... I'm not shy so I just sat at the table with the rest of the team and drank, ate, and had a fun group time.......

and lastly Charles....... I met him from Yahoo personals...... I had a pic of me on my bike and he messaged me asking me WHERE I'D BEEN ALL HIS LIFE??? (he made me laugh and even though he didn't post a pic I emailed him my email address, cause I had just logged on to close out my yahoo account) and now we are married........

It gets you out of your circle....... and comfort zone....... and it can be quite freeing!

We are going to have Laura HOOTCH YOU UP, Take some pics and then we are going to set you up a profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO! this could be a very FUN Violet Agenda Item!

Didn't TracyK say she met Frank on line too? Maybe I was dreaming! I think it makes perfect sense---the emotional boost of chatting with and flirting with someone, anonymously---allows you to re gain your confidence step by step. I realize it does not put someone there with you right now.

I had decided I was spending my life alone after my disasterous second marriage. I no longer trusted my judgement, I didn't trust men, I was fat....so I give up, I sat at home and ate!!! I was an awesome Mom though! We had parties for the girls here all the time! I cooked them great food, I taught them how to cook, I let them do craft projects, and make blankets, showed them how to use the sewing machine---I had a blast. And a house full of kids for companions! Becky and I spoke everyday, but she had 2 boys, and was supporting the family, Gary had just gotten hurt----so I had no one, but kids, and my folks. It was a self imposed exile though. I had friends, who were single---but when we went anywhere, we did things like go to Albq. spend the weekend and take the kids to the zoo and amusement park. I did not date, I did not go to places I might meet men. I knew in my heart the "one I had truly loved", I had let go----it was done, I had no intentions of ever being part of a couple again.

Until that "one" called again!!! He was safe, I already loved him, had never stopped, and I have never looked back, only in horror at what could have been!

Point being--when you quit looking......LOOKOUT!!!!!

If I were to be single ever------I would go online without a question one!!!

My only real issue with online dating is, there are people out there like Rick who type like absolute idiots when they are not!!!

He hunt & peck types, is horrible with punctuation. He writes so much better, he does not use the computer in a typing manner often, and it shows. I think I would have shrugged him off as illiterate or something, when he is far from it! So seeing through the layers would be hard---talking to him would have helped!!

Well, I am doind laundry today, and packing away what I am taking, as well as packing a bag for surgery. What goes in them I will just have to do without the next week or so! I have stuff out to make some spaghetti for dinner, as well as making a lasagna this afternoon to put into the freezer. I am going to try to do that each day this week, put something in the freezer, ready to thaw & serve or cook & serve---but you get the idea!

Actually the rest of this week I will likely not get anything accomplished, Rick is off this evening through Monday, so life will be chaotic to say the least! Next week I will cook extra too! Trying to get some sort of organization going---not happening so much!!

Still having eating issues. Jenn I tried everything, nothing but the Zyrtec, helps if the hives start---or with the eye itching. Pantnol drops help, but they make even Water taste bad! So I don't know what to do, but this is getting old. And this morning, it feels like my tea is not going down well, like it may be actually affecting my band and my digestion.

I forced myself to eat a piece of sausage, but I could not get the eggs down, I would begin to chew, and the taste or the texture, would force me to spit them out before I gagged, making me throw up, which I am trying to avoid doing of course. Since then, I have been sipping tea----and it and the sausage feel like they are just sitting, not moving through at all.

It is lunch time, I need to get Kinsey something to eat, and to try something myself. The thought is almost more than I can handle. I am apparently getting enough in, I am not weak, and my weight is stable. Might just let it go for a day or so, and see how it goes.

Well off to find food for the girl!

Kat

Yep, I did the online dating thing, too! I met 3 guys that I dated for quite awhile. One just turned out to be friends.... we started out "dating" but decided we made better friends than lovers. 10 yrs later i know i could call him if i was in any kind of trouble and he'd be here in a heartbeat. one other one was really a good guy, smart, funny as hell, thought I was the greatest thing ever...but i wasn't ready at the time. Another one i ended up being with for 3+ years....he ended up being quite the psycho but it took me a long time to figure it out. All in all, I recommend online dating! It's cool, but you gotta have a tough hide and a keen sense of judgement.

you guys are funny, I thought about online dating but my friends are so wacked out that they look for people they know and make fun, I know this because they have called me and tod me to check out so and so....

I know i should not care but I do.

well off to do a project

Oh and did I mention

ChickenGlenn

pancake John

Real EstateASS

Woodchucktim

cover your eyes Judy...

LongdongPaul

Ohmmmmmmmy :cursing:

all nicknames that I gave the guys I connected with... LOL

Personal computers weren't even invented back when I was dating... sounds like I missed all the fun!

I need Laura to "hootch" me up, too. I'm such a boring old PTA Mom fuddy-duddy. Bleh.

Oh yea, I'm in a crankity mood.

I'm just tired of doing EVERYTHING... every. thing.

Have I mentioned that I can't wait to let loose w/ya'll???!!!