Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

ahhhhh, I remember why I should not work nights anymore. I did 5 this week, and I'm just completely exhausted. It has taken me 4 hrs to take a shower and get dressed, and my hair is still soaking wet.

So I put on my "real" Levi's this am and they are snug, they did go through the dryer for an hour but I put on my Levi Signature from Walmart yesterday that came out of the same dryer, and they just fit that much different. funny, and the signature's are only $20! they are already going back into shape so that is ok, but still a downer....LOL

ds makes the funniest noise with his mouth he is just running around making noise this morning, noise, and yelling and chasing the poor kittens... OK is it ever going to stop raining so we can go play back outside????

I am going to a different walmart to see if they have my bathingsuit in my size tomorrow when i get my support. I'm going to have to order online and ship to store if they don't, nothing like cutting it close?

Uh oh......Jane and I both unfilled, and sharing a room? Can anyone say T*R*O*U*B*L*E????????

I fixed beef tips for dinner last night, made them like a stroganoff---was kind of bland, but my stomach needed bland! Rick took a bunch to work. They have a new guy who has no $$$, and was looking forward to his paycheck -- the first-- yesterday, and it did not come. Corporate takes those extra days sometimes, it happened to us with his disability. So he loaned the guy a little cash, and they sent Chana-the secretary to the store, with a collection of cash, and she bought some food for the family, and a fuel card. But Rick took all our leftovers, is going to offer them to everyone, but that way he knows Eddie will eat too.

When our disability was delayed, we had some savings to fall on, but we are also twice this kids age! He has a wife and a 3 year old.

I remember when I was a kid, my Dad went by one of his employees houses to do something, and found them eating spaghetti noodles with ketchup. He come home and could not eat dinner, for thinking about them. So he and Mom got together some groceries, and took over. It made an impression.

For years there was a man who lived in a little apartment a couple of blocks away, who did without. My Mom was the director of the local Senior Citizens Center---and he would ask her help occasionally filling out a voucher to get help with his utilities. When she went through his papers to do that, she found he had a total of $28.00 left over each month to buy food and that was only if his heat bill was reasonable. So we started buying little things at the store for him. When they would have a Buy One Get One Free item, we would always put the free one aside for Ted. When he was gone down to the Senior Center each day for lunch---often the only time he ate....I would sneak over and put out the bag of food. The first time, he told my Mom, he had an angel, and described every single thing in the package! Then he found a dog---and was crying how he could never keep it, but what wondrous company it was. He finally decided to try to keep the dog, but the dog would not let me in the gate to drop off food. So Mom claimed it was left there at the center with his name on it. Other seniors got in on the act, and bags of dog food showed up and gift cards to eat out. Many days he was reduced to tears. But if ever you had something to do...move or whatever, Ted was there, sweeping up if nothing else, he was always willing to help. Such a nice guy. He was injured in Korea, and forced to take an early medical retirement from the service.

The senior citizens van driver reported one morning he was not ready for pick up, so had a civil standby, and found him dead in his kitchen, with a slice of cheese half opened, so we figure whatever, it was fast, without warning. It felt so good to do something for someone without them knowing. I think I need to find someone to do that kind of thing for again--help with MY frame of mind. Might look into that....seriously.

Kat

Hey V's, Happy FRIDAY!!

Had some weird stuff going on at work today. Now I'm in the back, I miss all the fun stuff (boo), so I had to hear them re-tell the story.

Employee office entrance is on one side of the building, where most offices are.. then there's a lobby entrance for customers. A lady walked in the employee entrance, and as soon as you walk in is a desk kiosk thing, where the CSR assistant works, doing faxes, copying, etc. This lady with a durag and sweatpants, bangs on the desk. Tells her, she's in advertising and needs the CSR assistant to walk her to the front desk. So she does, the lady grabs her arm and tells her she needs to call her ride for her, she needs to get to (some road down the street). Then CSR girl hands her the phone, and she refuses to call herself. So CSR calls.. then the lady says, "I need you to take me to (road) by 10!". Starts demanding she do it. Owner comes out, and is like what the hell is going on, the lady tells her, she is going to advertise for us. She grabs a handful of business cards and our free stuff.. notepads, folders, etc. Boss lady says "What are you going to advertise?" and the lady looks up at our logo on the wall and goes "PRINTING!!!!". LOL. I asked, did you tell her.. "Please don't". heh. So they finally kick the lady out and she goes "Well I'm keeping this stuff", and they didn't take it back from her, so now she's gonna be a nut at other companies with our info.. lovely. Can't wait to get those phone calls. Then when she leaves, her ride was in the parking lot the whole time. So we're trying to figure out what she was trying to do, or if she was really just a nut job. She did leave a business card of some wedding photographer she doesn't know, but does 'bad work' with the CSR assitant.. for some reason.

Laura

I would love to be a fly on the wall there one day!

Morning V's~

Another day...1/2 a dollar. It is just beautiful here. 68 now (watching the news on prep) and will be 90 as our high today. Skies are blue...I love it!

Kat~ ZZ and Brooks and Dunn!!! Fun Fun Fun! I don't know the other fella you mentioned. I've seen B&D and they rocked. Would love ZZ.

Laura~ Funny story. There are some real crazies in the world (present company INCLUDED:tt2::thumbup::tt2:).

Well, the fill is good, but it doesn't last. I've always had this w/ fills. I get full quick (1/4 c. cottage cheese and 1/2 small avocado for breaky) and then 2 hours later...ready for more. I didn't drink anything on purpose. Now I am working on a water bottle. Oh well, as long as the calories in are 12-1400, I should be good.

Gotta run to a meeting.

BBL

xoxoxo

Good afternoon, Violets!!

Just got back from an extra shift at the hospital. Next week is nursing week so they have lots of extra things that needed to get done. I'm home now with Ethan and will be here til his daddy picks him up and we leave for our church meeting.

Had an NSV at the hospital today. The volunteer at the registration desk where I sign in and out was on the phone when I signed in. When I was leaving she said.. "I couldn't talk to you when you came in, but I want to know what's happened to you. You've lost a lot of weight!" That made my day!! Of course I told her about the lapband. Everyone just gives me a stunned look when I say I've had lapband surgery.

I'm so glad to hear you talking about those little guys who are behind in their speech. Ethan is that way. He'll be 2 June 2nd and only says a few words. He's smart, but really delayed in speech. Hopefully mom and dad will get him tested after he turns 2 to see if he needs some speech therapy or if he's fine and is just delayed a bit.

Time to go read the foot book to him for the gazillionth time! Left foot, left foot, right foot, right...............and on and on and on and on..............

Please pray for my niece Ashley.

She is due with her first baby in Sept. (its a girl). She had an ultrasound and the dr just told her that the baby has a tumor on her brain. Ashley is going to a GOOD dr in Houston on Monday. Please pray that the quack misdiagnosed her!!! I am SICK about this!!!

Will do Tracy----hoping it is just a mistake of the US tech...... I have a cousin who called earlier, she had tried for years.....to have a baby, finally had a little girl, she is about Kinsey's age...cousin is late 30's now. She was diagnosed with MS not long after her DD was born. She has been trying for another baby---just miscarried for the 5th time! 3 before Quinn (her little girl), 2 after. I am afraid the pregnancy and advanced age during pregnancy would aggravate the MS---but it is not my choice so I just sympathized and listened. She lived with me when she was going to school here....it allowed us to become quite close, despite being several years apart.

OMG my granddaughter is a Princess, tiara, high heels, tutu --everything. You'd think with all that frou-frou, someone would have brushed her wild hair!!!!

Talk to ya later!!!

Kat

Judy - I say tell them to go for it! It is funny when they presented it to me when he was 18 months I cried, freaked thought there was something wrong...

finding out... nope just a boy and different that my dd

At his review yesterday, it was so nice to see and hear how much progress he has made and how he actually tries new sounds where last year at this time he was afraid, shy or imtimidated to even try. So it helped him in so many other areas being a say at home kid, which I would not change for the world either. Yes he goes to the sitter, but she is my best friends mom who practically raised me for the last 25 years and there is never more than 3 kids total there, so he is slightly spoiled and the favorite.

Anyway, just had 1 1/2 chicken tenders for lunch (split lunch with ds) and i'm so full i want to die, thanksgiving dinner full, so i think i'm going to take a little nap

OMG my granddaughter is a Princess, tiara, high heels, tutu --everything. You'd think with all that frou-frou, someone would have brushed her wild hair!!!!

LMAO!!!!! That is so funny, but so little girl.

Talk to ya later!!!

Kat

Tracyk - i hope it was an error, how horrible- she will be in my prayers

Hi Vi's-

Congratulations, Michelle! Let me know if there's something you have in mind that you'd like me to make....or if you want me to just wing it.

Jenn - I'm really excited for you with this new job. Will your office always be in the same place or is it mobile? You're gonna have a blast with all those guys!

I'm not feeling well today but just wanted to pop in to say HI! and tell Michelle congrats! I'll catch ya'll later.

Whew! What a day! Those little kids are energetic! And speaking of speech... one of them doesn't talk. period. & I guess everyone is ok w/that. Seemed a bit odd... at age 6?

Terri... surprise me!! Please!! You are so creative... I like hearts and prefer silver to gold... I like greens/blues/purples... I am so honored to be getting ANOTHER Terridoodle original!! I guess we know what it takes to motivate me now, huh??? :thumbup:

I'm giddy!

Michelle, you saying you are getting another Terry original, made me think----you know those pictures you see of sports teams with all their hands joined......we need one of us all with our WWJD bracelets while we are there----so everyone remember to pack yours!!!!

Kat

It is always going to be in one place, but i'm sure I am going to have so much fun.

I was just looking to change my flight to an earlier flight on the 15th, not for $200.... shoot that is spending money at this point. I can't believe hat a difference in prices there is in 6 weeks, glad I booked when I did. The option i paid $402 for is now up to $623 and that is the best deal. I don't have anyone sitting with me either and i'min the isle so they would be on the inside anyway.

Well, i'm off to the agency... so i can get paid for my 3 hrs