Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

See how this formats, this is what I have so far, and I'll edit this post when I get the rest of the info. I think Michelle is going to be a tough one to beat!!!

V’s Weight Loss

Name ---Start 3/26/08 ------------Finish 5/1/08-------- %

TracyK --182 --------------SMOKE FREE!!

Terry --181.6 -------------------????-----------------??

TracyinKS --189.4 ------------187--------------- 1.2%

Jennifur-- 208----------------- 202 ----------------2.8%

Haydee --233------------------ Still fantastic!

Judy --170--------------------- INCHES!!

Bobster --246 ----------------INCHES (Probably!!)

Michelle-- 244.6 ------------235.2----------- 3.8%

Laura-- 233.8-------------- 228.4------------ 1.9%

Kity --254 ------------------SMOKE FREE!!

Kat-- ???? ------------------185--------??

Jane-- ????? ----------------243--------??

Oh, my tummy hurts today some reason. And I'm excited about the Kentucky Derby. And I'm going to Iron Man on Friday with DH. (Yep, just throwing in other stuff for the heck of it!)

Laura - yes I know how many calories are in them. That's why I made that sarcastic remark about not knowing why my weight stays the same meanwhile eating sugary pop tarts every morning, LOL. I thought ya'll would get it!!

awww shoot, then I did lose! I'm at 229 right now!! I thought I hadn't lost anything! Yay me!

Happy May Day.

Got up and went to our monthly family Breakfast and a cousin serenaded us with a May Day song and she had a May Day basket for her Mom. It was so nice. We had a great time. From there we went to Ace Hardware and I bought my Tomato plants. Gonna give it a try this year. Bought a few flowers to get potted.

Hubby drove there and I told him I would drive home. Funny thing. I got in and took off and didn't realize that I hadn't moved the chair back. Hubby and I are both the same height but with my extra padding around the middle and back, I always have to move the seat back. Well, no more. It was so cool to realize that. I guess that's my latest NSV.

Hope you all have a great day.

Laura.....I cannot say what my beginning weight was---I put it in a post....back then, but I DO know I am not losing tons, I would imagine it was about the same as what I am now, what my ticker shows.....no drastic drops here, I KNOW I have not lost more than others, so it is not a big deal. It was not me that forwarded the weights to you---so I have no idea!!!! Don't stress over mine.....I did not win.....:cool2:

I have dinner in the crockpot---one of my "mean" things to do today. I figured with the bike coming in late, someone would mention going out to eat....NOT in the mood, so dinner is done! Sounds so petty to admit it! LOL~~

Haydee, the island is beautiful, I love the unique design of the legs, on it, as well as your table. My Mom and Dad have a dining table that is inlaid wood across the top, and the legs---rather than being set under the edge of the table come up in corner pieces, and the top of them is part of the table. That is not explained very well----but they are very different, and I love it!!!

Ours is oak----house being small and bordering public land, quite dusty so we went with light wood! Anyway it has rolling, padded chairs---it is not gorgeous, but it is functional to us, and we have really enjoyed it a lot!

When we make our next move.....I will change again I think---and go middle of the road!! Maybe some sort of pine.....LOL!

DIL just called, wanting to come and "hang out". I was not MEAN!!!! I told her that was fine, they were always welcome, I would be leaving about 2:30. That way I can go get Rick's check put in the bank, and not feel forced to sit and make conversation with her in the mood I am in right now! Bike should be here anytime.

He bought a classic chopper....over 9 feet long, so it had to have special transport---and they live out of town, so that is why it is coming here. Wish it would just show up, so I could up and leave!

Talked to the dentists office, and if there is time, they are going to see about putting the sealant on Kinseys last 2 molars. She loves going to the dentist!!! Of course they have never done anything remotely painful to her----looked at her teeth, and showed her how to brush them, and applied sealant!!! She does think she is hot stuff afterwards though, smiling a big toothy smile at everyone!!! LOL

Well I am rambling.....this day has me really bummed out. I know I am getting flowers later though--maybe that will help! Rick always buys me May Day flowers.....I kinda like him, maybe he can stick around!

Kat

Hi ya'll!

I'm finally done with the board meeting and can have a normal (?) life again.

My weight this morning was 180.6. I think that is a 1# drop. That seems to be my monthly average now. 1#/month! 'Tis better than gaining.

Kat, I sure hope i never make you mad.

Haydee - re your furniture.... I am not a huge fan of matching woods and/or styles. I think a mixture is best, otherwise it's too boring.

You'd love my house then Terry, and it drives me nuts!!

We buy furniture as we can afford it, so 3 years ago all I could afford was discount stuff from Oak Express.. bright pale oak-a dining table & chairs, 3 bookshelves.. then I took 2 bookshelves from my parents they were throwing out, a red tinted oak. Then our entertainment center is black wood. Then our guest bedroom (old bedroom set) and the dresser/nightstand in our bedroom is this birch wood. I can't stand it, if I was rich I would buy all new furniture, or at the very least stain the pale oak to be black & match the entertainment center. Oh and our cabinets throughout the house are mahogany. Blah blah blah.

Went to dermatologist since I decided against the scary drug. She gave me a new cleanser (old one isn't doing anything), and then said there's been some research that shows using liquid Maalox, putting it on the affected area at bedtime & washing it off the next morning has been curing it, 'they' are researching to figure out why. So she's 'excited' to see if it helps me, I'm a guinea pig. Meanwhile, she doesn't want to prescribe antibiotics yet.. Oy vey. I guess some people get sick from antibiotics, but I'm not one of those people, they don't affect me and if we were gonna do scary drug, why can't we skip to antibiotics now.

See, what I wanna know is who was the first one to figure out that rubbing Maalox on it would help??? And WHY did they rub Maalox on it to begin with???

Same for the person who decided to squeeze a cow's udder and decide to drink what came out.....

Doctors are more and more conservative about prescribing antibiotics these days. This MSRA bug is exactly why. Docs were writing scrips before you could blink and now we are suffering the consequences.

Same for the person who decided to squeeze a cow's udder and decide to drink what came out.....

Thank God for the person who decided to add chocolate to it!!

Yep, just lke I thought...exact same weight. I thought I started at 182...gotten back down to 177 shot back up to 183.5 and now I am at 182. That is fine...I am GREAT! (I have to keep telling myself that) :tongue:

Congrats to whoever wins!! I feel like we are all winners. I have won just by knowing all of you!:cool2:

I am gonna go read some of my book. Have a great night violets!

Pam-glad you made it through the quake OK! Sorry about the fire:frown:

Terry-------under normal circumstances, this thing with my DIL would have blown over like nothing, and nothing would have been said. But they have been insinuating themselves into her private life, and judging her------when neither she nor my son has room to do that. If she was well, and feeling her usual spirited self, I would back off, and let them be siblings. BUT....she is not well, she is not feeling good, and they needed to leave her alone all along, let her live her life. So I was unhappy with them to start with. I was massively stressed, and then my DIL wants to whine that I was Mean......as Pamela would say-----that was my "last nerve" and she jumped up and down on it!!! I do not normally act like that, nor act like that without justification------I am a normally nonconfrontational person!!

But yeah, I may stay like this, so y'all be careful, and don't nobody push my buttons!!! LOL!!!!! I will be meek and mild, I promise!!!

OK-----I have good news! Manda saw the gyno today, and the mass is cyst formation, not tumor formation!!!! Her CA125 is normal! No cancer! The RA test looked to be positive he said....which is not wonderful, but it is something we can deal with, if forced to.

He said she is a mess female wise, and reproductively. He told her if she could get a cardio clearance he would suggest she work to have another child within 2 years----because in no more than 4 maybe 5 years she is looking at a total hysterectomy, before she ends up in my shoes. She had to use clomid to have Kinsey--a fertility drug. So he said if she wanted, they would work on that after getting a cardio clearance.

As I type she is once again at her PCP's trying to get an echocardiogram scheduled so she can see a cardiologist specializing in the dilation of the ascending aorta. He said he hears no leaks today--that is good!!!

So I am breathing a bit easier. No cancer. The RA saddens me, but hopefully hers will not be any worse through the years than mine. Now we work solely on getting cardiac clearance, find out what is going on there.....one step behind us, another biggie to go---but all in all wonderful news on the ovary issue.

OK---gotta go cook some noodles. Will check back with everyone----just wanted to let you know the newest with Manda!

Thanks for all the support!!!

Kat

Hey Violets~

I got my fill!!! I was @ 1.2 and now I am 2.4!!! WOWSER! I am so glad I got it. I was sitting in the waiting room and my principal called and told me I had a meeting w/ a parent!!! I was smokin pissed...I told him I was NOT informed of it and was at the doctor. Since the waiting room was packed, I told them I'd be back and went back to work for the meeting (literally about 5 blocks from work). Anyway, after the meeting, I went back and the waiting room was empty, so that was good.

Anyway, we are going to the street fair, and I'll be having Soup (yuckyuckyuck).

Have a great night!!! Who won, and what did they win???

Michelle Wins!!!

And I was bad bad bad tonight! I was eating homemade choco chip Cookies, my gma brings them to my parents when we watch survivor. It started with one, then 2 more.. then 2 more.. and I lost count at some point, but went back in there several times. I don't know what happened, if I was just thrilled something would go down without a problem or the yummy goodness of them?! Bah. Good thing I didn't eat much today.. had some asparagus for dinner, and went to doctor for lunch.. so ate my calorie quota (or more?!) in cookies.