Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good morning, Violets..

I'm up early cause we are taking the Aztek in to get a trailer hitch put on at 8 a.m. Then we'll be able to haul the boat. Can't wait to get the boat out on the Water and see how it does.

I'm eating cottage cheese and FRESH blueberries. Walmart had some yesterday afternoon and they were not horribly priced, so I'm enjoying my favorite Breakfast again. Not going down easy, but going down.

I couldn't get to sleep last night for some reason, so I know it's going to be naptime today before choir and german class.

DD gets pinned one week from today!! She's decided she doesn't want to be a nurse, she wants to make cakes like Duff on food Network. arghhhhhhhhhh KIDS!!! Course she will work part time until she gets pregnant, and luckily with DSIL's income she doesn't have to work. At least she knows she doesn't want to go to school anymore, but still has a skill to fall back on if it's ever needed. She's worked hard and done well, so I'm really proud of her. But cakes??? what a hoot!! The girl watches too much TV.

Pretty darn cold here this morning. The furnace just kicked on. It's 30 degrees out there. I gotta go let the garage dog out and then get ready to take the car in.

Everyone have a great day. Make wise choices and drink, drink, drink!

Morning gals

Another day, feeling a little bloated, no more margaritas for me (I only had 1 but can feel it bloat wise) I'll stick to my crystal light.

Woke up feeling a little better about life and me.

Terry - Where were you to kick my ass the other day. I was having one of my pitty party days where I was just disappointed in me and that I was not quite where I wanted to be. I actually am going to bring my bathing suit for tubin' that I wear to Water aerobics and was not really worried about what to wear, just disappointed in me, which as you all remember from my mental days, means i think i disappointed everyone else

Well, going to drink my coffee, it is freezing here, I even turned the heat on. It was only 30 outside and 50 inside this am. Going to get my nails done today, which works out, I can get them done again the morning of our trip. Made my hair appt for Monday, which may be a little soon but... can't go anylonger, it is bad, been almost 5 weeks, and my hair grows so quick i need to go every 3. I look like a skunk

hope you all make it a good one

KAT ... It has to get better HUGS

Jenn.. I was telling the Bobster about the feelings some had about their weight loss and he said it so right.. We are all works in progress!!

Some of us are farther along on the journey than others, but we are all here for each other and NOBODY disappoints anybody!! Certainly not that I am aware. So hold your head high and be a proud Violet. I'm proud of YOU and everyone on this thread. Look how far we've come!!!

(do I need to bring my cheerleading outfit along on the trip??, cause you KNOW I will!!)

Judy - I do feel better, and since my sundress is a 14, even better, but I would love to see you in that cheerleading outfit...:smile2:

I do have to say, I am a work in progress, this month has been very emotional and I think a lot of my insecurities come out from all the soul searching for my baniversary, but on the up side, I also realized what I need to do and what i need to eat. 6 months ago my dr wanted me to add crazy stuff to my diet to lower my chlosterol even more, i was now just borderline, and that was what messed me up - so i'm back to post surgery to get back on track.

Overall in the last year, I have come a long way, not just weight wise, but my mental state too. I would never go out and hold my head high. The other night when I went out, people were actually able to squeeze by me and I didn't have to move to get out of their way... now that is an NSV if I do say so myself?

Hey Ho Violets~

Our beautiful mountain is on fire:frown::smile2:. I hate that. Palm Springs is a valley and we are surrounded by mountains. our main big beautiful one, which I live about 3-4 miles from the base (pretty close) is on fire.

Kat~ One thing I know from all my medical stuff w/ mom AND grandpa is that you have to be your own advocate! Tell Manda, or you yourself, keep notes w/ dates, doctors, procedures, etc. Speak up when needed. My mom was MISDIAGNOSED for 4 months...by then her cancer was stage 4! ((HUGS))

Jenn~ There is a great deal of research on depression after WLS. Especailly if you were "so inclined" before, or struggled w/ bouts in the past. You've done great w/ the weight loss, but perhaps you need to "see" someone to deal w/ some of the issues that WLS didn't fix. ((HUGS)) to you too!

I wanna see Judy in her cheerleading outfit!

Gotta run!

xoxoxoox

Pam, I think I know the mountain you are talking about. Our hotel in PS was right at the base of that mountain. We arrived in PS after dark and the next morning when we woke up there was a huge rock outside of our window!!! Is that the one? :smile2:

i'm out, going to get my anti naseau meds for our trip

Pam - I honestly don't have time for that starting a new job, i love my head dr but she is only there in the morning and I can't start over, she got me so far so to have to go back might kill me.

I'm ok, really.... I just have family stuff going on with the step family and worked all weekend and then came home after scrubbing floors like cinderella to a messy house and I have not really eaten since last wed. And lets add soul searching on top of all that. Just not a good combo.

I need out of the pizza shop and I can't do it until i have more details of my new job. I have a meeting tomorrow, which i'm nervous about because it is my first one so hopefully i'll have a better understanding of what and when then.

So my meeting is on waste Water and in a room with all the top guys from each place. YIKES, i'll be fine and after the first one they will be easy,

If it will help ... I will stand in my granny panties and too big bra and jump up and down to show you what cool tricks my body does!!!!! LOL

I have no shame........ and I am not self conscience.......... and I am floppy and proud! :smile2:

Laura if I email you the pic of me and robby can you fix the dang red eye fix (it made one eye really black) I would like to update my siggy with the cropped down version of my face.. (when you get time)

I have to finish my payroll... oh............... and I have to tell you a story

Yeah... So I'm a hardass......

So… Cody came back from camping on Sunday and before bed started coughing and wanting sympathy….. Charles and I told him to suck it up and get some rest.

Monday (Cody knew I had the day off with Robby and the Zoo) so when he called when school was out to cough in the phone and ask if I could come pick him up from school……… I ignored it and made him walk home thinking that the walk would be good exercise.

Tuesday morning Charles and Cody got into it about him going to school……….. Told him to suck it up he was fine and a little cough wasn’t reason enough to stay home……. Gave him some Dayquil and sent him on the way.

At school he went to the Nurse AGAIN and she told him he was fine……. Cody cried and called Charles.. who called me and got mad when I didn’t jump to take him to the doc… (cause I was doing payroll and I had missed Monday so I needed to get it done) plus I was THINKING.. HE IS FAKING! He is a big wimp! He has a few more weeks of school….. SUCK IT UP.

So I told Charles that he would need to take him to the walk in clinic because it was already 3:30 p.m. and the reg doc would be pretty much done for the day…… and that I couldn’t because Robby had Kindergarten round up at 5:00 p.m….

So Charles got mad and hung up on me…..

I took my time getting home because I didn’t feel like a fight and Charles calls me to say that Cody has phnuemonia and the doc at the clinic wants him admitted to the hospital! He wants me to come right up………….. ( I say no, I have Kindergarten Round up I will be there after that……… told him the way the hospital is they would still be in the waiting room) He got mad and hung up on me again…………. So we go do our thing and I KNOW I’m going to get guilted………..

So we get done with the round up and head to the hospital………. They say we can’t go back in because the rule is 1 person and dad is back there so I’m not needed…………GREAT……… but we end up going back anyway and find out that HE DOES NOT HAVE PNUEMONIA, he does have bronchitis……. They gave us an inhaler, steroids, and a refill for the inhaler and send us home………… When Cody and I were alone he looked at me and said very loud…

I TOLD YOU PEOPLE I WAS NOT FAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (apparently the Nurse told him he was faking it too) LOL

I said well maybe if you didn’t cry wolf so much we would of believed you.

This morning I took his inhaler into the nurse and he is in school.

Josh is going to have eye surgery on both eyes May 30th………………… GOOD THING I HAVE GREAT INSURANCE!

Hey Denise

I see you... how are the girls, they must be getting so close... and how about the house????

Tracyks- I'm sorry he is really sick but I probably would have done the exact same thing... Drama queen is mentioned a lot here lol

Tracyks, that story reminds me of a time about 15 years ago, a friend of mine had three kids and is a nurse, her husband was basically non existant, so it was all her. The kids were rough housing on the couch and Wendy told them to stop, they didn't and Stephanie (about 5 at time) said she hurt her foot. Wendy made them all go to bed, and in the morning Stephanie comes crawling into her bedroom, because she can't walk, and she was crying and said her foot hurt. Wendy took her to the Dr. and sure enough it was broken. I don't know who felt worse, Stephanie or Wendy! Not being a parent, I guess you have to choose which ones are really serious, because kids are so melodramitic!

Kat, I hope all is well with Manda!

Off to work!!

Jane

Tracy- Yeah, I saw that & was wondering what it was! Did it automatically do that, or can you undo it? Just E-mail it to me.

I'd have done the exact same thing, Tracy. In fact, I did, a couple weeks ago, w/dd & her cold... went to doc, no strep, no ear infection, just a cold... about 5 days later she keeps complaining about her ear "popping" and I said it was just the Fluid draining, blah blah... a couple days later after she made 3 trips to the school health room I break down & take her back to the doc & she has a raging ear infection... didn't I feel like crap? But if she wasn't such a drama queen and faker the REST of the time...

And so it goes...

Years ago when I was a young one, my brother had broken his arm and it was in a cast. I told my mom that there was something wrong with my arm, that it hurt real bad. So she made a sling for it and sent me on my way. About 2 days later she noticed that my arm was swollen and had a bluish color to it. She took me to the doc's and sure enough, it was broken. You never ever know.

I'm not able to go with you guys on your trip but if you want I could send some pics of my bat wings, my 2 extra boobs, my saggy knees and a hoochie that needs a little lipo.Have you ever seen saggy elbows? I'll show you mine.

I for one will never be happy with my body. Don't know if anyone ever will be, but I can tell you this. I'm happier with my body than I was a year ago. Even 2 years ago. I'd rather have this saggy skin hanging and be 150 pounds lighter than to weigh what I did. I've come a long way and no turning back for me just because of the way something hangs. I can save for surgery for it but in the mean time I'll just keep rolling it up and sticking it in my pants and in my bra. I still cringe when someone tries to hug me. I think to myself, hope they are getting a hand full of something back there.

You need to hold your heads high and don't let your feelings get in the way of a great time. Enjoy each others company and look at their souls and not their skin. You'll have more fun that way.

Off to take a little siesta before going into work at the hospital. Everyone have a great evening.