Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

What a lovely day! The 8th graders are gone:thumbup: and the 12 6th and 7th graders I have are enjoying a movie! OH HAPPY DAY!

I am having a hell of a time w/ my toe. It is infected still, even after soaking it 1- 2 x a day in Epson salt. I am hoping my fill doctor will look at it and write my something. I must get it better so I can get a pedi.

Not much else to report...enjoying the silence of a Manuel-less day!:lol::w00t::w00t:

Hi Everyone!

yesterday was hell...just as I knew it would be! 13 hours at my desk, then to see Mom and didn't get home 'til 9:00 pm! Oh yeah, and i only got about 4 hours of sleep the night before. Horrible, horrible day.

Today I yelled at an officer of our company!! But he's a PITA DeLuxe every single time there's a board meeting...and today i had just had enough!!! Hope he goes back under his rock and stays there.

Kat - sending prayers for Manda and hope you and Kinsey have a great day!!

Well, that was short and sweet!.... gotta run again!..

Laterz.

Oh just to vent.. due to Tunica, I missed exercise on Friday & Monday.. on the trip we went to buffets for every meal except 1.. and I couldn't get down most food, so I ate like Soup & icing off of cakes (mmhm), and I drank MAYBE 12oz of Water every day..at most. I had mostly shirley temples, bloody mary's and kahluha & cream. I dreaded the scale when I got back, but what happened? Down another pound!!!

Talk about frustrating. So maybe I'm doing this wrong, I need to eat crap and stop drinking water and stop working out.

Oh just to vent.. due to Tunica, I missed exercise on Friday & Monday.. on the trip we went to buffets for every meal except 1.. and I couldn't get down most food, so I ate like Soup & icing off of cakes (mmhm), and I drank MAYBE 12oz of Water every day..at most. I had mostly shirley temples, bloody mary's and kahluha & cream. I dreaded the scale when I got back, but what happened? Down another pound!!!

Talk about frustrating. So maybe I'm doing this wrong, I need to eat crap and stop drinking water and stop working out.

Trust me on this...this is not the way to do it...I know from experience:biggrin::lol:

Today I yelled at an officer of our company!! But he's a PITA DeLuxe every single time there's a board meeting...and today i had just had enough!!! Hope he goes back under his rock and stays there.

keep 'em lined out Terri! There are one of those types of people in every crowd, right?

Yes Tracy...looking forward to summer. I know it sounds like I am miserable w/ work. I am blessed to have a job, and very blessed for it to be a job that I really love..

I know you were just let out steam & frustration. I was teasing you! you are lucky to have a job you love! I used to have one I loved as well...wow, those were the good old days!

So we came back yesterday, and DH & I still came home with about 1/2 the money we took, which is pretty good.

wow, when you can do that, it does make it a good trip!

Have a great evening violets.

Jenn-invest in some ear plugs that way you on't have to listen to anybodys crap!:blushing:

Pins and needles....Pins and needles.....no word from Manda yet. Kinsey is sleeping, bless her! She would be increasing tension....with 3 year old jabberitis that she has....little darlin' jabbers non stop about anything and everything!!!!

Wonder where she got that???!!! LOL

Kat

You guys are going to be so proud of me today.

After taking my sis to the doc and to get her meds, I came home and hubby was sitting at the computer again. I looked at the TV and Aliens was playing again for the umpteenth time. I made the comment about all the reruns and than made a suggestion that we go to the movies. So I went and checked out what was playing. We ended up going to go see "Leatherheads". We kinda enjoyed it. So we left there and decided to go to "SidePockets". We played about 4 tables of pool and he had a few beers and I had an Iced Tea. We ordered a sampler plate and shared it. It was so nice for just the two of us to get away. My phone didn't ring once. Came home and sat out on th deck for awhile and enjoyed the sunshine. Just beautiful again here. Anyway, I knew you guys would be mad if I didn't spend a day doing what I wanted. I figured you guys would approve. Hope I made you as happy as I made myself.

Kat, Sending purple power for Manda.

Hope everyone had a great day.

post-214709-13813137031461_thumb.jpg

Edited by Suziecat

The scheduler put Manda in with the wrong Dr. the one she saw could deal with her racing pulse---but not until the dilation of the ascending aorta is dealt with. She is on her way home.....she was not given another appointment, not given any news, not any direction to go next....nothing. Just another Dr. willing to let my child die---I am so upset at the Dr.'s and at Manda herself, I cannot see straight. This is a matter of life and death, and we have yet to find anyone who is even willing to look at the diagnostic MRI.

I know why people go postal....

Kat

Kat, It will be OK!!!! Try not to worry. I know the system is f'd up big time, but you'll get her in where she belongs and she'll be fine! You're being a mom and worrying 'til your hair falls out....but she'll be OK! She's young! Get on the phone tomorrow and rip some ass! But don't worry...she'd not going to die, I promise!! <<<<<HUGS>>>>>> Those docs don't know who they're dealing with, do they!? $20 says you went thru this circus when Rick was so sick, too. It just takes a while to get into the proper groove.

HUGS Kat

tonight was margarita night, so since i have been on liquid/mushie... 1 great margarita (keri-rita - a margarita recipe from my ds's speech therapist) and I'm done.

I was swamped again today, but I did check in to catch up on 2 days' worth of posts...and there was something I wanted to comment on but didn't have time earlier.

<Rant ON>

It was when some of you were talking about being self-conscious about "still being fat" and meeting up in Gruene. I got this earlier, too, when we were discussing in the other thread about what to wear on the river, etc.

This makes me sad.

I'm sure we all wish there was a world where weight didn't matter and all we had to rely on was our good character and personalities in order to be confident in ourselves. But if there was ever anything close to such a world...this Violet troop is IT!! Frankly it kinda hurts my feelings that any of you would be worried about your weight or sagging tummies, boobs, or bat wings with this group of friends?? We, who know what ALL of that is about and who long, each of us, to accepted for who we ARE inside?! It somehow diminishes my success if you are not feeling successful as well. I mean, hey! I'm feeling pretty good!....should I not be? Should I be worried about this crap until my dying day...and no matter who the company is???

You know what?! I'm almost 50 and have been battling this shit my whole life. If there was ever a time I wanted/need a respite from it all, it's while we're enjoying each other in Gruene!!!!! Who the hell cares if you or I weight 180 or 280??? I sure as hell don't!!!

<Rant Off>

Amen Terry!!! You are sooo right! Sometimes that mindset is hard for me to find!!!

Back from work, manicure and Dr.'s appointment. I have about 30 or 40 band aids on my neck and liquid bandaid on my jaw line! Looks stupid. But it doesn't hurt at all. It does for the second he does it, but after that no pain!!!

Kat take NO PRISONERS!!!!

Love ya!!!

Jane

BRAVA TERRI! I love you!:blushing::tt1::lol:

((((HUGS)))) Kat...we are here for you.

High Five Susie...good for you for getting your "afternoon on" and doing something for you! I am proud of you!

You all are so wonderful! I am blessed to be a violet!

Manda is home, says she is seeing her Dr. (PCP) tomorrow to get the next move started---finding someone to do an echocardiogram on her to confirm the enlargement of the ascending aorta.

She is supposedly going to discuss it all with her gyno as well, who she really likes---I hope she does.

I tried to put it in perspective for her tonight---asking her if she would be taking this crap if it were Kinsey---would she let them put her off, and ignore symptoms? Of course she said NO----I told her then she knew how I felt, so quit letting herself be treated like less, that Kinsey needs her to grow up. She got kinda weepy, and promised she is not going to let it go.

I want to call and scream, and go berserk on people, but when they find out she is not a minor, I cannot do a thing, HIPPA....I am so sick of hearing about HIPPA!!

Anyway, I put it to her like that, and said that, and she wanted to take Kinsey with her, the thought upset her---I told her "yeah I know, I want to put you to bed and keep you there til you are all better----but I can't....and not only are the Dr.'s impeding that so are you!" She hugged me and promised she is on it.

I just can't stop the damn tears.

With Rick, being a man and in his 40's---he was taken a lot more seriously than a robust young woman in her 20's is. And the scary thing is, with Rick's valve, he could have made it to surgery even with a total valve failure----but if the aorta dissects---she has not got a chance in hell of getting to Albq. to surgery. It's over...

They did do a couple of echocardiograms for Rick here, so if she can get in and get that done, to confirm (or please, please, please---find it to be normal, and the MRI being read wrong) the sizing, then she can make a move to a Dr, specializing in that.

They looked over the info that was faxed to them, saw her resting heart rate in the 120's---and set her up with an electrophysiologist---someone who deals with the beat pattern of the heart. The same one who did Ricks cardiac ablation. But she was not willing to offer advice on the aorta, she wanted test results before making a move on the heart rate. So my question is.....you are a HEART HOSPITAL---make her an appointment with the right person, get her an echo----for heavens sake DO something. But no, they sent her off to let her handle it. She should have ask for help, but no she is 26, and procrastinates EVERYTHING---and is immortal in her own mind! Just makes my stomach turn.....knowing these people could care less. If you don't PUSH---you are wprthless to them. We see these Dr.'s again, and I have full intentions of having my say. This hospital is owned by the Dr.'s that practice in it----they deal with nothing but the heart.....but it seems they have none to me.

I KNOW Manda is the one who should have pursued it---and I told her so! But...to ignore the info they had just astounds me.

Oh well, I guess there is nothing I can do....I hate feeling helpless.

Thanks for the love girls....

Kat

I missed something, I didn't know anyone was self conscious about the Violet trip? I know what you mean Pam, when I do conventions for (stupid) video games we play, I have always been extremely nervous cause I was fat.

I have no self consciousness about meeting up with you guys, I mean really.. we all had weight loss surgery, it's not like we didn't know each other was at least at one time obese, yeah?! I am still obese, some of you are still right? So.. who the hell cares. You guys are my friends, not people who are out to judge me. Yay! I can't wait, and can't believe it's 3 weeks away!!!!

I saw RENT tonight with fam. 2nd time seeing the broadway, and guess who played one of the chars? (Tom Collins for any of you who know RENT).. Anwar Robinson.. from American Idol last year.. the black guy with the long dreads and the perfect smile (the music teacher). Was so good, I love the music. I was singing along, crying, laughing.. yadda yadda.