Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Jane

funny, because I was kind of stressing because I feel like I'm huge and will be such a failure in comparison to some, that is the summary, but you said it best

Good Morning, Violets..

Wooo hooooo I slept in til 9:30 this morning. We don't have Ethan til 3 so I have the whole day to myself again. Ok, so the Bobster will be around, but that's not a bad thing.

As far as the contest goes, I'm so out of it. I'm not even going to weigh til we go to the docs on the 12th. I've been grazing lately and I have to figure out how to stop that. Oh yeah, SHUT MY MOUTH!! What a unique concept!! I did get back into the exercise routine last night. I did 25 mintues on the machines while watching Desperate Housewives and then did my toning stuff in the hot tub. At least I got my 30 mintues in for the day. Tonight the Bobster goes to his Bible study so I have time to exercise then. I was motivated by the contest for ohhhhhhh about an hour and then back to the old habits. I know I've got to jumpstart here sometime!! HOpefully the exercise will do it along with keeping my mouth shut between meals.

It's darn chilly here this morning. 38 degrees and only going up to 48 for a high. So much for spring. I thought we were pretty much done with the furnace, but it kicked in this morning again.

I'm going to do a little bit of sewing today, pay some bills and maybe even get some reading in. I still haven't finished the Stephen King book I started months ago!

Everyone have a great day.. make wise choices (are you listening, Judy???) and drink, drink, drink!

TracyinKS... you look radiant!! Hope you have a great time on the field trip today. I remember field trips fondly. I always arranged them for our three kindergarten classes. The neat thing was they were usually in Alpena so I would drive from Alpena 62 miles to work, ride a bus back to Alpena with the kids, but then I got to stay here while the other teachers and parents covered my kids til they got back and got on the bus to go home.

Suzie...you have done such a wonderful thing for yourself and your family by losing a whole person!! Stand tall and stand proud. You've done something so extarodinary and you can't dwell on where you came from. Just look at where you're headed. I'm so proud of you!!! And I'm proud of ALL the Violets. Look what we've all done in just a year. There will be a ton o' Violets at goal at this time next year and lots will be comparing TT's and boob jobs, I bet!!

TTFN.......

Jane.. didn't see your post until after I posted mine. Those of us going on the trip are going to have a great time together because we're ALL in the process of a journey and some of us are farther on the journey than others, but we will ALL Celebrate each other's SUCCESS at this weight loss battle. There is not a one of us on here that doesn't have a reason to feel proud. And I will be more than happy to be not only the spirtual leader for this trip, but the cheerleader too!! You guys have to understand how GREAT you all have done!!

Those of you not going on this trip, hopefully can come on the next or the next or the next!!! And I am equally proud of you all too!!

There.... aside from not being able to do the splits, that is my cheerleading routine for the day!!!

Judy so true,

Jane - she is right but I guess what i was saying was that I understood where you were coming from and you are not alone

I'm freaking might even start packing today.

Tracy~ You made me cry! I am so happy for you, you both look beautiful! Have fun on the trip!

Susie~ You are an amazing person...and have made wonderful strides in taking back your life. It is not about where you've been but where you are going!

Jane~I am still 250 ish...and still have 70 pounds to go. My goal is 180. I agree w/ Judy...we have so much to Celebrate. I don't give a hoot about someones size...it is the quality of thier character that I am interested in. Can't wait to meet you and all the violets!

OK...bbl

Looking forward to hearing from Laura...hope her weekend was great.

I understand & agree w/all of you, too!

I've lost 80+ lbs and am still FAT. It's true. But I'm so much healthier & happier w/myself than I was 1+ year ago. AND, I'm still going down, down, down the scale, albeit a bit more slowly lately... but it's still down!

Pam, you said it perfectly: "I don't give a hoot about someone's size... it's the quality of their character that I am interested in." THAT is why I am getting on a plane and flying across country to meet a bunch of gals I met "on the Internet"... no matter how whacky my family/friends in RL think that is... because after 1+ year of daily, sometimes hourly, communication w/ya'll... I really think that we know each other's TRUE CHARACTERS... because on here we have nothing else to hide behind... not our looks, our income level, our religion, our politics, etc... and we have hit it off for whatever reason and meeting is really just a technicality to how we already know each other's TRUE SELVES.

I know, I'm going off onto some tangent here... but you get what I'm trying to say, yes??

You ALL ROCK!!

Tracy... Enjoy your day!! I understand completely... I never take those experiences for granted!!

Went to aqua aerobics class this a.m.... first time in 2 weeks! Yay!

One of my cats (indoor cat) went out last night and hasn't come home yet. It's cold & has been raining steadily all night & day. He has a habit of doing this. The problem is, while he always returns (eventually)... I'm worried that one time his luck will run out! He's my big, stupid boy... he annoys the heck out of me frequently (he wakes me up each morn by walking on my head & nipping at my nose)... I do love him. Stupid cat! (Of course, the other cat is always very content when he's off on one of his sojourns!)

I'm still sitting here in my wet suit... off to shower... will bbl!

I get what you are saying Michelle--I think it is because in the beginning, we had no real plans of meeting up, so we had the feeling of anonymity, and felt we could be free with our emotions, and our thoughts, and if someone didn't share them--well that was ok! So, no one put on any "airs"--and we let the real us show through, through the excitement of quick weight loss, the sadness-and fear of plateaus.....and we began sharing lives----we rally in times of need, tease one another, and like Pamela above, crying for/with TracyKS----we bonded whether that was the plan or not!! The few I have talked to on the phone have been strange, yet exhillerating, to finally put a voice to the typed word! I cannot wait to be able to see the rolled eyes, and laughter----those kind of things!

Jane---I DO know what you are saying too. I SOOOOOO wanted my TT done before the trip....but in the end opted for safety, and health over speed! I told Rick---who better to accept me, belly and all, than the girls I whine about it to on a daily basis!! I was trying on a shirt the other day and my arms looked even bigger in it, and I thought OMG I have a lot further to go than I had hoped.....but it'll happen, and in the meantime, I am pretty doggone happy with what I have done!!!!

When I think of all of us, I do not think in terms of size....ever! Not sure why---because to be honest, there are others on the board, both large and small, that I "picture" in my mind when their posts show up-------maybe because I don't KNOW them, so the only thing I have is pictures they have shown. With you guys--it is not a size picture in my head though.

I had a wierd phone call from my DH's secretary----she was trying to be sneaky, but she is not very good at it. Now I may be all wrong---but she was talking about my losing weight, and Rick told her we spent an hour looking for my wedding ring in the back yard---I was pushing Connor on the swing, and it went flying! We found it, but it was scary!!! Anyway----she was asking me what size I wore now! So either she is going to try to sell me some....or Rick is behind it. He tried to talk me into going to buy something inexpensive this weekend, I refused. I want to wait and get mine sized........and like I told him, these are going to be perfect for my trip and surgery, because I will be swelling--I always do when I go to TX!!! And following surgery I will be too----so lets wait. Beginning to wonder if he is ignoring me!!! But we have nothing special coming up---except Mother's Day----that just dawned on me.....yep I betcha he is ignoring me!!! Chana (sounds like Shawna) does not call often---she does, and when I go in to the office, she chats like that all the time, but the timing of the call, made my alerts go off!!!

Well I should get up from here and get some things done.

Talk Soon!

Kat

I was just cleaning out some things in a basket in the kitchen and ran across this picture taken 9 years ago at our son's wedding. It's an NSV for me today cause in that picture you can see the Bobster and I can't begin to get our arms around each other. I told him to stand up today and we hugged and both of us could get our arms all the way around the other!!! Wooooooooohooooooooooooo!!:wink2:

post-215048-13813136979782_thumb.jpg

Judy, what a difference. Holy smokes!!!!! and what a great NSV

Hi girls!! OH my gosh, we are getting so close. I'm getting excited and nervous all at the same time. In real life I'm actually quite shy and I have trouble meeting new people. I guess here with ya'll with the cloak of anonimity on me I was able to just relax and be myself. But now I'm getting nervous. What if ya'll don't like me? LOL...

Judy - you are organized lady! I usually pack the night before I leave on a trip. Usually chaos ensues and a midnight trip to Walmart happens. And I don't get any sleep and yuck... you get my drift. I need to learn from you. I've got several trips planned this year. I need to be more organized for them...

I've got a box of clothes that I'm bringing with me to see who wants what and who fits in what. Whatever is not taken will be brought back with me and sent to Purple Heart.

TracyKS - you were glowing in your picture!! I can't wait to be a mom!

Michelle - I'm with you. Even though I've lost alot of weight and I feel good about myself I am still huge. It always happens when I see pictures of myself. In my head I see one thing but the camera doesn't lie. Oh well, I just have to keep going. The difference is now when I see a picture I'll say to myself, "oh well, in a few months i'll look different". I don't stress about it too much. In the past I would never ever ever want to take pictures.

I had a great weekend. Friday night I went out to dinner with my mom and my sisters. I'm so glad Erika is banded. We share a plate now! We had baked snapper with steamed veggies. Saturday night we went out to dinner for our April birthdays. All the girls in my family get together and go out for our birthdays once a month. We went to Nino's, a nice little Italian place in downtown Houston. Ever been there Terry? Mr. Mandola himself was there and he came over to our table and said how it made him so happy to see a table full of gorgeous ladies in his restaurant. Then we all went dancing at this new club called Bam Bou. Soooo much fun but I felt like an old lady! Erika choose the club and it was all people her age! Oh well, we made the best of it. We all danced together and had lots of martinis, he he he. Sunday, I slept in while Juan did yard work. He finally came and woke me up around 11 am and we went out to Breakfast and then to the mall. I didn't get anything but he got some new shirts. Then I went to go get fitted for my bridesmaid's dress for my cousins wedding. I'm a size 18 and I should have ordered a smaller size and I didn't. I wonder if I can still change it? Hmm, what do ya'll think? The wedding is July 19th. The 18 fit me perfectly. Not snug at all but not loose. I'm getting a fill in two weeks. Hmmm.....

I'm so glad it let me post that. I'm still having trouble with the site. It keeps trying to re-load like every five minutes. I wrote that in word and then did a copy/paste!

That doesn't even look like you Judy!! What a great NSV! That's also one of the ways that I like to get my spirits up when I'm a little down. If I'm having a bad scale day or if I get frustrated with the size that I see on my pants, I walk over to Juan and ask him to give me a hug. It feels so good to have his arms come around completely that it makes me forget about my size 18 pants or the number on the scale. In the past he would just pat my back with both hands...mostly my fat on my sides, LOL...

here is the pic of the dress. The bottom is a non issue since it flares nicely away from my big ass. The top fit perfectly... but now i'm having second thoughts about the size i ordered...

post-216278-13813136980044_thumb.jpg

oh and what color shoes would look best with this dress? we get a choice between silver, gold or bronze high heeled sandals...