Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I love going to the park. I remember my Dad no matter what his day always made time for us and took us to the park or played with us. I'm just passing that on. Besides it gives me time to take my mind off of my troubles. I find solice in watching the kids. Maybe someday I'll fit on that slide. :) :laugh: :thumbup: :lol:

post-214709-13813136977702_thumb.jpg

Would it help to write it out and tell us what all has been going on---we are never too busy to listen and support a sister Violet going through hard times-----heaven knows you guys are always there for me. If you want to talk about it, we are here, if not I will respect your privacy----but sometimes it helps to get it all out. We want to help if we can....

I think we need to find a park, with teeter totters!!! DH and I were talking about that---now that we are so close in weight!! How I used to love them!!!!

Kat

Thanks Kat~ The closest feed store is 30 miles away, but my brother lives there, so we get up there every now and then.

I emailed everyone (I don't think I have Susie's email) the pix of the hummingbird eggs. A friend said that she would try to nurse them or whatever it is you do w/ eggs. They are soooooo small. But at least they may have a chance w/ her, instead of dying in the nest. Anyway, since I don't know how to post pix, they are in your email!

Tracy and Janie~ What do you think of the show??? It is not on here yet, but I cheated! OOOO my!

xoxoxo

Howdy Vi's!

Gosh, I can't imagine how in the world one would nurse hummingbird eggs...and then babies!! Don't be mad at your doggie! IF he did it, he's just doing what God programmed him to do! To him that bird is no more significant than the flies that have been bothering his ears. Poor baby! We have a dove that's built a nest near our front door..she's so sweet! She never leaves her nest that I can tell! We've put seed and Water out for her but she hasn't touched it. What a good mommy! LOL...we even keep our porch light turned off so that the light doesn't bother her widdle eyes. How silly is that?

I don't know where the day went...didn't accomplish squat. Went to see mom for a couple of hours, went to the grocery store, ... did a little jewelry work...that's about it! Oh yeah, and I took a nap! I never do that!

Tomorrow at work is going to be H-E-L-L :lol: Oh well, I am grateful to have a job and nice people to work with. Things could be much worse! I just really prefer to be slug-like.

Nighty-night! :)

Edited by TerriDoodle

My first 2 pics only showed up if I opened the link, but the 3rd one was right there---go figure!!! I cannot believe how tiny they are!

Becky and I went to the pound once and picked out a dog for her boys. We got Happy. He was a mutt----and he was aptly named. He smiled, and he wiggled his entire body, he did not wag his tail, he wagged from head to tail! Such a good dog! He was sturdy built, able to handle roughhousing with two boys. He chased the flashlight beam....like a cat will a laser pointer---Happy chased the flashlight beam, and loved it. He fetched, and if he brought it back and dropped it on the left all you had to do was tell him "no I want it over here", and point and he would move it! He used to play with the neighbors dog all day long.

One day he happened to get out with the neighbors dog---and they went down the road, and found a new game----chase the chickens. Unfortunately, his way of catching them was to chase and pounce---which was killing the chickens. Becky and Gary live in the county---outside of city limits. Since he was caught killing livestock, he was automatically put down. The owner of the chickens even tried to stand up for him----he did not have a drop of blood on him, he was not eating the chickens, just playing....but the animal control officer, loaded him up and it was over. The boys were devastated---it was horrible. Happy died, because he was playing with chickens.

Maybe Klaus was just doing something similar---asserting his ownership of the carport.....but not intentionally being mean!

As has been said, if he wanted to kill it, it seems it would have been obvious!

Well, I am off to bed, I have a loooooong week ahead. Will talk to you girls tomorrow.....

Kat

Pam, that nest is really neat looking! It is amazing to see!! I didn't yet watch all of BB have it on tape, and saw the last bit, I DON'T LIKE ADAM, BUT, he did say he would donate $100,000 to Autism, I hope he is truthful about that!! His winnings are dwindling tho--he has to take Matt to las Vegas, Uncle Sam will get his fair share and so on.

Just when the sun was going down, it stopped raining and the sun sort of came out. The next two days are supposed to be very very cold with freeze warnings.

Went to Walmart and did not find my shoes!! I really want to find these shoes. I did find some shoes on Ebay that I thought I might like, has anyone here bought shoes on Ebay?

I am rambling again. Have a good night.

Jane

Jane try Walmart.com they have a site to store in most locations now, you order it online, and it is delivered to the store closest to you---maybe they have the shoes you want. And it is my understanding if there is a problem, such as fit, items can be returned to the local store---as opposed to being shipped back.

Might be worth a try!

Kat

Tracy and Janie~ What do you think of the show??? It is not on here yet, but I cheated! OOOO my!

xoxoxo

Ugh, his (Adams) whole attitude during the Q & A with the other houseguests sucked! I don't even wanna discuss it. I will just pretend Ryan won.:tt2:

good morning violets! Happy Monday:biggrin:

Wow, the contest is almost over and I think I weigh the same thing as when it started. Oh well, at least I am not gaining!

I colored my hair yesterday. It is always fun getting everything like towels, clothes and rugs and my shirt ruined. I can never keep that stuff on my head...it goes everywhere! :wink2:

Terri-try to have a good day. I would rather be really busy than really slow. Makes time pass faster. (unless the boss is gonna be gone, then I would like to be slug like too)

Judy-mom & stepdad had a great time on their trip. Very glad to be home too. I am sure you know the feeling! They are talking about a WDW trip and bringing us :biggrin2:. I agree with that idea!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Morning gals

What a weekend, worked the entire thing, my body hurts in places I forgot I had, it has been a long time since I worked like this, or so it seems.

Went out sat night after work, have still been on liquids and only had 2 drinks, thank goodness they were not strong. I had on a pr of jeans, my fav big flip flops and a black halter top, (that was how I went to work -flip flops) NSV a friend was hanging all over me, not really in that sense but kept telling me how amazing I looked and that there was something different about me. (with a big smile)

Yesterday, I took dd shopping for her great report card and got her some new clothes and me a new halter top, skirt and Water shoes from Target and sundress from Walmart. The skirt was a 16 which I'm ok with because I could never wear target skirts at all but the dress...it was a size 14!!!! I cannot remember the last time I was in a 14, the green one was my favorite but the zipper was broken at the bottom so I sent dd out to get the brown one, she was mia forever so i opened the door and walked out... The young girls at the desk were like OMG you look great in that ... not many people can wear that style and not look pregnant, which was what I was afraid of. Then I put the brown one on and got dd's opinion and then went back out to the girls. 1 loved the brown (so did dd) and the other (and me) liked the green. So I got the brown because the zipper was ok. I guess the brown one makes my itty bitties look bigger too (so i was told)

And... down another lb today to boot, I'm now -2 for the contest and 1 more and i can change my ticker again. I raised it a couple the other day when it was telling me i was a loser for not changing it in 80 days. LOL

Rainy and cold here, so ds and I are just going to hang today, he planted with gram yesterday went to bed at 10 and is up already, it is going to be a long day!

Good Morning.

Jenn, congrats on the NSV. How cool was that to get compliments from the store workers.

I was at the store yesterday getting something from the deli when a lady from church walked up. I said hi to her and we chatted for a minute when she looked at me and made the comment that it looked like I had lost a lot of weight. I told her yes I had, 150 pounds. It's times like that that I'm so proud of myself. I'm also embarrassed at it too. Ashamed that I let myself get like that. But at least I'm doing something about it.

Sun is shinning but it's only supposed to get to 56 degrees today. So glad I haven't put my new flowers out yet. They are calling for a light freeze tonight.

Terri, Hang in there this week. The weekend will be here before you know it.

Everyone have a great day. Hugs.

post-214709-13813136979161_thumb.jpg

Happy Monday... I'm posting quickly as Robby and I are on our way out the door to go to a ZOO field trip.

I have to tell you that today is especially special for me because it is a day that I have dreamed of ..... going on a class field trip with my son.... this is one of those firsts that makes a formerly infertile woman cry. Many Many Many years of infertility while all my friends and family were popping out babies with no problem it was a deep sadness that I couldn't share with anyone.... so today Robby is bouncing off the walls with excitement and I am so happy that I feel like crying as it is MY TURN to be the mom on the field trip.

Here are pics taken this morning a few minutes ago.

post-208811-13813136979266_thumb.jpg

post-208811-13813136979632_thumb.jpg

Suzie

That is great but I do understand. I still feel huge, OK not huge but as I tell people I lost close to 80lbs, I think OMG, I was just so disgusting and how did I ever get that way?

Over the weekend I ran into a friend at the bank, I have not seen her since the month before my surgery, she had the bypass and had some issues but she is 4 years out and still looks amazing, she has gained 15lbs but is aware of it and going to get it back off, she is very tall and actually I think she could have used it, she almost looked too thin. Anyway, her sister is considering banding and will not do bypass after watching her sister so I think it was fate that I ran into her. She has lost friends and had people saying she was on Crack and that was why she lost so much weight. People are just Horrible! So we are going to get together and catch up. She also knows the insurance TT tricks!

Yipee

Terry - Hugs on today!

Tracy - OMG you brought tears to my eyes for you and you look so amazing and happy

OK last post for a bit

DS is so tired and nuts.... he is driving me crazy! I don't want to waste gas to take him to the sitter to lounge around today. but tomorrow, I might just do it...

But I'll miss them when i'm in SA :wink2:

Tracyks, how special, that was really touching!!!

I am with you on the Adam thing TracyK.

Susie, I understand how you feel, I was talking on the phone last night with a friend that I haven't talked to for about 14 months. It is amazing that we have let things go for so long. Anyways I told her I had the band, and have lost a total of 100 pounds. She said you must be really little. I told her I am not, it is amazing that I can loose 100 pounds and still be very heavy. I said I know we are hard on ourselves, and that I am proud of what I have lost, but the fact of the matter is I am still overweight and I can't believe I allowed myself to become so obese. It is a weird head trip and one that not everyone can understand. I am sweating going to Gruene all of a sudden because I am still so very overweight. But, then I think all the violets don't mind what weight I am at. It is very weird and I will probably feel self conscious for awhile, I do it to myself. The fact of the matter is nobody really cares what you weigh as long as you are happy. I don't care if my friends are fat or skinny, I love them no matter what. I want them to be happy and healthy, but besides that, I really don't care. Does that make sense or does it come off sounding harsh? I am proud of knowing everyone here, but I like you not because you lost weight, although you have all been very very supportive and inspirational. Losing weight just adds to our personality, and makes us more real and touchable, because we know the struggle. But, I am not going to like somebody less because they gained. I am rambling, but I have this thought (watch out), and hope I am making myself clear and not digging a larger hole!!

I LOVE AND APPRECIATE THE VIOLETS FOR WHO THEY ARE NOT THE NUMBER ON THE scale.< /span>