Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hey Violets~

We had a great time last night. Had a couple (male) over for drinks and appetizers (yummy spinach dip from Costco). Had a few Vodka and diet cokes, Susanne had 1 beer. Then they invited us to go out to dinner. But first we needed to stop by this gay bar, because Rob's softball team was doing a fundraiser to travel to Seattle. Anyway, there was a drag show going on. It was soooo funny. We had another drink and watched the show while Rob sold tickets! (I ran into a dear friend of mine, who just finihsed his dissertation and is in 2nd round of revisions). Then we went to dinner! At 9:30pm! Susanne and I usually eat about 5pm, sometimes earlier. But it was nice to do that...something different. (I had the chix picatte, 2/3 is in fridge now, lol) Long story long...it was a fun night!

Today, we are up before 6 am, watered, and jumped on LBT. Susanne is already doing laundry and reading the paper. We weren't sure if MIL was coming today or not, so we have no real plans. Perhaps a movie later.

Michelle~ I am looking forward to meeting which ever Michelle arrives! I can't believe it is sooo close!

I have an infected toe from where I clipped a cuticle too close. Then, from wearing shoes for 2-3 days, now it is fully infected and KILLING ME! I may need some meds, but have been soaking it and using peroxide. Planning on wearing thongs all weekend. I need to get it fixed so I can get my pedi before our trip!

OK...I am rambling! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

xoxoxoxoxo

Good morning, Violets..

Today is an alone day for me and I'm going to enjoy it. No Ethan, no Bobster (he's at a meeting out of town for the day) and no place I have to be at all except where I want. Sooooooo I have a list of things I want to get done today and we'll see how many of them I can cross off.

We had a good time at DD's last night for dinner. Everything stayed down for a change. The Pistons were slaughtered in basketball and the Tigers lost by 1 so it was a bad evening in that respect. I still feel bad about the Pistons this morning. I'm a devoted fan and they played just awful last night. It hurt to watch.

I'm going to start putting out my clothes for the Texas trip. That's coming up fast and I'm a little anal about getting things ready ahead of time, so I have plenty of time to change my mind about outfits before I have to leave. I need to make a hotel reservation for Thursday the 15th cause my flight leaves at 10:30 and the airport is 3 hours away. The Bobster is going to take me down.

Kat.. hope everything is going ok there.

Jenn.. glad your fill is working. I sure know mine is there now.

Hope everyone else checks in today after all the technical difficulties with the site yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!! I'm off to tackle my list.

Pam - sounds like a fun night

try epson salt to soak your foot in, I swear it works, pulls infection out. That is what they told me to use for body piercings and when my belly got infected it sucked the puss out (i know tmi) but really works.

it is chilly here, don't feel like doing anything today as i know I have to work my butt off later

Well, Tracy, I bet you can guess what I'll be doing this rainy Saturday!..... I'll post when I'm done.... i've got a cute project in the works. Wish I could say I designed it, but I "steal" all my designs. Maybe someday I'll make the leap to 'ARTIST'. Wow, that would be cool.

Janie - Ugh. I hate going to work when I'm sick!! I hope you start to feel better quickly. You remember how our moms used to send us to school saying, "You'll feel better when you get there." Most of the time they were right. Moms usually are...it just takes us a lifetime to figure it out. My daughter doesn't take ANY of my advice unless I force her to!! That whole black/white thing.

Thanks Jenn~

I almost posted if any Violets knew any "fix the toe" tricks. I'll try it today. That is exactly what I need...like a sauve to draw this infection out! Yeah!!

Judy- I made mine 2 weeks ago, I arrive in SA on the 15th, I actually need to make an appt for with my pcp so I can get some anti nausea pills, I'm so afraid of throwing up.

The thing is, when i made my reservations I idn't really have the money but.... I had money so I called and they said they would not charge my card, just reserve, well, they charged it! So My trip is officially 100% paid for, and there is talk of the refunds going out a week early (on the news today) so, I'm going to go get a couple pr or short and tops to take away the weekend before and the rest is my spending money. I'm so happy

I found my cowboy hat, I hate the way it looks on me, i got it when I was rounder, so maybe ya'll can help me get a new one that looks better on me. I loved that crazy thing :( Oh well, good excuse for a new one!

Terry - can I send you a box of clothes to bring for everyone to look through? Is there a place to donate left overs if there are any?

Thanks Jenn~

I almost posted if any Violets knew any "fix the toe" tricks. I'll try it today. That is exactly what I need...like a sauve to draw this infection out! Yeah!!

:biggrin2: anytime, it is very relaxing and an excuse to soak too

ROFL!!!

The May 2008 bandsters have named themselves the

SHRINKO de Mayo's....LOL!!

Isn't that hilarious!?

Now that's cute!

Good Morning, Vi's~~

Regular Saturday here... errands, dd's riding lesson, housework... nothing exciting planned. Now our MAY weekends are looking completely zoo-y already... 3+ activities each weekend day all over the place... yikes! May is always like that, tho. Then June comes, school gets out, and it's just lazy days by the pool! Sign me up for THAT! :(

My friend and I are going to split a CSA share for the summer... have you heard about them? It stands for "Community Supported Agriculture". You pay a local farm $x for x weeks (for us it's $400 for 20 weeks) and then each week you receive a box of fruits/veggies/eggs from that farm & others in their co-op. It's not a "community garden"... dh was adament about not having to "work" in someone else's garden, as he never has time to work in ours! -- lol -- but there's no "sweat equity"... just your cash & their yummy summer produce. I've read/see/heard about CSAs a lot in the news/magazines/radio lately... it's one of the "eco-friendly", "eat locally" ideas of the moment. To me, it just sounds good! Anyhoo, we're going to split a share because based on the sample lists of weekly foods you receive, we're concerned that it'd be too much for just one of us... after 3 or 4 weeks, I don't want to get "behind" in eating all the crops, and have a pile of veggies wilting all around me... ew.

That's it from here. Make it a great day, Vi's!

ROFL!!!

The May 2008 bandsters have named themselves the

SHRINKO de Mayo's....LOL!!

Cute Cute Cute ROFLMAO :lol::lol::lol:

I am with Jenn about soaking...that will make it so much better!! (and relaxing:biggrin:)

Well, Tracy, I bet you can guess what I'll be doing this rainy Saturday!..... I'll post when I'm done.... i've got a cute project in the works. Wish I could say I designed it, but I "steal" all my designs. Maybe someday I'll make the leap to 'ARTIST'. Wow, that would be cool.

Hmmmm, I wonder what Terri is doing:frown3:

Good morning, Violets..

Today is an alone day for me and I'm going to enjoy it.

Enjoy your ME day!! Those are the greatest! :grouphug:

Macy and and I are going to get dressed and go to the book store :( It is a swap store and I love it there. I can find the old stuff and only pay 1/2 the cover price. I told macy to go and get all of her old books that she does not want anymore and we will go trade them in. Boy she is all over that idea!! Have a great day everyone!

Hey where is Kat, You ok?

well, i'm off to talk to my neighbor to see if he can help me with a little project this week

Good morning violets!!!

Well it's been a year since my banding as of today and I didn't quite meet my short term goal of losing enough to where I weighed less than 200 lbs, but I was CLOSE! This morning I weigh 200.8. I can take that....

It's been a long, hard road. I still struggle with the emotional component of eating, but thankfully the band keeps me in check somewhat. Now that I got a fill 2 weeks ago, I finally for the first time feel some REAL restriction....this is the first time since my banding that I've felt this way and I'm up to 3.6cc's in my 4cc band....

I started my journey looking into getting the band January 2007. At that time I weighed 270 lbs. Over the next few months I lost a little weight on my own, in preparation of getting the band. I didn't have to do a liquid diet except for the day before my surgery, or I would have lost more beforehand, but what I did lose, I lost by eating right.

The day of my surgery I weighed 253.8, so technically since my surgery I've lost 53 lbs, but since the start of all of this I've lost 69.2 lbs! Doesn't seem like much in seeing the numbers, but it sure FEELS like a lot! I feel so much better...and I know that I look better too. I'm not going to get complacent here though, I'm still trudging forward! My next short term goal will be 175 lbs. Wish me luck! :(

It feels good though because my daughter told me this morning that my ex husbands wife was saying how good I'm looking and that I look better than I did when she met me. My ex hubby says "I haven't seen her in a while, so I don't know how good she looks". His wife goes on to say to him "You don't need to see her now" LMAO! My daughter said she was cracking up. His wife and I are friends so I'm sure she was kidding but it sure makes me feel good! :grouphug:

Happy BANDiversary to me and to my band twin TracyinKS!!!!!!! clap.gif

Hi gilrs~

Just checking in, will try to get back later---has been a busy 2 days---not great ones, but I survived. Come out of it a few hundred bucks richer and have less junk. My nerves are shot----Becky's DIL showed up to sell stuff too---and brought a friend of hers with 4 boys, so 5 with Beck's grandson from 1-9 years old, wanting in my house, and skateboarding all over----it sucked!! I was one grouchy old lady!!!!

Anyway we are off to dinner, will check in later.

Manda is not doing well---but seems a tad better this evening.

BBL

Kat

Hey Everyone~

Denise...happy Bandaversary! You've done so very well. Considering the band is for life, I'd say your first year is a success! So good to see you posting!

Kat~ Hugs! Sending Manda some purple power!!!

Well, about noon, right when it was 100 degrees, we decided to move a bit. We went out and cleaned the poop, and played Water w/ Klaus our Rottie. His ear is getting eaten alive w/ the damn flies. We spray this stuff on him, but they are ruthless. His left ear is bloody and raw. Been this way since he was a baby. Doctor said he has that kind of blood that attracts 'em. I feel so bad. We put liquid bandage on, and other stuff...nothing works. It is only during Spring time, but my poor little baby!

Then we decided to donate our TV, surround sound, DVD and a SHITLOAD of other stuff to a friend of mine I teach w/. She is in her late 50's, and is raising 3 kids under 4 years old (two are her DD's who is hooked on drugs, and the third baby is her 17 yr old grand daughter). She is a great lady, but literally had 3 car seats in her car. She foreclosed on her house last month and now is renting a house. So we gave her a bunch of stuff. She takes this stuff up to the swap meet and sells it. It really helps her out. The TV we gave her Susanne and I bought 3 years ago for nearly 400$...so she should be able to get some good $$$.

gonna order a pizza and relax...have a great night!

xoxoxooxox