Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Well I have an appraiser coming, got a home equity loan last year to pay for band, and the interest rate has dropped like 3 points!!! My bank doesn't charge for this service, so I am doing it. I have one hour and 39 minutes to make my house look good.;)

Tracyks those Tomato plants are so cool!! I live on the third floor, so could actually have those! I watched QVC once when they had plants on, and it was soo neat. I wasn't tempted to buy them, especially since I don't have a yard, but they were so pretty and it was interesting to hear the story behind them. Never thought I would watch a shopping channel!!

Okay, since I am a slow typer I only have 1 hour and 36 minutes,

bye!!

Good morning! I will keep everyone posted on how they work.. I actually love Kat's idea with the buckets and the strawberries on top!

Trying to go "NO JUNK" today!

Terry - did you end up going to the crawfish fest? I'm only a few miles from there. Live right across 45. You should have called me!! I would have met you up there. We bummed around the house all day after church today and then went to my sisters birthday party at my mom's house in the evening. We try to go every year and it's always lots of fun. Are you going to Ifest this year? We try not to miss that one either. So you made your son detail your car? That's what kids are for!! Can't wait to have my own, he he he!! Save the coupon I sent you for another time. I think it has a six month expiration on it...

Oh, I'm sure i'll use the coupon!! Thanks for sending it...that was so sweet of you! He washed and waxed it, but it really needs a good compounding and the carpets shampooed too...so I'll take it in before the summer. Thanks again!

No, we ended up hanging around the house. I didn't feel like fighting crowds and looking for parking. I was really tired last night too...but couldn't figure out why :confused2: Slept like a rock which is unusual for me! Maybe it's Spring fever! I sometimes go to IFest...but almost always go to the Bayou City Art Festival. That's my favorite!

Hi violets~

I have a follow up dr visit this morning so he can see how the antibiotics are doing. I am keeping my fingers crossed but am kind of worried. We'll see.

Tomorrow and Wednesday I have meetings at corporate in Houston. They are boring but it is better than being at my office. The fun part is going to be that I have not seen the houston folks since a year ago this month. They have not seen me since I had just had the surgery done. Should be a day full of NSVs and I am so excited! I look at it as a day to get me rejuvinated to lose these last 5-10 pounds.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Good luck at the docs, Tracy!! I know how you love to go! ;) Crossing my fingers for you.

New day. Planning on going to jazzercise tonight, unless we go to Home Depot to FINALLY buy flowers. Everytime we go, we end up arguing where and what to put 'em...and then we don't get any. So about 5:30 yesterday, we drove around the neighborhood to get an idea. We drove around in our PJ's! Anyway, we will see!

That's a great idea, pam! I always have these ideas of where to put things...then end up changing my mind about 4 times before they get in the ground....which usually means another couple of runs to the nursery. I'm not a great gardener, but i must say that I like how our back yard is looking this year. It was new when we moved 3.5 years ago so we had to start from scratch.

Michelle - You definitely should at least CALL your doctor. They may not be able to see anything but can poke and prod and depending on where and how it hurts can determine if you've fractured something, pinched a nerve, pulled a muscle, etc. Not something you really wanna mess with. At least put a buttload of ice on it.

Did anyone watch that Hallmark movie last night? I ended up falling asleep for the last 15 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did it end? Did the boy get the cochlear implant?

Still cleaning!!!

Jane

Good morning, Violets...

OMGOSH... I slept in til 9:45 today!! Guess I needed it after the concert last night and all the events of last week.

Haydee... the choir takes a summer break.. not the pastor!! The Bobster is only working parttime now and he and a woman pastor split the Sundays for this year. After this year, she'll take over and he'll be looking for an interim somewhere. Might even be one in Florida or Hawaii.. wooo hooooo!!

Michelle...how you feeling today?? Ditto what Terry says about seeing the doctor.

Tracyinks.. our dog groomer had those upside down Tomato plants and I watched how they did. Not so good here in Michigan. Hopefully they'll do well for you.

Janie...hope all goes well with the appraiser today. 3 points is a lot! Sorry, didn't watch the movie.

Well the Bobster had a revelation last night. We went to Applebees for half off appetizers after the concert. We ordered the nachos and buffalo wings. He had a few bites of each and headed for the bathroom. This was after a big PB incident at lunch. He PB'd again and finally had to go sit in the car while I waited for the bill. HE HAS RESTRICTION FOR THE FIRST TIME!!! Now he has to learn to eat the bandster way. He had an english muffin with Peanut Butter for Breakfast and he says it's still working it's way down. I'm noticing a big difference too. Everything went down fine for me last night, but this morning my ham salad and wheat thins are just sitting in my throat.

Ethan comes at 1 today and I want to get some yardwork done before he arrives so I better get my butt in gear. Everyone have a great day! Make wise choices and drink, drink, drink!!

restriction, I hope one day I have it.....

Hopefully Friday.

Has anyone noticed when I post alot I am avoiding doing things?!?!

I HAVE noticed that Jane is now past her half way mark, weight wise----even if her cleaning is not half done!!!

And I noticed if Terry loses another ounce she will be in the 170's. And if Judy loses any (and if she can't eat much she will!) will be in the 160's!!

Me? Just hanging out here in the 80's like I belong or something! I seriously need to get it in gear----but.......it does not seem to change anything. I know my weight is shifting around, my rings are spinning freely on my hand---which will be good with the trip, because I always swell up in TX!! But as wierd as this sounds, my belly rolls are shifting---actually dropping. But at the same time, it seems my belly is even bigger than usual--and some waist bands do feel snug again. So I have no idea, I should measure and see what I come up with.

Everyone is doing so good, I could not scroll back further to see everyone elses stats---but I am so happy for you losers!!! LOL

Manda is supposed to be calling me back with her appointment date----but have not heard from her, and hate to call her at work. My ring tone on her phone is Stewie from the Family Guy going "Mom, Mom, Mama, Mom, Mom, Mommie".....repeatedly---finally the Mom yells "What?" and he giggles. It would annoy the heck out of me!!! But it leaves no question as to who is calling her!!!! I WILL do it, if she does not call soon. I figure they are getting info and will call her back when they decide which cardiac group to have her see.

I need to get dressed and walk down and see why I have no irrigation Water. Someone closed the headgate I think, my lawn needs water..... so I plan on turning it back on, whether they like it or not, if they have a problem----FIX IT!!!!! We have a neighbor down the road, who never winterizes, and quite often freezes and breaks something, then rather than fix it, he just shuts all the water off. BS!!!! We helped pay for the headgate, and line, and I pay ditch fees to use the free water----so I plan on using it, and if he floods, then fix it! He annoys me anyway, he struts around like he is God's gift to women----and he always seriously looked down his nose at me, and when Kinsey and I were out walking this last winter one day, he actually told me, "If it wasn't so cold out, I would tell you to take that coat off, I cannot believe how much weight you have lost!" Like I would have taken my coat off for him----------no friggin' way!!! LOL

Ok---I am off to get ready.

See y'all later!

Kat

Kat, you reminded me.... I forgot to mention that I DID hit a new decade of numbers today. ---> 179.8 <--- Woo freakin' Hoo!! I looked back on my weight chart to see when it was i dropped from 190 to 189 and it was August!! Uh, yeah.... Slow Loser Poster Child here, but I don't care!! It's still moving in the right direction!!

Yay You!!! I was going to tell you and Judy, to go potty and blow your nose, and get on with the new #'s already!!!!

I am proud of you!!!! Someday I will get there......of course it may be due to decomposition....but I WILL get there!!!!

Kat

Don't be too excited about my halfway mark, been flirting with that for a couple months now!!

YYYYYAAAAAYYYY TERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going backwards and very depressed about it but don't kw what to do - hopefully the new job will help a little bit. I'm exercising every day but does not seem to do good, and mom told me i looked like i was gaining... what does the scale say? nice way to be there for me. I have been holding for 6 weeks - last week she told me i looked good and yesterday told me i looked like a fat ass.

anyway, just needed to vent

sorry

Jenn who is calling you fat??? Not nice!!!!!!! I know it sounds crazy, but last week and this week I have been trying to remind myself how far I come, not how much farther I have to go. It is hard. Somedays I am better than others.

Anyways that is not nice period!!!! Shame on people for using that!!!

Yeah I'm with you, working out and not eating more than 1,200 calories a day and no weight loss, it's pretty depressing. Normally if I'm not losing, I can blame me and know how to fix it. Now I don't know what to do about it, except get upset!

I moved into my new office, me likey. I'll take some phone pics in a bit, people keep stopping by to check it out.

I was going to tell you and Judy, to go potty and blow your nose, and get on with the new #'s already!!!!

Are you kidding?? How do you think I got to 179.8??!! :rolleyes2:

Laura,

Go look at the exercise forum if you haven't already. you'll see lots of beginners moaning about the same thing! It's perfectly normal! Be patient!!!