Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

GOOD MORNING!

Like Suzie said it was GORGEOUS yesterday and supposed to be even nicer today.... Have you seen those Topsy Turvey tomatoe planters o tv?? Well I did and ended up buying 3 of them off ebay... what started out as a little project turned into a HOME DEPOT run! LOL

DH ended up building an L shaped frame with 9 hooks for my topsey turveys!!!!!!!!! Now I have to either order more or hit the AS SEEN ON TV STORE.. LOL...... I'm hoping they turn out great because NO weeds, no cages and no worry of bunnies or puppies eating my plants and no bending over to get them......... I will let you all know.. so far I have grape tomatoes, early girl, and then strawberries planted.....

I also worked on our little garden pond.. planted some seeds.. transplanted some more vinca vine and basically spent the entire day outside in the yard......... as Charles would say..... "you are as happy as a pig in shit"............

The boys had a Water baloon fight oh and Josh DOES have to have eye surgery on both eyes..... his mom had the same surgery when she was little............ all that will take place the end of May......

I've already had my coffee on the deck (albeit a bit chilly) I LOVE this time of year!!!!!!!!

Time to head back outdoors.

G'Mornin'!

Tracy, sounds like you're having a great weekend! We want pics!

Yep, our weather has been stupendous this month, too....but it's gonna start getting hot very soon. Today there's a crawfish festival in Old Town Spring (close to Haydee...maybe I'll see her there!) and it's a lot of fun. They have 3 stages with zydeco, blues, country and rock music....crawfish everywhere in all forms, craft booths, etc. A part of me wants to go and another part wants to stay home and be a slug. DD was very active yesterday, I doubt I could get her motivated. DH is playing golf...again. He's having a good weekend!....2 rounds of golf and an Astros game. Must be nice, eh?

Ya'll have a good day...I'm gonna hit the showers!

I am miserable.

There, I said it.

Emotionally, physically, spiritually.

Everything is annoying me. Everyone.

When I get like this, I try to count my blessings and then just wait it out. Usually works.

Bleh.

Well I'd hug ya Michelle, but it would likely irritate you, so I will just wave from the corner.........hi!!!!

Tracy--my SIL grows her tomatoes upside down in 5 gallon buckets. She cuts a small area out of the bottom, pulls her plants through, and then plants her strawberries on TOP of the bucket which keeps the ground mor moist for the tomatoes. She likes to get dark or black buckets, she says the hotter she gets them as long as she keeps them very wet, they go crazy! She actually plants ALL her garden in containers.

I know most of you are not "into" cattle, but they sell different "licks" for cows. Most are molasses based, and have Vitamins etc in them, and you place them in the fields, the cows lick the junk out of them, and you are left with GIANT buckets!!! Bigger than the ones you buy in Walmart that look like big pails. We use those to plant our tomatoes, and they go crazy. We usually end up giving tomatoes away, because I just am not that into canning all the different things!! I make salsa, and can some tomatoes themselves, but I am kind of like Judy, I have a small home, and no room to store all that!!! And I don't eat the tomatoes, so they get to be abundant!!! I eat them cooked, so the acids are reduced, otherwise they give me little Water blisters in my mouth, some sort of allergy to the acidity.

Well, I am off to check my email, and then I suppose I should get dressed....I feel soooooo lazy.

Will check in as I can......

Hugs~

Kat

Michelle~

After the post on the other thread...call up a girlfriend and go out and have a margi sista! We all get the blues, you are allowed to feel 'em. But your also allowed to have margi's to chase 'em away!

Love ya...

I don't get a lazy Sunday! Tomorrow I'm suppose to be moving offices.. I was told "Monday we are moving offices". They set my new desk and stuff up in my new office. I got a call this morning, they hired new people, who are moving IN to our offices tomorrow. Meaning, I have to be out of my office BEFORE tomorrow.. NEW people are moving into offices tomorrow. Bah. So me and DH are going in today to move my crap. And it's a lot o' crap. If they had told me this, I would have started Friday. I got stuff all over the walls, my computer stuff, every single drawer I have is full of junk. Then I got boxes of junk behind my desk!!

I told them, my new office doesn't have shelves, and I want to keep the shelves I have.. so they told me to just move it to the new office. That's a far way to haul all this crap. Sunday is normally clean house day, I guess it's a good thing I did it yesterday!

Just got off the phone w/ the Gruene place to talk 'bout a surprise being delivered! NOW I AM EXCITED!!!

Pamela---you are such a tease!!! I am horrible with surprises! I do ok planning them, but have been known to bribe my own children to get them to tell me what a surprise was going to be!!! But dangit none of my kids know about this one.......and I bet Susanne would not be as gullible to tell me!!!

Son is as bad as I am, but the girls were awful!!! You could put a beautiful wrapped gift in front of them, and they would wait til you told them to open it---no sneaking, no shaking, they would go on, like it was not a big deal! Gifts under the Christmas tree were safe around them.......strange kids. Not me---I am a peeker!

Kat

I am miserable.

There, I said it.

Emotionally, physically, spiritually.

Everything is annoying me. Everyone.

When I get like this, I try to count my blessings and then just wait it out. Usually works.

Bleh.

Ditto...except take out the spiritual part and add mentally and that would cover me the past week or so...:thumbup:

We will be fine sista!! :lol:

Good afternoon, Violets..

Michelle and Tracy... sorry you're not feeling up to par today. How's your eye, Michelle????

Church was nice today.. choir sang great. only 7 more Sundays and then we are off for the summer. It will be nice to have my Wednesdays and Sundays with no committments for awhile.

I just finished raking out all the flowerbeds in the front yard. It's neat to see all the new growth under all the old leaves. I hope to get to the backyard tomorrow. Bob is putting together our new patio furniture. We have to get the canvas cover back on the gazebo and then we're in business for sitting out in the fresh air. It's 65 here now and feels wonderful. I opened up windows and let the air in. The cat is loving it cause now she can sit on the windowsill and pretend she's outside.

I worked on my bandiversary gift today and have it like I want it. Now to finish them. Another surprise for you to ponder, Kat!! Im the same way as you... I can't stand not knowing. Each Christmas my brother and I would sneak out and look at all the presents under the tree before my parents woke up. Mind you, both my parents were deaf... so it wasn't a difficult task. Well, not until my parents wisened up and moved their bed to block the doorway. Welllllllll that didn't stop us.. brother and I crept under the bed being careful not to bump the mattress. It was like those army obstacle courses you see. We slithered under and still got to the presents before they knew we did.

Time to get ready for the music performance tonight. I have a little more practicing to do on some iffy sections. Everyone have a good evening. I'll check in here before I head to bed.

No shiner from the fall yesterday... but my shoulder -- OW OW OW!! Oddly, it isn't even bruised! But it hurts from the top near my neck all the way to about 1/2 way between my shoulder & elbow. I mean really excrutiating pain. Weirdest thing ever. I'd go to the doc w/it, but there's nothing to look at & no bumps. Actualy, now that I think of it, I *am* going to the doc for my 3-mo wt loss follow-up (regular doc) on Tuesday... I'll mention it then see what she says.

As I'm typing this, my right hand is hurting... d'ya think it's from my shoulder??

My body is sooooooo sore!

here are a couple quick pics.. if they end up being too big I will delete them.....

TopsyTurvey tomatoes, and the pond that yes has murky Water because we just dumped the chemicals and turned the pump on... its not done but it's looking pretty darn good..... we look down from our deck into it or down from eye level going into the workshop...

The topsy turveys are built in the small part of our back yard (the 5 lots go to the side) the big concrete pad with the large planter on it acutally covers up an OLD well...... so that's why we built the flower box around it.. I had seedum all in it but some got churned up when we dug the post holes for the beams..... in the back are my transplatned rose of sharon trees that come up wild along my fence line on the other side......... also shown... robby, cody and uno the wonderdog..........

post-208811-13813136958444_thumb.jpg

post-208811-1381313695881_thumb.jpg

Tracyks - Let me know how those things work. I watched them on the QVC channel for hours a few weeks ago. I almost bought them. My yard is kinda shaped weird. My house sits funny on my lot so I have huge spaces on each side of my house. I want to plant a big vegetable garden on one of the sides. Eventually... probably not this summer. I want to finish my front yard first...

Terry - did you end up going to the crawfish fest? I'm only a few miles from there. Live right across 45. You should have called me!! I would have met you up there. We bummed around the house all day after church today and then went to my sisters birthday party at my mom's house in the evening. We try to go every year and it's always lots of fun. Are you going to Ifest this year? We try not to miss that one either. So you made your son detail your car? That's what kids are for!! Can't wait to have my own, he he he!! Save the coupon I sent you for another time. I think it has a six month expiration on it...

Judy, I never knew that preachers get summer vacations too! That's so cool! Who gives the sermon on Sundays when your husband is on vacation?

Ok girls. I'm wiped out. I don't really know from what since I wasn't as productive as Tracyks today. But alas, I must go to bed now... Catch up with the rest of ya'll tomorrow...

nighty night

Hi violets~

I have a follow up dr visit this morning so he can see how the antibiotics are doing. I am keeping my fingers crossed but am kind of worried. We'll see.

Tomorrow and Wednesday I have meetings at corporate in Houston. They are boring but it is better than being at my office. The fun part is going to be that I have not seen the houston folks since a year ago this month. They have not seen me since I had just had the surgery done. Should be a day full of NSVs and I am so excited! I look at it as a day to get me rejuvinated to lose these last 5-10 pounds.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Morning Violets~

Another weekend come and gone. I live for 'em, but they go so fast. Yesterday, we stayed in our PJ's all day. We watched Lifetime Movies and ate. Not too much...but munched here and there. 1/2 bag of popcorn (60 cal) and a bottle of Water and I was STUFFED for most of the day. She had spaghetti, I had meat sauce. Low carb cream pops...oh yeah a bowl of Cereal in the am. Not a lot, just seemed full all day.

New day. Planning on going to jazzercise tonight, unless we go to Home Depot to FINALLY buy flowers. Everytime we go, we end up arguing where and what to put 'em...and then we don't get any. So about 5:30 yesterday, we drove around the neighborhood to get an idea. We drove around in our PJ's! Anyway, we will see!

38 more days of school...uugg! Have a great day!

oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox