Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hey Vi's~~

Went to the doc yesterday for my monthly check-up and all is well. I did not get a fill... I'm definitely on the fence about it, I mean, one eve last week I was able to eat and enjoy 1/2 of a steak and cheese sandwich (bun & all!) but then another day less than a cup of tuna salad had me w/the stuck feeling, and on Thurs night a teensy bit of asian bbq pork (cooked all day in the crock pot) had me yacking into the toilet... so my band & I obviously run the gamut here. So... I figure I'd err on the side of caution and *not* get a fill... we'll see how I'm doing/where I am in another month -- + AFTER our trip! I can see maybe getting a little bit more to help kick off the last 30 'til goal or whatever...

DD has riding today, then friends are coming for dinner, so gotta run... make it a great day!!

Hey Terry,

I called you and left a message, but remembered I had the information in an email you sent. Sorry I missed you, I was looking forward to hearing you, haha. I got the info and now (as I type) I am on hold w/ the Inn.

Michelle, I know what you mean. My band is very fickle...sometimes it is WIDE open and other times I PB on the smallest bite of salmon. This week, I've both had no problems w/ crab meat, then the next day, I was stuck. This of course tells me I need to pay attention and slow down!

Off for a bit!

happy weekend, it is 84 here already, not going to last because we are suppose to have storms and a cool front, but mid 60-70 and sun, I'll take that

It is early to open the pool but we went to the store and got a few parts that i needed and I'm filling it up. I'll run the filter and add the beginning cleaners so I can get it clear and ready. No winter cover this year because I didn't have the money to buy a new one, so we put the solar cover on yesterday and are going to let it bake and get warm so when we do officially turn it on for the summer it is nice and warm.

Anyway, going to shower and head to work, tonight is my oven night so i'm sure i'm going to roast

Hey V's, I need some opinions!! Today just building up all this funk and I'm torn on what to do. After the last fill, was super tight for the first 2 says, I blamed on swelling because I was back to being able to eat normal but very small amounts. Down to 229lb. Then I got super duper tight, and everything is a struggle, and the scale is back to 231lb?! I started tracking my intake on myplate just to make sure I'm not eating more than I think I am (I eat more snack things when I feel this tight). I am still 1,200 calories or less, AND WORKING OUT. And at 231!!! Well, I did start TOM 4 days ago.. so I am wondering, think TOM is responsible for the 231 and the tightness? I stopped taking Protein supplements months ago and was losing fine, but I also wonder if I need to start taking them again because I pass on meat unless it's already chopped up nice. Just need some advice or encouragement. Trying to decide what I need to do, or if TOM is just kicking my butt. Since I'm not use to having TOM due to me taking my pills back to back, this is month 2 of having a TOM and last month I wasn't much restricted so I didn't notice much. I am trying to make an effort to get more protein in today.. Had 4 pieces of instant bacon (70 cal, 5g protein) for b'fast.. and I'm making egg salad for lunch, and trying to find a flake tuna recipe for dinner.< /p>

My opinion... give it some time, Laura. Between TOM & your bod getting used to working out, etc... it's just the way it is. I'm sure you'll be bouncing down again soon. + I think the Protein helps + do you drink water/liquids? + try to actually eat 3 meals & limit the Snacks (ha ha... do as I SAY, not as I DO!)... you're doing soooo great... I think it's too soon to freak out... I know, easy for me to say!!

I drink a crap load of Water, just plain water. 60oz+ most days. 40oz on a bad day.

I think out of lack of anything else I can do immediately I'll just try upping my Protein and see where it goes. I am just praying this is TOM issues I'm having, I'll be really pissed if I'm eatin low cal, and working out and not gonna budge! I still have 50lbsish to go!!!!

Laura, I am betting on it being TOM!! What is instant bacon?

I am seriously in a deep funk today, I went shopping to buy some new pants, and looked in the mirror at the store and was sooo heavy. I know I have lost a lot of weight, and I am sooo happy. But, the fact of the matter is I am only five feet and weigh over 200 pounds!!! Plus because I have lost 100 pounds I am droopy/drippy with my old fat. I guess I am just having a bad day, but wow, this really sucks. I still am no where near where I want to be, or should be for health reasons.

I need a fill, I will hopefully get it this Friday, since they cancelled my last appointment the end of March. I think that will make me feel better, I have been bitter about that whole experiance since then.

Oh well have a great weekend!!

Hi Violets...

So much to say...so I will just say goodnight and project my thoughts here cause I am too lazy to type it. :tongue_smilie:

Goodnight...

g'night, Tracy!:tongue_smilie:

Laura, gaining 4-5# is not unsual for TOM... just hang tight and keep drinkin' that water!

I'm pooped...i think i'll go night-night too...very soon.

DD and DH are at the Astros game. DS detailed my car today and he's going out with his friends soon. I'll have the house all to myself for two whole hours! Metal time! Gotta make the most of it.

Manana!

We had one of the most beautiful days here today. Took doggie for a walk up on the parkway and enjoyed it.

Laura, After I joined Curves it took almost 5 weeks before there were any changes. But when they came they made a huge difference. I always tell everyone just starting out to hang in there. It does take a while for the body to adjust. You will reap the benefits soon.

Silly question or did I miss something along the way. Where is Ms. Jen?

post-214709-13813136946149_thumb.jpg

Hi girls~~

I hate that I missed your call Pamela!!! Long ex wife story----so we have an independent caller ID and don't accept blocked calls...wah

I love hearing how other peoples dreams are as wacked out as mine!!!

We spent the day helping Becky and Gary do siding on their house---I am sunburned from my low necked top! Looks goofy!

Then we all went and had Mexican food, I come home showered, and am vegging out, trying to ignore Ricks "I want ice cream" comments!!!

Laura, when I first began working out, I retained a lot of Fluid. It didn't show---I didn't feel swollen---but my weight did not change at all, I kept expecting to see a big change in the scale-and nothing! Then about 3 weeks to a month into it, it absolutely FELL off! So I was totally psyched--thinking it would stay thatway, and I would lose sooooo much weight....well it didn't work that way, it leveled out, and I dropped weight, but never in the huge amount I did the one time. I swear, I did not change at all for the first weeks, then in one weeks time I lost like 13 pounds!!!! I was one hella happy camper!!

My DD is going to see a cardiologist next week, that is in an office at the Heart Hospital of NM, and associated with a cardiac/thorasic surgeon. So scary. Jason come by this morning to bring some paperwork to Rick from work, and he said he was taking her to a play at the college in Durango that she heard about at work, she wanted to see. I am still sooooo mad at him for ruining their marriage, but right now, he is being very good to her, and I am so thankful.

Jane, I feel the same way when I see myself in mirrors. And I wish with all my heart I was the size Laura thinks I am!!! But I am still so wierdly built---it is depressing. Hoping the TT helps, rather than making me just look wierd in a different way!!!

Suzie, is life settling down some? I have such admiration for you---and it makes me really wish I had a sister---very thankful I have Beck, she is always there to take care of me. She and Rick worked out a work schedule so they can both take a few days and be around after my TT. I ask myself all the time how I got so lucky to have them!

Judy-----I want your hot tub tonight!!! We have discussed getting a new one, but not until we get the shop up, and make a decision about whether we are moving or not. We actually discussed selling the TX ranch today----something we have never even considered. Who knows!!

Terry----You are going to have to face the facts girl, and move out the dining table, put in a work bench----and storage for all your goodies. Artists need a place to create!!

TracyK---you ok---your post sounded kinda down in the dumps....hope you are alright.

Well heck, I guess I will ride with Rick, and try really hard to resist ice cream----maybe a Diet DP for a treat.

Oh I had to schedule my unfill for the 13th----I will be wide open in TX---I will be eating like 10 pigs---y'all have to help control me!!!! Rick could only go the 12th, 13th or 14th---with work. We want to ride, it is an amazing ride, over mountain passes, and running along side the white Water rapids in the river--totally cool. I have a final PS consult on the 12th, so it is scheduled to all come out on the 13th! Scary!!!

OK see ya tomorrow---if not later!

Kat

Hey V's~

Long day here. We have a 12 person jacuzzi. However, during thewhen my mom was raising 2 kids and struggling w/ basic needs, fixing the broken jacuzzi was NOT priority. So, she had a great idea. Fill it w/ dirt and make a garden (this after it sat broken for about 2-3 years). So, It still sits today, a big hole w/ dirt in it. And I pulled weeds out of it today! The whole time thinking...man, I wonder how much it would be to get this puppy running again!:confused2:

We finally found our red pots! I'll take some pix tomorrow. They are totally beautiful...and just what we wanted.

We are tooo tired to even eat. Around noon we finally ate...she had eggs and I had mushroom burger w/ only a couple bits of bread. Didn't even finish it. But now...a few chips and we are done.

Have a good night everyone! I was just showing Susanne where were staying, pix of the room, etc. She has been to Schlitterbahn in New Braunsfel, Tx. She did 10 weeks at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio Tx, for medical school! We looked at the sites of where we are staying in SA and Gruene! I am very excited!

nightnight!

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm up early to get ready for church. We went out last night to a church members newly remodeled home for dinner and oh my gosh.......the house was just BEAUTIFUL!! I just drooled all evening looking at all the new bells and whistles. It was just like you see in magazines. Then we came home to our little home with no bells and whistles and I'm thinking... sheesh, they're gonna be really impressed when they come here... NOT!! I don't even have room for eight at my table in the kitchen.. we don't have a dining room, but hopefully we can grill and eat in the backyard which has PLENTY of room.

No use wishing for what you can't have. Dinner was good. Pork tenderloin, corn pudding, baked potato, candied carrots, spinach strawberry salad and a fruit flan for dessert. I had a little bit of everything and lo and behold, everything stayed down!!

I have a flute program this evening, but after church I need to get out in the yard and get some work done. Between Ethan and committments, I haven't had a chance to get much done around here.

Everyone have a relaxing Sunday. 4 Sundays from now we'll be going to church together in Texas. Right?? RIGHT??? :tongue_smilie::tt2:

Today is Annas birthday (my neice) so I am going to go there after church. She doesn't like opening gifts, or really getting them for that matter, so I just put it all in one happy birthday bag. All my relatives should be there today, so it should be fun.

Well I need to get off and hop in the shower!!

Jane

good morning gals

omg i am beat, what a week

I am up to 212 again and holding so I am slightly depressed about that but not going to stress, I am not leaving without a fill next week and a good fill, what ever he puts in me, and i'm walking 3-4 miles every day. Last night was my oven night so i'm sure i'm bloated, I always am on Sunday mornings.

It has been so beautiful here and the storms are not going to be here so sunny and mid 70's all week! I only have a little yard work left in the back yard. The pool will be filled up today and I might get it running and start cleaning it this week. It has been so hot and dry we have no burning going on and now no rain until at least Sat.

Laura - I am in the same place as you. I am not going to obsess about the scale right now, or until my fill - I'm starving after working out and walking, let your body adjust is my suggestion?