Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Michelle~ OMG...that was soooo sweet of you! Thanks so much for the card, which was hilarious, and yes, my whatchamacallit is totally better! Matter of fact, my doctor called today to say the biopsy was benign! I am gonna treat myself to a skinny carmel in the morning! Love ya honey!

Denise~ We know your hands are full...and we will be here for you always! Keep us posted on the first violetitos in our group!

Kat~Major PURPLE POWER for DD! You made me LOL w/ your post about the child (can't remember her name) that worked your name. I know Manuel works hard at getting on my nerves and he does such a good job. He started to use his middle finger to "wipe his eye" when he talks to me. And to "scratch an itch"...litter f*^ker...as if I don't know. Then when I am talking to another student, he moves his mouth like a puppet mimicing (sp?) me. I feel my ears getting hot just typing that...ok, going back to my happy place (AND MANUEL IS NOT INVITED).

OMG...I need to retire for the night. We walked downtown to the streetfair. It was fun!

Goodnight everyone!!!

xoxoxoxoxox

Good morning violets!!

Denise-I am glad you posted. You all look like you are glowing :biggrin2:

TGIF! :)

Terri Ann better check in with us today or I just may have to go to Houston and drag her by the hair in here :lol: (even though I have no idea where she is nad even if I had the address I probably could not find it anyway...:D)

I know I am forgetting o say something to ome of you but I need to get off of here and finish getting ready for work.

Have a super duper day violets!

Good morning V's! I will not be at work due to dH dr appointment and then our 8 yr old has an eye surgeon appointment........ so I'll be away.. I had to come post that I made it through 2 days of no junk and now I'm down again........... whooooooohoooooooooo

Hi guys, just a quick check in, going to drop ds off and then going fr my walk, I'm going to clock it to see how far i'm really going. I know yesterday was 3 miles but i'm doing the hill far walk today

i'll check in later

going to the drive ins tonight, it is going to be 80 here and horton and alvin are playing. so excited I can actally go because I'm not working!

love ya'll

Good Morning, Violets..

Busy day today for me. I'm headed to the hospital to help them out with some clerical stuff they are behind in and need to catch up case the inspectors are coming next week. Then home to do laundry and cleaning and then out tonight to Celebrate my middle child's 30th birthday. Tomorrow is DD's 26th birthday so we're combining the celebration tonight.

My fill seems to be working. I'm satisfied after a few bites of food and don't have the urge to go grazing all day and evening anymore. Haven't checked the scale so I don't know how the pounds are doing, but I feel great and did a purge of one of my closets last night. It felt good to pull out all the size 18/20 stuff knowing I'm never going to wear that size again.

I better get going and get dressed and ready for the day. I slept in knowing we have Ethan overnight tonight and I don't know how much sleep I'll be getting.

Everyone have a great day!!

Had an earthquake here last night at 4:30 a.m. and I was up and felt it. It was weird. I sort of remember an earthquake in the late 60's I was 5 or 6 so I just remember bits of it, but it was a stronger one (at least that is what I think). I think this was a 5.4 on the richter scale and was centered 150 miles away. It was weird, not bad, just weird. Having bad troubles with acid reflux and was awake most of the night, when I wasn't awake I threw up in my bed (am I 5!). Luckily it was only on me and one pillow, so that was easy to take care of. This reflux stuff is for the birds, I have been fighting with this since December!!

Haydee, TracyK, and Terry--do you all live in Houston? How far do you live from each other. I have looked at a map and Houston is really spread out!!

Kat purple thoughts to you and your dd.

It doesn't really count as a day off Tracyks, with not fun stuff, but try to have a little fun?!?

CONGRATS PAM ON YOUR BIOPSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer, Judy, Michelle, Laura, and Susie----Happy Friday!!!

Just think 4 weeks from right now, most of us will be in the process of meeting up!!!!!!! I am very excited!!!

Jane

Just talked to my mom, and she told me my dad had been coughing and waking her up all night (allergies) and when she woke up with the bed shaking (earthquake) she thought my dad was having a seizure!! I guess she figured those allergies were worse than she thought!!! Just wanted to post that real fast before I am off to work.

Have a great day!!

We had an earthquake here last night too! It was small, I think like 4.3 @ 8:30. It was centered about 30 miles away. I didn't feel it though. I've lived through some bad ones in my day.

Gotta run, have a great day!

Wow that's neat, anytime we get the effects of someone's earthquake, I never am awake. Never felt one yet! Sometime last year someone said we had a decent one that knocked stuff off people's tables. Of course, I was asleep!

Well, I got most of my clothes gone and Kat, that shirt you wanted me to hold for you, everyone who has responded wanted it! lol. I got it tucked with my V gifts!

I still can't believe you wear that size though, I would have guessed a 12/14!!

Same ol', I'm extremely behind in homework, lots to do and still no motivation to do it. So close to the end, argh!!

Anyone watch Survivor last night and jaw drop when Ozzy was voted off?! I didn't even see it coming, since they read 4 Jason's at first!

I got tons of BCBS claims today, they paid everything at the hospital that night.. thank god, it tallied up to over $9,000!!!!

I still think some of this is crap, there's like 12 doctor claims, I only saw 1 doctor, 1 cat scan, maybe 1 other person to read it.

There was one that didn't get paid, $140 said the person was not elligible. So I called the clinic asking why they gave me someone who wasn't covered my BCBS and then didn't tell me up front. They pulled it up, they are covered. So I called BCBS (was scared to stir up the pot and make them say "Oh we shouldn't have paid any of this!").

So they said they do cover, and are resubmitting that one. Whew.

But back to how insurance & hospitals screw people over, if BCBS didn't cover, I'd owe some $9,000... but insurance only had to pay about $2,000 total. Hrmph.

Happy Friday Violets!! I live for weekends!! he he he

Denise! So happy you checked in!! Can't wait to see those two baby boys when they're born!

Jane - you ok from last night? Do you throw up often? So sorry about your reflux. I know you've told your doctor about that but I just don't see how they can't do anything for you. That can't be good for your band. Have you ever had your band checked with flouro when you go do a fill?

Yes, TracyK, Terry and I live in "Houston" but in reality it's all suburbs of Houston. Terry lives in Katy, which is left of Houston, I live in Spring, which is north and Tracy lives in Dickinson, which is far far far south. I'm sure if we all lived a little more centralized we'd be able to socialize!

Laura - loved all your clothes! Everything is so cute!

So my sisters 29th birthday is this Sunday. I have to bake a cake for her party. I cant decide what to make... We're having a big crawfish boil for her at my mom's house... Hope it doesn't rain...

Well last night at the gym I was actually able to stay on the eliptical for a full 10 min without feeling like I was going to fall over. I know some of you can go hours on this thing but when I first started excersising I could only do like 30 seconds before I felt like I wanted to die... I've come a long way...I also did butt excersices and thigh excersices. And I can't spell excersice or michael or assett. I always have trouble with those words...

LOL Haydee, I couldn't spell tomorrow until last year. Someone said, to morrow...and it stuck. I was a great speller until I studied word formations, now, I constantly doubt myself...and am usually wrong.

Hi Girlz!

Yeah, Jane...Tracy, Haydee and I all live in "Houston"...but none of us live within its city limits. On the map below Haydee is "A", I am "B" and Tracy is "C"!!!

Jenn!! I am SO excited for you!! See? There was a reason you lost that attorney job....so you could get this one!! Way to go, girlfriend!

TracyinKS -- that picture was hilarious! yeah, I thought i was fat at 5'7" and 135#. I think if we weren't skin and bones like some of our friends, we were "fat". I wish I had pics of me in my bikini when I was 19.... but I wouldn't dare let anyone take my picture!! oy.

Laura - people are idiots. I hate people. (BTW, ya'll are NOT "people")

Denise - You look radiantly happy! Congratulations to you on ALL the happy stuff you have going on!! Life is good, eh?? :)

Pammy - I am greatly relieved to hear the news about your biopsy!! Not that I was worried or anything! :sad: Just glad to have it confirmed. How are you feeling other than the sh*thead kid buggin' you? Back to normal yet?

I've been busy...sorry to be away. I have just been so freakin' pumped about this metals class I've been taking that I spend all my free time online looking at new tools, books, copper, silver and stuff. I fill up my "shopping cart" with tons of stuff then think to myself, "What the hell do you think you're doing???" :eek: So then I dump out the shopping cart and start over again at another store! LOL In the last two weeks i've learned how to hand saw, drill, rivet and solder. Next week i learn how to bezel-set a stone. I'm gonna have to join a metalsmithing message board :tt1: so I can get all this out of my system. (like that's ever gonna happen)

Anyway......... gotta get back to work. Laterz!

post-213702-13813136917234_thumb.gif

Heya Girls~~~

Well I fly in from TX on the 19th, and have surgery the morning of the 20th!!! I actually, almost had it this coming Wed!!!!!! But all he had was an afternoon slot, and he wants it a morning surgery---so then the next opening was the 6th---which was not enough recovery time between it and out trip.....so I said as soon after the 19th as he can do it--------so the morning of the 20th!

He said he can hopefully do it as a day surgery....I will go home with usually 3 drains, which will stay in a week. I am unfortunately not an ideal candidate for this surgery to end up totally smooth. I go from having enourmous amounts of flesh in the front, to nothing but skin on bone on my hips, nothing to smooth out the transition. So he said I might end up with a small pucker on the very ends of the incision, which we can debrade off in a year or so in an office procedure. He says I will not have the belly of an 18 year old---but it will be flatter, and taut. At this point ANYTHING is an improvement.

DD goes to her PCP today---which she has to do for the rest of her referrals, but she also wants to talk to him...just to talk to him! She worked for him for a couple of years, and she knows he can look up her things on the computer, and discuss what he thinks of the tests with her. He knows her, he knows how to talk to her, and yet will be totally honest with her. She feels a need to hear what he thinks of it all---so it is a good thing, then her ultrasound will be done.

Rick said he wants her to go to his cardiologist in Albq. and she agreed. So I mentioned all of this to my surgeon, and he said not to worry, he knows kids come first.

So......I am scheduled around the trip, the only thing that will cause a change would be disaster with Manda.

Pamela, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO relieved to hear your biopsy come back benign! I cannot even tell you! That is such excellent news!

Well I need to go see what the heck Rick is destroying in the garage, I hear crash! Bang! BOOM! Uh oh!

TTYL~~~

Kat

Kat~ I am soooo glad for your surgery date! What a better way to mend from a 4 day all girls weekend than to have surgery! I love it. You will have soooo much Purple Power w/ you. I can't imagine a flat stomach...never had one. Good for you!

Terry~ Good to "hear/see" from you again. I am sooo jealous that you found something you LOVELOVELOVE to do. I was thinking the other day...I wonder what I'll leave behind. What legacy, artifact, something will be here after me. Since I don't have kids...what will I leave. You will have beautiful jewlery pieces that will grace the Earth. Plus children, grandchildren, etc. That is totally cool.

Gotta run save the future generation from math errors.

I had the healthiest lunch...and now I am craving junk. Why o why...I try to be good...but suck at this.

I had lettus, tomatoes, 1/4 avocado and my home made sal dressing which is sooo good (2:1 red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar: EVOO lite, italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp of minced garlic, 1/4 tsp of dehydrated onion) with this I had about 5 oz of imitation crab meat! Yummy and soooo healthy. NOW I WANT CRAP!!!