Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good morning Violets!!!

Terry---sounds like a fabulous weekend! I am so glad you enjoyed it! I had one of those moments---kicked back in my chair, reading a good book....looked up through the open front door, and the skies were blue, the grass is turning green...I could hear Rick's music in the backyard where he was working...the house around me was relatively clean----just one of those times, everything seemed "right". Glad you had that too!!!

Sorry you are sick Tracy---lots of rest, Fluid, and LBT......feel better!

Pamela---take it easy today! That is awesome that you are getting your chest/armoire fixed! You are right, you don't come across people who take responsibility like that very often.

Kinsey come in, and crashed out as soon as her tummy got full!!! She is across the room, and I can hear her breathing hard and deep---sound asleep--making me jealous!!! But if I go back to sleep, then I won't sleep well tonight, and my wake/sleep cycles will be all off!!! Better to hang tough now, and sleep at night when I am supposed to. LOL

My appointment is this week! YAY!!! I just need to find out when so I know when to schedule the unfill, and what to plan for.

I think I am taking my Mom to town today. She said she needs to go shopping, and that is usually my hint to offer!!! LOL. She was sick for 2 weeks with the upper respiratory junk, so we have not gone in awhile. So I am sure she does need to go.

Jane---I hate when I notate only part of something. I try to write it on one of my calendars, then put it in here so I get reminded--but it doesn't always work!!!

Haydee--did you make tons of money on your yard sale? Can I have a loan?????

Well I better get some things done while the girlie sleeps. Will check in later......

Hugs~

Kat

Morning V's!!

Something my mom told me last time I was sick with sinus problems, I tested her theory and she was right. I had a cold I guess..or allergies. I took allergy medicine (benadryl or claritin) and she said, it keeps you from draining, it stops it all up, and it turns into a sinus infection. Sure enough, she was right. So now I use things that do not stop the drainage.. like Zicam nose swipes (I swear by these!!).

Hope you feel better Tracy!!!

I am not ready for Monday, I'm so tired! I NEEDED to take a shower this morning, but I woke up throughout the middle of the night (again) with diarhea, so by time morning came I did not want to get up, missed the time frame, so now my hair is gross. I have dentist appt. this afternoon, can't wait to get them cleaned up.

Guess what dh told me!? There's a chance he'll have to go to 2 conferences at WALT DISNEY WORLD in the end of Oct/early Nov! Stinker!!! :rolleyes2:

(You all should know me well enough by now to know that I'm ALREADY trying to figure out how the kids & I can tag along for a weekend or so... I am SO sneaky like that... he he he...)

DH's family just e-mailed us pics, they're so proud.. his dad made it on the cover of some magazine.. and he's really done this a lot, so I'm not sure why this one is different.. maybe they just gave them the digital copies to e-mail so now they sent.

But this is DH's dad, this is what his parents do for a living, they train and show uhm.... crap, I forget what this is. Some sort of horse stuff, but not western- I know western lol. We go to their shows when they come local (there's only 1 a year), and I gotta say it's really a lot of fun. They are so intense, and being behind the scenes with it, we get to see all the 'problems' people are having with their horses which is the stuff I like. I also watch those tv shows where things go wrong. And he's won first place in every division for the show he comes to locally, which is neat.

Cover & Inside Cover

mag1.jpg

mag2.jpg

Wow, that horse looks like it's really working hard! Look at how high its legs go up!! Wowza! That is cool!

Hey... absolutely none of my business, but... did you all ever figure out what your MIL was spending all that $$ on???

This is hilarious Michelle, when I was looking at her FIL's pic---the same question popped in my mind!!!

Do tell Laura!!!

Kat

I love the suits the men wear, I wanted DH to wear one to our wedding, but we couldn't find a place to rent them :rolleyes2:

I don't think they ever figured out where her money went-- but they figured out they were leaking money like crazy in the business. Their horses are worth somewhere from 200-500k depending on how many champions they win, and they don't own many, mostly they train, board & show other people's horses. Well they never raised the gas cost to the customers, and they travel all over the east coast. So that's one way they were losing money. Also, one horse is owned by a friend, but still owes something like 150k on the horse, and they never collected, so they decided they are giving him an ultimatum to pay his bills or they will sell the horse for the money. He made some changes, raised board & gas, and his mom is no longer in control of the money..

So far I haven't heard anything that it's not getting better, so I assume he helped them. I wondered if DH would find out where the money went also, but he never could pin point it.

Edited by FairyFacade

Morning girls!! It was a wonderful weekend here. Yes, we did really good at our garage sale. Not as good as last time but not too bad for a Saturday afternoon. We always make a party of it! We had tons of fun, kids and lots of dogs running around all over the place. Pure chaos but I love it! Sunday was a lazy day. We got up late, ate Breakfast and then wandered to the garden store to see what other plants we could get. Ended up getting some calla lilies for some planters that I want in my backyard. I'll have to take some pictures for ya'll. These flowers are gorgeous.

Well my one year bandaversary (sp?) was yesterday... Spent alot of time thinking about it. While I was hunched over in my flower bed with mulch up to my elbows I was thinking how grateful I was that I was able to do that. A year ago I would have been sitting on a very big lawn chair, under a tree, suffocating from the heat and watching Juan do all the fun stuff. I did get a little teary eyed and Juan saw me and asked me what was wrong. I told him that I was just thinking back to all the years I wasted by being fat. All the years that went by that I coudln't participate in anything and just felt horrible about it. The moment passed when he came over and hugged me and he was able to wrap both his arms around me all the way around. I felt so tiny and realized that I shouldn't concentrate in the past, just focus on the now. I am never going back to feeling like that. NEVER EVER.

I'm off to a quick meeting but I'll be back. I have lots I need to chatter about...

Aww Haydee happy bandiversary, isn't the band amazing?

I literally think about it anytime I have to walk more than 20ft, I go.. thank you band!!

Anyone else notice Boo boo kitty is the pic at the top? How neat, I just noticed!

Morning V's!!

Something my mom told me last time I was sick with sinus problems, I tested her theory and she was right. I had a cold I guess..or allergies. I took allergy medicine (benadryl or claritin) and she said, it keeps you from draining, it stops it all up, and it turns into a sinus infection. Sure enough, she was right. So now I use things that do not stop the drainage.. like Zicam nose swipes (I swear by these!!).

Hope you feel better Tracy!!!

A lot of people are not clear about what they should take for a cold and/or allergies. If you already have a cold and your head is full of junk you need to take a 'decongestant'...which will help your head drain. This is also why you need to drink lots of fluids when you have a cold....to keep the mucus from getting gunked up. (lovely visual)

When you have allergies...like in the spring or fall...and you've just got the sniffles and itchy, watery eyes...then you take an 'anti-histamine' (like Benadryl or Claritin) to help ease the allergic reactions to the irritants.

Laura, I can't see the pics from work :rolleyes2: I love horses...I'm just a bit afraid of them! But I think they are stunning animals. I even have a painting over my fireplace of 3 mustangs running in the desert. I never get tired of looking at it.

I love horses too, we use to own them growing up (Western Style), and one of them had a foal I named Simba (around Lion King time). He ended up getting opossum's disease and we donated him to Auburn University for finding a cure. Wow this seems like forever ago. I am afraid of running on a horse, I've never done it. I have trotted, and walked, but anytime I tried to do running, I immediately lost all my balance (which I have little of to begin with) and panicked and stopped the horse. I love being around horses, I don't think I've ever been scared of them. They seem so intelligent and aware!

Well we all know my stance on horses!!!!

I still have Apple/boob lady on my top header......hmmmmmm

Look forward to hearing your chatter Haydee!! Big hugs to you for your emotional happy bandiversary moment!!!

Kat

I've got an "I Love Lucy" wannabe in a leopard-print shirt on the top of my page... hmmmmm...