Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Okay I have a question for all the moms out there, what is the name of the book that is something like--'horrible no good day'? Alexander's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Had a day like that today, nothing major, actually nothing major at all, just very minor things that drove me CRAZY!!! Made me think of that book and wondered what the name was.

Judy how much snow total did you guys get?? How odd to get snow in April or does that happen every now and again in Minnesota? We got 2 inches, but it didn't stay on the ground. I don't know about Minnesota. I live in Michigan!

I watched "The Memory Keepers Daughter" and then called my mom and dad to see if I could ride with them to church and she was crying!!!! At first I was alarmed, and then I realized it was the movie!! I liked the book much more. I always like seeing a movie that I have read the book, although I think I should have casted this movie, I would have done a much better job!!

Well I am going to hop in bed and watch some tv and then lights out til tomorrow, have a good one!!!

Jane

sleep well, Jane!

Nothing ringing a bell for me with the book Jane!!! Sorry. Some books, I could recite, but that is not clicking!

We had a nice ride, but it was cold, we were fully leathered up, but it was still chilly. Took me the rest of the day to warm up. I sat in the yard in a black jacket in the sun, and watched Rick paint the newest trailer.....absorbed some heat!!!

Then we went and had some Mexican food for dinner----sooooo good!

Now we are just vegging, been holding down the sofa. We actually had to laugh we have wallered (is that a real word??) and wiggled, and taken turns laying down, and done everything imaginable to avoid getting up!!! Finally I had to hit the shower, so my hair could dry before going to bed. So now I guess we will go to bed.

Hoping to get another ride in tomorrow. We had a new little bull born today, he is solid red--no white showing anywhere, that is odd!

I keep getting a flicker on my screen--I am going to post before I lose this!

Hugs~

Kat

See----my post would not go through--finally just saw it! I was re doing it---it must have had like a 40 minute lag------ wierd!

Anyway our movie is over, we are really off to bed now!!

See ya tomorrow!

Kat

Judy beat me to it! I am not a mom...but a teacher might know the answer too! Hope tomorrow is better!

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Susanne and I bought my brother an Ipod for his birthday. He came over and we got him all set up w/ itunes, etc. This is his first MP3 player...he loves it! Then he stayed and watched the movie, There will be Blood. I do not recommend it...good acting, but eh? Not for everyone.

OK...gotta run! Have a great night everyone. Hopefully I won't be posting at 4am again.

Mich and Minn both start with an "M" do I get credit for that??:lol::lol:

Thanks for the name of the book, I knew this was the place to turn!!!

Jane

I CAN'T SLEEP!! Just thought you all would like to know that!! Four hours till the alarm for church goes off. It should be a really good service, it is youth Sunday and it is done by all the young people (no older than a senior in h.s.) in our church, they even do the sermon! It is inspiring that they are so composed and able to do this.

I'm gone for 2 days and you people just go on without me as if all is right with the world!? I had like 4 pages of posts to catch up on!!!

First of all....Pammie...I'm glad you're home and it sounds as if you're resting pretty comfortably. (((HUgs)))) When are you scheduled to go back to work?

Re: Spiders. Hmmm. Well, I am one of those people who doesn't kill bugs or spiders....I scoop them up in a dustpan and drop them outside. I don't like to kill anything!! I don't, however, have the same fuzzy feelings about cockroaches. I spray those suckers until they're drowning in it.

As for the river... of all the times i've been there I've never seen a snake. You gotta remember that there are thousands of people on that river on any given weekend day and I feel pretty sure they just hang out under a rock and wait til dusk ...after all those crazy toobers have gone home. I do tend to stay away from the banks just for that reason....just in case. Snakes do scare the hell outta me. I grew up in Louisiana, across the street from the Vermillion River, and I saw my share of snakes to last a lifetime! I feel sorry for them.... they get a bad rap.

The party was great fun and we pulled off the surprise part just perfectly. She was definitely surprised. But OMG!!! This house we went to was UNBELIEVABLE. They invite us down all the time but I've never gone before. Uh.... that's gonna change!! She is a gourmet cook and has a fabulous kitchen. They are wonderful, very sweet people...perfect hosts...I will definitely take them up on their next offer!! They live on the canal in the inland coastal area .... very close to where NASA is. I took these pics with my iPhone so they're not the best...but gives you a glimpse.

post-213702-13813136902388_thumb.jpg

post-213702-13813136902667_thumb.jpg

TracyinKS - I'm sorry you are having these issues with DH. I can relate so much to what you're saying. Nothing pushes my Bitch Button faster than when I feel like someone is telling me what I can or cannot do!!! My DH has the same issue because his ex-wife just ran all over him for 20 years...and he was never able to effectively change the situation...and ended up divorced...which was very much against his belief system. Anyway...as a result after 7 years of marriage and our own struggles with these issues we have learned to give each other lots of freedom and independence. Y'know what they say...."if you love someone, set them free..." and it definitely works in our marriage. We do our own thing many times but enjoy each others company very much too. It's what I like best about our marriage.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that DH and I both struggled with those insecurity, power and jealousy issues for many, many years....both together and in our previous marriages....and discovered the hard way that NOT asserting your independence will come back to bite you in the ass in a big way. The delicate ballet is how to achieve that independence without looking like you're trying to pull away!!

Well, I'm rambling... Kahlil Gibran says it much, much better than I do:

On Marriage

You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.

You shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.

Ay, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.

But let there be spaces in your togetherness,

And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.

Love one another, but make not a bond of love:

Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.

Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.

Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf

Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,

Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.

For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.

And stand together yet not too near together:

For the pillars of the temple stand apart,

And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.

Good Morning, Violets..

I'm dressed for church and sitting here choking down my oatmeal with raisins. A year ago I'd never have even considered oatmeal. I loathed it! And here I am having a bowl most mornings. I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks.

Laura!!!!! OMG.. your before and after pics are amazing!! What a difference in your appearance and your smile!!

Terry....the houses are beautiful. YOu gotta take some pictures of the inside next time!

Time to get the car warmed up and head to church. It's 27 degrees out this beautiful Spring (cough, cough) morning!

Everyone have a great day. Make wise choices and drink, drink, drink!

Whatever happened to Lunasa, Cindy, Adorable and Panda?? Did we scare them off??

Morning girls

I took a muscle relaxer last night and feel so much better, a little pain this am but nothing like yesterday. I'll take another tonight and hope that will be my cure all.

We are heading up to my sisters today, BIL is going to go over some stuff with me on what to expect out of this job so I can exceedingly shine at my 2nd interview.

The cafe is set to open in 2 weeks, they are busting their butts now so can open a week before mothers day. That will be so good so i can pay back the loan I'm going to have to take from my mom. I am just so completely stressed out - I hate to tell her how much I need for the next 30 days.

Oh well, i'll have income in 2 weeks

I hope you all have a good day, it is damp and rainy here for today and tomorrow then beautiful for the rest of the week.

going to get lots of yard work done

Thank you Judy! I haven't changed much since last month's pics, but since it's my 1 year, I wanted to take them anyway.

I think Panda may be preoccupied getting ready to be a mom.

Where is Denise?!?!?!?!

Hey Roomie Pam....

I think Walmart here got wind of your surgery. There was a whole shopping cart full of Kotex on clearance! I thought of you when I saw it. :biggrin::tt2::biggrin:

We just got home from a great ride. We rode up to the dam, the Water level is coming up quickly!!! Then stopped at a little place, had some tea, and the 4 of us shared an order of nachos. Took a few side roads, and slowly meandered on home. Was nice.

Rick finished this trailer, he is just adding his lights etc, and I guess the guy he sold the last one to, already said he wants this one too....I didn't know that. He told me when he comes to pay for it, to sit the money aside so I can take it to TX--yay!!!!!

I am off to chop some veggies and make a salad to go with some steak we are grilling. Summer is so easy---if Rick can have steak and salad, he is a happy guy! Tonight he is getting surf & turf with salad. I have some shrimp ready to skewer and grill too...I used to would have eated the steak---all of it! A skewer of shrimp....would have baked potatoes, and loaded them......and I would have been miserable for hours. Now I will eat a shrimp, maybe 2......some steak and a small salad. I cannot tell you the last time I actually baked a potato was!!! LOL It is too much work, to bake them, get the butter/sour cream/cheese/bacon bits/chives ratio juuuuuuuust right, to take 2 bites and be done!! Not worth the effort!

I will try to get back here and check in before bed----but we were up in the night, the phone rang, and it was a wierd call----not upsetting, but irritating---so we didn't get a lot of sleep. It is also the night I watch all my shows!!! So if I don't get back, I will check with you loverlies tomorrow!!

Hugs~~~

Kat

Hey all...

Busy weekend + my Mom was here, so didn't have much time to jump on the 'puter. And when I *did*... well, the monitor was DEAD again! This time DH couldn't fix it, so he bought me a new one today. It's more wide than tall, and the colors or contrast or something is off, so I'm having a hard time adjusting to it... oh well... whatcha gonna do?

Mom & I had a GREAT time at the knitting session today... it was so wonderful to have her here for the weekend... I wish we lived closer where I could see her more regularly where we could just hang out... she's about an hour or so away, and mostly we get together for a reason... so there's not so much just sitting around on the porch drinking coffee chatting about whatever... but we're usually busy doing whatever it is, or we're in a large family gathering... maybe someday...

Sweet dreams, everyone!