Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Morning girls

i'm down another .5 today, slowing down i guess, but i'll take it, i'm back to my start weight for the contest so now everything I get credit for.

My back has been hurting so very badly, during the day i'm not too bad, but at night, i just cant seem to lay anyway without feeling like i'm going to die. I am going to make an appt with my pcp next week I just can't function not sleeping and the pain is horrible. ughhhhhhhh

have to work tonight - everyone wants me to take my hours back, i just can't do it - i miss it because i'm home but i can't go back to nights

Good morning, well the spider didn't have an evil twin that got me (You think I have been watching soaps too long??)

Pam the size of your feet????? OHMY!!! I think I would be dead from the shock. If my neighbor underneath me heard me last night she probably wondered what was going on!!! Glad you are doing okay.

Well I am off to get ready for work!!

Have a good day and hope you make lots of Money Haydee!!!

Jane

my house was empty for a couple of years when i moved in, I had only had 1 wolf spider experience before then. OMG, my neighbors laugh at me but i buy spider killer by the gallon and spray the entire outside of my house 3-4 times a year so they never come back. I set bombs off in the garage, I only did that once last year and there was the biggest dead spider on the floor I've ever seen.

Nightmares for weeks. If i could afford the pest control I would, but it is $500 a year for them to take care of the mice. I'll stick to my gallon of spider spray> LOL

My mom has a house in Sedona - she says when it rains in the spring the tranchilla's (sp) come out of the large hole in the ground to get dry, they would be everywhere, in offices, hospitals, houses, she had one just walking up her stairs.... and she wanted me to go out there... I THINK NOT

Merry Christmas, Violets. Oh wait... It's April, isn't it?? Can't tell by looking outside here. We got 2 inches of snow last night and it's still snowing big, fluffy flakes. It's pretty, but dang it... it's supposed to be SPRING!!!

We have our lapband support group this morning. I'm anxious to see how many we have. I'm sure the weather is going to make it hard for some people to get there. Today is just talking, but next month I'm having a nutritionist come in to speak.

Obviously we are not working in the yard today as planned, but we have lots of work to do inside. The moulding is almost all done and now we have to do the wood trim on the wall corners. I have curtains to hem and the Bobster has the curtain rod to hang here in the breezeway and then this room will be finished. I'm really pleased with the results in both rooms.

Roomie.. great to hear you are doing ok. Relax today and don't overdo!!

Tracyk.. your comments echo what I feel. If I don't lose another pound, I am happy with what I have done so far. And I too will be working hard on losing, but the pounds are not the focus for me now. I'm into judging by my clothes and my attitude. I'm at my lowest weight in about 30 years right now and couldn't be happier. I still have my goal to work towards, but I know it's going to be slow going from here on in and I'm ok with that.

TracyinKS... I wouldn't begin to give you words of advice cause I have never had the issues you are experiencing. You received great advice from those that have been through it. I can only offer my support and lots of Purple Power. So if I don't respond right away, it's not because I don't care. I just need to give those that have suggestions time to respond.

The Bobster just reminded me we have to leave in about 40 minutes and I'm not dressed yet so I better get off here. Everyone have a great day, make wise choices, drink that Water and enjoy your Christmas presents!!!:biggrin:

Well, it is rainy out here after a beautiful week. Here is the thing... I raked up the yard the other day and with the sun and rain, OMG, the grass is getting long and very green. Mom is going to get me a lawn mower today - it is going to rain for the 3 days and back in the high 40's but by friday it is going to be 70 here... I'll have a jungle LOL

I'm so glad it is spring, now if it can just be nice enough out at night i'll start walking again. I am going to clean out the stroller so i can take ds with me, he would like to walk but would never survive the 3 mile treck i do.

Merry Christmas to you too Judy :biggrin:

Terri-how was the party for your friend? Did we get tipsy? lol

DD is at my moms and I am sitting here on my butt cause dh is on call so I guess that means I have to put on hold anything I wanna do. UGH I am frustrated!!!

Whatever you all do today, have fun & be careful!!

The weather is about to make me sad!! We've had 70-80 degrees for about 2 weeks, yesterday we had tornadoes, and tomorrow it's suppose to be 30!!!!! All the grass is full, my plants are HUGE (me and DH were shocked) and flowers blooming (but NOT my azaleas?!). Tomorrow everything gonna get shocked. Grr.

I can't believe you have snow Judy! I can't believe we're going to be in the 30's. Global warming? Where?!

...And I don't even want to think about tarantulas, I watch that weird foods show, and when the guy was eating fried ones, I had to fast forward, it freaks me out too much to see such things.

Snakes! ACK! That's what gets me. Swear to me that there aren't any in our toobin' river, Terry!!!

Took ds to get the top of his head highlighted today... looks good... but what I don't understand is this... I didn't have enough $ to highlight mine, so now it's all dark, except where all the GREY is flecking through... so how is it that HE got HIS done??? I am just too good of a mom, is all. (Oh, and btw, I *AM* getting my hair done before our trip... $ or no $!!!)

Signed DD up for poms.

Am now doing house-y things before my mom gets here to help w/taking the kids to activities today, as dh is still out of town. I'll be driving the 1.5 hrs EACH WAY to ds's State Cup soccer game (so a total of about 5 hrs of my life today) while she takes dd to her riding, which is MUCH closer & more fun for her to watch.

Then tomorrow it's ANOTHER soccer game AND... mom & I signed up for a "Sunday Sojourn" knitting class @ the local yarn shop... we're going to work on making a "Smaller Footprint Market Bag" project... cool! At least it's some time for ME!!!

That's it from here for now... scale is down to 231 even today... I go next Fri for a check-up/fill (but don't think I need one) & would *LOVE* to be @ 227... we'll see... TOM should be on its way any minute... I usually lose well that week...

TTFN... Make it a great one, Vi's!

I just went to make a payment on my Sears credit card, and there's a $140 charge + $5 foreign exchange fee from last month in Denmark. So, my card number was stolen. Luckily, they cover fraudulent charges but I can not figure out how someone could have gotten the card info!!! Both cards are in our possession, and we've only ever used it IN STORE at our local Sears, last time was last August. We've never used this online, etc. It was used at a sports store in Denmark, which I guess takes Sears Card (I thought only Kmart & Sears took this card). Must be something happened on their end and CC numbers were leaked. If anyone has a Sears Card, make sure you check your statement!

Morning Violets-well almost afternoon. We had to go see a friend who had a booth set up at the flea market----Rick wanted to buy a knife he had (he collects old USA made knives---as well as a few German made ones). Did that, ate the crispy center out of Ricks fry bread......yummmmmmm

Now we have the bike warming for a ride!!! BBL~~~

Kat

Good afternoon, Violets.

It's still snowing here, but not sticking to the ground anymore. Everything is now just wet and muddy.

We had 7 at our support group meeting. I'm sure the weather kept several from venturing out. One of the new ladies has had the band since last May and has only lost 15#. We talked with her a lot. She thought the band was going to do it all and she didn't have to work at it. She's going to switch doctors too since she has not seen her doctor since the surgery, only the nurses for a fill. We all talked about how the weight loss has slowed down and how we are all trying to get our motivation back. I feel more motivated now that I am in my second year and I feel much better not even thinking about a scale. I haven't weighed in since we started our contest. I won't weigh until Monday when I go in for a fill. I need to work on my head, concentrate on what I'm putting in my mouth now and not worry about numbers. I'm only going to worry about numbers when I go in for fills. That's my new attitude. We'll see how long that lasts!!

Lazy day today. We're headed to Home Depot to pick up some trim and that's about it for the day. Might even squeeze a nap in!!

Catch ya later!

Hey V's~

We are back from Breakfast and a beautiful drive. The BMW had been in the garage for a few weeks, so we took it and cruised in the "dream neighborhoods". The "If I won the lottery neighborhoods...". It is 95 here and it was a beautiful morning. I had the best breakfast too. Scrambled egg whites, 4oz chic breast, sautee'd roma tomatoes (my fav) and avocado. OMG I loved it and ate all of it. Gonna call on Monday for a fill now that Friday is over w/. Anyway, it was supper yummy and healthy!

Janie~Thanks for the card. That was soooo sweet. Someone sent me flowers too, and I am waiting for them to be delivered!!!!

OK...I am relax and watch There Will Be Bold.

Have a great afternoon!

xoxoxo

Judy-I just read you post and we are in the same frame of mind about the whole thing now. Glad to know that someone understands where my head is and can relate.

Pam-glad you are feeling a little better. So you have "if I win the lottery" neighborhoods too :lol:

Jane-I told my dh about your spider experience and he looked up a wolf spider on the web and showed me a picture and we were both freaked out over what they look like!! EEEK!

Michelle-I always do really well in weight loss the week before my TOM too...I wonder why that is?! I'll take it whenever though...lol

Good evening, Violets.

It finally stopped snowing and raining so I'm headed out to the hot tub for some exercise and relaxation. Didn't do much of anything today. I took a nap and then we went to Walmart to get a few things. We didn't get the trim cause the Bobster said it wouldn't fit in the Buick so we'll take my Aztek in tomorrow and get it. It was the perfect weather today for just being lazy and we took advantage of it. Monday we head down to the docs for a fill. As I've told you before, it's a four hour trip so we make a day of it. I'm not going to do any clothes shopping this time as I have tons that I need to sort through. I'm confident all the winter things I bought this year will be too big for me next winter so I need to start packing them away for a garage sale in June. DD and I will do that before our cruise to earn a little bit of extra spending money.

Everyone take care. sleep well. Catch you tomorrow!!

Okay I have a question for all the moms out there, what is the name of the book that is something like--'horrible no good day'?

Had a day like that today, nothing major, actually nothing major at all, just very minor things that drove me CRAZY!!! Made me think of that book and wondered what the name was.

Judy how much snow total did you guys get?? How odd to get snow in April or does that happen every now and again in Minnesota?

I watched "The Memory Keepers Daughter" and then called my mom and dad to see if I could ride with them to church and she was crying!!!! At first I was alarmed, and then I realized it was the movie!! I liked the book much more. I always like seeing a movie that I have read the book, although I think I should have casted this movie, I would have done a much better job!!

Well I am going to hop in bed and watch some tv and then lights out til tomorrow, have a good one!!!

Jane