Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

HAPPY BANDAVERSARY!!! My skinny roomie. Thank goodness your skinny, cause I sure the hell am not! xoxoxooxox

Michelle~ You know what pizza tastes like, right? You don't need no stinkin' pizza tonight! I am riding your wave vicariously ;) so keep up the good work!

What do I win if I gain during our contest? There should be some prize. Last night the trap door (my mouth) opened...and never closed. Man, I never was a night eater...just a regular one. This is new...and I am a fat cow! F*CK!

I am off to mass, preop appointments, labs, and Walmart! I am looking forward to mass, haven't been in since I was in San Jose!

BBL

xoxoxoxoxoxox

Happy Bandiversary Judy!!

I was 231lb yesterday, so I've lost 2lb since the contest started. DOH!!! We shoulda had this contest a month or so ago when I was steadily losing 2-3lbs a week ;)

We get free pizza today at the company meeting, but I don't like pizza, so no temptation there. If they have a veggie pizza I'll pick the toppings off, otherwise I'll make some oatmeal.< /p>

I was 190 today! nothing for the contest......

I just posted this on my blog..... it shows where my head is at I think.

Yesterday I recieved a FedEx overnight packet inviting me to be on the Lap-Band Patient Experience Council.. get this.. the conference is to be held in VEGAS and yes they are paying my way!!!!! I will have to be in a meeting 8-5 on Saturday and 8-Noon on Sunday…….. but HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!

Suprisingly, my DH was NOT happy not even excited and basically tried to put down the hammer... "WE ARE NOT GOING" WTH??? EXCUSE ME???? It was a longgggg sleepless night.. and this is what I've come up with..... He is totally freaking out on my independence, confidence and overall outgoingness.... (all things that I've always been, but..... have been supressed for most of our 3 year relationship)

This goes back to my NUMEROUS trips down the scale..... the last time I lost 80lbs was right before we met...... so when I met him my butt was a size 12 and I was happy go lucky, independant and living life... part of what attracted him to me right???

Well we became involved, committed and an exclusive couple.. and I began to gain weight..... I would try to get back on the LC bandwagon and he would laugh, roll his eyes, and take me to dairy queen..... I was weak and I gained quickly.... every pound that reappeared would be like a nail in my spirit... so I was shrinking inside, depressed, mad at myself and disgusted with how weak my resolve was.... I was miserable with my fatness....... and even more so when I surpassed my previous high weight of 256..... getting on that scale at 272 was THE low point.. rock bottom..... that is why I ended it there.. I put myself on a pre op diet EARLY.. I started drinking LowCarb Protein Shakes with one meat meal per day....... and from April 1, to April 26 (day of surgery) I lost 19 lbs........ and its been a ride down the scale and down the sizes ever since..... I am very involved with my Shrinking Violets to the point that we are all meeting in TX in May.... (He supported me and told me to go, and so I booked my flight) He kind of passive agressively freaked out on this last weekend...

I go to my bandster support meetings and he gets a little itchy.....

NOW this.......... I'm getting healthy, looking good, excited about my band and have now been given oportunity to meet the makers of the band and maybe even shape the way its presented, produced, designed etc...... they want MY feedback and they are paying me for my opinion....... how freaking cool is that????? So maybe he's feeling a bit left behind....... a man's ego is such a sentive thing... and I've never been a wall flower.. he knew this from the start.. but maybe just maybe he is a bit threatened by it........

So this post has turned into something else... thats the way of putting thoughts down on paper.... uhhhh errrr computer

However.. I'm calling with my confirmation today....... He IS going with me..... and I've got to get right with my eating cause I'll be meeting a bunch of people from all over the US in JUNE!

What a bummer about DH.. how did you get picked? I wanna free Vegas trip!!

Let DH have his freak out, I think he will adjust! Just make sure you reassure him you're not going anywhere ;))

LOL Laura, that was my thought too

Tracyks - Did I write that?????????? That sounds like my story to a T except that dbf is now mental more mental than ever and 1 day he is freaking, and the next not.

I'm sure he is backed off the last couple of weeks because my bar is closed for a month or 2, it has been 4 weeks and I'm going through withdrawl. I only had a drink or 2 when out but it was my place, I stayd away for a long time because i Hated who I became so now I get such compliments that I love going just to feel good about me. And when I'm there he can tell with my attitude so he can tell when i'm home a lot too, I need ego booster but I'm getting more independent every day and I love it!

Pam- Since I posted my start weight, I gained 7lbs!!!! I have lost 5 of that this week but shit.. I'm feeling the same way, and does 7lbs feel like I was right back at 278... how strange is that? It was enough for me to get back to shakes and tuna only. I was starving at work last night but everytime I was going to eat something i just put it back and told my self what a cow I was and I didn't need it and that my dr is going to be so disappointed in me next week, let alone myself!

Anyway, I'm going to relax for a few then head out to work on cleaning my garage

I was named as a Leader in the LapBand community......... (I.E. my big mouth got me noticed) Someone gave my name to the allergan people and they actually invited me to a local meeting here in KC but I was out of town. I emailed them back and told them thank you but explained I would be on my honeymoon.. (I also told them I'm an HR/Benefits person and that my company allows our insurance to pay for the band) so I would love any documentation they had on the subject.

NICE!!!

my big mouth just gets me in trouble!

Wow Tracyks that is so neat!! I am sorry you are having trouble with your husband though. I am not married so I can't totally understand, but I can empathize, and it does sound like a different kind of road!! Hang in there!!!

TERRY, I AM IN FOR NOO SUGAR!!! I woke up today wanting it soooo bad. I am totally with you. I hope I can make it!!

Tracyk and Pam HUGS!

Kat and Suzanne hang in there!!!

Haydee, Gina, Denise, Laura, Jennifer HI!!!!

HAPPY BANDIVERSARY JUDY, YOU HAVE DONE SO GREAT YOU EVEN HAVE A LOVELY AND STYLISH PIECE OF JEWELRY NAMED AFTER YOU!!!!!

I hope I didn't forget anyone!!! Have a good day and I am off to start a new day! It is raining and the wind is really bad. No sun, again!!

Jane

Ok.. I called the organizers and get this....... ONLY 12 PEOPLE are being invited! HOLY CRAP! (DH is more excited now)

Wowza, Tracy! That is SO, SO KEWL!!! & you have all our experiences to pull from, too... you could say you have a "w-i-d-e" group to represent! (hardy har har!)

Yes, Pam, I know what pizza tastes like... THAT's the problem... I love it's gooey yumminess... ahhhhhh... but, I just got back from helping w/Sock Hop set up and I volunteered to work a table handing out fundraiser thingies that came in so that I'd be BUSY and AWAY FROM TEMPTATION! Am I a smart gal or what???

Have any of you tried the AchieveOne coffee/protein drinks? I ordered some off bariatriceating.com & they're not half bad. A bit pricey. But I use them as a "treat". They contain actual java, low carb, + 20g protein! I am going to take one over ice w/me tonight as another strategy... I'm putting it in my "iced coffee" Starbucks cup, which will make me feel "special". I know... I am weird... but hey, whatever works, right???

It's FINALLY a nice day here! Going up into the 70s + SUN! It's been cold & grey & depressing for EVER it seems. + the rain & colder temps (50s) are coming back tomorrow & over the weekend. So I'm going to go make a salad w/chicken on it for lunch & go outside & soak up some rays...

bbl...

Oh I meant to tell ya'll about this new Water I found in the gas station. It's called Talking Rain "Twists" it's pure water + pure fruit juice (just a little). It's 10 calories per serving for the West Indies Lime- which is what I got. They don't add any sweeteners- sugar or artifical- so it has no weird after taste, it's just really refreshing. They had a lot of flavors, lemon, lime, some kind of berry, peaches, mango.. So I got the lime, and it was VERY good.

Just got out of employee meeting, ate some toppings off of one piece of pizza.. maybe 1/4th of the veggies on top and its bouncing in my tummy. Guess that fill worked, I'm STUFFED.

Ok, I'm convinced: Papaya Enzymes work great and quickly at helping you get un-stuck. They've gotten me out of a bad jam two days in a row. Go get some, get a pill box and carry them with you always.

Happy Bandiversary, Judy!!! ;)

TracyinKS - you are the bomb! Thanks for checking in. Do you know who nominated you? Pretty cool! What hotel??? (Most important question!)

Pammie - You're perfect just the way you are. Life is good!

Afternoon violetas~

TracyKS~ That is why we all love you...you rock!!! You started the Violet thread, you have done so well, are very knowledgable...and damnit...deserve a free vaca to Vegas baby! Hopefully the boys are staying home and you and DH can have a little fun too! That should get him to "see things your way" in terms of the trip! You do us proud girl!

I've had a packed morning. Went to church, got a special blessing from the priest afterwards for tomorrow! Got a car wash, went to Wally World (too much $$$ spent there), went to preop, then got labs and EKG, went to pay my co pay to GYN, went and checked the mail, went to another store to buy things that need the fridge (didn't want to buy Creamer at Wally world and leave it in the car all morning...too hot here). Then came home, did dishes, hid the new clothes I bought (that's right...you heard me correctly...but I know she will find them anyway), and now I am checking in. She should be here in about an hour, so I am going to work on diss for a while. Do you all know that only Susanne and you all know I am still working on my dissertation. I never told my father or friends, in case I fail again at it. That is pretty cool.

Have a good afternoon!

Did anyone ever see Into the Wild? The movie about the guy in Alaska alone? A friend loaned me the CD all by Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam. Anyway, it is awesome!

PS~ I am having a Slumber Party on May 30! Anyone wanna come? Slumber Parties, Inc. to see what I am talking about!

xoxoxoox