Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

NO!! ME!!!

You know this move Pamela--wving my hand and my entire body!!!! LOL

I have mushrooms sauteing(sp?) so I can thread them on some shish kebabs later---they smell sooo good! I am miserably full, ate a taco and some nachos for lunch. Took DIL, grandkids and DH to Taco Bell for lunch!!! Then DIL and kids and I went grocery shopping. I pushed the kids in the car basket, let them eat donuts (we did pay for them!!) and let 'em pick out cookies---all the fun Granny things.....of course I wasn't stupid, I "missed" the toy aisle!!!

Suzanne, I am so glad your sister did well! My neighbor was up and walking in her plastic like body brace the next day too! She as I said is crippled from other issues, but has since recovered from an ensuing MRSA infection and is back in PT--and can bend over and touch the ground!

Well still no news on the bone scan. That usually means good things!!! Red flags get a quick call! Been on the receiving end of a few of those calls. No news is usually good news. Rick is trying to convince me since there was no time limit on my surgery schedule to schedule it the week after I get back from TX. He wants me to go and have fun---not worry about swelling, and since we have never done this, we really don't know what to expect. So for now that is the plan, hopefully the Dr. agrees. I would love to have it done and share the gore!!! BUT....all of his points are valid--so y'all will just get me and my sidekick of a belly!!!!

Michelle, the Zyrtec, really will dry you up! But your body may have been holding on to extra fluids with you not feeling well. Enjoy the drop--whatever caused it!!! And color me green with Jealousy!!!!

Pamela---what is the schedule for you? When do you have to be there....all that? Will Susanne have your cell---so we can check on you? Maybe we could arrange for one of us to call---then post the word of your being ok on here? Let me know---or one of us---we will be worried.

Laura, let us know when you get back from your fill.

Well I am going to go cut some veggies up so I can thread my skewers and marinate them.

BBL~~

Kat

Tracy - I hear you! I've toyed with the same thoughts too....going back to being less restricted but at least being able to eat healthier food. I am really missing salads!!

I miss salad, meat, veggies of any kind and fruits of any kind as long as it isn't applesauce! I can not wait until Friday!

TracyK---sorry your owie is back. How long you going to fight it before seeing the Dr.?

I have an appt at 10 AM. I am quite nervous to tell you the truth. I would much rather be knocked out in a hospital than to go through that pain in his office again.:thumbup: The good thing is I trust him. So whatever he thinks is best.

Tracyk maybe this will take care of it for good??

I hope so. If he sends me to the hospital to do it there then I will know he is going to really DIG....I think that is gonna be the only way to ensure it does not come back.

Feel like calling a Violet...maybe it will be you!

NOT ME NOT ME!:crying::tt2:

You know you can call anytime (other than BB hours) lol Please keep us posted on how things go with you tomorrow! We will be sending you purple power and lots of love & well wishes!

Hello all violets! I have a dr appt at 10 AM for my owie (as Kat calls it). Wish me luck!

I have lots of stuff to do before all my shows come on tonight so I am going to run....

Hey-we need to send out the flying monkies for Tracy!!!

Just a thought....when we are all not gonna lose any more weight will we just call ourselves violets since we won't be shrinking anymore?

Shranked Violets! Hehe

I just got back from the fill, lots of work to catch up on here.. but just wanted to say, he added .5cc.

I told him I prolly don't even need that much, and he starts talkin about how small .5cc is.. Hokay.. I have 2cc total now. I can eat crackers & drink fine. For the first time, they told me to do liquids for the rest of the day. I never had to do somethin special before, so that's interesting. I'm eating another cracker right now, I'm really hungry and stuck at work for who knows how long.

Hey V's~

Tracy good luck tomorrow! I hope is goes forever!!!

The procedure is actually Friday am @ 6am! Susanne will have my cell the 408 #. I should be home about noon and will post (or have her post) then. I should be ok...just need purple power for the biopsy.

I came home, put on my workout clothes, and ate about 2 cups of Susanne's chips. My lapband friend from work calls chips "sliders or slider foods"...since they slide all the way down! I should not have done that...now I've got to sloush my fat ass all the way through jazzercise.

Have a great night. If I can, I'll call someone after jazzy.

xoxoxoxox

Good luck Pam :thumbup:) I'm sure it'll all be fine!!!

I'm working, really.. shhh..

I wanted to tell ya'll what the nurse said.. she called me "Skinny Minny" hah.. they were all gushing, I don't think I've changed that much since December. But then she was saying "You're what my dad calls a tall drink of water.. tall, pretty, and as skinny as you can get!" and I went "Wait, hold on.. I better not be as "Skinny as I can get"! BAH! I know it was a compliment, but I don't need the jinxing. 50lb at least to go!!!

Doctor said I'm one of his best results for lap banding (if not the best). That's pretty cool, I guess 100lb in a year is a lot considering he hasn't done a crap load of them to compare to.

Anywho, so glad to be back, I HATE that drive. Bunch of rednecks in trucks going 20mph on backroads for 6 hours.

Just watched the Last Lecture on Primetime. Great!! I saw that man on Oprah a while back and it was fantastic. They should his lecture that day. It was phenomenal!!

Michelle, way to go on your weight loss!!! Maybe you can package zyrtec!!! I have some here I might start taking!!

Pam thinking of you and sending good thoughts!!!

Have you still not heard anything Kat???

Laura, you look great and your pictures that you have posted say it all!!!

Well have a good night!!

I just heard American Airlines cancelled 1100 flights. They said every flight over the next several weeks out of ALBQ airport has been affected!

I am flying Continental----but is this going to affect any of us???? This is scary!

I am off to bed. Rick is off the next 4 days. We had plans for a yard sale Fri & Sat. but it is snowing out right now!!! Was raining awhile ago. Our yard will love it, but not exactly the weather we want for a yard sale!!! Anyway---will be here when I can. I have a dentist appt. tomorrow, a cleaning and a fit check on the torture device.

No, Jane, still have not heard anything. Keep telling myself that is good news!

Talk to all of you in the morning!

Kat

I watched that, too, Janie! I dvr'd it so the kids can watch it, too. I'm going to get his book too. That's the kind of life attitude that I try to cultivate in myself & others.

I *wish* there were more positive-message shows like that on TV instead of being bombarded ALL the FREAKIN' TIME w/body counts, teenage girls beating each other up, 3rd graders plotting to harm their teacher, violence, murder, mayhem, and stupid crazy "celebrities". I think our world would be a much better place if we would focus on the POSITIVES rather than the negatives. Every day, in every town, there are amazing stories to be told.

Y'know... I am so passionate about this that I think I am going to e-mail Diane Sawyer & other news programs... it can't hurt!

Good morning everyone!

Pamela & Jane-well he finally bit the dust! Kind of like a hemmoroid that kept coming back and never leaving! They finally lasered him off. lol he really was a good player. Part of me hated to see him go, mainly cause he wants to get rid of natalie. I am sure if shiela has her way she will get rid of her for us!! I would like for ANY of them to win but Natalie to tell you the truth!

Zyrtec? Hmmmm, I have some of those!! I need to put them to use. OR, I could just be the dealer of the thread and sell them to the highest bidder!! LOL

I am not sure what the dr will do today. I am sure either hurt me or make plans to hurt me. But pain will be involved somewhere in there. I saw an episode of Dr Phil the other day about MRSA staph infections that KILL folks. OK, that scared the bejeebers out of me:scared2:.

I remember the days of the scales dropping like they are dropping now for Michelle. I wasn't doing anything different either. But I just jumped on it like a surfboard and kept riding until the wave was over! What fun it was to lose weight like that! Enjoy Michelle! I am jealous!:huh2:

I need to get Macy ready for daycare. I can not believe my baby starts kindergarten this next school year! Amazing!

I will check in before I go to the butcher....

Good Morning gals

Well, i am so sore, did yard work yesterday then worked all night. I've been going to the gym but i used muscles that i forgot i had. Good news, scale is down to 210 this am and I still feel bloated from being on my feet in the heat at work. So there is hope. I would reallyy like to be down to 205 by next wed when i go for my bandiversary appt. I guess if I stick with Protein Shakes I should be able to be down 5 lbs in a week. shoot, I already lost that in 2 days.

Kat - I'm flying delta, but ya'll know how I feel about flying in the first place... but I hope that they get this done quick. Southwest was the other day too.

Tracyk- Dylan starts kindergarden too this year, it is so exciting yet so hard to believe

well i'm going to drink my coffee and bring the kids to the sitter, i need a day of R&R

Oh. My. Goodness!

Today the scale read: 231.4! :lol:

TracyK that's exactly what I'm doing: "I just jumped on it like a surfboard and kept riding until the wave was over!"

I did shave yesterday... hmmmm... perhaps that helped! :huh2:

Seriously, I think I started the contest a couple weeks ago @ 244.something?? This is craziness! But I'm LOVING it!!

This will DEFINITELY keep me AWAY from eating the FREE pizza at the school's annual Sock Hop tonight!!! I will bring something yummy & legal for myself from home. Don't want to mess up the mojo!!!

(But did I mention that it's PIZZA?? and, erm... FREE???)

(I've promised myself pizza (not A pizza, "some") when I get to -100... that, and a massage!)

Time to go to the dentist. Waah.

YEAH MICHELLE - go you

It stinks i was back up but going down was enough to keep me from eating last night at the pizza shop too

Pammie - We love you honey, and you know that you've got all our positive energy around you for these next few days. Mmmmmuah! You'll be just fine!

Michelle!! We'll just call you the Incredible Shrinking Violet!!!I better get to work on that jewelry! The 'contest' is almost half over!! Does Michelle's success get anyone motivated to get movin'???

Today is NFS day.... No Freakin' SUGAR!!! I'm gonna eat on plan today if it kills me. DAMMIT!!! Yesterday was such a bad day, i can't even tell ya.

Went to my 1st metalsmithing class last night...so you know what that means!! A trip to the jewelers supply store today for MORE tools!! :huh2: I never knew I could get so excited about tools. Now I know how men feel. Well, at least about tools!

TracyinKS.... OK, what is UP with you???? And don't just tell us you're busy. Something else is going on. Spill it.

Suzie - Don't forget to take care of yourself, too. OK?

Haydee - So do you get to keep the money from the stuff people dump at your house? :lol: I'm horrible at getting organized enough for a garage sale. Our neighborhood has them 2x/year...and Ive only managed to do one out of 7! And it's not that I don't have my share of junk!!

Ya'll have a good day.

Laterz.

Good Morning, Violets..

Today is my 1 year Bandiversary and what a difference a year makes!! I'm down from a size 3X to a L in tops and from 22/24 to a regular 14, sometimes 12 in pants. I didn't weigh this morning cause I've been bad with Snacks. We go for a fill on Monday and will see how that helps. I sure don't feel full on a cup of food anymore so it must be time for a fill.

Today I have a nail appointment and then my hospital shift. Then it will be laundry and house cleaning for the rest of the day. It's the first day this week I haven't had a ton of places to be.

Ethan's mom, my DIL, was released from the hospital yesterday, but with no meds. That's just insane, but when we talk to DS about it, he gets angry and defensive so there's not much we can do. I'll let his sister do the talking and hope he listens to her.

Michelle....you are doing awesome!!! Sounds just like right after surgery when the weight melted off. Keep up the great work!!!

Pamela...we're all thinking about you these next few days.

Kat..hope you hear some good news from the doc today.

Tracyk...purple power and prayers with you today at the doc.

Jennifur..hang in there and the pounds will continue dropping. I'm in the same boat as you!

Terry....power tools for jewelry making??? woooo hooooo!!

Gotta run and get ready to head to the manicurist. Everyone have a great day. Make wise choices and drink, drink, drink!!

TRACYINKS.... WHERE ARE YOU???????

Edited by Teachlady