Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hey...

Still not back to 100% but am simply pretending that I am. Ha. Went to aqua aerobics this a.m. and have lots to do today. scale was down AGAIN! I honestly don't know why, but I'll take it and am grateful for it!

Make it a great day, everyone!

Jenn it seems like some threads I get email notification on, others I don't......no rhyme nor reason.

Kat

Did you know it's an option under your subscriptions? I turned all of mine off so they don't send me e-mails, but you can do it for each subscription. Maybe it's just messing up, but it's worth checking the subscription options and make sure whichever ones you're not receiving e-mail notifications, select the e-mail notifications to be 'on'.

Help, I need to get the emails to stop...where do I go. Talk slowly and go step by step.

Here we go :redface:

-"My Account" button at the top

-On the left side select "List Subscriptions"

This will pull up all the threads you post in. Now on that list, on the top right is little boxes. Beside it, it says "Notifications". If the box is SELECTED, you will receive e-mails. If you want to unselect all of them select the very top box under "Notifications", and it will either SELECT all.. or DESELECT all. Deselect to turn them all off. Ta-da :rolleyes:)

Mine shows all selected, but some of them work, some don't!

Not that it matters, it still works tons better than if I did it!!!!

Kat

Hey...

Scale was down AGAIN! I honestly don't know why, but I'll take it and am grateful for it!

Ohhhhhhh, no you don't!!! You can't just say "Oh, gee...I don't know WHY I'm losing all this weight!! The pounds are just melting off!!"....and not give us every single detail of your habits, routine and every morsel that crosses your lips!!! What are you thinking??? :)

Lol Terry... trust me, you don't want all that.

Honestly, I am not doing ANYthing differently. The only thing is taking the Xyrtec... that's it. I really am wondering if it's just dried me out so much that it's sucking all the extra h20 out of my fat cells, so it's reflected on the scale.< /span>

I'm eating the same... exercising the same (actually none the past week since I got sick)... drinking the same... I even ate ice cream!

I think it's just a phase... that my bod was holding on & holding on and it's decided to give up for a bit... but trust me, it will hold on again... SOON... if I know my bod! (Even worse, it will re-claim the lbs it gave away!!)

So sorry... no "secret" to be had here... you know that if there was that I WOULD share!!

:)

Thanks Laura~

Since I became a moderator (a job which I am not very good at, btw) I keep getting TONS of emails...and I don't want

'em. Long ago I stopped getting Violet notifications, can you imagine...the way we like to talk. Thanks again!

I've had 1/2 c. cott cheese, 1 small banana, 1 granola bar (this over the last 4.5 hours..I have to eat this way in the morning, slow and steady) and am having Beans, hamburger (mixed) onion, tomatoes, and 2% cheddar w/ a few low fat/cal tortilla chips for lunch! I am starving!

BBL

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

From the bottom of my heart, Thank You.

Diane was in surgery for over 7 hours and it drained us all. We were told it would take 5 hours so you can imagine how our nerves were. Doc finally came out and told us she did great and she is now full of nuts and bolts and steel rods. (No going thru metal detectors without it beeping). He told us that she would feel like she had been hit by a train for about 2 weeks and after that she should really start to feeling better.

The PT had her up and out of bed today and walking. She seems so much taller now. I went ahead and changed the sheets on her bed while they were walking. She was telling me how awful the bed was and that she has complained about it. Everyone told her that everyone complains about the beds, well the PT and I got to looking at it and the mattress wasn't working. She was actually just laying on a flattened mattress on top of a steel frame. We told the nurse about it and she called maintenance and in came another nurse and she went to the end of the bed and messed with the buttons. You could hear the bed start to inflate. After we got it going and her back in bed with the leg inflaters on, you should have seen her face. She was so much more comfortable.

You guys are the best. Thank You so much for all the nice things you have said and for all your prayers. I'm going to be in and out of the hospital for the next few day with her. Hopefully she will be home by Friday. Doc said he will play it day by day.

Hope all of you have a great day. HUGS.

post-214709-13813136844157_thumb.jpg

Pam, I'm sending you "vibes" for your procedure. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang tough.

post-214709-13813136844262_thumb.jpg

Hi girls!

Suzie - glad to hear your sister is doing good. I hate it when a patient complains and the nurses just ignore them. I'm sure she was grateful that you were there!

Michelle - Wow, you are doing great!! I haven't lost another ounce since I got sick but I know why! I haven't been back to the gym since I got sick and my food choices have been dreadful.

Kat - Did you ever find out what was causing your headaches?? I read it a few pages back but didn't see whether or not you found out.

I was MIA from here yesterday. We were super busy at work and then my parents are doing the finishing touches on their dream home so we are over there every night looking over paint choices, lighting, you know... all the little stuff... We're so excited. It should be ready in about a month.

My sister is doing good. She was in a bit of pain last week but it was all gas pain. She finally started feeling better on Monday. She's already lost 26 lbs!! Wow, I remember those first few weeks when the lbs were melting off as if by magic, LOL. She was supposed to start mushies on Saturday but decided to do another week of Clear Liquids because she was super swollen. Her face already looks so much thinner!

We're supposed to have beautiful weather here this weekend. Sunny and a high of 79. We're planning another garage sale. My garage is full of crap again. I don't really know when I became my family's donation center but they seem to think I want all their crap. Oh well, whatever I don't sell this weekend will be carted off to Goodwill...

I'm so sleepy right now and it's barely 3:30. And I have church tonight. I need some coffee...

Hey everyone,

I have 15 more min of work...then an hour long meeting, then that is it! Planning for 2 days is tough, especially when I was out yesterday too. The kids, of course, were rotten for the sub. Uuhh, sub at a middle school...yeah, the kids will be bad.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I am ready to be on the other side of things. I'll pop in later from home!

Feel like calling a Violet...maybe it will be you!

xoxoxox