Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Hey V's!

Wow everyone is having excitement.. Pam, the people who moved our brand new $1,500 entertainment center was actually the company we bought it from, they left a deep WHITE gauge in the black wood, and they don't make guarantees on (quite a bit) including delivery. So I took a sharpie to it.

I DID get up at the butt crack of dawn (well, 9am, which sucks for a Saturday) and went to the gym! It actually did feel great, they kept sayin it would but I was skeptical. By around 3 in the afternoon though I was POOPED. Me and dad went to see "21". Cool movie, I liked it.. I did doze off for about 10 minutes at one point. Dad said he did too. scale is stuck at 233lb, I've been eating good & working out (well, twice in 4 days!). Waaaah.

Today is my sister's b'day so we're doing a cook out at my parent's house.. just wanted to check in before I go.

Terri-its not vanity to want to look as good as possible and feel good about yourself....is it? If so, then I am vain too. Hmmm, learn something new every day! Now I will be humming that song "you're so vain" to myself all day :regular_smile:

My gosh my band is so tight that I can not eat anything. Maybe TOM is coming early?! Other than that the only thing it could be is the horrible PBs I have been having are keeping it swollen....or maybe both.

I am just in a horrible funk lately and can not seem to pull myself out of it. Weight wise and self discipline wise I am doing good. I am just down...:biggrin: and I c an not quite put my finger on exactly what it is. (maybe because there are so many things to choose from) BUT, I have to do is look around me (or watch the news) to see that I do not have it near as bad as others.

Talk to you all later!!

Pam-sorry about your new dresser....that SUCKS!

Pam, Hubby and I bought an entertainment center several years ago and had it delivered. It was exactly what we had been looking for. The 2 delivery guys ended up breaking the back braces on it. I was so furious at the time that I just yelled for them to put it where I wanted it and we would get it fixed. It sat in the sam position for about 4 years. We painted the living room and just ended up reaching as far as we coud behind it to paint. Last fall when BIL moved in with I had him finally fix it. We had to actually lift it straight up and lay it on it's front side to do the work. It's so heavy. Got it done and now don't have to worry about it fallin apart.

Laura, congrats on the work outs. Just remembert aht it might tak a while for the weight loss to show up. You should notice you losing inches first. Hang in there. It will all work out for you.

Judy, I would love to parasail but I'm a falling down freakoid. That's why I haven't even tried skydiving.

Yesterday was beautiful here. Got all our yard work done. Today it's shampooing carpets and changing bedsheets and laundry and window washing and vacumming the stairs and mopping the floors and cleaning toilets and, and, and.

Hope all had a grat weekend.

post-214709-13813136830269_thumb.jpg

Rick built our entertainment center! I had an old one that housed our small TV, that my Grandparents had given us. I didn't really want to part with it. But we went from a 27" TV to over 50" so....no way was it going to fit.

Next thing I knew I heard the saw going, and what used to be the bottom cabinets below my TV----Now sit directly above the TV, with shelving in the middle. He added shelves down both sides, to house speakers, media equipment, and all my doo-dahs, and kids pics!!! Then on each end---instead of just solid wood, there are shelves facing the outside--like bookends to the entertainment center, one end houses DVD's the other CD's. It is probably 7'X7' easy!!! It is tallest in the center above the TV---it has a crown molding border on the very top section, then it steps down into a lower height for the shelves, then the music racks are another step down. It is self supporting, the TV is centered under it---so we can pull the TV out, which is actually very easy and light to do, get back there to change out wiring----or even do the C word (clean). I love it! I still have the basic unit my Grandparents bought us---and NO ONE has one like it! Although we have had plenty ask where we got it!

He helped our neighbor build one out of an old waterbed frame--it turned out really sharp---but omg it is heavy!!!

Suzanne you make me feel soooooo lazy!!! I cleaned up my house, got things going for dinner, but have spent a very lazy day----wandering the yard, piddling, I have hyacinths, tulips, and daffodils blooming. The forsythia is bright yellow! Grass is turning green---I LOVE it! I took my book out on the porch, but then Red next door thought I wanted to visit by sitting out there---I wanted to swing and read!! Not try to find conversation....he is a nice guy, and a great neighbor, but he and I personally----conversations are limited, he talks with Rick all the time, and I his wife, but other than the usual, what is blooming, weather, how we are--it's done!!!

Well thinking it is time to go for a ride---guess I will call Rick and ask him how close to done he is!!

Catch y'all in awhile.

Kat

Confession time. This is not for the weak at heart. Warning. Warning.

I went to Dairy Queen and got me a "Blizzard of the Month". It was excellent. Loved it.

Please don't be ashamed of me. I know I had a weak moment. It's now over.

post-214709-13813136831204_thumb.jpg

I guess I'll confess too. Cakes & Cupcakes, 100% ultimate weakness, if it's there, I swear to badness I will eat the entire thing. Sisters' bday cake.. I picked at the icing. Then everyone took their piece, and I sat there with a fork and ate the icing off of about 4 pieces total. But man it was good. I finally put the lid on to stop myself, I would have easily finished eating all the icing off of that bad boy. I went from 233lb this morning, to 236lb when I got home. 3lb of icing lol.

Jane – You are so kind – but you are doing wonderful as well.

I have found a LBT’er that is getting banded 4/17 (Jeannie) – by my doctor. I invited her to observe my fill appt last Thursday and she actually did and we had a wonderful talk. Boy she is exactly where I was last year – fears before surgery, feeling helpless with the excessive weight caused in my life at that time. WOW – a great reflection and reminder how far WE HAVE ALL come from just 1 year ago.

Terry – it is wonderful that you are going to have some ME surgery—wish you the best results possible -J I don’t think I am brave enough – even if I was at the point to consider it. (I have at least 70lbs left to drop.)

Suzie – I am so jealous -- I have been drooling over the TV every time they show the blizzard of the month. I even belong to the blizzard club – and received an email and coupon – I didn’t delete it – yet!

I have discovered Tropical smoothie Café – Peanut Butter Paradise. They put whey Protein Powder in it – that can’t be all bad – right?

Good Night All!

Today? Ice cream and Cheetos.:regular_smile:

Evening, Violets.

Things are starting to get back to normal here. Got all the painting done and the border in the kitchen done. We ran out of the border for the breezeway so I will have to go get some more tomorrow after my staff meeting. I got one desk emptied out and put into my mother's antique dresser so that will be in here now. We will get a Deacon's bench and some new curtains and then this room will be done! The Bobster just has the moulding to do in the kitchen and that will be done. It turned out way better than I hoped. I'm really pleased with it.

Ethan comes tomorrow at 1 so we need to get as much put away as possible. I have a bunch of knick knacks that were on shelves in here. The shelves have been painted and are waiting to be put back up so I can reposition everything. Step by step, little by little it's all coming together.

We rearranged the living room so tht the TV will be on a wall closer to the cable. The guy is supposed to come this week to give us an estimate. I'm anxious to get the tv up on the wall so we can have the new couch delivered. That will be the extent of inside the house remodeling for now. Each day more and more snow melts so it will be time to get outside and get started on all the gardens soon.

Hot tub felt really good tonight. it's 38 out and the sky is clear with lots of stars. I did my exercises and now am heading to bed. Everyone sleep well.

Okay third time is a charm right! I am taking Pam’s advice and writing this on word first.

Last night was a trip. There were some really nice looking guys in the bar, but they were a turn off for me because of the way most of them were dressed. It was an eye opening experience. Most of the men had chaps on with a jock strap or jeans, but there were some men that had on like for the lack of a better word, a halter-top but just straps of leather. I thought I would see more bondage and stuff, but thankfully I didn’t. Charlie was one of three contestants running for Mr. Midwest Leather. He ran for Mr. Missouri and came in 2nd. He first came out in his “formal leather wear” and he was kind of dressed like a police officer, which seemed to be a theme among the “formal stuff”. He also had a speech to give about how he wanted the ‘leather boys’ to help people. Now, Charlie is an odd guy, and this speech was really just a sexed up version of saving the world. It was kind of gross. The MC was a woman (I think) and she really had a dirty mouth that in my mind was just full of vulgarities. She talked about very very raunchy sex acts, and used the F bomb a lot. She gave a brief synopsis of what the contestants liked, OH MY GOSH!!! Charlie is into txx torture. Not to mention some other things. Maybe I am a prude, but OH MY GOSH!!!!!!:purplebananna::eek::cool::eek:

Then there was an intermission and Leon and I went outside to talk, and he took me into their gift shop:eek::lol::eek::eek::eek::mad::eek: OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen things so big!!!!! Not to mention all kinds of leather!!!!! That was eye popping!!!

Then after the intermission, the guys came out in jock straps. They all obviously went to an all you can eat buffet for dinner, because they looked stuff!!! (Which I am sure they also were if you know what I mean!!!) Then she made them all turn around and bend over so we could look into their a&*! Then after a few more farewell speeches & they announced the winner, and it was Charlie!!! You all don’t know what HELL I will be in for the next year!!! It is very embarrassing that he tells customers. I mean Webster Groves is a very middle class to high conservative neighborhood!!!

I got totally drunk, and really can’t remember the last time I even drank! Leon was buying my drinks and…. I really did have fun, but it was different. I laughed more than I have in a long time, not mean laughing, but silly stuff.

I don’t know what they see in that kind of lifestyle!! Am I being a prude? I am going to try to post some pictures I took last night, we will see if it works.

cant post pics, if somebody wants to volunteer I can send them to you to post. I hope in Gruene I can learn how to do this!!

Wow Jane----what a night you had!!!

Good thing I read your post AFTER we went riding, or Rick in his chaps might have given me the giggles!!!

We had such an awesome ride! Beautiful weather, all the fruit trees blooming, and spring popping out everywhere! I LOVE it! I don't know how to explain the sensation, it is like my senses are in overdrive, I could smell all the trees, and Water hitting fields that had been dry all year, and the sun makes everything seem red and warm if you close your eyes. We have our Ipod on, playing OUR music. On the back roads, you can just let your arms fly with the wind. I find it extremely easy to pray when riding....I know that might seem wierd! But there is so much to see and be thankful for, and when you have things troubling you, it is so easy to contemplate them for a minute or 2 and then pray over it and acknowledge it is time to Let Go...and Let God----and on the bike it just feels physically like you can feel them blow off. I come home feeling pounds lighter.

Add into that that there is no way on the bike not to be extremely close to my DH. He tends to ride, with one hand wrapped around my leg on the back roads....I can rub his shoulders, and we can talk freely. Even in helmets, we have intercom. Without the helmet with the face shield I would look like the famed Happy Biker---I'd probably have bug filled smile---I am smiling all the time!!!

Made it a great end to a great day.

Night girls---see ya tomorrow!

Kat

Janie...OMG, I laughed at the post. I am not sure which is funnier, the men or your reaction. Your not being a prude...at least you went there. I live by the "to each his own" philosophy. It makes sense to them. Good for you for going, trying something new, getting slouched, and having fun! Great post...I loved it!