Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Can anyone help me start a new thread? My band doctor is having a Houston get together in May and I want to invite everyone on the board that was banded by him to come to it. I don't even know where to start or where I would put that. Thanks!

Good morning, I am thinking of you right now Jennifer!!! I hope all goes GREAT!!

Happy Bandiversary Terri!!

I am getting ready to go to work and then after work I have another wake to go to. Two in one week! But, this person was 94 so it isn't so sad. She lived a great life!!

Well here I go to start my day!!!

Jane

Sure Haydee, PM me the information and I'll start it for you :smile:)

HAPPY BANDIVERSARY TERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PURPLE POWER JENN~ KICK ASS AND TAKE NO PRISONERS!

XOXOXO

Ok ladies, I am a complete and utter BITCH! Anyone else suffer from this??? I am grouchy, cranky, miserable, and sharing this greatness w/ everyone else. Yesterday I yelled so loud at a kid, that 2 teachers came in to make sure I was ok! My friend says it is probably hormonal or due to the anemia and all. I don't know...I considered taking a Valuim for breakfast! Seriously! I had it in my hand. WTF??? Susanne and I had a row this morning and after I put my face on...I started crying like a baby! She is telling me to take deep breaths, but I'd rather punch a wall. Anyway, just thought I'd share!:smile::mad::blushing::mad:

Haydee - You are so sweet!! I feel the same way about you. I just wish we could get together more often (than once a year)!!!

Go to the LBT home button, the scroll down to the doctors and hospitals forum (i think that would be a good place). Once you are ini there you'll see a button that says "New Thread".... and you're done!

Good morning!

Tracy- I was banded by Dr. Spiegel. I really like him! (his office staff is a bit of a different story...)

Pam- You are in my thoughts. Hormones suck. I think after your surgery you will feel so much better.

Haydee- another Houstonian!! Who was your doctor?

Morning ladies~

Pamela did you see my post where I was ready to sell, throttle or both ---my Dad, brother and granddaughter? Yep, I have my grouch in place and working fine! Rick irritated me already this morning. He calls me, then gets busy, and has to ask me what 3 times to everything I said. Either talk to ME or don't call ME! Kinsey is here, napping----looking angelic! Before the nap, she was just as grouchy as me! She wanted her cozies (fuzzy jammies) off then on then of, then just unzipped.....finally she fell asleep!!! As for my Dad and brother, if I speak to them today it will be when they call, because I am not calling them!

So yeah-----I suffer from bitchitis too!!!!

They told me that the unfill for the TT is a good idea because as they tighten the stomach muscles the swelling is usually quite severe....and it can cause problems. But I did not have to unfill for my thyroid surgery----just like yours said, no NG tube, and nothing to indicate it being necessary. But both my band Dr. and the PS said total unfill for the TT. Bring it on! Just get rid of this belly!

Terry--I think you have done wonderful this year! You began at a weight many are striving to get to---so you have done great!!!! Congrats on a awesome year!!!

Michelle I can sympathize. I walked through the kitchen and grabbed 3---yes 3---Baby goldfish crackers Kinsey had in a bowl---now they are swimming around in my stomach wanting a drink, and I know if I drink on top of them, they will swell-----but they were so salty!!!!

You can do the thread Haydee! Sounds like you have all kinds of get togethers coming up!!!

I am so glad it is Friday! I get to sleep in the next 2 days. Although I do tend to be like Terry said, never sleep well on the days I can!!! Rick is working this weekend! Becky & Gary are in Timberone, looking at some property. Kids have not expressed a desire to do anything special.....maybe I can do NOTHING!!!!!! If I go anywhere today I might go by the bookstore.....get myself set up!!! Lounge chair, sunny backyard, new book.......ahhhhhh maybe that would bannish the grouchies!

Good Luck today Jenn.

Feel better Judy!

Jane I see you here, we must be posting about the same time!!

Catch you girls in awhile.

Kat

Good Morning, Violets..

Quick post. Feeling better. The seasickness pills helped a lot and so did lots of sleep. I'm finishing up on the painting I didn't get to do the last two days. Got two coats on all the walls that have the wall paper off. Just have to get the Bobster to move this computer table so I can do the rest. It looks really nice and I got a wallpaper border to put up at the top of the walls. Will take pics when I'm done.

Going to rest up a bit while the paint dries.

Everyone have a great day. I'll catch up on posts later.

Hi Angela, yes I'm in Houston too. Actually in Spring, just a little north of Houston. I was banded in Mexico. By Dr. Zapata. He's lovely. I heart him. My sister just got banded by him one week ago today.

Aw Pam (HHUGSSSS) Good news? IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we all have bitchy moods, that's why we're women, and that's why Hilary shouldn't be president.

Here I am!! I am not blocked!! wooohooo (so far anyway)

Angela-I heard his staff is horrible. I am glad I went to Spivak...they are all great!

Pam-I have those days too. It will get better...it is FRIDAY! Your PB story reminded me of the one I told you about the PB I had in the mexican food place....the one where the lady was in the only bathroom in the place!! Don't you just love parking lot episodes? LOL Not too good of advertising for the place we are eating at though!

Terri-happy bandiversary! You have done so well!!

I gotta run...be back later!

This is kinda cool!

This is fascinating.

Be sure to go all the way to the end.

Beauty of Math!

1 x 8 + 1 = 9

12 x 8 + 2 = 98

123 x 8 + 3 = 987

1234 x 8 + 4 = 9876

12345 x 8 + 5 = 98765

123456 x 8 + 6 = 987654

1234567 x 8 + 7 = 9876543

12345678 x 8 + 8 = 98765432

123456789 x 8 + 9 = 987654321

1 x 9 + 2 = 11

12 x 9 + 3 = 111

123 x 9 + 4 = 1111

1234 x 9 + 5 = 11111

12345 x 9 + 6 = 111111

123456 x 9 + 7 = 1111111

1234567 x 9 + 8 = 11111111

12345678 x 9 + 9 = 111111111

123456789 x 9 +10= 1111111111

9 x 9 + 7 = 88

98 x 9 + 6 = 888

987 x 9 + 5 = 8888

9876 x 9 + 4 = 88888

98765 x 9 + 3 = 888888

987654 x 9 + 2 = 8888888

9876543 x 9 + 1 = 88888888

98765432 x 9 + 0 = 888888888

Brilliant, isn't it?

And look at this symmetry:

1 x 1 = 1

11 x 11 = 121

111 x 111 = 12321

1111 x 1111 = 1234321

11111 x 11111 = 123454321

111111 x 111111 = 12345654321

1111111 x 1111111 = 1234567654321

11111111 x 11111111 = 123456787654321

111111111 x 111111111=12345678987654321

Now, take a look at this...

101%

From a strictly mathematical viewpoint:

What Equals 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?

We have all been in situations where someone wants you to GIVE OVER 100%.

How about ACHIEVING 101%?

What equals 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help answer these questions:

If:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Is represented as:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

If:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R- K

8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

And:

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E

11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But:

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E

1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

THEN, look how far the love of God will take you:

L-O-V-E-O-F-G-O-D

12+15+22+5+15+6+7+15+4 = 101%

Therefore, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that:

While Hard Work and Knowledge will get you close,

and Attitude will get you there,

It's the Love of God that will put you over the top!

Have a nice day & God bless!!!

hi girls

judy glad you are feeling better

pam - sorry you are having a day, unfortunately i have those more than i would like to.

Great math thingy

happy bandiversary Terry

So, i went to the interview, I was trying so hard to contain myself and be outgoing without being a stuck up snob that I probably looked like to them. Of course I'm going in for a construction job - looked nice, my nails are done and fake, my hair is very multi colored and obviously not from a box and i am very tan (oh and had on a teal shirt which made me even darker!) So how do I pull it off i know what I'm doing and can handle working out of a trailer with a bunch of guys.???? Well I guess I did a pretty good job.. I sent the girl at the agency an email thanking her for setting up the interview. She emailed me back saying i made a great impression and she would talk to me monday! Sounds promising. And would be so good for me and my resume!

Survived another day with the kittys, they are so stinking little, 5 weeks old - they are so funny and one is up on my lap sleeping right now. he somehow climbed on the couch and up on my lap. so cute!

anyway, ttly going to hang with the kids