Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Awww...thank you guys for the "welcome aboard" and the invite. Laura...WOW! You look amazing!!

Forgive me...I am butting in here, but I saw that Pam (?) is having an E.A. (Nova Sure) soon. I had to have this procedure last year due to abnormal bleeding and severe anemia. I am very impressed with the results...it has made my life sooo much easier! Best wishes to you and may you have a speedy recovery.

Just got in and boy were you guys chatty today!!! I had I think 5 pages or so to read!! It was manicure night so at least my nail polish got a chance to really dry!!

Pam, I am sure it is scary going through surgery again, but this time you have purple power full force behind you!! Hugs

Laura you look great!!!!

Do we weigh in with a number for you Laura every week or just at the end of this month?

No April fools day joke on me or by me!!

I need a fill, maybe if I write this enough they will call me!! I emailed them Sunday asking for an appointment before the end of APRIL!! I am so frustrated!!! I NEED A FILL!!!!!

Jane

by the way I don't have any friends?!? But I did join the group?

also welcome wantitbad!

Boy my grammar sure is bad here!!! I am not suppose to start a sentence with by, but or also am I??? I hope the grammar police are not in full force tonight!!

Wantitbad ~ Is your name Angela? Anyway thanks for the information. I am suffering w/ the same symptoms as you mentioned and am looking forward to having it behind me. I am a slight bit freaked out that I will NEVER have kids after this. I am 40 and really not interested in having kids...it just seems surreal that that will be it. But I am glad you had good results. Have you had any periods or bleeding? My friend at work had it done the same day she got the band. She said she doesn't remember anything about this surgery, cause the band surgery kicked her ass. She has not had one period and is very happy w/ it. Plus I am having a biopsy on my uterus too...got any input from that?

I hope your name is Angela (if not...we will just call you that anyway...KIDDING). Welcome and jump in often. As Janie said...we chatted up 5 pages or so today alone.

Ok..we went to see Stop-Loss! Run Don't Walk to see this movie. It is great for both men and women. I am not over it yet. Very moving, powerful, and thought provoking!

OK...getting ready for BB! Tracy and Janie, I already know the outcome but I am still hooked!

Just stopping in while my CSI is on commercial, though why I continue to watch it I have no idea!!!!

I fixed taco salad for Rick for supper---and just had to try a bite or 2----don't think my belly is ready for that yet.....ooowwwwww

brb

I saw Denise here the other day but she never said anything---hope her house is going well, and that her DD's are good.

It is good to see you here Gina---I missed you!! Did you see the post I told you about the German Shepherd? Reminded me of yours---this ones name was Cybil. Beautiful dogs!

Well.....I think I will hit the shower and call it a night.

Oh yeah--TracyK----I had to send the caramel eggs to Macy---my Golden Goose layed them!!!! The one I bought at the auction in Gruene!!! LMAO!!!

Take care girls---will see ya in the morning!

Oh! We had 3 new calves today!

Kat

Hi Pam...yes, my name is Angela...lol... The ablation was not that bad at all. It was done as an outpatient procedure at the Women's Hospital in Houston. I remember experiencing some mild cramping and spotting afterwards but nothing unbearable.

It IS a little daunting to have a part of what makes you a "woman" burned but it was sooo worth it. I still experience a monthly flow but not even a third of what it was before, cramping is minimal and my Iron level is finally acceptable without taking a bunch of prescriptions.

My co-worker had it done as well (February 2007). She is 42 and has yet to have a period! I was told by my doctor that the closer you are to menopause, the better the odds are that you will stop your cycles completely.

My biopsy was done during surgery so I was not awake to feel a thing...

Not to be gross...but the picture I was shown afterwards? What was once pink is now white!!! (uterus...you guys! LOL)

Edited by AngelaW
Spelling!

Thanks Angela~

I much prefer the term procedure to surgery. It will be outpatient, but it will be a few hours. It is done at the surgical center in Palm Springs (California).

I would love to be done w/ the periods forever. If I'd have known, I would have bought stock in Kotex, Tampax and fruit of the Loom about a year ago. I won't miss having to use 2 of the 3 products daily.

Tracy and Janie...did you love the show??? I am still enjoying it!

xoxoxox

Morning, This is my early day at work. Than it's off to Wal-mart. Home to get some housework done, haircut at 1 and than our shift at the hospital. Long day for me.

Don't forget to drink, drink, drink today.

Have a great day.

post-214709-13813136793858_thumb.jpg

morning gilrs

up drinking coffee, still have horrible pain in my stomach

going to get my tires at 9 hair at noon.

make it a good one

Hi again Angela-good to see you are posting with us. Where are you from?

Pamela-I love BB!! You know what....I am starting to pull for the under dog. If James keeps this up, he is deserving of winning this. I dunno....

Kat-when I saw the caramel eggs I KNEW that you were referring to my dream. I bursted out laughing and dh was like, HUH? I wxplained the whole thing and he thought it was funny.

Laura-even DH thought it was your brother in the pic...sorry! It is OK, Frank and I sort of look alike too. He could pass for my brother! At least when you have kids, they will look like both of you! LOL

Terri-I do not time myself when I eat. I try to stick with the portion size I should have and if I feel full or satisfied before then, I stop. I think that you were just SO freaked out over the thought of PBing on the beef that you were being extra careful cause you wanted beef so bad. Another thing about how long it took...you were reading while eating. Time got away from you. I do not think you ate too much at all.:biggrin2: I could not read while I eat cause I would end up grazing on the food for hours!! Kinda like popcorn at a movie kinda thing, ya know?

Jane-We are all your friends!:thumbup:

Ugh...gotta get moving....have a great day everyone!

Good morning all! WELCOME, Angela!! Are you from Houston?? Cool!

Wish i could stay and chat...but I have about 30 powerpoint slides to edit this a.m. I'll be in when i need a break.

Laterz.

Morning Violets!

Phone woke us up early with some situation at work Rick had to go deal with---so I feel like it was a really short night.

Pamela I know what you are talking about, with the surgery eliminating the option of children. When they found my cancer, and informed me a total hysterectomy was my only option, I went through a couple of days of feeling kind of lost, like they were taking away something....I just couldn't pinpoint what. Not sure if that makes any sense. I know it makes much less when you examine the FACTS! I had grown kids! And was married to a man who had a vasectomy years ago!!! So that boat had sailed long before. I LOVED losing the periods, and the constant break through bleeding, and the pain......but I STILL felt a loss.

However....since the surgery (I know mine was different) I feel so much better. It and my band have give me my life back! I would stay home, because as soon as I began moving around---I would start flooding so heavy---nothing could keep up. I love not having that to deal with!

Going to go do a bit of my shopping today....Kinsey is sleeping, so when she wakes up, guess we will go. I have to stop at DIL's and get my grandsons pics----I special ordered what I wanted, and she picked them up! Last time that happened, I supplied pictures to her family, Rick's ex's family---and who knows who else, and that is not happening this time. I bought extra--so can they! LOL Grouchy MIL!!

Rick and I are of similar coloring, his hair is darker, and graying more now than mine, but he used to be lighter headed. Maybe we would look more alike if I grew some facial hair!!! I am sure when it comes to couples overall we have more resemblences than differences.

Will talk to you girlies later!

Kat

Morning!!

Our bowling team is 1st place, and tonight is our last night. If we win 1 game, it's over. If we lose all 4 and the 2nd place teams wins all 4, we tie for 1st. The kicker? We turned DH's car into the body shop on monday, and our bowling balls are in his car! DARN!!!! So he's calling them to find out if we can come pick it up (we better, we can't not bowl tonight!!!)

Janie- Weigh yourself on May 1 and turn that in :thumbup:)

Good morning!! Drinking my coffee trying to get motivated!! Have a great day!!!

I am going to post a long post on tips, so beware!!

Jane

good morning..................... not much going on.........

Robby had his first swimming lesson last night... HE WAS THE WILD CHILD! He loved it