Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Laura..I HIGHLY recommend a cruise. But then again it's my new passion and not for everyone. Yes, there are 3-4 day cruises that are really inexpensive when you think that they include all your meals and entertainment. The only extra money is for tips, alcohol (expensive) and excursions (price varies and these are optional) Tips will run less than $50 total. If you go to the fancy, fancy restaurant, it will be $20 - $30 per person extra, but the meal is totally awesome. We didn't do that this last trip because it would be a waste of money for us with the amount we eat now. The meals in the dining room are lucious enough and so beautifully presented. If you chose a table for 2, it would be your anniversary every night. But I like meeting people so we usually go with a bigger table. For the money, cruising is a great value.

Sorry about your friends Michelle~ We should all hug and kiss our families extra. There but for the grace of God, go I.

(((hugs)))

Sorry about your friends Michelle~ We should all hug and kiss our families extra. There but for the grace of God, go I.

(((hugs)))

Amen!!

So sorry about your friend Michelle. I agree with Judy, the junk/scale will only depress you more after you eat it!

Michelle I am so sorry about your friends....you would think that having been there and done that I would have words of wisdom to share....things to suggest you do or say---but I don't.

The only thing I can say, is call regularly--or visit, depending on what you do usually now----and keep at it. I know I went through a couple of serious depressions, and times of barely controlled anger---and I think I pushed people away during those times, and it was really then that I needed them the most. What I would have done without Becky I have no idea! My first instinct is to turn to Rick---but I could see the fear in his eyes, and I could not do it! He is a typical man, he sees a problem, and wants to fix it---there was nothing he in particular could fix----so he was out of his comfort zone anyway, and to let him see my fears, and especially my anger---made it worse, because looking in his eyes was like looking in a mirror.

Becky was here one day, she was here every day almost--but I digress!! I was unloading the dishwasher and dropped the lid to a casserole dish and it broke. It was my undoing, I started crying and I picked up the half of the lid and threw it in the sink, making it break some more! She let me scream and say all the scary things-about just wishing I would die and quit feeling so bad, that I hurt every second of every day--------all the things I had never voiced, and she cried with me. A couple of weeks went by and the stress had built again, and I was short with her or someone....and she showed up, told me to come with her. I went very few places....I had no hair, I sneezed over the littlest things, my eyes looked like I had been beat again---it was not pretty. And as I say--I hurt. So we just went to her house, which is out of town a ways, and she leads me behind the deck---and there is a box she had bought plates and glasses and anything she could get for a dime at the thrift store, and we threw them all, smashed them against the wall. We laughed at the silliness, we cussed cancer, using every nasty word or phrase we could think of, then moved on to the God Forgive me for that, and saying a prayer of healing with every piece we threw. Was the wierdest day. We said when it got bad again we would go smash some more. Things got better, and we have never smashed any more dishes, but I went out there last summer when we went to pick them up for a motorcycle ride----and all my smashed dishes are still there....fading and making their way into the ground.

Of all the food she brought, calls she made, emails she sent, hugs she gave--everything, that day will always be MY personal turning point. We had been best friends for years---her family is part of my family---when we nursed my Grandparents, she took her turn same as me. But that day is when I realized why sisters were so special!

My brother is special---and he might have been closer to me had he not been injured so young, I don't know. Always wonder about that!

So.....long story to make a point. The news is new to her----she will go through many emotions....be there for all of them, don't let her scare you away, she is likely to try. It is easier to think of leaving people if you are mad at them, and she can be mad at you if you quit coming around. Fear makes our minds work in mysterious ways!

I wish I could say I was one of those who held up under the stress beautifully, and with dignity--I wasn't...not at all!

I will say a prayer for your friends...

Kat

Lawyers should never ask a Mississippi grandma a question if they aren't prepared for the answer.

:thumbup::lol::thumbup::lol:

In a trial, a Southern small-town prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the stand. He approached her and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know me?' She responded, 'Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams. I've known you since you were a boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you'll never amount to anything more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you.'

The lawyer was stunned. Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, 'Mrs. Jones, do you know the defense attorney?'

She again replied, 'Why yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a

youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone, and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your wife. Yes, I know him.'

The defense attorney nearly died.

The judge asked both counselors to approach the bench and, in a very quiet voice, said,

'If either of you idiots asks her if she knows me, I'll send you both to the electric chair

Deleted all the story so we can go back to the way things were!

love ya

Edited by kity

Pam broke our thread!! All the pop up stuff, just click cancel a whole lots.

Funny jokes though!

I had my phone line and my DSL disconnected earlier for an electrical pole change in the alley--I was afraid it was something from that---------and it was Pamela......what shall we do with her????

Kat

Well I did it....I called insurance. They say they have not received anything yet. I called the Dr. they say it has been mailed for over 10 days, that it is likely in the process of being entered into BCBS's system---to give it time. aaaAAARRRGHHH I don't wanna! I want it done yesterday!

I guess I can relax the next few days when the mail comes.....dammit!

Oh well--I called, they were nice, congratulated me on the weight loss!!!

While I had her on the line I ask about coverage if I were to have complications, she said yes I am covered, since they do cover the surgery, even though they did not cover mine, they will cover complications-------that was a relief to know!

Kat

You know Kat...you made me think of something. My insurance at the time did not cover my band. We have new insurance now....I wonder if the new insurance would pay if there were any complications with my band?! Thanks for bringing that up!

is everyone getting this window asking for a certificate or is that something pam broke too? lol

Thanks for the replies everyone, esp. Kat... you always have such helpful anecdotes and take the time to share them, thank you. I know the food didn't help... so I went & took a nap... just woke up... still feel sad... but at least I wasn't eating!...

Yes, I'm getting that pop up box thingy, too... Thanks for THAT, Pam (lol!)... funny story w/out the pics...

hmmm... all for now...

Pam, go back and edit that post and take out the pics.. unbreak the thread!

Hi girls!!

Michelle, sorry for your friends troubles. cancer is an epidemic. I think I posted on here last year that a friend of mine was among some 600 women mis-diagnosed as having all clear mammograms!! DISGRACE, anyway..the women were recalled, NOTIFIED BY THE MEDIA, the hospital dragged their asses trying to cover it up and so the women in question heard about the scandal through the news!! Jeeeez..

Anyway, when my friend was re-tested she ha advanced breast cancer, had a DOUBLE mastectomy and started a 6 month Chemo treatment that robbed her also of her hair!!! I was so angry over it!!

I was in bed tonight and I was freezing because it is freezing out (duh) our heating is acting up and I hadn't been able to eat properly today with the band..nothing would go down, so I had no inner fuel either. So I just got up, wrapped in my blanket and made scrambled egg, eh stuck too. I'm gonna have to stock up on Soup for the moment. But I am happy that I know I got one hell of a fill..right now I don't care if I have to live on soup!

So tonight was my weigh in with WW and I was only down 3lbs, but I hadn't a drop of Water ALL WEEK!!

I would have expected at least 5lbs but then my friend "REMINDED" me that I had 2 bottles of wine and a chocolate easter egg on friday (hello, selective memory!!!):Dancing_shocked:

That was before my fill on sat so I guess I thought my 3 days of soup after that would cancel the bold out, but not when it's dried soup full of sodium and snacking on chocolate and full fat yoghurt! Ah yeah.. I'll make sure to be conscious of the "fun times" this week. I had actually denied to myself that I had been bad! WTF??? I convinced myself that I was justified in expecting -5lbs yet I was nervous stepping on that scale... subconscious guilt?:thumbup::blushing:

My DH is a very talented Joiner (Type of carpentry) also Builder, he is loving, gentle and I admire his strength of character. Oh and he has Beautiful Brown eyes!!:Dancing_tongue: