Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Yup, I just got rid of 2 more shirts yesterday. I've literally given away 100's of clothes since banding. I am low on shirts, I have some too small and very few that fit. I am bad about buying the wrong size right now.

Edited by FairyFacade

I am going to have a heart to heart with dh tonight and see if I can 'sweet talk' my way to Gruene. Maybe I can use some of my female persuation:tt2::)biggrin.gif I will let you all know tomorrow if I've still "got it":lol::sad:

The things we women do.....

Ms.Tracy--I may just have your answer!!

I was just given a bunch of shirts---and the woman who gave them to me is smaller on top than I am, and also shorter. So I plan to go through them here the next day or so-----want me to forward the rest for you to go through? She has some nice ones, some I know we will not want in general, she went through a stage she dressed "older"! But in general---what I have seen looks like normal everyday shirts! She has put on too much weight to wear them....and handed them off to me----that in and of itself is an NSV if I ever had one!!!

Let me know. Is there a style you prefer?

I mean, I like longer V necks.....as a rule....but for years avoided stripes, and big prints, and am kind of now thinking WTH!!! LOL

Laura----all of us with husbands, kids, parents, best friends--know what you are talking about. I DO come here and speak highly of my DH, I also come here and complain. With those we love whatever the relationship, we are free to say what we want, no one else has that option! I can call my DH a jerk, but would be highly offended for someone else to, and I would not hesitate to say so.....you are free however to say he is ACTING LIKE a jerk----I am the only one who can comment on whether he is acting or not!!!

Kat

Kat

TracyKS - can I ask you a favor? Can I email you my insurance benefits package so that you can see if there is even a glimmer of a chance for me to get a Tummy Tuck? It would be the very simple one of just removing excess skin. I don't want to repair muscle or do a body lift until after I have kids but my gut does get in the way of everything...

email away :)

Tracy-- sending positive purple power your way for your talk with hubby tonight. Good Luck to you.

Ok, Day has not really gotten any better but my attitude is improving. I am so sorry that I ranted this morning. Just woke up to some bad crap around here and you guys were the ones that got the brunt of it. I apologize for it but that is one of the things I like about you all. Thanks for being there.

Terri-- Kudos to you for doing the right thing for yourself. I'm very proud of you.

Laura-- I have an appointment tomorrow and I am going to have him take out everything in my band so that we get an accurate account of what's in there. I will go from there to see if I need anymore in my band. I'm thinking I don't. I very rarely go out to eat and when I do I don't order big meals. Most of the time we share a plate or I bring leftovers home. I just need to really pay attention to how fast I eat and start chewing my food better. Hugs to you. You are just too sweet for words.

Judy-- I'm not an Obama fan. I know that without Oprah's backing he would not have made it as far as he has. I'm just not sure he's right for the job right now. Maybe in about another eight years with some more experience under his belt He would be the choice. Sorry about that.

Off to go work the evening shift at Curves. Might even workout today. Will see.

Everyone have a great evening and vote for David Cook on Idol.

Group Hug. :)

OK... post one good thing about your DH/dbf/partner so we don't all think they are jackasses...... :)

I'll start:

My DH can push on the knots in my neck to make my headaches go away!

Oh wow, can I borrow your DH? Hah hah.

My DH has become part of my family, more than I ever thought he would. He acts like my parents are his parents, invites them to do things with us, etc. I don't reciprocate that at all.. so I'm very appreciative that he loves my family!!

Susanne is my bestest friend, she makes me laugh, and she hates when I cry. She does the laundry (all of it), makes the bed, and does yard work too! She makes me a better person. She speaks 2 languages, has long legs :)(size 10...all together...BIOTCH), AND likes to go to movies and share popcorn w/ me! She tells me I am pretty everyday! She is the best part of me! I can't wait to spend the rest of my life w/ her, and I thank God EVERYDAY for bringing her into my life!

Yes, please Tracy, send your DH my way for a little while...

Well, Juan is absolutely the most kind hearted, spiritual man that I've ever known. He never has a bad thing to say about anyone, shares all that God has blessed him with and always has God as the center of his life. He's also my best friend and the one that I can share all my dreams and my fears with. That I am grateful for...

he's not really as bad as I make him sound... I just get frustrated and I need to vent...

Yeah, that was my point earlier. I should say more nice things about DH because I paint him to be horrible most of the time.

I forgot how painful periods were for me. My lower back is KILLING ME!!! It's like a permanent charlie horse across my entire lower back. Last night it was doing this too and tylenol didn't help at all.

Edited by FairyFacade

My DH knows a lot about baseball.

KIDDING!!

Well, he does know a lot about baseball...and politics. He's extremely smart, has an incredible memory, laughs easily, is very generous and cares deeply about everyone in his life. He's highly respected in his field and has many, many friends. He's a wonderful golfer. He thinks I'm wonderful and funny and tells me I'm pretty every single day. He spoils me rotten and would give me anything I ask for (almost). He doesn't ever complain about how rarely I cook or that I spend so much time (and $$) at my beading table and the computer.

I just looked down.... there are "3 guests" reading this thread right now. They must think we're nuts.

he he he, i thought the same thing earlier!! We are wacko sometimes though... and we come up with the weirdest topics to discuss...

Hah.

GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DH has been promised a raise for almost 2 years.. HE FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is now salary (YAY!!!!!) and his salary is almost double what he was getting hourly. HUGE raise. They felt bad for forgetting to give him a raise in 2 years.. and I guess their ears were burning since I said nice things about him today. Hah.

I'm very excited. And I know he's going to be feeling better now, since I make quite a bit more than him.. the gap is closing in!

---

And.. sometimes I wish we could make this thread private, but.. whatever.