Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

WOW suzie!!!!!!!!! so much so true.........

I'm just and idiot........ I am TRYING TRYING TRYING to go bandster today and I just ate too much taco meat...... (I was starving so ofcourse I chowed to fast) now I am in utter pain and pb'ng into my wastebasket with eyes watering..............

Morning everyone...

Suzie, I hear ya. I see myself in your post. I'm stalling big time but I'm not fooling myself into thinking that I'm doing all the right things and not losing. I KNOW exactly why I'm not losing. I am snacking all the time and not moving enough. Like you, my band accepts anything that I shove down my gullet. Sometimes painfully but it goes down. I think most of us here in our group are honest with ourselves about what challenges we face. Whether it be sweets, ice cream, lack of excercise... For me it's all three! Where is the motivation that I had a year ago? Where is the motivation that I would get when I would see other people losing? Dunno... Glad you posted this though...

TracyK - sorry you won't be able to go!! No begging or pleading but we will miss you so much!

Off to get my coffee...

Well Lunasa, you'll just have to come to Houston so that you can see me and Juan in action. And yes, he is a bit controlling. BUT, the background on that is that for 10 years of our relashionship I did all the controlling. Until one day he told me that he wasn't going to let me treat him like that anymore. Thank the Lord. I hated feeling like I was the only adult in the relationship...

TracyKS - can I ask you a favor? Can I email you my insurance benefits package so that you can see if there is even a glimmer of a chance for me to get a Tummy Tuck? It would be the very simple one of just removing excess skin. I don't want to repair muscle or do a body lift until after I have kids but my gut does get in the way of everything...

Lunasa- I'm not just using them, this is our 2nd form hehe. I have to commit to 2 forms now. Although, I'm proud to say my 1 form of b/c has worked for oh.. 8 years now!

There is only 1 actress that gets under my skin and I HATE watching her, Anne Heche. I don't know why, I don't understand it, but even if it's the best movie in the world, if she's in it, I can't watch it. And I don't like the boy kid that is in Sixth Sense/Artificial Intelligence.

Dakota Fanning on the other hand, I love her! Her interviews are so cute lol. It's funny how people can strike us.

Today I've done good so far. Taking a crap load of meds right now.. 5 Vitamins, antiobiotic and steroid. So I ate a cherry yogurt by Yoplait.. my new fav. flavor, I normally only eat their key lime pie.. but I love these cherry chunks!! I meant to eat a Kudos bar too, to get to 200 calories but man I fill up so quick in the mornings.. esp. with horse pills in there!! I just burped up Water & what I imagine was a steroid or antibiotic.. NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!

I go get my whacky meds tomorrow morning.. and Blue Man Group tomorrow night! Love it! Their travelling show was better than their Vegas show I think. Last game of the season for hockey on Thursday.. sucks.. they had such a bad losing streak (they were GOOD last year), they aren't even in play offs this year. Booooo.

I felt compelled to post this. I bitch & moan about DH to you guys, because I need to vent and frankly I don't have anywhere to vent. Normally to my best friend or my mom, but when it comes to DH I don't want them to think bad things about him because of my venting, so I hold it in.

He really is wonderful, and I never feel the need to 'vent' about that, so just so I don't have some bad picture painted of him.. I didn't settle!

My dad joked, "You're not going to get skinny and leave Russell are you?" and I laughed and said.. that's what happens when someone has WLS that had low self-esteem and settled. I did not do that. I always dated great guys, the sexy ones, the ones with great personalities and dreams. The ones that treated me right. I am extremely picky with men, and until I met DH, I was the one who would never settle down. So many men, so little time. Then I met DH, and the night we met, I fell in love. I believe in love at first sight! We are on the same wave length in so many ways, he truely is my best friend. I can talk to him about anything, and know he's not judging me. He does have quirks- i.e. video games that make us fight, but I have mine - i.e. shopping.

Terry I think you mentioned who has the dominant hand in the relationship, which I've been thinking about in the past few days. I honestly couldn't tell you. We both respect each other's decisions on things.. we don't necessarily agree..I guess we're each more dominant depending on the situation.

Blah blah, really I just needed to post this, I make my DH sound like a jackass everytime I come here to complain.. but that's not all, he is just a man sometimes :shades_smile:

Oh, I think we all understand that, Laura. Same for me! usually the only time i post about my DH is when I"m complaining or licking my wounds from a fight. Besides, who comes online and says things like, "Oh let me tell you how wonderful my DH is...!!" HA! But we don't hestitate to post the crappy part, eh?

It's all good.... and I'm very happy to hear that ya'll have what sounds like a great relationship! You are mature for your age and have a very good head on your shoulders!

I don't mean to sound like i'm 'lecturing' you either, ...just giving you the benefit of my experience...and I've got a LOT of it!! LOL

Besides, who comes online and says things like, "Oh let me tell you how wonderful my DH is...!!" HA!

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm ME!!!

Yeah yeah, you can't post bad things about a preacher though!!!!!

I think that's my biggest hang up is that DH is atheist. I've cried thinking about how he won't be in heaven with me. But I've also prayed about it, and I just hope before we die something changes his mind, plants the seed. I always said I'd never be with someone who wasn't Christian. Doh.

Don't have time to read all the posts right now, running late! But TracyK hugs to you. I am sure it was a hard decision to make. We will miss you!!! Lots!!!

Well catch up on posts late tonight when I get home!!

Jane

I just had a nice experience. I guess you could call it an NSV.

I've been a pretty good little bandster lately (even lost another pound!) so I'm in a bit of a 'groove'. Anyway, i went downstairs to our deli just to get some Soup for lunch. There's a girl in front of me who's maybe 5'2" and about 240#. I kind of lean over and am looking at the pretty veggies that are available....some asparagus and squash...and i say to myself, "MMM..those look good!" Well she looks over and thinks I"m talking about the huge Cookies that are right next to them and says, 'Oh yes they do!"....and grabs one for herself. She's waiting for her California Burger to come off the grill, has this humongous cookie, a Coke and bag of Cheetos. I had a cup of sausage & vegetable soup and a side of veggies.

I'm NOT being critical of her, 'cause lord knows that was ME a year ago! I just had a moment there where I recognized that I HAVE made some progress.

Yea me!

Hi Jane!! Bye Jane!

We're doing our Easter egg decorating on Friday. We save up the shells of the eggs for months, then fill them with confetti and decorate the outside. The kids go crazy cracking them on Easter. Hope it's warm this year. We've had balmy Easters for years now...

I'm wearing a pair of size 18 capris today and they are cutting off my circulation. Ugh, my gut hurts so much... I don't know why I put them on this morning...

Terri-I meant to mention that I noticed your pound loss. WAY TO GO! almost 17 something!! your getting up to me!

Does anyone have any shirts? I literally have 5 shirts...4 work shirts and 1 other one. I am not kidding!! Good will has gotten all my clothes. I did not know how bad it was until the other day when i took out what I can't wear anymore and saw 1 shirt left hanging there. I wear anywhere between 16 to 22/24. All depends on how its made! I have even started wearing Franks T-shirts....how is that for desperation?! LOL:blink: