Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Well everyone, today is my quit day. I am a non-smoker as of today !:thumbup: (how is that for the power of positive thinking?!)

My dh does not go to work until tonight and my mom & stepdad are coming over (as a surprise to macy) and we are going to the wildlife park & out to eat. Macy is gonna be so excited when she opens up the door and it is her mawmaw & pop!

I have not been getting enough sleep. Between the chantix and macy coughing all night I feel like a zombie. At 11 PM she was coughing so hard she threw up. :blushing: I probably had a grand total of 5 hours sleep if I was lucky. She was up at 10:30, 3:00 and 5:00 and stayed up when she woke up at 5:scared2:. I am so ready for bed right now....and I have had 2 cups of coffee!

Pam-So judging by who was nominated he is trying to backdoor Mattie and if he does not succeed he will get rid of Ryan? That is what I am thinking...unless there is someone other than Mattie he would backdoor?!

Judy-how did things go at th dealership? It is fun to have a new ride...especially one that you do not have to turn into every gas station you come up onto!

Jane & Jennifur-I see you...good morning!

HAVE A GREAT DAY VIOLETS!!!!!!!

Good Morning, Violets..

Ethan has arrived for the day and night. I think I'm getting too old for this!! It will be his first overnight with us and with it being Palm Sunday tomorrow, it's going to be interesting. Thankfully, the Bobster has the Sunday off and can help with Ethan in the morning. I have to be at church early to rehearse my flute solo and the choir.

Just finished my oatmeal and now am going to get dressed so I can go to my support group. Hope we have a good turnout seeing as how it's the first day of Spring Break for the school and lots of people go traveling.

We went to an RV show last night and then to a boat show at the mall. Lots of neat things to see and drool over. We still have to decide about the new car. It was advised to buy instead of lease so we have to mull over the pros and cons between $60 a month and $240 besides the most obvious.

Everyone have a great weekend... make wise choices and drink lots of water!

Janie... cute story!! Got to be careful of those prim and proper ladies..:thumbup::tt2:

Jennifer and Kat... have fun this weekend! Matter of fact.. EVERYONE have fun this weekend!!

Tracy, Congrats on the stopping smoking. Darrell started his chantix last Tuesday. Yesterday he told me he was down to half a pack a day. He said it just kinda deadens his taste buds for it. I am so proud of both of you. I quit 17 years ago and remember how hard it was. I didn't even have help of chantix to do it with. I will keep you in my prayers that you remain smoke free.

Last week I ran into my old next door neighbor. We haven't seen each other in at least ten years. We talked for about 15 minutes and off we went on our seperate ways. When I told both my sisters about seeing her, their first question was, "Did she say anything about your weight loss?". Not a word. It's times like that that I also wonder if the 143 pounds is just my imagination. However at our Church's fish fry last night I went in with out a jacket on and Kathryn came up to me and told me if I lost any more weight she wasn't going to recognize me. That's when I know it's all been worth it. I too have the extremely flabby belly fat and that is my hardest thing to deal with. I can't seem to find a way to disquise it under my clothes. It flabs when I walk. I seriously need to go shopping for some Spanx.< /span>

Off for a full day of pool shopping and looking at fencing.

Everyone have a great day. Hugs to you all.

Refresh my memory.......... have any of you been banded in Mexico?

My mom and step dad have decided to go for it and they will be self pay... I was thinking that Judy and Haydee were banded south of the border.......

Morning Everyone~

Quick post before the day starts!

TracyK~I AM SOOOO PROUD OF YOU! Good for you...you can do it...I believe in you!!!! Go buy yourself a new purse immediately cause your old one smells of smoke and you need a new one now. After a few days sans the smell of smoke, you will notice it. Especially in your new car! Congrats!

TracyKS~Kat was banded in Mex, but that is all I know off hand! Good luck to your parents!

Gotta run!

xoxoxoox

Kat - Thank you SO much for the beautiful birthday card! It came in the mail yesterday...what a surprise! I'm so glad to know such a wonderful group of women...you're all very special to me!

I'm pretty sure Haydee was banded in Mexico....

Off to go dress shopping for my DD. Pray for me.

I was banded in SOUTHERN Michigan. Does that count???

Just got back from our support group meeting. It was really informative We had the owner of one of the fitness clubs come in and talk about exercise and fitness. He was very good and did his homework going online and looking up all there was to know about lap bands. Next time we are having a nutritionist come in. We had 9 people today, 8 veterans and one looking into it. The Bobster stayed home and babysat Ethan. We met from 11-1 so it was a longggggggg meeting, but well worth it.

TracyK. good luck with another good decision in your life. YOU CAN DO IT!!

Suzie.. good luck with the pool hunting. I'm anxious to see what you decide on.

Terry.. you're in my prayers. Lord knows you'll need strength and patience!!!

Well, got to go change some poopy diapers. Guess whose!!:o

I was banded in the "Land of OZ".

Well, we did it. Bought the pool. We picked the first week of May for it to be installed. Now I just need to call the city and find out how much the Water bill will be. The guy who sold us the pool got a kick out of it when I told him we needed a heater for it. Uhmm. yess. I want that sucker heated. No cold pools for me. No solar heater either. It's a gas heater. He threw in a water fountain for it. I'm contemplate the disco colored lights for it. What do you think????

So next year we all gather at my house?

Morning V's.. yeah it's 3 in the afternoon!!

I was up till about 6am.. fell asleep, at 7:30am mom calls. Those phone calls are always bad. So as I say hello my mind is racing. She says.. one of her pugs (who is old and blind and deaf), was in the middle of the yard.. and we're havin bad storms all night.. cowered and crying. She gets lost if she gets off of the porch sometimes.. so she got stuck in the yard. So mom in her PJ's, goes out there to rescue her.. and these new doors on her back porch are self-locking. She did not want that, and threw a hissy about one day she's gonna lock herself out. Well today was that day.. and my dad is out of town of course. So she said she sat outside over an hour, but she couldn't wait any longer and had to wake me up. DH had a key to their house, but said he gave it back a few months ago. I didn't think I had a key anymore.. sister said she didn't have one either. So I told her if sister didn't have one, call me back and I'll come pick her up. So that's what I had to do.. then she said (she's a smoker) that she hasn't had a smoke all morning and if I could pick her up a pack on the way.. I had to pull on clothes for public.. didn't brush my hair or put on bra tho! I go in, lady cards me, and while on a normal day this would get me excited, I was tired as hell, it's stormy and flooded, im in Pjs.. she says "This doesn't look like you". I just sighed and was cursing in my head. I said It IS me.

So I get to my moms house, we're talking about the new windows on her house, they have weird screens you can't get off. Well I figured out how to get one off, so we go to the back porch where an unlocked window is.

Oh, before this.. I did have a house key of hers, but with all the new windows & doors, it only worked on the garage door's 2nd lock. The deadbolt is another key. So it didn't do anything.

Anywho, I mention (they have 2 main back doors, one to kitchen, one to her bedroom.. then there's another backdoor on the porch down a hall thing that goes to their living room..they have a massive house), the living room door. She goes "I forgot about that one".. sure enough, it's UNLOCKED!!!!!!!!! So I go home, go back to bed.. 3 hours later she calls me to tell me a joke. I go back to sleep, 2 hours later she calls to tell me it's hailing. She must be really bored & lonely with dad out of town. So I finally get up, DH said we should ask if she wants us to get lunch and bring it over. She hmm'd and said no.. sheesh. So DH is gone to get us Arby's.. I'm going to try their chicken club salad, the picture on the website looked good.. and they put egg in it! I miss egg in salads, no one does that anymore.

Have fun Terry on the dress!! And Tracy, for gettin banded in Mexico, I know they've started good threads on it, but Wasabubblebutt has a lot of good info if you have specific questions.

Pool Party at Suzies??? wooohooo, sounds like fun!!

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the new non smoking me!! At about 3 PM I had the worst craving yet for one but I pushed the devil behind me and won that battle! Like Terri said, it is just a craving, not a command :o. Wise words. Now if I can just not replace the craving ith food I will be OK. THAT part is the battle!!!

My mom & stepdad took Macy home with them and dh is at work:biggrin::thumbup:ALONE TIME!

Judy-glad you had a good meeting today...I wish I could have been there.

Laura-sounds like you may be as tired as I am. Poor thing!

Terri-how did the dress shopping go with dd today?

Pam-A new purse sounds nice. Great idea! I will have to wait until I find just the right one.....a dream purse:biggrin:

Have a great evening violets!!

back after a long long day at work!! I locked myself out of my house a couple of years ago and had to go to a neighbors house and call work to have my first customer come and get me!!! I was so mad that I locked myself out of the house without my keys, and my customer said on the way back, don't you have a spare set in your purse?:sneaky::):tongue::eek::o:redface: Need I say anymore!!!

Going to see "The Wedding Singer" tomorrow, it was the only thing really on our series I know nothing of, I have seen the movie a long time ago, but other than that haven't heard anything else.

I hope Terry and Laura sleep good tonight and have skinny dreams!!!

Jane

I'm just hoping my baby sleeps!! This is Ethan's first sleep over and I don't know what to expect. I got a good nap in this afternoon so hopefully I'm ready for anything. He's sleeping now so I'm going to hit the couch. Everyone have a good evening..

Nighters..

Hola!

(Speaking of "hola"....where the HELL is HAYDEE?????)

Well, DD and I survived our day of shopping. And, of course, as it turns out after 4 hours of shopping she ended up buying the 2nd dress she tried on at the 1st store we visited. But we had to go to 10 other stores just to make sure it was the right one. It really is perfect and it will make her dad happy too....very elegant and modest .... a black chiffon short dress over a pewter colored satin 'slip'...with a few black bugle beads around the waist. Wednesday we shop for shoes. Oy.

DH met us for dinner at a nice seafood restaurant...he and I split mahi-mahi, a stuffed potato and greek salad. I had maybe 1/5 of it! It was delish. Then DD and I went to the beauty supply place so I could buy supplies for highlighting my hair tomorrow. THEN we went to Barnes and Noble where I bought 3 jewelry books!!! What a fun day....but man, am I exhausted now!

Speakiing of jewelry (my favorite subject!) this morning I made a set of silver "stacking rings" like the ones below...except I have a stack of 5...might make a couple more tomorrow. They're so easy, fast and aren't they cute? I just canNOT wait to start my metalsmithing class next month!!!

G'night all....gonna go play around, maybe shop for some tools on ebay! Wheeeee!

post-213702-13813136709222_thumb.jpg