Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Amazing progress Michelle---you look lovely!!! Be proud!!!

Laura, I didn't mean to compare your DH with Jackie---just the talk of the parallels!!! Was intended as a joke!!! All that is literally over my head, and like you when I have a chance to maybe glom onto what they are saying, I usually ignore it!!!!

You guys talking about past lives.....Do you remember the movie "Defending Your Life" with Meryl Streep? They went into the past life Pavilion---was my DD's favorite part of the movie---when the little lady had been a Sumo wrestler!!!

Kat

I feel like I look years older too. I try not total about it too much. It depresses the heck out of me! People are going to think Macy is my granddaughter.:drool:

Kat and Michelle~ I love the siggy's! I couldn't see them at work so was pleasantly surprised when I came home! You both look beautiful...and Michelle what an amazing difference! I suck at this weight loss thing, but am glad I got tons of skinny biotches as my dear friends. I hate that I'll be the fattest one on our trip! I am gonna get drunk:mad:, lol.

Yeah right----like you were needing a reason, so that one sounded good to you!!!! Don't forget I am an entire year ahead of y'all---and many of them have caught me! So there ya go----that's my reason----fill me up too!!!! LMAO you goof ball!

Kat

Seriously, my neck is starting to look like my mom's, which is fine, except she is 70!!

I am pms'ing like crazy, too. How come last month TOM came early while I was at Disney (why does it do that??) and now this month it's late?? Argh! So today I had to bake my fav cookies: oatmeal raisin... from scratch... for the "jump rope for heart" tomorrow after school... I've made them for this event every year for 8 years... the joke is that my kids always get an "A" in PE once I bake these for the PE teacher! ha! Sooooooooooo it was a DANGER... I wanted to gobble up the dough AND the warm cookies... but INSTEAD I made myself a bowl of wt-control brown sugar oatmeal and ate that! FYI... I hate cooked oatmeal... but everyone keeps raving about it, so I thought I'd give it a try as a b'fast alternative... I bought it just today... who knew I'd need it as a cookie alternative?? It was ok... too lumpity... needs more milk I think next time... but it DID save my a$$ -- I haven't eaten any!!

Michelle.. I seriously believe you are my clone!! I have never eaten oatmeal since I was a baby and my dad forcefed me a bowl because he was in a hurry to get to the airport to watch airplanes take off and land. I barfed up the whole bowl and have not in all my young and adult life ever eaten oatmeal. I bought some last week and had my first bowl the other day. It wasn't too bad after I mixed in some Splenda brown sugar and raisins. I had my second bowl today and it was darn good. I guess I'm a grown up now!!

I'll take that as a compliment, Laura! I don't think I actually AM any smarter... in fact, I'm afraid the opposite may be true... but I'll be happy to bamboozle folks into thinking that I am!!

I'm still iffy on the oats, Judy... but glad I'm not the only one experimenting!

G'nite!

Michelle, you are doing soooo great!!!!!!!!!!! Not only can you tell a HUGE difference in the pic you didn't eat any cookies/dough!!!!!

I feel soo lonely without a sig box!! Everyone has one!!! (I sound like I am 10 don't I)!!!

Okay I am going to walk some on the treadmill while I watch American Idol.

Jane

Michelle, You look amazing. What a big difference. Be very proud of yourself.

Just got home from our shift at the hospital. We were very busy. Got to go to the birthing center and we heard a newborn. Didn't get to see it. Now we are home and my feet are killing me. That 2 mile walk the other day did me in and I'm still recuperating from it.

This morning I had to open the store at 6am. That meant I had to get up at 4:30 to get ready. Than I only worked 2 hours. Can't figure out what kind of shift that is. Weird.

Tomorrow's a very busy day for me. I'm tired just thinking about it.

Watching Idol to see how David is doing. I hope he makes it through. He's pretty good.

Have a great evening.

My question is for everyone.

When you go in for an appointment and you get on the scale and it hasn't moved in the right direction or you stay the same. What does your Doctor have to say to you. Are they compationate or do the give you a hard time? What are some of your responses to you not losing weight? What do you say to your Doctor?

I know I can't have been the only person to have walked in there and not have lost weight. I know this is a slow process and that I could lose faster if I ate 500 calories a day. I'm not willing to do that. I try to keep it 1000 to 1200 calories.

No matter what my loss is or how slow it is, I'm the happiest girl. I Love my band and because of it I'm 143 pounds lighter and I know that I will never gain that back.

Just wanted your opinion on this. Thanks.

My Doctor is very compassionate. I have been really struggling the past few months and had tummy problems to boot (with the iron) and she told me this was a long process and everyone goes through it. I had a real long talk with her last time because I was so frustrated and she is leaving! She told me that I would probably be losing for the next two years because I have so much to lose. You are not alone Susie!! It is a hard hard fight. I love my band also, just didn't know that at times it would be such a struggle. But, I hope all Dr.s are caring and compassionate with weight gain or plateaus.

Jane

Ok... so look at this comparison... oh my gosh! ~~

mepre.jpgmar122008c.jpg

& you can see the neck issue in the pic on the right, too... ack! fat but taut... thinner but wrinkly... what a choice!!!

Michelle,I think you are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I love that pouty mouth of yours and your perky little nose...and you do NOT have a turkey neck!! I think you are just looking for something to criticize because you're just used to doing that! (I know I am!) Just look at the difference in these two pictures! Simply AMAZING and I am soooooooooo proud of you!!! Mmmmmuuuah!!

I feel soo lonely without a sig box!! Everyone has one!!!

I don't have one yet either, Jane. I generally HATE pictures of myself (do I really look like that?? :drool:) and no matter how I try I can't seem to get one I like! :teeth_smile:
My question is for everyone.

When you go in for an appointment and you get on the scale and it hasn't moved in the right direction or you stay the same. What does your Doctor have to say to you. Are they compationate or do the give you a hard time? What are some of your responses to you not losing weight? What do you say to your Doctor?

The last time I went to the doctor I had only lost 5# in 5 months....and he was thrilled!! I was like, "Huh??" Tracy and I have the greatest doctor in the world!! He is just happy that the scale is moving in the right direction and that's all he cares about....not whether it takes 10 months or 10 years, it's all good. He does not prescribe a strict diet either... "just eat what you enjoy eating, only less of it." When I heard those words in his seminar I wanted to throw my money at him then go kiss him on the lips. :teeth_smile: Suzie, it's very difficult to lose weight consistently. Some people do, but most don't. Don't beat yourself up...you've done a FANTASTIC job! I can't imagine that your doctor would have any problem with it if you don't lose for one or two or even three months!! As long as you aren't gaining 20-25 pounds he should be very happy. And so should YOU!

Good evening, Violets.

Just in from the hot tub and doing my toning exercises in there. It's 24 degrees out so it was a beautiful night to be in a hot tub under the stars.

Watched American Idol and I think the right person went home. Suzie.. David is still doing great!!

And my doctor is very compassionate. When we hit a plateau he just says .. do you think you need a fill? Then he says not to worry, it will come off. Just keep at it. It takes time. And I always know exactly why I stay the same or gain. It's all in my hands now. While the initial weight came off quick, it's taking forever now, but I feel so good about how far I have come. I went to a clothing store here in Alpena that I had never been to in the 24 years we have lived here. The clothing is expensive and the sizes run small. I got a couple of sweaters in size L for next winter and a Pendleton big shirt for 60% off. Such a deal and the lady who owns the shop is a member of our Alpena church. She couldn't stop gushing about how good the Bobster and I looked. Never once did she ask us how we did it.. just kept saying how amazing it was. Same thing happened at the library last Sunday. I had not seen the librarian in awhile and she was just floored. First words out of her mouth were.. "Hi... oh my gosh Judy, you've lost a lot of weight!".

Those are the things that keep me going. The little NSV's that come when you're least expecting them make it all worthwhile. I just wish my parents had lived to see me finally succeed at this weight loss challenge.

Ethan comes again in the morning, so I better head to bed. Hopefully I won't get konked on the head again!!

Everyone have a good night. sleep well.

Ok... so look at this comparison... oh my gosh! ~~

mepre.jpgmar122008c.jpg

& you can see the neck issue in the pic on the right, too... ack! fat but taut... thinner but wrinkly... what a choice!!!

I don't see wrinkles...I see a beautiful woman! You look fantastic!

I came over here to say something....now I can't remember what it was. :drool:

Oh yeah. I sent out the flying monkeys to look for Haydee!! Where the h-e-double-toothpicks is she???

Tracy and Janie~ I just saw the sequester house and I would bet a gazzillion dollars that is in Palm Springs. That is my mountain. A few years ago, it was here too. I hope you all got a peak at the house...that is where I live!

Too cool!