Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

oh terry

how did you ever guess... the one person who can destroy my birthday in a matter of seconds

hey pam

would you meet me/us at disney for xmas? or would you like a house guest for a day... thinking about going to LA for xmas

that is if I can save up some spending money

Terry~ No I haven't been taking ANY Vitamins or anything. I am sooo far off the health wagon, it (the wagon) is parked down the street. I don't know what is wrong w/ me. I'll know in a week if I can get this thing done...and if so, when. Can't wait. Lets just say, after the ultrasound today, it looked like I'd been shot. Sooo embarrassing. Oh well...deal w/ it, it need this done, huh? Gonna take vitamins and Iron daily from here on out. I just put them on the counter so I don't forget. Need to get a fill next Wed and get a B12 shot then too!

Jenn~ Hell yeah! Either way. I am about 120 miles from Disney or would love a house guest. Let me know...we'll be here!

Feel like chatting w/ a violet. Thought about calling someone, but couldn't decide who.

peaceout

TracyK and Janie~

If you guys go to BB Chatter and click on videos, you'll see the VERY LATEST like 10 min ago, videos of what is going on in the Big Brother house. I am loving the Showtime thing, but this is almost better. See if you can find Josh in the hot tub 2 nights ago...omg...he is really cracking!

Too weird, that is freaky how Josh is losingit/entertaining/odd/you name it?!?!

Pam be very careful if you take iron!!!!! I have been having problems ever since I took the Iron for a few weeks. Just beware of tummy trouble and if you have any signs stop taking it and see if it helps.

Jane

I mentioned to my DD that there was a discussion about getting tattoos while in TX. She showed up here this evening, and she come to talk to me about the tattoo!!! She wanted Rick to be here.

Back when I began looking into being banded, she was recently divorced, and she and the baby were living with us. I had researched several Dr.'s, but was going under the assumption at the time that insurance was still going to see the light!

So one day out of the clear blue, I get this email from Mexicali Bariatrics. I knew for a fact I had not signed up for anything from them---I had not looked into going out of the country---as I say I thought insurance would come through.

This started a conversation with my Mom, Manda and I about my Grandma. She had been diagnosed with a form of Luekemia, and was not responding to the type of treatment she was being given. In the end she went with her sister to Mexicali to a clinic there, and received treatment. They remained in Mexicali for 12 weeks. When she come home, she was in remission. This was in her late 40's---I was a baby. She lived til I was in my late 30's. She always spoke of Mexicali like it was this beautiful, wonderful place. It was---it allowed me to grow up with the most awesome Grandma!

So I never saw the website again until 2 days after insurance fell through. I cried those 2 days away. Opened my computer up to another email from them. Manda was home, we opened the site, began scrolling through the pics----and about fell out of our chairs. In their pictures there is one of a very heavy woman in a hospital bed---ladies, that could be me in that picture!!! Everyone kind of freaked out!!!

So, to be very honest, I wondered about Grandma leading me....so I mentioned this Dr. to my original surgeon choice, and he knew him immediately---he had mentored with him in a laproscopic training course. He supported the decision, and spoke with him. So I had my Uncle do some digging. He is an MD, in the states of course....but he found good things too.

I was hesitant about spending the $$$ out of our account, and was being very wishy washy about it. On the 3rd day of my uncertainty of what to do, I got a call from a Mrs. ---------- same last name as my Grandma, who was with Geico insurance, the insurer of the person at fault in the accident that basically cost me my insurance coverage for the band. She made me a cash settlement offer. We all kind of freaked out over the name. I made the call to set the appointment the day I received the check from Geico.

Mexicali, was not what I expected....yet I felt incredibly secure. It was made more so....and I know the eyebrows will go up in question over this...but girls it is true....3 times while there, I found pennies---American pennies (My Grandma is the one who ALWAYS referred to them as pennies from heaven) but the pennies were never alone, they were with a cigarette butt each time! My Grandma smoked like a freight train---but she smoked very particular cigarettes---they were called Parliament. They have a very different filter. It has a hollow place on the tip of the filter with this little baffle type of thing....never knew why....just that it did. Each of the 3 pennies was near a Parliament filter type of cigarette butt!

My DH and my SIL were there to witness it, in fact my SIL found the last one!

I truly believe my Grandma has been with me through this, she would be soooo happy and proud of what I have done. She would have went with me....just to get back to Mexicali!

My Grandma was a woman before her time! She worked as a welder during the war, and was capable of doing most anything. She was not perfect! She married my Grandpa, and had my Mom, and her mother (my great Grandma) lived with them her entire life. When my Mom was a young girl, my Grandma left her family, and moved to California....and lived a wild few years. I have pictures of her partying in a club with Johnny Cash! She eventually come home, and set to making up to her family, and had another daughter. She never judged....anything I did, she supported me!

She loved a good margarita!

Amanda reminded me of all of these things. Her point being---if Grandma was alive, she would go and meet her friends, and she would have a few margaritas, and have a wonderful time, and she likely would have gotten a tattoo!

My Grandma's name was Violet.....

So even if I don't do the tattoo----my DD is. She wants one, a small 1" Violet on her foot or ankle.

She come to tell Rick, that he needs to support me if I want it done. She took us all back through all of these things my Grandma was with me for.....and after all that he listens patiently and he says to her-----I told her to do it! Talk about taking the wind out of someones sails!!!! Was so funny!!!!

Had to share----sorry for the book length post!

Kat

Pam (or anyone else) call me if you feel like chatting!!

Happy birthday Jen? I don't know how you people find out, it must be an option somewhere I am missing. I only know when someone else posts first.

Don't let BF mess it up, tell him to piss off and enjoy a night out with the girls!!!

Morning girls

really tired.

Laura - I took the emaiil list and put the birthdays in outlook.

off to start my day. bf... well f'n dick . . .

Pam, if i can fly, we will be there... mom is so excited when i told her my idea

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNIFUR!!!!!!!

Good morning violets.

Terri-stupid is definitely a side effect. My sister and my friend were both eaten up with it and now I am too.:wink: It is horrible. Like absentmindedness and I cannot stand it!! Beofre my sister found out what was causing hers, she was making an appt w/ a neuroligist cause she just knew she had some kind of brain issue...seriously. Then she found out that it was a side effect from Chantix. She stopped taking them and now she is back to her strait thinking self again. I just need to make sure I am surrounded by angels while I am taking these pills cause there is no telling what will become of me!!

Pam-call me anytime, seriously. That BB video was a hoot. He is definitely losing it. Maybe he is on chantix too! :smile:

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Pam (or anyone else) call me if you feel like chatting!!

Happy birthday Jen? I don't know how you people find out, it must be an option somewhere I am missing. I only know when someone else posts first.

Don't let BF mess it up, tell him to piss off and enjoy a night out with the girls!!!

I took the email list we got and added the birthdays to my calendar for the year.

Good Morning, violets..

I'm up and waiting for Ethan to arrive for the day. Yesterday was a busy day as usual. Had my hospital shift in the morning, PMS luncheon in the afternoon, picking out new music for my singing group in the evening. That was my "day off". I have Ethan for the rest of the week... oooops, he's arrived so I better scoot for now. BBL...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNIFER!!!

Jennifer - Celebrate this new year, new you, new attitude, new body, new job....by giving that asshole a kick to the curb, dammit!!!!:huh2: This is just NOT who you are anymore!!!!!

Make it a GREAT day....just to spite him!!! You are a beautiful, strong, independent woman!!!! CELEBRATE!!

Morning Violets~

I am up and heading into work today. Then teeth cleaning and a meeting from 6-8pm! Long day...glad I slept 12.5 hours yesterday.

Glad you like the video. It was hysterical!

Why are you up so late Laura?? Man, I hit the hay between 9-10. Thanks for the phone call options ladies...felt like chatting. Next time, I'll call. I wanna chat w/ everyone before our trip.

Speaking of which...woohoo!

Off to play scrabble!

xoxoxoxo