Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Pam, The Winchester House was one of my favorite things to see when we would go to San Francisco. We would stop in San Jose for a day and visit. I like the staircase where the steps were only an inch high. Took forever to get up them.

Maybe it was the Ghost and not the tequila?????

Oh Pam I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!

I have wanted to go to the Winchester Mystery mansion since I was like 8 ROFL.

I've watched all kinds of documentary things on it, it looks so friggin cool. Was it as cool in person? Tell me all about it!!

Oh yeah, for all my ghost bustin violets...

we went to Winchester Mystery House Home Page yesterday. It was great!

Weird, I couldn't chnage the font on the othre post???

Must take nap!

Oh that is so cool! DH and I would love to go on that tour! My God, how long were you there? It seems that it would take hours to walk around that place!!!

Pamela---know you have someone suffering right along with you---Rick was feeling no pain last night, and lots this morning!!!!

We went to Ed & Lori's---ladies this house is amazing!!! It is over 6000 square feet. The entire lower level is done in African design---they spent 3 years in Africa---DH & I were only there for 6 months! They are practised hosts----and showed everyone a great time. They served steak, which was about 2 inches thick---but VERY tender! Tiny bites, and I managed some. I made this call, that I figured everyone would be talking and eating---and I could always kind of talk with my mouth closed more than usual, because we were eating, so I went to the bathroom, just before sitting down to the table (table sat 18---and was formally set---but with HUGE colorful mexican platters) and removed the spacer partial---and ate fine without it. Then when they were bringing dessert in, I excused myself and put it back in---and refused dessert. It hurt so bad, I was able to avoid the chocolate cake!!!

I'll tell ya---I use a salad plate at home all the time, I have not used a full size plate at home since surgery. When I go out to dinner the plates always seem huge. These last night were monstrous!!!! I looked at my plate with this HUGE steak, and loaded mashed potatoes, and fresh steamed green Beans, and salad, and garlic rolls, and thought to myself, I used to would have been embarassed to have this much food, and I served myself tiny portions! But always before I was the fat wife, and thought everyone was thinking---she does not need to be eating---but I would have easily eaten all that food, and my dessert. As it was I ate meat, and a few little bites of everything else. My plate looked almost as full when they took it b ack, as when I filled it, but I was waaaaay full!

Was a fun night, lots of laughs, lots of drinks for some of them. I was not drinking. #1 I was driving, and #2, I never knew if I was going to need pain meds when I got home from eating. So I feel wonderful this morning. Rick, not so wonderful!

He was told, it looks like he will be offered the position when his boss leaves. Which is good news. It is an easier position, more people to point to and tell what to do!! I tease him about doing that now! This step up will likely be his last, he is not interested in going further in the company, he does not want to try a DM position, he is not of the right personality. He does not like going on game hunts, and entertaining clients--he is fine in the background, that is where Rick prefers to be. And he is good there. He will probably stick there, and retire in 5 years. Unless the oilfiled tanks, and he will work for lots more!!! LOL

Well my glasses are in! I am going to go get them today. Now maybe I can see to drive at night especially!

Jenn--hope you continue to feel better.

Yes, Terry go floss and brush, and repeat, and repeat, and repeat! He actually told me if I had not take such excellent care of my teeth this one would not have lasted broken as it was for the decades it did!!! So what you really need to do----is avoid being backhanded!!! Sad but true.

Oh heck DD is on her way over so we can go pick up my new eyes---better run!!!

Hugs!

Kat

Laura and everyone~ The house was sooo cool. I remember my mom telling me about it years ago. Made me feel good to go, like she was w/ me. The tour takes 75 min. for the house, then you can do an independent gardens tour...but that is just a great garden, not much to do w/ her. It was weird, and at one point I felt claustrophobic on the 1 in stairs. She was a skinny little thing. I loved it and the stained glass from Europe and the Tiffany Co. was AMAZING! I mean really amazing. She spent over 3 million during the turn of the century remodeling her home...everyday for 38 years. It is huge. And there is evidence of damage from the 1906 earthquake too. Even the 1986 earthquake too.

Ok...Had a bagel and some coffee...a shower and a short nap. Feel sooo much better. Gotta pack and find my boss somewhere. I'll check back in from home tomorrow. I have a date w/ my beautiful girlfriend tonight! dinner and a movie...and NOOOO MARGIES!

xooxoxox

Yay Tracy!!!

Got my glasses, I see better, but now that I see better, not so sure I like the frames!!! Oh well--seeing is the important part!!!

Shopped a bit with DD, and am now vegging at home with Rick. We are planning dinner with Becky & Gary---Becky wants to go somewhere with a BIG salad bar she said, she wants some salad!!! OK---should be easy enough!

Will spend some time hanging out at home first---thinking of going and putting on my sweats!!!! Getting kind of cold out already, really overcast....yuck! Will check in with y'all in awhile....Tracy, I don't even feel guilty that all my stuff is not done----well ok, maybe a little bit!!! LOL

Kat

A new pastor was visiting in the homes of his parishioners. At one house it seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came to his repeated knocks at the door.

Therefore, he took out a business card and wrote "Revelation 3:20" on the back of it and stuck it in the door.

When the offering was processed the following Sunday, he found that his card had been returned. Added to it was this cryptic message, "Genesis 3:10."

Reaching for his Bible to check out the citation, he broke up in gales of laughter. Revelation 3:20 begins "Behold, I stand at the door and knock." Genesis 3:10 reads, "I heard your voice in the garden and I was afraid for I was naked."

:lol::lol::):lol::cool2::lol::huh2::lol:

Sitting here in the livingroom listening to the 2 drunks in the diningroom telling each other what they will do when they win the 200 million lottery tonight. Just how many Harley's can you own? :lol:

Well Suzanne---ours are not all Harleys-----but we are at 7 motorcycles and counting!!!

Well we didn't find a salad bar----we did chinese!!! Rick and I shared the Mongolian triple....mmmmmmm

BBL~~

Kat

Tracy, love the joke!! Had a relatively busy day at work and this week turned out to be okay even with a snow day!!

You know I told you I was going to go to the coin shop and see about selling my gold that I never wore? I got $300!!! There were earrings that didn't have a mate, tangled up necklaces, and a bangle (sort of, not as substantial as a bangle). Wow, I think I am going to save that money and spend it in Texas!!

Have a good day, don't forget to set your clocks up!!

I guess I should have bought a lottery ticket!!

I have walked on the treadmill every day this week!!!! Still been eating bad, but at least I walked every day!!

Jane

Good morning violets...

today my babygirl comes home.:angry::thumbup: I enjoy when I have some momma tme but I sure do miss her!! We had to move her bedroom to another room. We swapped her with dss and dsd room. Macys room is the coldest room in the house even when the heat is on it is freezing cold in there. Since dsd and dss are here just a couple of times a month, they won't be affected too badly. We are almost through moving everything...just wall decorations and stuff in the closet left to move so it isn't that much.

Jane-good for you on getting rid of the gold. Not bad money at all!!

Everyone have a great Sunday!

Good morning girls

Kat, I just got glasses too, I can actually see and driving is so much nicer! what a treat. Glad you had a good time and it looks like things will be good for Rick with his job.

2008... it is going to be a great year for all of us... I was just thinking about all the changes we all had besides the weight loss.

going to drink cofffee. going to look at long hair kittens this morning and possibly get some groceries. My stupid vaccume is broken and I don't want to buy a new one pisses me off... it is only a few months old.

Jenn, we just had our vacuum repaired and it was a simple adjustment that only cost $40 to repair. Find a place that will give you a free estimate!

Tracy, speaking of closets I have GOT to get mine cleaned out today.

*** Would anyone like to have my 16W and 1X-2X clothes? *** It's not a whole lot of them...and mostly work-type clothes. I'll be happy to ship them to you.

Good Sunday Morn, Vi's!~~

Just a quick pop-in... we're going to the school's Basket Bingo fundraiser in a few minutes... I've yet to get to yell "Bingo!" in the 4 years we've been doing it, but hope springs eternal! Maybe today will be my day!

Good news! Today the scale read 237!! -80!!! Yay yay yay! (Tried to update my ticker/siggy last night but it wouldn't work... odd. Oh, & I would love one of yours, Laura, but haven't had time to get a pic to you, etc., so will do that someday!!)

I am sooooo motivated to get to -100 before our trip!!!

Terry, I'd love any 16w CASUAL clothes you might have, but don't need work stuff.

Make it a great day, everyone!!!