Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I know!! I KNOW!! He's not getting his exercise either. After this week when I don't have two concerts to prepare for I can focus a little more on busting his butt and getting him back on track. It's a tough job, specially with pineapple upside down cake around! DD wouldn't take it with her today so hopefully DS will take it when he comes to pick up Ethan. Otherwise it goes down the garbage disposal!

Terry---I thought it might be the demerol too---so I have not taken any in the last say 36-48 hours. I took a total of 2 of them since I got the Rx. But the antibiotic I take 4 X a day and that is about how often I hurl it back up! So I called, and he was at a loss....blah, blah, blah. So I called my PCP. Explained the situation, and I now have a sore spot on my fanny------but the antibiotic is IN me! I got a shot---and will likely get one more in 5 days, and be done. So much easier!

I am drinking---faithfully! And today, I had to get some groceries, so Kinsey wanted a corn dog from the deli. So I got it for her, it comes with potato wedges and a drink--I tried eating one of her potatoes and about cried it hurt so bad. So I come home, took out the partial thing, and rinsed----and decided to try one with it out. I ate it---then made me a couple of ham/cheese rolls, and ate them both! I have yet to put the evil torture device back in! If it was not so prominently missing, I would "lose" it! Thinking maybe an hour in---then an hour out. I know if I do that I will probably never get used to it, but man it hurts soooo bad!

I have to wear it tonight to Ed's--Rick's boss. Should be fun....NOT!

Terry, I agree with Laura----who says aging gracefully cannot include a touch up?? Since when do wrinkles and grace interchange??? Rick's family gets horrible bags under their eyes. They literally look Fluid filled on several of his Aunts, and now his sister is looking that way since her weight loss, the eyes show up, where when her face was full they didn't so much. Rick has them, not as severe, but he wears glasses, and with them on, you never notice it, he ages a lot with his glasses off!

I notice LOTS more wrinkles when applying my make up than 2 years ago. Now whether it is natural aging of 2 years----or the weight loss, or the combination I dunno--but wow! Not gonna be pretty!!!

Well I suppose since I feel so much better without the tooth in, and without the antibiotics rumbling in my belly, I should get some work done.....man, there is ALWAYS a down side!!

Tomorrow--I am taking Lindzie riding. Kinsey is going to see her Dad, and Manda has an appointment to get her nails done--so I am taking Lindzie with me. She is pretty good for me, if she doesn't have Kinsey there to boss around, and she is a little intimidated by the size of the horses, so she is pretty mild!!!

OK--I am going......bbl

Kat

Hello Vi's!~~

No, Judy, I did not get to rest or relax today... not yet, anyway. But it's rain-storming here now thru tomorrow so all ds's soccer practices & games for tonight & tomorrow have been cancelled, so I'm thinking that in a few I may crash on the couch & finally RELAX!!

I had a MAJOR NSV today!! Today 2 friends & I went to "Let's Dish!", the food prep kitchen where I used to work part-time 'til last Fall, to dish up some tasty meals for the month. Even tho I don't work there, I still go there 1x/mo to dish dinners & chat w/everyone. So I'm there and in walks a former co-worker, Tammy, and I say, "Hi Tammy!" and she looks at me and... ready for it?...

SHE DID NOT RECOGNIZE ME!!

This is the first time that this has happened to me since banding! I've had people notice my wt loss (esp. this past week @ school, I've been basking in all the compliments, actually), but not completely not know it's me!

Of course, once she realized it was me, she freaked out & wanted to know ALL about the band. She could use it. Not being mean, just honest. Hey, if a former fattie can't be honest w/a current one, then we're all doomed!

So that was WAY COOL!

But then we went out to lunch @ Red, Hot & Blue (a BBQ place) and I got the Chop salad w/chicken on it and I barely ate 3 or 4 bites and BAM! I knew I had to PB it all up... so off to the bathroom I go, and we all know what happened there, so I won't bore you w/the details...

WEIRD! My 2nd full-fledged PB in a week!

Of course, I didn't eat any more, brought it home, and am now starving (my tummy's even rumbling loudly) & I'm scared to eat it!! Grrrrr.

And that's my day! How's yours??

I love it Michelle!!

I have had several double takes, and even some who have not seen me in my fat years, tell me I have not changed (loved that) but so far they all recognize me.......how proud you must feel!!!

I still have my tooth thing out, and am loving life....!!!!

Kat

Wooooo Hoooooo on the great NSV's, Michelle!! :tongue: That's awesome. The Bobster and i will be going back to our second church in Lewiston, Michigan on the 30th. We haven't been back there in years. It will be interesting to see what people say when we arrive. We served there 11 years before our 19 years in Alpena. It's only about an hour away from here and that's where 3 of our 4 kids were born. Daughter Kris was 2 when we left and she's 25 now. Can't believe how quickly time files! At least when I go back, I'll be standing proud and not depressed about how I look.

Time for me to shower and get dressed for my concert tonight. I'll be home late as we're going out to eat afterwards. For me, I'll be going out to PB probably.. :tt2:

Sure do know I have a band!!!

Everyone have a good evening!!

Gonna put the torture device in my mouth and head to dinner---wish me luck!!!

Check in with y'all laterz!

Kat

Kat, Is this thing something you're going to be wearing all the time? ...but supposedly it gets easier as the socket heals? UGH! How awful! I think I'll go brush AND floss my teeth now....and then do it again!

Good morning violets-

I actually slept all night and if I had weird dreams, i don't remember them! Those Chantix pills have been making me wake up 4 times a night so last nast was a real peaceful and restful night! I really needed that. Man...it is quiet with macy gone. I know she is having a blast. The party for her 'pop' went good yesterday. I only had one small sliver of cake. OH...I forgot to tell you all something. I ate a fold over chicken salad sandwich the other day! You are probably thing....ummm, so what. Here is the deal. That is the first peice of bread I have allowed myself to eat since 04/11/07. OMG, you would have thought it was a 9 course meal. I devoured every bite! It is nice to be in control of what I stick in my pie hole!! Anyway, I am just proud of that and wanted to share it with you all.

Terri-ask your ps if he has a 2 for 1 deal going on :tea:

Kat-i feel so bad for you. I am praying that your tooth heals quickly!

Jane-you were a woman of alot of words in your last post....are you OK?

Judy-how was your concert last night?

Michelle-great NSV! way to go!!

Pam-are you still on your trip?

Jenn-hope you are feeling better!

Laura-I meant to tell you I really enjoyed the religion vs. science thing you posted on here. love loved it!

Hi Haydee, Suzie, denise, TracyKS and all my other violet sistas!!

Have a great Saturday!!

Oh, I am fine, I just try to post in the morning and at night and didn't have anything to say. Nothing wrong, just a slow day on the board, and in my life!! :tea:

Getting ready to hop in shower and go to work, but remembered that I have a meeting Tuesday morning of which I am the secretary and have not done minutes yet!! Better and try to get them done before work!!

Jane

I think I need a hip replacement.

Last night we had the next door neighbors over along with their in-laws and a few other friends. It's Mike last weekend here. He leaves for Kosovo on Monday and will be gone a whole year. We decided to have a real nice get together for him and spend as much time as we could. So off to the store I went and spent about a hundred dollars on food. We ended up having a shrimp fry and boil. OMGoodnes. It was absolutely delicious. I mean better than and restaurant I've been too. So afterwards we go over to their house to play Wii. Here lies my problem. I think I threw my hip out playing bowling. We had such a good time and spent 2 hours laughing like crazy.

Now I need to go figure out how to do a workout today so I can burn off the 10 shrimp I managed to get down last night.

When is Tracy supposed to be back from her Honeymoon?

Michelle, congrats on the NSV. That was awesome.

Everyone have a great day.

Goooooooood Morning, Violets!!

Well, one concert down and one to go. It was a good concert in spite of the fact that 2 of the sopranos had colds. Our newest member had a great part on one of the gospel songs.. she gets up to a high C and that's glass shattering, but she couldn't do it last night and she was sooooo disappointed. But we made it through and got a standing ovation from a packed house. You can't ask for more!! I was looking forward to a Tuesday off from rehearsals, but they want me to come in and help pick out music for the fall concert so there goes American Idol for one more week!!

Kat, TracyK and Jenn.. feeling better today??? I feel like a cold is trying to get me, but I'm resisting with my Zicam so far.

Well, I need to get going and get to K-Mart and see if I can find some St. Patty's day socks. Our flute quartet members have been giving each other socks on the holidays and it's my turn. Though we do play serious music, we have a couple of fun pieces to play in our concert tomorrow. One is called chicken Chowder Rag and we have yellow feather boas to wear along with a toy chicken that the Bobster is going to make squawk during the piece. Should be fun!! :tea:

Everyong have a good Saturday. Will check in later...

Morning gals

feeling better, but I can't get the gunk out of my chest. I only took 1 musinex yesterday morning and it was not enough. so I took 2 last night and didn't cough all night, but of course woke up sounding like i have smoked for 60 years.

I am off to get dd's eyes checked and get groceries. because I have been so sick it has been a long time since going to the store.

Remember that neighbor who I had the falling out with after surgery? Well she was going to come to my grams wake and her mom passed away the night before. So... I sent her a card just saying hey, thinking about her and miss her... anyway she called me and said we would get together soon.. so Wed I sent her a text asking if she wanted to get together this week for coffee or a drink.... so long story short. last night ds and I went to her house for dinner. She gave me a big hug, and we never spoke a word about what happened, just caught up.

Pam - Yup... that would be a toy party. I'm going to have another too but I'm going to a different one than the ones i usually have so I'm going to see which one i want to have. They are so much fun.

Tracyk - hmmmmmmmmm a movie star... maybe i missed my calling. LOL

Judy- I have come so far.. it is nice to get a paycheck for almost 3 times the amount I was getting and I am so much stronger than I was just a year ago

Kat - I'm glad you are getting better too...

Terry - my friend had a sagging lid and it created vision problems so she had a lit lift. it was actually quick and simple... I say go for it. LOL

Hey Violets~

OMG...toooooooo many margies. Had tooooo much fun. Whole body hurts. Basicaaly i wanna die, but noooo that would be tooo easy. i gotta get on a plane. yuckyuckyucky! At one point in the night, I ordered 3 drinks and it cost 36bucks...wow! spent too much money and learned these 3 things:

1. My principal is a blast!

2. Patron tequilla hurts.

3. I am toooo old for this shit.

I am sure there are many other lessons from last night, but that is as high as I can count now.

TTFN

xoxoxo