Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I am home---and hurt like a bi*ch sorry---but way too true.

They put my partial in already, and it is pressing deep into the socket where they just tried to remove every organ left in my body through.

I know I am whining....I tried to lay down but could not sleep due to the throb, throb, throb. So thought I would occupy my mind while the pain meds take affect. I pray they do not freak out with my band.

As for the blood thing. When I had my thyroid surgery she explained different surgeries require different lengths of time to wait. She told me point blank that the longest wait is following a cancer Dx, and it is a year after treatment ends and a remission statement from the oncologist. Then she ask if I had had any tattoo's in the last year---I said No, is that how long the wait is?- and she said Yes, with a tattoo it is 1 year. This was through United Blood Services. I know I could wait a year, but it is something I do feel pretty strongly about. Without it Rick would have died within minutes. So there is a part of me REALLy glad those people didn't do anything that required a wait of a year.

In all honesty with the questions they ask me, I have to wonder if your Sister is being honest with them Laura, they are so thorough---about tats, and piercings, and EVER having used narcotics involving needles, and even sleeping with someone who every used IV drugs---they exclude a LOT of people. If you answer yes to any of those ???? you are not eligible. Same if you have ever slept with a man who has slept with another man. So not only do I have to behave I have to be glad Rick has too!!! You have said your sister had some drug issues, and with the piercings and tattoos, it makes me wonder.

Part of me wants to sit here and cry, the other part hurts too damn bad to even do that....come on drugs.....

Will check in later.

Kat

We all teased my DH about getting Republican, Dallas Cowboy fan blood anyway!!! He is a serious Democrat, and Broncos fan!!!

Kat- Yeah that's why I talked to her, I explained WHY they do it (HIV, Hepatitis, etc.. poor kids gettin blood transfusion gets AIDS, yadda yadda).. she said she tells them and they told her it was ok. So maybe they haven't changed it, but I dunno why she'd be risky like that. Why bother donating blood if you're risky. But anyway..

((KAT)) ((JENN)) I wish both of you speedy recoveries!!

Trust me, if I can even ENTERTAIN the THOUGHT of getting a TATTOO, that's a major breakthrough! It's quite likely I could be easily convinced to do it, especially with a little liquid help! :shades_smile: I'm thinking a small violet or two somewhere "hidden"... maybe left breast area below where my bra hits? Guess we'll see...

Time to hit the sack... another LONG day tomorrow! (I don't know how you full-time workers do it!! This being "on-the-job" at school all day every day is KILLING ME! + cooking & housework?? FORGET IT!!)

G'night Vi's... sleep tight! (we've got tornado warnings 'til 3am!)

Kat hope you feel better. I am sure that is miserable!!!

Jenn I hope you feel better soon!!

I was really surprised the other day I got the bill from the Urgent care place. I didn't have my insurance card with me so they said they would just bill it as a self pay, I had to give them $25 as a 'deposit' and then I forgot to call with my card number. I got the bill and they gave me a 'self-pay' discount, the bill was $389.10 for two xrays and the Dr. looking at my arm and giving me antibiotics for my flu or whatever it was, anyways they gave me a discount of $309.10, so I only owe a total of $80!!!! I am amazed it is sooo cheap! I almost am afraid to turn it in to my insurance co. because I am afraid I will owe more than 80! My deductible is $2500. so whatever they charge I have to pay. It costs me more to go to my Dr. and be in there for 2 minutes while he makes sure I am still alive. Health Care just when I get it all figured out and think they are out to get as much money as possible, the rules change!!

Oh well I didn't do good on CTCD!!!

I hope you are feeling better Susie!!

Jane

Ok I made a siggie for us (see below!) If you want to use it, let me know and I'll customize it to fit you! If you want one, send me your Band Date & a picture (optional).

I want one too! I will have DH take a new picture tomorrow. Did you create the flowers? Thanks so much Laura.

Denise --

denisesiggie.jpg

Right click, save this picture to your desktop. Then use a free photo uploading program (like photobucket.com) and upload the picture.. and then use the code and paste it in your signature. Let me know when you have done this so I can take it off of mine :shades_smile:

If you have any problems, let me know!

--------

Oh oh oh oh. I was BACK ON TRACK with food yesterday, I did good after such a horrible weekend. And 236lb last night. YES!

THANK YOU LAURA!!! I LOVE IT!!! :blink:

Ok... here's the pic of me and my boy. The Rev. Dr. and Mrs. H. R. Case.
You both look FANTASTIC!!!! Good job!!!!

Hate to tell you guys, but I would probably be the lone holdout...:shades_smile: I'll gladly serve the tequila though!! Tattoos are fine on other people but NOT on me, and NOT on my kids!!
Maybe we can find a "press on" tattoo so you can feel like a rebel for the day. :blink:

Laura - love your talent!

Judy - enjoyed the pic's - especially the one that is your avatar now.

Kat - get well soon - you poor thing!

Jenn - hopefully you will be feeling better and stronger tommorrow!

Have a good night everyone!

Good evening, Violets..

Just in from the hot tub. It's 19 degrees out, but I really needed to relax and unwind after two rehearsals today. After my concert on Friday night and my concert on Sunday afternoon, next week is going to seem like a breeze!!

Kat... hope the pain meds have kicked in and given you some relief.

Laura....I finally got the pic the right size. The first time I grabbed it from the email, but grabbing it from you here was much easier. Thanks!!

Thank you sooooo much for all the compliments on the cruise formal picture. I really loved it too and am glad we bought it. It sure made us feel good to see ourselves all dressed up and lookin' spiffy!!

I'm going to go chat on the video program for a few and then head to bed. I'll leave you with this email I just got. Even though I'm way past worrying about TOM, I still remember what it was like and am so glad to have at least one perk to getting old!!!:shades_smile:

This is an actual letter from an Austin, Texas woman sent to the American company Proctor and Gamble regarding their feminine products. She really gets rolling after the first paragraph. It's PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best webmail-awardwinning letter.

Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your 'Always' maxi pads for over 20 years and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the Leak Guard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from the curse'?

I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my time of the month is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call 'an inbred hillbilly with knife skills.' Isn't the human body amazing?

As Brand Manager in the Feminine-Hygiene Division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customers monthly visits from 'Aunt Flo'. Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying jags, and out-of-control behavior.

You surely realize it's a tough time for most women. In fact, only last week, my friend Jennifer fought the violent urge to shove her boyfriend's testicles into a George Foreman Grill just because he told her he thought Grey's Anatomy was written by drunken chimps. Crazy!

The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in Capri pants... Which brings me to the reason for my letter. Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi-pad, and there, printed on the adhesive backing, were these words: 'Have a Happy Period.'

Are you ****ing kidding me? What I mean is, does any part of your tiny middle manager brain really think happiness - actual smiling, laughing happiness is possible during a menstrual period? Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well, did it, James? FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak girl, there will never be anything 'happy' about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march down to the local Walgreen's armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory.

For the love of God, pull your head out, man! If you just have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like 'Put down the Hammer' or 'Vehicular Manslaughter is Wrong', or are you just picking on us?

Sir, please inform your Accounting Department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flex-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending bull -- And that's a promise I will keep. Always.

Best,

Wendi Aarons Austin, TX

Morning girls

drinking my coffee, getting up. I am still drained but feeling better. I think i'm going to get some musinex today. My lungs are still really gunky. at times I actually sound like i'm purring, then go into a coughing fit. If that was gone I'd be much better

It rained all night, 2+" - thank god it was not the snow they thought was going to hit us

Kat - I so respect what you are saying about the tattoo. Laura is the artist... she can paint one on you for the weekend! American Red Cross has the same rules.

Off to another long day, but at least I am taking my last antibiotic today

Good morning violets-

Hump day! (wish I were typing TGIF instead)

Jenn,Suzie & Kat-I sure hope you feel better soon.

***The next paragraph is not for the squemish (sp)***

Believe it or not I have to call my ob/gun again today because the boil (or whatever it is) from about a month ago still has not gone away....even after he ripped it open last time. It looked like it was getting better then BAM, it came back and I have not been able to drain it good enough I guess. Maybe an ingrown hair? I am in such gruelling pain. The thought of letting him rip it open again is more than I can take. I am next to tears but I know that is the only way it will get better. Oh well, the bright side is at least it is getting documented and maybe it will help insurance cover my TT. Please think of me today friends....I am not looking forward to this dr visit at all. It hurts SO bad. Sorry if that was TMI but I am scared to death and had to share with my sistas.

Try to have a great day violets!!

Eewww, Tracy! So sorry you have to go thru that again! Keep the silver lining (TT) & the Vi's in mind!!

Maybe we can find a "press on" tattoo so you can feel like a rebel for the day. :w00t:
LOL.... too funny!! There was a time I actually came quite close to getting a tattoo. I wanted a tiny little exploding firecracker on my hip. Odd, I know...but there's a story behind it. I tell ya what, though....I am soooooooooooooooooooooo glad i didn't do it!!! So I'm using the benefit of hindsight! I love henna tattoos, though. I think they're beautiful!
Good morning violets-

Hump day! (wish I were typing TGIF instead)

Jenn,Suzie & Kat-I sure hope you feel better soon.

***The next paragraph is not for the squemish (sp)***

...... It hurts SO bad. Sorry if that was TMI but I am scared to death and had to share with my sistas.

Tracy, surely if they can send a man to the moon they can do something to alleviate that pain!! Why not shoot it up with something first? I"m so sorry:sad:. I don't like to think of you or Kat or any of my Vi's being in pain!! :thumbup:

Speaking of which...I think that flu season is just about over down here and i made it through once again without getting sick. I must have the strongest immune system ever! Thank God for that!

Jenn, it's such a shame that you've been so sick during this time. Your new co-workers don't even know the real you yet! You've been sick the whole time! That Mucinex should do a good job for you. They prescribe that for my mom, so it must be good.

Janie, that's why I was wondering why your doc prescribed such an expensive medicine for you when Mucinex does such a great job?! Maybe he thought you needed a cough suppressant more than an expectorant. Docs have no idea, nor do they seem to care, about the actual cost of the Rx's are that they prescribe! Sheesh.

Can ya'll believe we go into Daylight Savings Time already this weekend? Isn't that way earlier than we used to do it??? :confused2: I'm one of those people who actually hates DST. I guess 'cause it's so hot here during the summer that having the sun up until 8:30p is just grueling!

I'm so excited... starting to plan my summer vacation. I'll be turning 50 this summer and i get to pick! One week in Steamboat Springs. Ahhhhhhhhh. Wish it were a month!!...or TWO!! Oh, I could so do that.