Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Pam I love your living room, I have some of those paintings (the circle swirlies) you have! I never hung them up, cause I am so indecisive. I LOVE the look of a designed room, but I am lacking the eye for it. The girl who painted my house, her house is amazing.. browns, reds, faux finishes, etc. But I have a thing for cool colors.. when I was younger my brothers bedroom was a yellow color and I always had hot flashes just walking in, so ever since I kept saying I want ALL COOL COLORS. Now my house looks a little like an easter egg, but.. oh well lol. I wish I could do red without worrying about it feeling hot.

I missed the original post about tattoos, what are ya'll thinking of getting? V Tattoos on our Margarita.. I mean Gruene trip?

Here's Pam's living room!!

pamlr2.jpg

pamlr1.jpg

pamlr4.jpg

pamlr3.jpg

Oh and let me confess, this weekend I have been a BAD GIRL!! It's like it's TOM (But it's not). I literally, hand to God, felt like I was starving every waking minute. Which means it's head hunger. But I couldn't control myself.

I literally have been eating non-stop. I think I have had too many bad things in the house lately. DH bought some Easter candy, I ended up eating the whole bag this weekend. And it spurred me into eating more bad stuff, I guess? I'm at 239 today. Darn. Not changing my ticker, but that bag is gone, so back into control (hopefully!). No more bags of candy in this house!!!!!

Laura~ Thanks so much. I've wanted to post those for a long time, just didn't know how!

Wow! Pamela I would never be so brave with color. Of course I live with a man who wants to paint everything white!!! He wants lots of color elsewhere----but he is double color blind. He cannot tell browns/greens/some blues....nor can he distinguish reds/oranges. The 2 colors he always gets right are white---lack of color! And yellow. So he had developed this plan of white walls....then he went with whatever was in the JC Penney catalog under the same color! I kid you not! When we got back together, his entire house was done in Khaki and white. Not any shade variation, because if he ordered towels, or sheets, or curtains---he ordered JCP's Khaki # such and such, and it all worked! Was kind of comical. He hates pink----his entire house when he was married before was pink. He does not want to live in a pink house, but he always tells me how pretty I look when I wear it!!! Go figure!

So we have spurts of color---all done by me! And we do have some white walls as well. We have lots of sagey greens, taupes and yep still hanging with some of his khaki!!! Burnt orange in teeny tiny amounts is highlight in the LR. An overall western feel---lots of antique country implements, farm tools etc., a cowhide rug, wraught Iron, barbed wire! A wall full of huge saws! The kitchen is also done in a tone of sage green, and white with red barn accessories! Bedrooms all have the continuing color to the LR area, but are each also highlighted in another color with it...pretty boring! But it is cozy and warm....and we are both comfortable with it!

I am envious in a way of the bright color! Not sure it is me....but the idea of starting a room with a clean slate is always fun!!

Anyone watch Oprahs Big Give tonight?

Well I am going to go soak in the tub for a bit. I don't have Kinsey tomorrow. Lindzie had a bad asthma attack, and spent the day in ER----and now has to have nebulizer treatments every 2 hours, so Manda is staying home with her tomorrow. She gets these attacks everytime she goes to her Grandma's house---or to her Grandpa's. Grandpa's new girlfriend has cats, and they found out today her stupid grandma, had failed to tell them the new bed she bought for Lindzie from a co worker was a mass of cat hair on the bottom of the box springs, but she vaccuumed it she said so it would be ok. Idiot woman! The child could die from an asthma attack, and she refuses to educate herself about the issue!

I ate too much for dinner, but overall it was not a bad day. I don't expect with the amount I ate for the scale to move, but it was at least healthy! I drank really well!

Going to Durango to meet up with a girl who is being banded in the next month. Will likely go the end of the week or the first of the following, depending on how this dental thing goes. I am SOOO ready!

Well girls it is snowing....winter is here to stay!

I am so ready for our trip!

Kat

Well, I finally got my taxes done (I think) and going to bed. I have to get up in a couple of hours to go to accountant. My question in life is why did I put this off to the last minute??????

Hope you slept well Michelle.

Did you sleep TracyKs?? Hope you enjoyed the weekend and all the festivities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad your mom is better Terry!

Well I am going to try to sleep some.

Jane

Good morning girls

just checking in... still sick as shit. I was replaced yesterday so I didn't have to work, but didn't know that so dragged my butt out of bed, went to work to get to turn around and c ome home

i'm getting up and ready. I am a mess.

Pam love the color, thaat is close to whata i bought for my back room off the kitchen. and for the tattoo... I want a snapdragon, but i'll color it violet... i'm always game for a tattoo!

y

Laura... love your living room too

tracyks. I'm so sorry i didn't get to wish you best of luck and have fun before you left. i hope you are having a fantastic time... and CONGRATS

Jenn-hope you feel better soon!

Pammie-love the colors in your house! Very cool :thumbup:

Jane-glad you got your taxes done. Now you can rest for another year!

Suzie-any better today?

Judy-hope you made it home safe! We miss you!

Kat-when do you get to have your tooth taken care of? That must be gruelling!

Well everyone...I started taking Chantix (to quit smoking) on Saturday. My insurance covered all but 30 bucks!! That was the deciding factor to be quite honest. I am so nervous about failing on this venture. Scared of gaining weight too. I wasn't going to say anything about it for just in case I failed but then I realized you are all my violet sistas and we can talk about anything! Wish me luck and purple power!

I need to get to work and close out Februarys' business...UGH. That is a 2 or 3 day ordeal. Thank God I only have to do this once a month!

Have a great day violets....((((hugs))))

LUUUUUUUUUUCY, I'm home!! It's back to reality again. The trip was just wonderful. My house is swaying still though, so I don't have my land legs back yet. Waiting on Ethan to arrive, doing laundry today and catching up on 7 days of posts I missed. Will check back later!!

Welcome back Judy!!

The ice storm that they said was coming today sort of fizzled out. Now they are saying a wintery mix tonight.

I have an appointment with my Lapband Dr. today this is the last appointment I will have with you before she leaves. I will miss her.

Well check back in later!!

Have a great week!!!

Glad to have you back Judy, we missed you!!

Pam your living room looks great!! I love color but Juan unfortunately is like Rick. He likes everything in very neutral colors. Well for this new house we compromised. I painted the living room, kitchen and formal dining room a darker shade of tan. That's as much color as he can tolerate, LOL. The rest of the house is a boring khaki.

TracyK - Just take one day at a time. We're not here to judge you just to support you. Try your best and just keep reminding yourself that you started this journey to become healthier...

My weekend was over far too quickly. Actually I think it was for the better since I probably ate enough calories to last me for the rest of the week. Friday night we went to the BBQ cookoff at the rodeo here in Houston. We saw Mark Chestnutt and ate some good BBQ. Saturday we went shopping all day. We went to the Galleria, which is a huge mall here and by the time we came home my legs were killing me. Didn't buy too much. Now that I can fit into regular clothes I always want to buy whatever fits me but I've learned to control myself.

Sunday we had a cookout at my mom's house. It was a little windy but that didn't stop my dad from grilling. My mom is moving soon and we absolutely loovvee the house we grew up in so we're trying to have as many get togethers as possible before they leave. As weird as it sounds now that my parents are empty nesters they are building a huge house because they are bursting at the seams in their current home. How did we all fit when there were two parents and three teenage girls in the house??

I didn't do any housework or laundry all weekend long so now my week will be filled with chores. Yuck. I hate having to come home and not only cook but clean too. Yuck yuck yuck...

Pics are in the camera.. videos are on the Flip. I'm hip deep in laundry and babysitting. HOpefully pics will be downloaded by this evening.

Things will be more back to normal tomorrow once I can find my land legs. The whole house is gently swaying. Always happens to me after a cruise.

Welcome home Judy, we missed you, but I am glad you had a wonderful trip!

I get my tooth/roots removed tomorrow. Not until like 3:30 tomorrow afternoon though.....I am a bit nervous. I have to go get my prescription filled today. Speaking of----I need to call my regular dentist and ask a couple of questions concerning the removal.....ok did that, now I am set.

Going to go shopping today and stock up some more Soups and soft things. Plus I have a big ol' list anyway, might as well get it done while I don't have my Kinsey helper!

My scale is not budging---but my rings will not stay on again....so weight is apparantly shifting....probably all is going to places I don't want it!!!

It is cold here today....but the snow stopped.

Well I am off to do a few minutes on the elliptical before I shower and head off to do my shopping I think. Better check on my email----I have been soooooo lazy this weekend!!

Talk to y'all this afternoon!

Kat