Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I've got 8 minutes left and counting.

I have shrimp firmly stuck in my throat. I was eating at my desk when someone walked into my office and startled me and I swallowed a half chewed shrimp. Nothing I've done has helped. I'll have to stop by and get pineapple juice on my way home. This is not a good feeling. yuck.

After hearing the suggestion here on LBT, I use Papaya enzymes to help get stuck food unstuck. You get them anywhere they sell supplements. They're usually used to assist in healthy digestion. They're handy to keep in your purse and they actually do work pretty well...when I remember that I have them! You chew them up ...they have a minty taste. Not unpleasant at all.

Awesome to hear the progress you're making with your PS, Kat!! That must be really, really exciting for you! I know how much it means to you!

I dropped from 182-184 ...down to 181-183...LOL Yippee. :confused:

Good Saturday Morn, Vi's~~

Sending all good wedding day purple power vibes to Tracy today!! Life IS a highway!!

DS & I are off in 30 mins to drive 3.5 hrs down to Williamsburg, VA, for a fun-filled soccer weekend (well, fun-filled for 1 of us!). We'll spend the night & come home tomorrow after more soccer! I'm taking magazines & knitting & good bandster food w/me... I'm just going to kick back & relax... no "to do" lists for me this weekend! (Of course, you realize that this means that I'll just have to cram all the weekend chores into next week... it's not like they'll magically get done while I'm gone... but wouldn't that be nice if they could??)

Make it a great one... will check back upon my return!

Michelle-have a safe trip!

Tracy-purple vibes for you for a spectacular day!! (((((hugs))))

Terri-does that papaya help for, umm, you know...#2s? :w00t:

Kat-so happy for you about the PS! Gives us all hope!

Jane-I wish I could have Sunday & Mondays off rather than sat & sun!!

Pamela-was your party last night or tonight? (I am too lazy to scroll back to look)

Judy-can't wait to have you back!

Jenn-anxious to hear how your week went!

Laura-are you still not smoking? I heard yesterday that my insurance will cover a portion of Chantix (like more than half). I am nervous! Did they mess with your sleep too bad?

Well, I found out yesterday that dsd and dss do not really like rides at carnivals so I am kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. Macy is dying to go and the other 2 don't really care about going. I guess what we will probably do is just not get day passes for all of us and just pay one at a time for the rides that dd wants to get on. Then leave there and go do something the other 2 kids wanna do.

Have a great day violets!! I will check back in later...

Off to work, but it is suppose to be warmer today and the SUN IS SHINING!!!! That seems to be rare occurance lately! Drinking my coffee and then heading for shower!! This week has been busy thank goodness!!

Have a good day, be careful driving Michelle!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND TRACY!!

Jane

Wow Tracy, I don't think I have ever heard of kids who did not like carnival type rides....take me! take me!!! I LOVE all the rides!!! It isone of my biggies, being able to fit all the rides again without worrying about it! Then I am off to take my grandkids on some riding adventures!!!

Well Kelly, my bandster friend from CO made it in last night after her meetings, and we were up til the wee hours yakking about everything under the sun--was so nice! She gets to come this way occasionally----hope it continues! I also got a PM from a girl in Durango---about 30 miles away--I am going to get into contact with her today. I LOVE finding others!!!

Jane I always loved having a day off during the week, to get all the things done that you couldn't on the weekends. Now keep in mind back when I first did the day care thing, banks were only open M-F. So it was a treat to have a day to do things when everyplace was open and kids were in school. The stores were less crowded....Loved it! Now I am lazy, and off all the time!

My head is still aching....my tooth still sore and inconvenient. Life is not changing a lot right now. Hoping that Tuesday, and the tooth coming out, and the follow up antibiotics, should help with both. I am forgetting what life without a headache is like!

Well not sure, but sounds like Rick has a couple things planned today----so I will likelybe back later. Hoping to get that ride in!!

Will check back with all of you in a little while.

Hope your yard sale is making tons of $$$$ and clearing out lots of junk, Pamela! I bet it was "junk" I wanted......and I didn't get to go!!! Rick actually wants to go to a couple of sales, and a flea market today. He collects knives....and sheaths....so we always go look for finds! I usually find all kinds of things, and he does not!!!

Will catch you girls in awhile! Have a good Saturday!

Kat

HELP....

the other day someone had said (I don't remember who) that coffee can keep you from losing weight....or slow it down. I can not find any facts about it online and have searched. Does someone have a website or something so I can read it? Thanks for any help!!!

(the main reason I am asking is because when I stopped drinking coffee was when I had the flu cause for some reason coffee tasted nasty. BUT, that was when I was dropping insane amounts of weight too. I do not know if the coffee was the reason I was losing steadily or if it was because of the lesser amounts of food cause I was sick. I guess I could try to stop drinking it again to see if it effects the scales again, but I would still like to read something about it)

hi guys

just a quick check in. I had a great week but was sick as a dog, coughed my brains out yesterday but felt better, got home last night and about 9:30... bam... fever... all night, couldn't breathe...

dr at 8:15 am bronchitius... and a good thing you came in because youa re borderline and should be in the hospital, so anyway, just woke up. now have to go work at the stupid pizza shop ... hopefully i won't pass out because that is about how i feel

ill catch up later couldn't even read

It's a beautiful day here today but very, very windy. Hope Tracy has a lot of hairspray. Just glad it's not rainy and cold for her big day.

Other than working this morning not much going on. Hubby got the Harley out and road it down the street. He's still not feeling real whip right now. Should be back to par in a day or two.

Going to go meet my friend Judy tomorrow. We haven't seen each other in about 3 weeks. It wil be fun to catch up.

Jenn, Hang in there. That chest stuff is awful and the sore ribs don't make it any easier.

Kat, glad to hear that the tooth is coming out. Sorry that it just takes so long for them to do anything.

Pam, How did the party go?

JUDY, JUDY, Come home NOW.

Jenn, sorry you are sick.

We just got back from a great ride!!! Stopped at one of our favorite restaurants, ate a bowl of soup---they make the best cheesy green chile chicken soup.........mmmmmm now I guess I am going to go be the audience while Rick welds an axle for a trailer he is building---for some reason he wants me to go....so guess I will, although a nap sounds soooooo much more tempting! Kelly and I stayed up too late! Hope she is ok driving home!

Will check in with all of you later!

Feel better Jenn!

Suzanne---you should have hopped on with your hubby!!!!

Kat

Hi everyone!

Just a quick check in to see if I missed anything exciting.

We went to an entertainment/buffet place today. The carnival rides thing was WAY to busy. We could not even find a parking spot. So, I told macy that momma would bring her back when it is not so crowded, maybe during the week.

Feel better Jenn!

bye everyone!

Hey V's hope you're havin a good weekend!

I went to some Italian restaurant with my dad, and he kept goin on and on about how they have fried cheese ravioli that is killer. (I guess he meant arteries??) I tried a bite, it tasted like 'fried'. There was no flavor. If I sprinkled powdered sugar on it, it would taste like a funnel cake!

Anywho, B&A of my living room! I haven't decided what to hang up yet.. and the flash makes the walls paler, but its an eggplant purple color. And I got rid of our big leather chair, gave it to my parents for their study. With our new entertainment center it didn't fit.

lrbefore.jpg

Into..

lrafter.jpg

Love the color Laura, wanted my bedroom that color, but since I am going to sell in the next few years decided to go with a light greyish green, kind of a hard color to describe.

Saw a swimsuit ad today that said that this suit would make you 4 sizes smaller. I wonder if I wear 4 what would happen??????

Have a good night.

Tomorrow I am under house arrest for getting my taxes ready!!!!

Jane

Hi Ya'll!

TracyinKS - Hope your day was just perfect!! I sure was thinking of you today!

TracyK - Here's an article about caffeine and weight loss from the mayo clinic. Dr. Atkins recommended trying to abstain from caffeine, especially if your weight loss stalled. I tried it, and it made no difference for me. If you have blood sugar issues and/or are insulin resistant, it can be beneficial to quit caffeine. I know that for me it does stimulate my appetite and mess with my insulin levels. I am fine with a cup or two of coffee in the morning, but since I quite Diet Cokes I rarely drink caffeine after morning coffee. I DO feel better but we all know the story of my (lack of) weight loss....

Jenn- Why in the hell are you going to work at the pizza place when you are so sick??? You better lay low tomorrow or I'm gonna come kick your ass!

DH took me shopping at Chico's today and I bought 8 new tops! That was fun! Now all I gotta do is buy the pants to go with them..... I never have good luck with theirs. Not much else going on. Mom did get discharged and is back in the rehab place. She's doing pretty good.

I am seriously thinking of going for a sleep study. I am just not sleeping worth a damn and it's getting SO old. i'm just exhausted all the time. I think I have sleep apnea... ugh.