Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Morning chickies...

Just enjoying my sloppy oatmeal and enjoying your posts...

Still tired and sleepy this morning so I'm just gonna take it easy.

Morning V's.

Yesterday I had 4 bites of the weight control oatmeal.. 1/2c of honey chicken and 1/2c of fried rice (spread over 2 sessions).. 2 scrambled eggs, 1 sausage patty, 1/4c grits (maybe), and 2 bites of Coca Cola chocolate cake.

Ok so, the people trying to sue me for the wrong crap.. well as I was about to go off on a rant, she just called and said they dropped it. Anyway, I had a drafted letter explaining I'm not the person they're looking for and blah blah.. then yesterday I got a letter saying the court date has been set. I was fuming. So I called the plaintiff today (dentist office) and explained to them, that the attorneys are horrible and they said they lost the file, and would call me back- but never did. So I complained to them basically, this is really annoying to me who did nothing to be summoned to a whole nother county for crap. So they called the attorney and had them call me. And they just said it's been dropped. I know what attorney I'm never hiring.. ho hum.

DH left his credit card at the bar last night when we were bowling. He realized it was gone, then yellin' at ME, and I go "I didn't take it, why are you fussing at me??" and I'm helping him retrace his steps, he says "Last thing I used it for was cigarettes". And I go "What about the bar tab?"...What would men do without us??? I called the bowling alley, they had it.. the owner of the bowling alley is best friends with my dad, so I asked them to give it to him and we'll get it later.

-------

AND SOME EXCITEMENT!!!! I am a fairy lover yeah.. well I collect all kinds of fairy stuff, always looking for new and unique.. and beautiful. A couple years ago I discovered an upcoming fairy artist, that IMO had the most beautiful fairy items I've ever seen. She is right up my alley frankly, she makes fairy stuff that I would make if I had talent. Anyway, so her first art gone statue was a horse/fairy.. I was so in love with it, I begged DH to let me pay $80 for it. That's pretty expensive for a figurine!! It was limited edition, eh whatever.

So I gorged, here it is - chanceencounter_small.jpg

Around the same time she also had one with a black cat, I liked it but I couldn't justify another $80. We were reeeeeally broke back then. Yesterday, I went looking to buy the other one -- faeryofblackcat_small.jpg And what do I find? She is now a famous fairy artist, and everyone wants her horse statues.. and they didn't make that many. Only 2 years later they sell from $800-$1,500. So needless to say, I'm not getting that 2nd one. BUT the one I have is worth some money! Who knew! I'm not selling it, but maybe my kids will one day.

Laura-love the figurine!! It is beautiful.

Terri-thanks for that post! Makes me remember the important things!

Pamela & Jane-what do you think about the eviction last night and the new HOHs?

Laura, have you checked on Ebay? Man, that 1st edition must be worth a fortune!

Yeah, the cat one I want on e-bay is at $900 I think. Then while looking around, I saw she did another equestrine one that I love "Serenity". Darn limited edition stuff. I can't find this one, even on e-bay. I'm really on the fence about it, I love figurines and collect them, so it's a bummer I can't get the ones I WANT.. but still neat the one I got is worth something.

HEY! I just realized I will PROBABLY have lost 100lbs by my bandiversary! HELLS YA!

Morning girls---

Wow, so we are all confessing our sins of yesterday?

Let's see I ate....

1/2 a container of apple pie turnover yogurt with 1/4 c. granola

about 1 cup of vegetable Soup for lunch

1/2 cup of baby goldfish crackers

about 3/4 of one of the cinnasnacks Manda had.

1 full taco and about 3 bites of another for dinner.

I drank almost 2 quarts of tea at home, then had tea with my dinner out last night as well, and drank a bottle of Water while we were shopping after dinner.

Not the greatest day, but not too bad overall.

The baby goldfish...I snack on slowly. The bag says they are 140 calories per serving---but that is like 89 fish. I never eat that many at a time. A bag lasts me all week! I get full VERY fast if I eat them, so maybe a dozen or 2 dozen max each time I snack on them. They "fix" my salt & crunch cravings!!!

I had such high hopes for this weekend....well my weekend was supposed to have started because Rick is off, but his folks have already roped him in, and he left mad---so it is not boding well for the weekend. His Mom calls, and his Dads 4 wheeler won't start, so he is going to walk down and take care of the cows, and she is going to go out and watch him---she'll be back in to call and let us know if he makes it ok without falling in all the mud. OMG I want to call her names!!!!!! If you want him to fix the damn 4 wheeler, be an adult and say so, quit with the friggin' manipulation! So I let him rage for a while, and he was getting ready to leave and go fix the ATV, and she called....if he decided at some point to come out today could he maybe run into town and pick up the woodstove they bought. The stove is used, it weighs no less than 350 pounds, so what he is supposed to go get it by himself, and then what???? So yep, he will fix the ATV, get the stove, loaded, unloaded. Move out the old stove, and install the new one. He is in for a shock, because somewhere along the line a parts run will come up--they always do, and I am boycotting, let them do SOMETHING for themselves! OR ask. Treat him well. Maybe Tuesday when I rip the receptionist, I should stop by their house and tell them off too!

I am seriously mad at them right now. But I do love them, and I do understand they are 80 years old. I know they need help. So all I want them to do is appreciate what he does. The entire time he is spending his days off taking care of them, and all their needs, he will have to listen to the stories from his Mom about his brothers trip to Hawaii, and how successful he is to be able to take these trips, and how he offered to pay for his married son to go....and how wonderful they are. Yet when his brother is here or calls and we say Rick did this or that out there, he has not heard a word of it--they NEVER brag on or compliment, nor appreciate the things he does and the time spent doing it.

I am sorry for harping on this again----and I thank you so much for listening! It is such an issue with me--and I cannot mention it to my kids---they get mad, or my folks---they get mad----and they will treat them different, and I don't need that!!!

I figure it is easier for y'all to scroll past me, than for Beck to hang up on me!!! LOL

Pamela, I am so glad Susanne made it back, and seems to be sleeping.

Awesome figurine Laura. There is a store here in town that sells the cards like the one I sent you---but the cards are huge--like bigger than a sheet of paper! maybe 9X12. I always think of you when I see the fairy ones!!!

My first husbands uncle was not normal mentally, he was quite slow, and as sweet as the day is long. He posed for Gerald Farm, an artist who did lots of cards, and posters etc. for Leaning Tree. Mr. Farm looked out for him, made sure he always had money and clothes.

He was such a sweetheart. The ignorant family was ashamed of him.

The day we got married, was this fairly formal evening wedding, candlelit mostly, with dimmed chandeliers. On my way down the aisle I stopped and give my Mom a rose, and on the way back out, I stopped to give his mom a rose. There in the aisle across from the family was this little man, in denim striped coveralls & work boots. Sitting next to him in the pew was his bright orange hard hat, and his lunch box on one side. He was grinning his toothless grin his eyes were beautiful and sparkly, he looked so excited, and sitting next to him was my cousin Trish. That kind of confused me....she said the family all treated him like he wasn't supposed to sit there. Well Trish was manning the guest book, so he ask if he was in the right place, and was so ill at ease, she went to sit with him for the ceremony. She said he was wonderful....once I knew who he was and about him, I come to agree! I have the entire collection of cards he was on. His name was Leroy....I will always love him. The fairy cards you like, are sold in many of the same places Mr. Farm sold his, including the ones with Uncle Leroy.

Sorry I have rambled for so long....but thinking of Uncle Leroy diffused some of my anger---along with unloading on you girls!!!

Big old Thank you hugs!!

Kat

In-Laws.. I feel ya ((Kat))

The fairy card you sent me was by Josaphine Wall.. When I first discovered her a couple years ago, I bought several posters, and I have bought a ton of greeting cards of hers whenever I stumble across them. My mom sent me several posters too (she really liked them). She never made things like figurines though, but she has the most intricate and picture-inside-picture paintings.. it's fantastic. The figurines I get, are Nene Thomas.. she makes a painting, then they turn it into a statue, cards, ornaments, globes, etc. etc.

http://www.laceylady.com/nene-thomas-fairies/partingtheveil.jpg

you can see the painting that the statue I have is based off of there.

I'm checking in while I have a chance... it might be my only chance to do so til after we get back........

Robby is back to school and I'm am trying ot ready my office....... and deal with the crap that built up while I was gone.........

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bye!

Terry, Loved that.

Working on lunch here. 1- string cheese, 1/2 cup cottage cheese with pineapple. Unfortunately I have already had 4 Famous Amos Cookies. (they were so good).

I have to work this afternoon. 2:30-7:30. I kinda like the afternoon shift. I can get alot done in the morning and it keeps me away from the afternoon munchies.

TracyKS must be really busy. Hope all goes well with the wedding.

"Where Oh Where has my Judy gone, Where Oh where could she be?"

B'fast- 1/2 a frappuccino num num..

Working on bottle of water..

Took too many of my energy pills and feeling a little queasy so trying to force canned pineapple chunks down my band! :)

Terry, the money I set aside to pay you, I should have just paid you! I ended up spending it all on NeNe Thomas crap. :thumbup:

I will make the money back within 2 weeks doing my video game where I sell clothes, but I had the exact amount set aside just for you. I'm horrible like that!

Just checking in Violets...

Internet is expensive and slooooooooooooow so I won't read posts. Just know I miss chatting with you, but we;re having a GREAT time. Today we are in Casa De campo, Dominican Republic and tomorrow we'll be in Labadee, Haiti. Then it's once crusing day and then home. It's been an awesome cruise. Fantastic entertainment, great food and I'm doing lots of exercise!! Hopefully the scales will be kind when I get home, but if not, it's been a hell of a day at sea, Sir!!!

Everyone take care and I'll check posts when I get back on Monday. TracyinKS... have a beautiful wedding!!!

Terry~ I loved that and I've already sent it around the school! Did you get my check? I need to check the other thread, but just saw what Laura wrote and thought about it.

Judy~ Sail On Mama!! Have fun! We love and miss you.

TracyKS~ Sending you much purple power for the big day. Have someone take tons of pix...we want to see! Love you honey!xoxoxoxoxo

TracyK~ Loved the outcome of the show...just haven't watched it all yet (cheated on bbchatter.com). I can't stand Amada's voice...aaahhh Do you know if there will be a summer show?

Laura~ I love fairies too. I want a fairy tattoo (I really like Amy Brown) and have a few dozen ideas. Susanne does not want me to get another tat...sooooo for now...I just want.

Ok, the kids are almost finished w/ their Power Point presentations on Natural Disasters...gotta run!

xoxoxoxoxo

Amy Brown was my favorite fairy artist for eons (really the only notable one I can think of years ago), till I then found Josaphine Wall and then Nene Thomas. The lower back tattoo I have, is a picture I made using the fairy from one of her pictures.. and I changed the color scheme, then designed tribal vines that formed the heart, and the streaks going across my hips. But the center is one of her fairies (sitting indian style and crying). If you look at my back shots of B&A you can see it from a distance hehe.

If anyone is following the progress of Losingjusme, tomorrow is her plastic surgery date... if you want to drop by her thread and wish her well, I'm sure she'd appreciate it.