Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

You guys are so funny today

Pam- one of these days you are going to ask who wants to come... and i'm going to be on a plane... (OK... after I do a test run in May) Margaritas and candles are my favorite things... infact i'm having a partylite party sometime in March.

Terry - yes your jewelery did do a great job... MUAH

well... as for the food, i've hardly eaten but have gained 7lbs... i'm thinking from all the cold meds i've taken? I drank all my Water today and hardly went to the bathroom.

so... while on a path of self destruction, i'm having wings for dinner with my dd and ds is having a happy meal. Tomorrow I'm taking my water pill to try to deflate myself.

have a great night all, i'm going to take meds and get 1 more good night sleep and hope i'm golden tomorrow!

have a big meeting with the new client tomorrow am!

Well I am home, the surgeon thinks (get this!) we don't want to wait too long, we are risking infection! I have an appointment Tuesday afternoon at 3. Anyway he was VERY nice, he did not hurt me! He is going to give me Versed and Nitrous Oxide to do the surgery. I have some allergy issues, and he is uncertain about knocking me all the way out due to them. I got my prescription in liquid form....so thinking I am set. Might just use the guise of the laughing gas and tell the staff what I think of how they run the desk!

I did not eat a tub of frosting....but....I did eat something, and it was GOOD! My DD stopped at Sonic on her way home --she come by to get Kinsey's blanket---and she had gotten an order of the little cinnamon roll things---cinnasnacks---mmmmm I only ate 3/4 of one---and I am full of cinnamon roll---but it was yummy!!! She and Kinsey had a couple each and it was over! We both bit into it and went mmmmmmmmm! Kinsey bites hers, and freaks out-wanting to know is it poop? Because it is brown. Manda asks her have I ever given you poop to eat? Kinsey calmly answers, I don't think so. It was hilarious!

My head is still throbbing. I have nothing for pain, he said to use ibuprofin, I explained my band, he said Tylenol then. My head hurts worse than my tooth half the time. I am doing my best just to cope with it.

I am so ready for Rick to be off work, then he is home for 4 days---yay!!!! I don't have anything exciting like a wedding-----but....I still like having him home!

Any good ideas for dinner--it is time to start it, and I am drawing a blank---nothing is started...we may end up calling out, or going out. Personally I had a cinnamon roll, I am good!!! LOL

My Mom went to the Dr. today, and she was told she HAS to lose weight, her liver enzymes are off the charts. So I told her what my pre op diet for shrinking the liver fats entailed. She is being sent to a nutritionist/dietician. So kind of blew me off, like I did not know! I had surgery---so I know nothing about health related losing. HELLO? I did it many times, it was adhering and maintaining I sucked at---not losing it!!! So I ask her if he took her off of her cholesterol medication....she says no. I told her they are notorious for raising liver enzymes---her Dr. did not even mention it!!!! I insisted she remember to mention it to the nutritionist. I do not like her Dr. at all!!!

Well I have tried to get this post up for over an hour now and the phone keeps ringing!! Guess I will just get it done!

TTYL~~

Hugggggggs

Kat

Chocolate frosting spread on graham crackers. And I wonder why I'm so fat. :blushing:

I need Judy.

Had a great night at the hospital. Only problem was I went to the birthing center to pick up some stuff and ended up seeing a little more than I should have. :blushing:

So far the only thing I have to do tomorrow is take my sis to a doctor's appointment. Than I'm going to rest the rest of the day. Maybe do some laundry. Maybe get caught up on some "All My Children". Jesse's hot.

Have a great evening.

I was 4 words in and lost that last post???

Susie~ LOL, I am glad Jesse and Angie are back. How come after 20 years, they look the same?? I hate that Ryan can't remember Annie...I am SOOO OVER Kendal these days...skinny little bitch bugs me:cool2:.

Kat~ I am so glad that you at least have a bit of light at the end of your tunnel. I vote yes on getting loopy and telling the staff what you think. I'd pay to see that!

Susanne is home!! She drove in today and I can just kick her little butt. She gets home, and does laundry, makes the bed, does a bit of this and that...and didn't sit down once! So, when I got home @ 4ish...her feet are so swollen, hurting, and red. I made her dinner (pork chops, German noodles and a salad) and she is passed out on the couch. Susanne is one of those people who push push pushes herself...too much. Oh well, I wouldn't want her any other way!

I am serious about the party invitation! It was 82 today and is gonna be all weekend! Any frozen Violets wanna come thaw out???

We are having a party Friday @ 4. Garage sale Sat. morning. MIL comes to town Friday for the party and garage sale. Tomorrow I go after school and sign the escrow papers...then shopping for the party. Busy Busy! But this is life, right. I am very blessed and thank God for such a fulfilling life! I've got great family, love, friends, violets...the list goes on and on!

Have a great night! Off to grade papers.

Oh yeah, about the cookies...I had 13 Samoas. It is what it is. I had 2 in the morning...2 a while later...2 a while after that...gave 2 away, and before I knew it, the box was gone. OH well...

I wonder if I tell myself that all brown food is poop (ala Kinsey) that I won't eat any, especially the chocolate.< /span>

xoxoxoxoxoxoox

Ok girls I feel stupid - I'm going over finances today for our home loan and I realize (6 months later) that my raise I was supposed to get LAST AUGUST, was never included on my checks. I've been missing $104 every two weeks, for a total of $208 a month!!! In my defense, at the same time I had made adjustments to my 401k contribution and I guess I just figured that offset what I was supposed to get in my raise because I raised my contribution by $85 twice a month....

SO, in a nutshell, I'll get a nice sized check (probably $800 after taxes) of back pay on my check next week. AND I learned my lesson, do not just let the check stubs sit "unopened" for each pay period - CHECK them for inaccuracies.....

Oh well, I need it right now anyway...LOL

Good morning Violets!

Michelle got poked with a stick by me yesterday for the icing thing...so now she can poke me back cause I was no saint either!!

List of sin for yesterday....starting with:

Honey Nut Cheerios (not too bad)

Carrot Cake

4 or 5 chocolate covered strawberries

Fritos (2 big handfuls)

popcorn

and last but not least....peanut M&Ms.

No real food...

Wooohooo what a model bandster I was yesterday.:blushing:

*end confession* Thank God today is a new day :wub:

Have a great day violets!!

Yay! I get to poke someone with a stick! :blushing:

And for clarification... it was 1/2 a tub of icing, not a full one!

And today is a new day dawning!

Make it a great one, Vi's!

Morning Vi's~

Just wanted to say hi and wish everyone a great day. Susanne slept on the couch cause of her toes and I can't type too loudly!

xoxoxoox

let me just review for my own sake what I ate yesterday...

Hmmmm...

oatmeal

1-2 oz smoked ham

2 T. potato salad

1/2 of a sticky bun ---

a big brownie --- these 2 things were treats for a meeting we had

chicken Soup

cornbread

SF ice cream

I think I'd have been better off if I'd just had 1/2 tub of icing. :blushing:

I'm a BBB!!! (Bad Bad Bandster)

Today is "NO ICING DAY".

And Drink, Drink, Drink.

It is a new day and you know you can do it. Hang in there and be strong.

Today is "NO ICING DAY".

And Drink, Drink, Drink.

It is a new day and you know you can do it. Hang in there and be strong.

Whew...for a minute I thought you were gonna say it is No Girl Scout Cookie Day! KIDDING!!! I took the other box to the Math Meeting and let the voltures kill it in 2 minutes (at least it took me all day, lol).

xoxoxo

Whew...for a minute I thought you were gonna say it is No Girl Scout Cookie Day! KIDDING!!! I took the other box to the Math Meeting and let the voltures kill it in 2 minutes (at least it took me all day, lol).

xoxoxo

:blushing::lol::wub:

I read this awhile ago and it sure did hit home!! This explains my attitude lately. Maybe it also explains the brownies....

Old Age, I decided, is a gift.

I am now, probably for the first time in my life, the person I have always wanted to be. Oh, not my body! I sometime despair over my body, the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and the sagging butt. And often I am taken aback by that old person that lives in my mirror, but I don't agonize over those things for long. I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly.

As I've aged, I've become more kind to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend. I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant. I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging. Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60&70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love ... I will. I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set . They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things. Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver. As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong. So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day. (If I feel like it)