Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Mornin V's!

I ended up cookin around 10, hubby didn't get home till 11. But, he didn't miss anything. Apparently lamb sirloins (which is what I got) don't taste nearly as good as lamb chops or leg of lamb. I only ate 1 bite of it, and then ate half a can of the asparagus- right out of the can!

Today is one of those odd days I'm actually hungry in the morning. I got an oatmeal cream pie cookie.. thing.. out of the vending machine. You ready for this? It's smaller than my fist, about .5" thick, and 470 calories!!!!

I haven't opened it, I'm wondering.. is it 100% sugar formed into oatmeal shapes or what?! Luckily I grabbed a carton of milk too, so I'll forgo the "cookie" that is higher in calorie than a McDonald's meal. wth?!

Haydee, I could probably get pain meds from my dentist, but they give me such a rebound headache, and often cause constipation---so....my head hurts so bad already....and I truly don't need the other problem, so I am doing my best to cope. I have Demerol....which is about all I can take. I am allergic to morphine, and codeine---so it limits my options.

Laura, Kinsey eats those little Debbie oatmeal things, I took a bite one day, she is always trying to feed me---and as I chewed it began to feel like it was a mouthful of grease, it coated my teeth, and my tongue----it was so beyond gross I spit it out, I did not swallow it!!! I never chewed them that well before. Never wanted one since!!

I thought about your special Bracelet working too Terry---the emotional response was amazing, as soon as she got it her whole attitude changed---the next job was going to be hers, no ifs, ans or buts about it!! Yay you!!!

Kat

LOL. You guys will love this.

Despite how horrible the cookie is, I opened it. And I am so hungry, so I walk it to my co-worker and I am going "Guess how many calories are in this bad boy". She guesses 200, so I tell her, and I'm like "but I am so hungry!!" so I took a tiny piece and ate it and she's like "Give me that thing, don't eat it!" and she hands me a packet of that weight control oatmeal lol. So I just made some of that, the maple & brown sugar. It's not terrible (the banana one was I thought), but I'd still rather have a normal fruit & cream oatmeal packet=120 calories. She threw my cookie away.

....she's like "Give me that thing, don't eat it!" and she hands me a packet of that weight control oatmeal lol. So I just made some of that, the maple & brown sugar. It's not terrible (the banana one was I thought), but I'd still rather have a normal fruit & cream oatmeal packet=120 calories. She threw my cookie away.
What a GREAT friend!! I eat that same oatmeal every...single...day! I love it! But I make it with milk, then add Splenda and Omega oils to it. By the time I'm done with it it adds up to about 400 calories...but it is a healthy 400 calories so i don't dwell on it.

God only knows what's in those Little Debbie things. Just back away!

I'll be there. I love candles and margaritas. Sounds like fun.

Just stopping in to say Hi. Had to go into work early this morning because the morning lady called in sick with the flu. Stopped and picked up some lunch on the way home. Hubby is just getting over the crud. He's going to stay home tonight while I go work at the Hospital. I hate not to go in. They are so busy with whatever this flu thing is that's going around. A 46 year old teacher form here died yesterday from flu-related issues. Yikes.

Haydee, if you take the Water pill don't forget to eat a banana. you need the potassium.

Pam, I'm so proud of your decision to go back to school. Wish I didn't have a learning problem. Just can't seem to retain anything I read. I read alot, just can't remember it.

TracyKS, How's Robbie doing?

Have a great evening. I miss Judy.:smile2:

Thanks Susie~ I am excited about this. I've finished 3 years of course work for the doctorate and I have already written 3 of the 5 chapters. I am going to be tweaking Chapter 1, redoing chapter 3 and taking on a different direction w/ the research. Once I get the data writing chapters 4 and 5 can be done in a few weeks. WOW...sounds so easy when I say it like that!

Me! Me! I want to come! 'Ritas & candles... LOVE THEM! How about a 'rita scented candle? mmmmm! :smile2:

Pam... Let me know if I can help w/editing or whatever w/your thesis! You should be proud of yourself for finishing!!

Ok... for some unknown reason... I consumed about 1/2 tub of triple chocolate mini-chip frosting this afternoon. WTF?? I wanted something sweet and... I'm hoping it gives me the runs & thus creates a negative impact on my bod. Why do I do this to myself?? Am I afraid of success?? Or just stupid? UGH!

OOOO the shame...the shame...

I've eaten an entire (well, I gave 2 away) box of Girl Scout Cookies! WTF is right???

I thought there was an extra row...but noooooo. OMG...I feel sick now. I didn't until I realized what I had done! Fatty McFat Fat rides again!!!

Tsk tsk girls! I'd post the smiley like Tracy did of poking you with sticks!

THROW IT AWAY!!!!!!!! Or get your co-worker too. OR SPIT ON IT (Yes, I do this sometimes.. how horrible). Or I pour my tea on my bad bad food if I'm out in public.

Tub of frosting sounds pretty damn good now though. Back in bad binge days, I'd eat that rainbow chip frosting right out of the tub. The whole time thinking about some movie I saw as a kid, where some lady gets as big as a house and keeps her cabinets filled with tubs of frosting.

BAD BAD BAD, evil thoughts go away.

Man, do you know how many calories are in ICING??? :smile2:

I KNOW! I KNOW! :smile2:

I threw the rest away... & then took the trash bag & threw it outside...

UGH! :huh2:

Needless to say, I'm not eating anything else today...

& am drinking lots of water...

:tongue2: