Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Had a long and very scary day today. I was at my support meeting this morning and a Lady I have sat next to for the last year and a half just went down. I thought she was getting up and tripped on the chair leg and went face first into the carpet. I immediatly got up and was standing over her to help her get up when I realized she wasn't moving. I hollered for someone to call 911 and with that there was a girl telling me that she was a nurse. Another girl came up and she was a nurse also, they both rolled Mary over and was yelling at her. She was out. I started moving people and chairs so the paramedics could get to her. Mary finally came too but she had blood on the side of her face where she had hit the carpet. So far she seems like she's coming out of it. Paramedics were wonderful with her. I called her husband and explained what was going on. They live about 40 miles from here and he had a neighbor drive him up. I stayed with Mary and followed the ambulance and got her checked into the ER. Paul finally showed up and I went ahead and left. I had to take my Sisters to do some stuff. About 4 hours later Mary called and said she was home. The Doctor said it looked like she had a reaction to some cold meds she had taken. They ran all kinds of test and checked her out good. She said that other than being sore and having a headache she was feeling fine and was very hungry.

I adore this Lady and you guys would get a kick out of her.She is such an inspiration to me. She has lost over 200 pounds. She was telling me that she couldn't even hardly walk. Her husband made a stationary bike for the table that she used with her hands to build up strength. She now walks at the elementry school with the kids. I told her I almost ended up in the hospital with her, my heart was beating so hard and that I was scared that something was really bad wrong with her. Scary day.

Other than that my day was a good one. I'm worn out though.

TracyKS, I would come up there and babysit but I have to work the next 3 days. Sorry.

Love the cars. I'm a mini-van girl. I can haul all kinds of stuff.

Have a great evening.

Wow Suzie... how scary! She's lucky she had you there to help her! What a kind soul you are... but we already knew that! ((hugs))

I was pasting this pic for my class teacher and I thought while I was at it, I'd throw it up here, too. This is my latest silver creation. All the links are handmade, fused, hammered oxidized and burnished by moi. The charms are purchased except for one that i made.

Metal is cool.

Terri - I absolutely LOVE that!!!! I love metal jewelry...I just bought a cool necklace made out of metal from Chicos. So pretty! I wish I was more artistic so that I could make stuff like that. :)

Denise - your daughters look so beautiful!! I'm at an age where I'm beginning to feel the twinges of wanting to be a mom. Actually I wish one of my sisters would get pregnant that way I can have the benefits of being around a baby but can get up and leave any time I want. :) He he he... I guess I'm not quite there yet, huh?

Which is why I can't wait to be a Grandma!!! They get to take care of the babies, I get to spoil them. :glare:

Terry loved the bracelet!!

That is really scary Suzie! I am not sure if I would be helpful or not in a situation like that. I guess you never know until it happens but I would be afraid I would freeze.

Kat is your tooth getting closer to getting fixed??

Love the car Tracy!!!

Didn't find out what happened to that other guy, but what a night at BB!

Laura that is a neat car! I am too cheap to pay for insurance on a convertible but would LOVE to have one!!

Did you all know that there are digital cameras out there that make you slimmer?? That is amazing to me!!

I hope Judy is having fun on her cruise!!

Have a good evening!!

Here is the car...if you do not like it, lie to me:)

I like that car, but what's it matter??? YOU love the car!!! My daughters will need something like that to lug their babies around...hehe :glare:

Congrats! Isn't it wonderful having a new car??? They smell sooooooo wonderful!!!

TracyK~Love the new car too! Glad to hear it will work out. Tell 'em take the car back then...they will see it your way.

Laura's car is cute too! I love my car, and I don't give a hoot if someone doesn't like it, lol. I love love love my hybrid! It is a v6...hauls ass...and I put gas in it every 4-6 weeks! That is great for a SUV!

Too much to do now to do more personals. Got Idol on...DVR'ing BB, but I am checking the bbchatter board to see what is up! Truth be told...I am pooped!

I went to dance class tonight, and it felt good!

Love to my Purple sisters!

Thanks for the well wishes girls----it is getting tiresome that is a fact. Maybe after tomorrow I will have something for pain---I don't know. I have this fear, that he knows I want it done quick, so he offers to do it Friday----my PS consult. Then I have to choose. It is one of those things, that you know how your luck runs.....that is mine lately!

I have tore my desk and my purse apart, and went and looked in the van, for a delivery confirmation slip----and glanced over just now, and there it sits, in plain sight on the desk.....I am such a goober!

Suzanne---how scary for you! I bet she is just thankful someone who was so kind and caring was with her!

I would be!!! I have been getting light headed, wanna come hang out with me??? LOL

Well it is almost bedtime, and the ice cream is still safely in the freezer---untouched!! Will probably send it home with Manda tomorrow for the girls.

I have had the hiccups a dozen times today---making me crazy!!

Denise, my DD made the change from her Mustang not long after having Kinsey---went to a 4 door!!! A couple months of fitting a car seat back there, and it was over!!!! When they bought the new car, she and Ryan researched safety records and all before they bought it!!! In the end, I think they did what most of us do, bought the best they could get, the safest they could get, for their money. But they went from driving her Mustang, to now they drive a Nissan Altima!!! Kinsey still rides in a full harnessed car seat, and Lindzie, in a belted booster-----4 doors are a must----even their truck has 4 doors. My son seldom takes his truck if they go anywhere because it is an extended cab, and the rear seat is too short for the car seat so Connor has to ride in front--they take her Taurus instead.

Well, I am gonna go answer some email----and swallow yet some more Tylenol.

TTYL~~

Kat

Morning gals

after being up blowing my nose all night it seems to be drying up. thank god.

still feel like crap and we got snow last night so i have to leave in 30 mins if i'm going to make it on time. deep breath.... going to take sinus meds to dry me out today come home and go to bed.

love ya all.... have a great day

terry.... love... love the jewelery.... i wear mine all the time but love seeing your creations

Good morning violets!

No time to jack around this morning so I wanted to just pop in and say good morning and have a great day!!! (((((hugs))))

Good Wednesday Morn, Vi's!~~

Still holding w/weight... <shrug>... but so many folks have been commenting & flipping out lately, so that's encouraging. There's a new teacher @ school who I met on Monday and she wants to meet me next Monday for lunch to talk about the band in more detail... that's cool, my first "serious" band conversion opportunity! She's considering bypass right now... of course I gave her the address for here... I'm going to copy some of my doc's materials for her, too...

Other than that, just busy busy busy! Now through next Friday will be loco... We set up Book Fair tomorrow, Preview it to classes on Friday, then I take ds to Williamsburg, Va, Fri night - Sunday for soccer, then Book Fair is Mon - Thurs... phew! But I'm getting ahead of myself... I need to take it one task at a time... so gotta go write up all the Book Fair posters & then go hang them...

Make it a great day, everyone!

Morning everyone~

Well we are contemplating a trip to Denver....leaving after my consult Friday....not sure yet, may wait til next days off, and spend more time. We need to go, but been putting it off.

Trying to think of something different for breakfast----nothing sounds good to me....well the things that sound good, are not good for me!!! LOL

Head is still aching....hopefully I can get something to ease that today. I finally gave up on the Tylenol or Ibuprofin, nothing was helping.

If it warms up, Kinsey and I are off for a ride---then I can get back, shower and go get my consultation. I need to get out, get my mind occupied. Rick is off the next 4 days so that will help.

And I got the new Jonathan Kellerman book out in paperback!!! I made myself not start it--I hate doing that when I have to get up early the next day!!! I read til the wee hours!

Well off to hunt food---I feel like a cavewoman who has been pulled around by my hair!!!

Kat

terry.... love... love the jewelery.... i wear mine all the time but love seeing your creations

It did it's job, too!! :biggrin:

Suzie - how scary!! Good for you for staying calm and collected for your friend. She's so lucky to have you in her life.

Laura - how'd your lamb turn out? Hubby get home in time to enjoy it? I wound up making spinach/shrimp quesadillas.

Kat - I can't believe that they won't even give you anything for the pain. Have you tried asking your regular doctor for something? I have loads of hydrocodone from my various ailments last year. I wish I could share...

I'm gonna have oatmeal for Breakfast this morning. I took a Water pill today because I'm so bloated... Hopefully it does it's job...