Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Kat that is horrible!

They were just doing a show on Montel on Big Medicine and showed Dr. Lomonoco (sp) and some plastic surgery he did. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Tracy you are SO BLESSED if you get him!!

Jane

Kat, Maybe tomorrow you can cry to the doctor and see if he can't prioritize an appt for you. I tell you, those scheduling biotches are not the be all...end all. I am sorry you're going through this now! (((HUGS)))

Kat, I was going to mention it before, but now I definitely feel comfortable saying it.. GO FIND ANOTHER DENTIST. Even if you have to drive a little bit, it's closer than 3-4 weeks, sheesh. I hate monopolies. Then write them a nasty letter about how crappy they are. :biggrin:

Nothing exciting here today, just working.. and putting off homework. Argh.

Back from the doc... they're happy w/my loss... the PA called me the "Lap Band Queen"... hee hee! If she only knew... But my next appointment, on April 1 (April Fool's Day, lol!) I'm actually going to see my surgeon again, so that's a big motivation to really kick-butt this month & do well.

Then I stopped by Borders, picked up a book (Like Water for Elephants -- great book!) & a get well card, and visited a neighbor who's in the hospital. Two weeks ago on Monday her doc "discovered" (no warning) that she had kidney cancer + a tumor encapsulating her kidney. That Friday she had a 5-hr surgery to remove the 17" tumor + the kidney. She was in ICU for a week, and is now in the "regular" part, and will be for about another week. Her son & my dd are in the same class at school and her hubby is very active in PTA w/me. I keep inviting the guys to dinner or asking if they need a meal made or grocery shopping done or light cleaning... he said "We'll be eating these frozen casseroles 'til summer!" But she says he just doesn't know what to do/how to organize... so once she's home I hope I'll be able to help a bit. That just sux... you're cruising along in your life thinking everything's just fine and then BAM... you've got cancer! Puts my piddly problems in perspective, I must say.

Kat... I agree... do both: cry to the actual doc AND look for another one.

Thanks Michelle, impulse buy I just looked it up on Amazon.com and purchased it. I'm always looking for new books. I use to love to read, but I like specific stuff. 90% of the time I buy Biographies of interesting people. I don't like drama in my life, but I like reading about it! Water for Elephants looked depressing (right up my alley heh heh).

If you like those kind of books, check out Tuesdays with Morrie. They have nothing to do with each other, but when I was reading your book review, that book popped into my head.

Read it already, Laura! I like Albom's stuff.

It's not depressing... interesting... different... quirky... definitely not what you'd expect!

Have you read "Eat, Pray, Love"? It's a bio... love it!

What else... ummm... "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time" & the "The Time Traveller's Wife" both pop to mind...

I get books from the library... then if I LOVE it, I'll go buy it. The last one I read then bought was "Eat, Pray, Love".

I'm so bad at returning things, I gave up on renting DVD's and library books. I'd rather buy it used for 3 bucks from Amazon.com and not worry about late fees. DH use to read a crapload too, we currently have about 8 bookshelves PACKED with books. In our last move, I donated about 3 trashbags full of books to the goodwill. And we keep buying them. Now, when I finish a good book I leave it at our receptionist's desk with a note about it for anyone who wants it. I never read a book twice, can't do it!

The last Bio I read a few months ago, Stolen Lives.. true story of the Morrocan(I think) princess whose family was arrested (5 kids from 3 years old-17 & mom) for the betrayal of their father on the government. They were in isolation for 17 years, abused, etc. It was so sad. I would recommend it, makes you appreciate what you have.

I was pasting this pic for my class teacher and I thought while I was at it, I'd throw it up here, too. This is my latest silver creation. All the links are handmade, fused, hammered oxidized and burnished by moi. The charms are purchased except for one that i made.

Metal is cool.

post-213702-13813136562307_thumb.jpg

Terry...OMG...that is sooo cool. I love it and the fact that you hand made all the pieces...too cool. You need to make a website and start selling that stuff! So good to see a post from you!

TracyKS~ What the hell girlie??? You'd think you were busy planning a wedding or something:tt2:! We love you and are sending you Purple Power while you are in the home stretch!

Ahem....Terri....

Ummmm, I want one:biggrin:

I can sure make you one! The silver is about $25 + the charms....which you can choose at Hip Chick Beads Gets kinda pricey...but a heckuva lot cheaper than James Avery!

Too cute Terry! You have such a beautiful skill. I still want to make that charm for my mom. Hopefully we can get together before our trip.

Busy busy today. Trying to get all my work cleared out of here so I can be ready for the end of the month. I'm going on vacation March 10th through the 14th so I need to get done with my end of month stuff pretty quickly. Anyone planning anything special for Spring Break? We're not doing much. We're gonna go visit grandma and stay with her for a few days.

My port has been hurting me all day. Last night I was cleaning my bathroom so I was bent over scrubbing the shower floor and the shower doors. I'm thinking that's why. I've got loads of laundry to do tonight. I seriously don't know where so much mess comes from. It's just me and Juan and it seems like my house is always messy! I wonder what it's gonna be like when we have kids? Perpetual nuclear waste site... I've always wondered how people can keep their houses clean and organized. It didn't happen in my house growing up and it ain't happening with me now... I wish I was born with the "clean" gene...

Denise - your daughters look so beautiful!! I'm at an age where I'm beginning to feel the twinges of wanting to be a mom. Actually I wish one of my sisters would get pregnant that way I can have the benefits of being around a baby but can get up and leave any time I want. :biggrin: He he he... I guess I'm not quite there yet, huh?

That is gorgeous, Terri!! Wow! Wear it with PRIDE! I love it too... hearts are my "thing"... my "icon" I guess you could say... you are so talented!

Thanks ya'll. I'm going to add more beads in between the charms....it's a work in progress!

michelle - You should visit that HipChick Beads site....they love hearts, too!