Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Gina I wish it was something I could "paste" back in, but it isn't. This tooth is on the bottom, the first molar. Years ago, it was broken, but they managed to save it. Through the years it has had problems due to the break---which was down deep in the root itself. I was backhanded, and it had cracked they thought. Well when it finally broke off they could tell it had been broke---but survived for lots and lots of years. So when they tried putting a temporary filling thing on--it lasted for a couple of days only, and now there is no tooth. It is almost like it has already been pulled, but in reality the root is still down there, and there is this snagging piece of my tooth left that is killing my tongue---and the rest just gets food in it, and HURTS! There is nothing to grab to use to pull it. The oral surgeon is going to remove it, they are afraid with this one being broke, the one behind it might have met with the same fate, as we have thought it only cracked too. So they don't want to put the stress of a bridge on that tooth---and my jaw is not a candidate for an implant---it has been broke....so my only option is a partial plate with that tooth, and a molar on the other side in it. Not what I particularly want, but what my former life dictates!

Sorry------------long answer! I hate the final result, I am hating the waiting game to get it done! And I am furious that the scale is not responding to my forced diet! Then again what I am able to eat now is not conducive to weight loss.....oh well---at this rate I am going to be gaining!!!

It is windy and blustery out----so what better place to spend the day than the mall??? We are off to buy Connor's birthday presents! I need Rick to keep me in control----the grandkids make me a little spend happy!! OK a LOT spend happy!! Then I think we are going to go see Vantage Point. No popcorn--now that is just unfriggin' fair! LOL.....poor, poor, pitiful me!

Will check in laterz!

Kat

Gina-you have done fantastic!! I know all too well how gaining some back is so depressing. I have (had) gained 5.5 back, now I still have 4 more to get back to my lowest but the great part is we know it will happen! Just a minor set back. Try not to let it get to you, OK?

Hello violets! Had a great trip to visit mom. She loved my new ride :thumbdown:

I have tons of stuff to do to get ready for the new work week so I better get off my butt and go do it. Have a great night violets!

Jenn-good luck tomorrow!!!!

Hi gals

thanks for your good thoughts... I'm kind of nervous... and guess what

I AM SICK! I have been taking tussin all day and just took a night flu med thing and going to pass out so i can be good in the morning.

i got some cough drops to take with me... but i'm not getting any sicker... that is that

if i don't check in tomorrow am... you will be my first priority when i get home

night all

Yep, was thinking of you earlier----good Luck tomorrow Jenn!!! Hope your cold does not get any worse---you will be so psyched, you will handle it!!! We will be thinking of you!!

Been a lazy day here----sipped my tea and Water all day, this evening Rick went to grab a burger, and brought me back Wendy's chili, which I ate about half of, and felt fine---so whatever it was must have passed----thank heavens!!!!

Tomorrow I am headed to Albq. Have to take my Dad down for a follow up appointment from his last carotid artery surgery. Then Wed. I FINALLY get my tooth taken care of, and Friday is my PS consult. Did I tell you they changed it? It was the 3rd, now it is this Friday!!! Yea!!! Rick is taking Wed. off, he is off Thurs- Sun. so he will be there for the other appointment, but he is taking Wed. so he can drive me for the tooth since I will be sedated. Costing me $200.00 not covered by insurance to be sedated----but worth it to me!

Judy I see you on---hope the cruise is going wonderfully!!! Miss ya!

Pamela---how's Susannes foot?

Girls, I would love to stay and do personals, I wanted to find out about Tracy's car and the other Tracy's wedding plans, and see how Janes arm is....but Rick built a fire, and if I do not leave this room, they are going to come in tomorrow and find nothing but a big greasy spot on the carpet where I had been sitting!!!! Will come back tomorrow when it is cooler!!!

Will check in in the morning before I leave!

Hugs~~

Kat

Good luck Jenn!!!!

Kat, my arm is very lovely. I have seen many many shades take over this past week. I still have a huge bruise, and where it hurts the worst there is no bruise it is just sort of white, odd, but it is much better and doesn't really bother me now.

Went and saw Avenue Q and it was def. an adult show. I can honestly say I have never thought of muppets/puppets having sex, now, I have seen it. Plus it was it all positions while they were singing a song that I beliieve was called "Make as Much Noise during Sex as you can". It is the most risque thing I have ever seen in a Broadway show. It wasn't bad, it was funny, but I saw it with my parents....

I saw a commercial for Big Brother that someone was taken out by paramedics we'll see it on Tuesday hmmmm......I think it was a girl, I looked up too late.

Well have a great nite and ENJOY THE WEEK!!!

Jane

Hey V's, I'm normally MIA on weekends due to catching up on MY life and not work when I'm home, but I wanted to just pop in real quick. DH & I got in a lil wreck yesterday (100% not a big deal, but his new car lost its virginity hah hah).

Had drama with coworkers and a bar last night, I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.

NOT TO OUTDO YOU MICHELLE.. I was 237lb today! MWHAHAHA. No seriously congrats, we're SO CLOSE to onederland!! Can you taste it yet? I was just thinking tonight.. I'm less then 40lbs from being in 100's. 40lbs is NOTHIN! WOW. It actually sunk in this weekend that I've lost almost 100lbs. A human being.

(((TERRY & PAM))))

Gina you look great, and I loved the hat, I forgot to post it the other day. Ok, goin to bed, I promised I'd be at work early tomorrow (oops, not at this rate).

LOVE YALL!

Oh, I see how it is, Laura! Ok, it's on! :thumbdown:

Look at these! The first one is from Nov. '06, the second from this month...

CopyofIMG_1027a.jpgPicture018.jpg

Doesn't Piglet look slimmer? LOL! ME! Look @ ME! Wowza.

'Nuff playing w/pictures... off to bed!

Hey All~

Well Susanne's friend just came and picked her up! I am so lucky cause I didn't have to drive 4 hours. It was sooo nice to have her home. She was sick (vomitting this morning) and in sooo much pain. I don't know what to do for her and it makes me sooooo sad. She goes back tomorrow and then has to get through the week. They didn't even give her antibiotics, and she needs some.

Good luck Jenn~ Sick or not...you are going to your new job! You've got lots of Purple Power w/ you!!!

Watching some Big Brother now. I cheat and go to BB Chatter and get the updates before the shows. Only go there if you wanna peak, lol.

Have a great night! I am completely freakin swamped. One semester ends today, and the next starts tomorrow. And as much as I have to do...I keep coming back to LBT to my violets!

Morning gals

just a quick hello, I'm showered and drinking coffee. I could be much sicker so I'm ok with where I am. My chest is on fire but I'm going to take tussin all day and my cough drops and I should be fine... no I WILL BE FINE. LOL

wish me luck.

Kat, I know not the same because I do have a wood fireplace, but I have a gas fireplace in my bedroom... mmmmmmmmmmmm so cozy - I turned it down so it was cooler in there so I could breathe.

anyway... jane, glad your arm is better

Michelle & Laura - you go girls

tracyk - tracyks - pam - haydee - denise - suzie and everyone else... hey!

Good luck Jenn!!!!

I saw a commercial for Big Brother that someone was taken out by paramedics we'll see it on Tuesday hmmmm......I think it was a girl, I looked up too late.

Jane (and Pamela) -you answered my question. I watched last night and I saw that one of the gay guys was gone (Neil i think was his name). They brought back that Paige girl that was evicted (she was the one that was there with her ex boyfriend). I was wondering what was up and I ALMOST called one of you! I was SO confused as to what was going on and thought I may have missed an episode or something.

Happy Monday everyone:rolleyes2:

Jenn-best of luck today!

Everyone have a great day. I vow not to get on the scale again until Thursday or Friday. This bouncing around is killing me.

Laura-woohoooo on the 237. You GO girlie!!

Michelle-HUGE difference in the pics!! You are doing awesome :)

Morning gals

just a quick hello, I'm showered and drinking coffee. I could be much sicker so I'm ok with where I am. My chest is on fire but I'm going to take tussin all day and my cough drops and I should be fine... no I WILL BE FINE. LOL

wish me luck.

Kat, I know not the same because I do have a wood fireplace, but I have a gas fireplace in my bedroom... mmmmmmmmmmmm so cozy - I turned it down so it was cooler in there so I could breathe.

anyway... jane, glad your arm is better

Michelle & Laura - you go girls

tracyk - tracyks - pam - haydee - denise - suzie and everyone else... hey!

Good luck today Jenn!!!! :)

Water Patrol On Duty.

Drink, Drink, Drink.

Jennifer, Good Luck today.

Hey Everyone~

Back to the grind. I pulled my car in the garage on Friday afternoon, and I haven't been in it since.

Jenn~ Have a great day!

Pop in later!

Pamela

I wish mine had been in the garage! We usually put Ricks in--because he leaves at 5:30--------I seldom if ever leave that early---so the sun has a chance to get to mine. But it snowed, thensleeted, then froze, so mine is ice encased---------gotta go clear it and get going-----I am supposed to be hee checking road conditions!!

Talk to y'all when I get back.

Get Well Susanne! (Pamela's Susanne!----I don't think our Suzanne is sick.....hope not!)

Have lotsa fun at work (!) Jenn!!

See ya tonight!

Kat