Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

How heartbreaking, Judy! You are right... as much as we b1tch & moan about it, at least we HAVE it... gratitude is where it is AT!

Have so much fun on the cruise!! Eat a shrimp for me!!

LAURA!!~~ I'm so excited to type this... I saw 238 on the scale today, too!! The 30s!! Absolutely stupendo amazing!! That makes -79 for me! I cannot believe it! Pinch me!!

Off to the mall w/DD & her friend to just "hang out"... ahhh, pre-teens!

Everyone make it a great day!!

Oh Judy, that is just horrible! I know there are so many out there who never will have the chance at having the surgery. So many insurance companies balk, and self pay is not cheap. And the kicker to that is the foods that lower income people can afford to eat, is where the problems start....it is so much cheaper to buy a box of mac & cheese than to buy the things to make a salad! It is incredibly sad, that the man had finally gotten approved. And never got to see it work.

Enjoy your cruise!!! Stroll the deck for me!!

Kat

;):Banane20::):Banane20::):Banane20::w00t::Banane20::thumbup::Banane20::tongue::Banane20::tongue::Banane20::tongue::Banane20:For Michelle and Laura! 238 is great! Love you both!

My news...I just got a new Chevrolet HHR (the gold 'champagne' color). I absolutely love it. Its not a BMW, but it works for me!! A smaller car for a smaller ME!!;):)

That is great Tracy a new car!!!!! I am hoping my 2000 holds out for another couple years til I get this lap band thing paid off!!!

WAY TO GO MICHELLE!!!! ITS THE CHARTS YOU DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoof and mouth Love it!!

Tomorrow I have tickets to see Avenue Q has anybody here seen it? I hope it is funny.

Jane

I am avoiding laundry by sneeking in for a quick peek!

I was out doing some odds and ends wedding shopping....... socks, etc...

tried Chinese for lunch.......... WRONG........... painfull pb's for a long time...... when am I going to learn to chew and go slow?????

Thanks for the nanners & congrats! It feels good... and I didn't mess it up today! Usually I feel so good I go off plan... but managed to stay on the straight & narrow today! ;)

Janie... my dh saw Avenue Q in NYC on a biz trip a couple years ago and LOVED it! He said it's *not* a kids show, altho it's puppets. Very irreverent & not politically correct.

Pam (well, really Suzanne!) & Judy~~ Yesterday morning I was on about page 95 in Duma Key... it'd taken me about 2 weeks to get just that little bit read & it's due back to the library on Weds... so w/the "no school" day I snuggled into the big chair & read pretty much ALL DAY 'til 2am and finished that sucker! :) As an editor, I think that it could've been about 200 pages tighter/shorter... the character development went on forever, esp at first (+ too many ding-danged characters, if you ask me)... but then he got in the scary Stephen King mode and it picked up... not as gory as some of his stuff... much more metaphysical but still scary... it's stuck w/me today... I keep thinking about it... Can't wait to read what ya'll thought!

Because I was up 'til 2am & then up @ 8a, I'm going to bed now! I'll drift off to the gentle story of "Forrest Gump", which is on tv tonight...

Sweet dreams!

TracyK~WooHoo on the new car! I got my Toyota Highlander a week after being banded...and I love it! I won't want a new car for a long while:biggrin2:.

Michelle~Susanne hasn't read the book in a week. She left it hear last weekend and then w/ the pain meds can't get "into it" this weekend. She'll work on it here and there, and then on a trip or something, she'll get into it! Book is too dang big for me, lol...it is a heavy sucker.

Janie~Never heard of Avenue Q, but from Michelle's description, I am intrigued.

I am wayyyyy behind on grading...was lazy w/ Susanne today. I made baked salmon w/ lemon and dill...it was sooo yummy!

Have a great night. Has Jenn checked in in a day or two??? Kat, I gotta see the cowboots!

Good morning violets!

we are going to moms to show her the new car today. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous and I think it will be the same today. I wish I could send the snow violets some of this weather!!! I really feel for all of you.

Well, one person in Georgia won the megamillions.

Michelle-you are peaking my interest in that Stephen King book. I love to read his stuff and have not got that one yet.

Everyone have a great day! I will check in later :lol:

Morning gals

just checking in... everyone here is sick and now time for ds to have it but he sould like he is getting his croup back. I hate that. so after a long night worried about him ... i called the dr and she said to get him back on his steroid for a week. hopefully he will be better tonight after a day of it.

i feel like i'm getting tight so i took some tussin this morning to catch it before it hits me since i start my new job tomorrow.

I am so ticked. I told step mom i would do a couple sundays if i HAD to and she never told me who/how I was being replaced on Friday/Sunday nights. She never said until last night that she needs me to do sundays and asked how many i wanted to do. I know she was annoyed but I told her as little as possible. Now i'm going to be working 7 days a week. NO>>> NO NO. not going to happen. I'm exhausted now... WTF I'm working a job i can pay my bills and I'm done, the end of march is it at the latest. I just can't do it and is bs that she would let it go. She has known for almost 2 weeks that she needs to replace me and has not done anything to hire anyone. UGH

anyway, that sums it up. Is it May yet? I need heat and sunshine and my violets

Jen, seven days a week is toooo much. I am thinking of getting a second job, and am worried about 7 days myself.

Woke up to a couple of inches of snow that wasn't forecasted!! Typical St. Louis weather or typical St. Louis weather people!?

Is Judy on her cruise yet or just getting on the boat?? I am jealous now!

Still in my thoughts and prayers Terry!!

Have a good day!!

Jane

Good morning girls!

What a lazy bum I am !!! Slept in, read the paper....so decided to get me a glass of tea and see what my girls are up to!

We did the arenacross last night. It was lots of fun! I know motorcycles are not everyones thing---but we enjoyed it!! They had an entire motorcycle motocross track set up indoors! Thye even had a segment of strictly young racers on little 50 & 85cc. bikes---these kids (boys and girls) ranged in age from 4 to 7. Little bitty kids on motorcycles. Of course they are in full protective gear, chest plates, helmets...gueards---you name it...how some of the little bitty guys even carried around the gear, let alone balanced and rode like they did is amazing!! Then they had the jump ramp for the freestyle, where they flip the bikes, and let go pretty amazing! A few crashes, no serious injuries so it was fun!

Only downfall, was metal bleachers....Rick is not as healed as he hoped. I let him have my jacket to sit on!!! Which was mighty nice of me---it may have been indoors, but they had to have lots of ventilation with the exhaust---so it was not what I called warm in there, and he wore a thermal shirt under his shirt so he didn't have to keep up with a coat---kind of hinting that I would not want to deal with my coat when we got there-----but I was nice!!! LOL

Pamela--I will try to get a picture of Kinsey in her cow boots...you have to be very careful of her wearing them if you pick her up, they slide right off--------but she is too big, and active for the infant style boots they have, and this is the smallest the western stores carry----well almost. These are 5.5 and a 5 is the smallest, but they did not have the requisite pink~~naturally. So if you pick her up--they sometimes do not come along! I can guarantee she did not get her small feet from me!!! Her Mom is about a half size smaller than me and that is it, but her Dad had small feet, and his mom is little bitty---thinking she may follow that side in size---dammit!

Anyway she wore her boots, her black wranglers, black & pink plaid western shirt, pink belt, and pink cow hat last night----she was stylin'!!! And all night long she wanted to ride the sheep. Last time we had her at the fairgrounds where the arenacross was --- they were "Mutton Busting" kids 4-5 & 6-7 were riding sheep in a rodeo type event. She wanted to ride sooooo bad!!! She still does!

Meanwhile, I have to figure a way to keep her boots on her when we do go ride, she is so happy! Gramma wears boots to ride so she wants to to.

All along she has called me Granny---and suddenly she refuses, I am now Gramma. I liked being Granny!

Well my band is having problems. Thinking (hoping) it is swelling. But nothing wants to stay down well. I got sick the other day---lunch made me sick--as in nauseated, and sick----and since then if I eat more than a couple of bites....ooooh sick again! So I am going liquids for awhile and see if it helps. Some stomach virus is going around hot &heavy---I may have that I don't know, even with nothing on my stomach it feels super queasy. Can we EVER stop worrying that every little thing is our band????

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Terry how is Mom?

Tracy---wedding ready???

BBL~~ brother is here!

Kat

Hey Gals...

Just spent some time looking at B&As... I haven't been there in awhile... most of those folks AMAZE me!! Wow! And then it makes me wonder if the difference is so obvious in ME or not... cuz' while I DO see a diff, it doesn't make my jaw drop or anything. I've never posted pics there... maybe @ -100 I will... just 20 to go! I'm still trying to get my head around being @ (almost) -80... that's a LOT of poundage! & some of you all have lost MORE! Think about it, girls... we've ALL lost some SERIOUS weight! Wowza!

Michelle – 238 – whooo hoooo!!! You go girl!

Kat – sorry you temp filling came out – again. Can you use toothpaste and place it backin? Or is it not that type?

TracyK – great for you getting a new car – what a great feeling that is. Have fun – zooom zoom…

Pam – I want a highlander hybrid so bad – but my dh says it is not big enough for us. He is a bigboy – and we have a german shephard – but I was wanting something easier for her to get into the back end of as she is getting older and having problems jumping.

Terry – I continue to have you and your family in my prayers. Hopefully she will be released soon, and all better.

Jenn – I think she is taking advantage of you – that is not right – family or not. Good luck on your new job!

Janiebug – don’t do it – second job will be too much IMO.

Judy – hope you are having fun!

Well my TOM is all screwed up again – 14 days since last start and I am starting again! -- I was going so good at 28 days (up to Jan 2) being regular then the past few months 12 days (1/15); 26 days (2/10); and now 14 days (2/24). WTF! Weight is back up 5-6 lbs from my low on Valentines day – I am so depressed.

Have a good day everyone! I will be in charlotte this week – but I will try to lurk (check in to at least keep up-to-day with reading the posts).