Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Not sure if it is the site or my computer---thinking it is the site....

I noticed a few minutes ago my ticker was gone....so I went to find it---hit Edit Signature---and everything froze. Restart. Then when I opened LBT---------all was well until I tried to get into a thread--it would not take me, it would almost load up and then leave me on the main page. Finally I go into my Accounts to get to Shrinkin Violets---and again it is never and I mean NEVER there---even though I post often and am not always the last post there. Anyway it was a no go. So I went through my email got here, was reading away on Laura's post....screen flickered, and Laura's ticker went away and turned into the spiteful little red X!!!!!

So going to try to post this and see what happens!!!

I went through my email, no problem.....pulled up my bank, transferred some money, no problem. Just here. Hmmmmm wonder whats up???

Haydee glad you are feeling better! Jenn hope the back is better soon!

Wonder where Pamela is? She has not checked in!

Will be back in awhile---gonna see if this works!!!

Kat

Something is up with tickers, same stuff was happening to me (except the freezing up) they just flickered and disappeared, thought it was just me, so I changed my ticker pic.. then I realized it's all over. Tickerfactory must be havin issues today.. it happens!

Edit: After typing out my rant I felt better, so no need to air dirty laundry

I complain about my inlaws....we ALL know that!!! But my biggest complaint is they do not appreciate all Rick does for them, and that is all they see us for in the last several years is to DO for them. They are not concerned with spending time with us unless we need to be there doing for them. We cannot go visit---or we end up doing things. I understand they are 80----they need things done---but Rick is one of 4 kids, and the ONLY one to DO anything for them. His one sister takes Mom shopping--Mom buys things for her and her kids, and buys lunch, and often supplies the car, therefore the gas to go!!! But all his parents talk about is the kids they have in Denver--------how successfull they are, what extravagant gifts they give---how smart their kids are.....I have NEVER heard her brag on Rick in the last 5 years. I saw them lose it when we thought he would not make it, but he needs to see that so bad--it hurts me!

10 years ago--they were different people. He had some spunk and an attitude that he could do things. And she was kind hearted, looked for good in people. Not so anymore. He is tired, and yet refuses to give up doing what HE wants and bitches until Rick or our son does the rest.....and she has just simply gotten mean a lot of the time, she is rude to people. Embarassing to take places, and she knows what she is doing and says she can get by with it because she is an old lady!!!

I miss the inlaws I enjoyed being with. These hurt my feelings most of the time. It is hard never stacking up.....

I'm feelin' what you are saying Laura.....except my inlaws truly outlived what they had financially planned for.....so we help.

Kat

tickers are back. how strange

i'm off to get some groceries.

lol oh wait... my ticker is gone

Yeah our in-laws just expect so much. But me and my brother talked about this in the past, our significant others, they know how much money our family has and subsequently their parents find out. Due to this, I think they take advantage and think now they they're with us, they don't ever have to help their kids anymore. And it really fumes us both. My sister doesn't care. The irony is, we aren't rich, our parents are. And we're blessed, if we have a situation come up (re: lap band), they can help us out. If we need help with a mortgage payment they loan it to us. I am in debt of about $800 to my parents at the moment, I make monthly payments to them. We're not rich, we don't take hand outs. So when his family thinks I can foot the bill for them, they are sorely mistaken. Me and DH live paycheck to paycheck like everyone else!!!! And of course, I can't confront them and say "Hey quit bein cheap, my parents help as they can but they're not footing the bill".

Today is looking better, been talking to customers that are happy.. nice to hear!

Hey Everyone,

I am at a boring meeting today! Thank God Cathy (a fellow bandster) brought her laptop. We are waiting for lunch, lol!

Got soooooooo much on my mind so I've been on the down low lately! I'm here in spirit ladies and am checking in often!

I've put on about 3 pounds...ooooo freakin well!

xoxoxoxo

Yay some trees I ordered last year are finally shipping (they wait till the warmer months).

I'm getting a peegee hydrangea tree and a weeping pussy willow.

They ship about 4ft tall, which is pretty good IMO. I'm excited, I'll be doing gardening in the next week!!

We don't have any trees yet, we are waiting till the Spring to sod our backyard (stupid us thought we could seed it and grow grass.. NOT) and then I'll put some bigger trees back there.

Hey Everyone,

I've put on about 3 pounds...ooooo freakin well!

Well, at least I am in good company, right?:)

as my loving dh would put it and (does when I am up in lbs)

he says............... "OH GO TAKE A DUMP" and you'll lose it! CHARMING I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

That is true.. and I only go once a week (if that) and it seems it ALWAYS hits me Wed. at work.. when I am not going to be home till 10PM after bowling. BAH. I dunno bout you guys but I have a phobia of public poo's and I've never done it (and never will)

Took me months to get comfortable doing it when DH was HOME.. when we first moved in together, I had to convince him to run to the gas station for something, or go hang out with our neighbors.

---------

Just something random. I changed my signature to some Beatles lyrics. I am quite in love with their music, in case I never mentioned it. Anyway, Across The Universe was awesome, and I loved their version of Dear Prudence. IRONICALLY, as I listened to it, I thought "That would be a different name for a kid".. and in that same moment my mom goes "pretty song, but what an ugly name" lololol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk8GIOQHvY]YouTube - Across The Universe - Dear Prudence[/ame]

Listen to the ATU Version if you never heard it, is beautiful. Actually on that note, if you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it. I've watched it 3x now in the past couple weeks. I love how they adapted Beatles songs to mean something the writer's decided it could mean.

I gotta quit editing this post.. teehee.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKGkKvp-8Pw]YouTube - Across The Universe - If I fell (Movie Ver)[/ame]

Another beautiful song redone for the movie.

as my loving dh would put it and (does when I am up in lbs)

he says............... "OH GO TAKE A DUMP" and you'll lose it! CHARMING I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Boy THAT is easier said than done these days!!:)

Well I am home----tired, and grumpy!!! Oral surgeons office help is horrid!! I called again----she snapped at me that it was an oral surgeons office------all his cases are emergencies. She can hold my appointment on the 27th or cancel it--it is my choice! Beeeyatch! Only one other oral surgeon in town and they do not accept my insurance. So I am stuck with an open root, and sharp edges until the 27th!

Actually I am calling my dentist tomorrow, they close Thursday afternoons---and seeing if he can do anything...as it is, I am at the point in this cold/sinus thing where I cough non stop. Well when you cough your tongue---is like out of control!!! And it is sliced to hell on the side. Bleeding off and on. I have tried my DD's old orthodontist wax----well not hers----I bought it at Walgreens, but back in the day, she used to use it on her braces.....but it won't stay...I am ready to file it myself but the sucker hurts!!!!

Add to that, the only foods I can eat are super soft....so there goes that pound!!! I am gonna go cry with my friends Tracy and Pamela.

Looked at glasses today---not thrilled with any! Some I like----but not sure I like them well enough. Nothing jumped out--so going to wait til my DD can go. Love my Mom but she thinks I am her age I believe, she kept showing me glasses SHE would wear.....plus my DD worked for Pearle Vision as she was putting herself through nursing school, so she has a good eye! HAH!!

Called the PS office today to see if I needed to bring anything with me---and she was really nice--said if there was a cancellation she would call me in sooner!! She said there is always cancellations, that often times it takes 3 or 4 appointments before the totally get up the nerve!!!

Well---thinking we might go to dinner with our son and his family tonight. But Rick doesn't like to----so I told him to call his Dad---LOL They may be grown, but it is still fun to do!

Oh on the way to town----which we go to everyday almost---11 miles away---our little town is only 7000 people, so we go to the next town over which is several hundred thousand. We hit the hiway and Kinsey says "Are we there yet?" LOL!!!!

Will check in with you girlies later!!!

Hugs~~

Kat

Hi everyone -

Well, Mom took a turn last night and was transferred back to the hospital. It appears she's had a mild heart attack. They did an angiogram and found she has one vessel that is 100% blocked, but she cannot withstand (nor does she want) any surgery. Her lungs are filling with Fluid and her kidneys are not functioning up to par. So she's in ICU but she's comfortable...and tired. I came home for a couple of hours and getting ready to head back over there.

I know you've all been praying for us and I appreciate it so much! I just want her to be at peace and comfortable. thanks everyone!

Oh, and GINA - have you talked to your doc?? Something doesn't sound right. I, myself, am still on mushies...at least for another day. Seem to be doing ok with that.

Oh Terry, that doesn't sound good! I am soooo sorry. Your system is in a mess, I would not push anything more than mushies.

Wish there was something we could do besides pray, and care----those are a given.

Big giant hugs to you----this is so hard for you---and I am so sorry you are going through it.

Keep us posted---and call ANYTIME!!! Day or Night----ANYTIME!!!

Kat