Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

I think our friendship/relationship is more than weight loss. Yes, that was the catalyst for how we got to where we are, but it is only a part of what each of us bring to the table. There is something special about the Violets. It is scary "out there". There are too many toxic people, and honestly, many of the toxic people I am talking about are the regulars (not talking about Chickie).

So here we are...friends...life long friends with so many ups and downs (and I am not talking about the scale). I know weight loss brought it together...but I refuse to believe that is all we have to offer each other. Ok...fast forward 5 years, and we are all at goal (Oh God please, just kidding)...will we not have anything else in common? I hope we will. I love you all (and no, not only the skinny biotches in the group, lol).

Not sure about this yet, my dissertation chair called me today and she wants to me finish. I pretty much quit...but she was not hearing of it. Not sure what I am gonna do yet...but I burst into tears on the phone w/ her (yeah, that is professional). So, my mind has been toooooo busy since the phone call. :(:crying:

Hi girls. I've been sick as a dog. It hit me hard and I haven't really gotten out of bed for about four days. Feeling a little bit better tonight. Feeling less like a zombie...

Feel better Haydee!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy---you are not going to be different from any of us---'cept you'll be smaller!!! In everything someone has to pave the way, and someone has to bring up the rear, to keep us all together---we are just our little group, and we will tough it out together. If something horrible should happen and one of us lose our bands---we would never just consider them out of the weight loss group----as Pamela said, this has gone deeper----and you my friend are simply going to be the leader of the pack taking us all to goal!!!

Pamela---will be sending you Purple Power to make your decision!

Sorry it is such a gut wrenching decision for you---wish there was a way we could help!

I have not received any comments on the board itself concerning weight loss---but I have more to go to get to goal. I got the one email hack! But....I have seen several different people make it to goal on here, and each of them has reacted differently---most do not hang around. I do not believe they move on because of rude posters....I think they just lose the cammeraderie.

I think it is vitally important to the site to have successful bandsters here---I also feel they have important and helpful information to share. But you do have to admit, some of them do not want to share, they want to preach--the ONLY way they see that anyone can be successful is if you do it the EXACT way they did. That doesn't help the general populace of LBT. I am not calling anyone we have spoke of or anyone else out on this, but if you have read anywhere---surely you have seen it.

Sometimes all the newbies want is simple support. You do not have to tell them that every little thing they are doing is ok if it isn't---there is no reason to compromise yourself----but just a supportive attitude goes a LOOOOONG way! Then again, the one mean email I got chastised me for having a supportive attitude!

Go figure!!!

LOL!!!!

Kat

Evening, Violets...

Haydee.. I was wondering where you were. Get well, girl. We miss you!!!

And as for disappearing when we get to goal.. sheeeeesh, I didn't put 10 months into this group to just disappear when I get to goal. TracyK is going to make it first without a doubt, but there are others of us darn close and one of these days, like Pam says, we'll all be at goal and even then we'll have lots to talk about! After all, it's not just weight issues we gab about. We've gone through jobs, marriages, trips, family issues, yes and even arguments and misunderstandings and we're still here each of us checking up on the other. We be da VIOLET SISTAS!!

And Kat.. as for that email. Hit that delete button and put it out of your mind. Don't let a rude, thoughtless, jealous person ruin it for you. I always smile when I go to a thread and find your comments there. It's like that super hero, was it Mighty Mouse??... "she's everywhere...she's everywhere!!" And I love reading your comments no matter where I see them. You're just so down home, sensible and knowledgable. Don't let anyone's stupid email take that away from you or us!!!

There, I've said my piece. End of sermon. Just got in from the hot tub and it felt goooooooooood. I'm off to chat with some friends on ispq and then to bed. Everyone sleep well. See ya tomorrow!

LOL Mighty Mouse!!!! I do go all over the place!!! I do a lot of responding in the Unanswered Posts area. I remember when I first got here, and no one would respond----I didn't know if it was because it was a stupid question, or they didn't "like" me---or what!!! Then I noticed, the same woman almost always responded! Penni-----and she talked me through all kinds of things, sent me boxes of books----very cool lady!!! They actually filmed some Ghost Whisperer episodes in her house!!! Well she was a moderator and there was a massive trouble maker, and things went bad, and there were several banned from LBT. She chose to go with the ones who were usually trying to calm things. But she always made me feel welcome, and not like an idiot for asking a question---whether it had been ask 10 million times before me or not. So.....I told myself, I would try to do the same for the ones following me. So Mighty Mouse---here I come!!!

LOL

Kat

Good Morning, Vi's~~

I did great yesterday w/my "Back on Track" program! Yay me! Need to work on Water intake AND remember NOT to drink after about 7pm, as I was up 3 times to p in the nite... boo.

Am working out today (friend's elliptical... can't remember when I last did that!), + have lots of this & that to do... PTA/Book Fair stuff + errands + meeting a friend for SKINNY LATTES... am definitely back to reality!

Make it a great day, everyone!

Good morning violets-another year older! AND I have to go back to work today. Oh well, I am a year older whether I am at work or anywhere else LOL

Haydee-hope you are back to 100% very soon! Take care!

Thanks for the comments and you are all SO smart. I knew I loved you all for a good reason!

Have a super day everyone!

:(:Dancing_wub::laugh::Dancing_wub::smile2::Banane41::lol: Maybe it is just cause it is 5:30am...I can't find the birthday smilies?? Anyway...I like the pink dancing girl! Happy Birthday Tracy! I am glad you all had a celebration weekend and hope you enjoy your day...and year!

Got a super busy day today...but I am getting my hair done and that is great! Won't be able to work out again today:mad:...hopefully tomorrow.

Susanne left today @ 1am and did not call when she arrived.:frown: Since she should've arrived home about 3am, she would sleep until 6am...so I can not call her because I don't want to wake her. But I am worried about her and she better be ok, or I will kick her butt.

I am Italian and worry like an old Jewish mother...oy!

xoxoxoxo

Nope I could not find the birthday smiley the other day either!!!

so.......:(:party::laugh::party:went for a Birthday party!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRACY!!! WE LOVE YA!!!

Kat

Terry~ I mailed you the $$ for the rooms! Yeah! Ready for May!!!!Please let me know when you get it!

Pamela I would bet she didn't call when she got there for the same reason you won't call yet--you would have been sleeping! This may come as a shock to you----but she loves you too and wants you to sleep when you can as well!!!

How is the knee? I know you miss working out, but the extended rest from it might be a good thing, especially since you are still walking and all.

Today--this morning-- I call my Dr. and get my blood results, and find out about my referral--or this afternoon, I will go and sit in his office and complain loudly to every patient that comes in! Ok---but I WILL be in his office and wanting answers--I absolutely HATE being shrugged off like they have more important things to attend to. If they are not back and you said they would be at least call and tell me that, do NOT leave me hanging and expect me to take it well. I really like my Dr. I really dislike his wife, as most people do---she runs off everyone in his office---so once again the office staff has changed.

Other than that---if I go into town I may go pick out some glasses--I found a pair I really like at my friends shop---but the HR lady told Rick yesterday that our insurance is terrible about repayment. I had planned to just pay for them at my friends (they don't accept our insurance) and then submit it and get my $$$ back. But now I guess I will go back to where I get my check ups and get some there. Dangit!

I have about 7 deer in the yard. Kinsey is at the window---they could care less!!! The snow is melted off most of the yard---so they can go up our hillside and eat on the sage brush again. Beast have destroyed some of my flowers---tulips are a delicasy to them!! They at least leave my roses and lilies alone---so they get to stay!

Well is everyone sitting down??? My scale moved!!! An entire pound! I am not claiming it---I fear it is a fluke!!! But hey the thing is not stuck as I was beginning to wonder! I thought it was prejudiced against me, it moves for Rick! LOL!!!

Well here comes my girl with an arm full of books---I'll be back later!!

Hugs~~

Kat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRACY!!!!!:(

Hope you have a fantastic Birthday.

Pam- I'm sure Suzanne made it home safe and sound but I understand the worry.

Kat - I hope you hear today...and go you with the scale moving, hey the way I feel lately a lb is a lb.

Michelle - go you... I have to go back and find the link for that 5 day thing. I'm doing Protein Shakes today. I need to do something. I wanted to get back to the gym this week but i have a very long list of things I need to take care of before I start working

Good morning everyone... just getting up.. got an early visit this month from TOM... which sucks but I guess better than having to deal now than the first day of a new job - but definately explains why when I went shopping Sunday I wanted to take the bridge and felt like a big fat cow.