Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Good Morn, Vi's~~

Pretty much back to normal around here... dh returned from Mexico... you can view his blog about the trip & see his photos here:

http://web.mac.com/draimist

Laura... I'm in a very similar situation... feeling good; getting lots of great feedback; wearing smaller, cuter clothes; and EATING. I told myself that I could enjoy the WDW trip & eat whatever, that we'd be walking so much it'd be ok... and it was... but *somehow* I ended up continuing that mindset on our return... all the way through last night when I was eating a big ol' slab of Amish Friendship bread that my mom baked & it actually hurt but I ate it... duh...

But I do have moments when I realize that even though I've done great so far, I'm still technically FAT and still need to continue to lose... so I'm trying to play a major mind-game w/myself BEGINNING TODAY and "pretend" that I'm just starting... that the next lb I lose will be lb #1... & go from there. I also made up those 2 charts... 1 for weekly wt loss goals & 1 for tracking my daily meds, vits, exercise & water... + I'll start wearing my bodybugg again & tracking intake.

I agree w/Pam's advice also... if you can't muster up the gusto to do what you need to do, then perhaps a professional can help...

Make it a great day, everyone!

Reminds me Michelle, I saw your WDW pics when I was in NY I think, wasn't able to comment. Believe you me, never getting on this website on webtv again. That was a headache!!!! But you looked like you had a great time and I am extremely jealous!! :wub:

Laura, I know what you mean...seeing a doc about food? WTF...and frankly, I was embarrassed to admit many of my secrets (when actually, I wear them on my ass and everyone knows already). I love what Michelle is doing, just can't/won't/don't (incert excuse here) do it for myself.

Food addictions are not less critical or important than any other addiciton. And once we get our head around that concept, we can work towards those strategies to get through.

I want to mention that even though I am seeing someone, I have lost the least of all of us. But I am working on myself for life, and am very proud with what I've done this past year. I love working out and have been quite depressed the last couple weeks not being able to do it. Quitting smoking after 25 years is huge...and I still lost 30 pounds. So, take my advice/opinion at just that...my 2 cents.

We are going to walk to our favorite resturaunt...which is 2 miles away. Then we'll have Breakfast and walk back. So 4 mile walk..and food! Now how F'd up is that??? LOL

Have a great day!

Morning ladies

Judy - thank you... that was so very touching what you said, and it is true... I start next monday - the 25th.

Kat - soooooo jealous.. LOL... my tt won't be until next year

Laura - they are all giving good advice - I too am in the same place. I've been bouncing up and down for months, but then I go out and get hit on, get looks from people I have not seen in a while.. shoot, I went to Fridays for lunch with mom yesterday and this guy almost fell off his chair watching me (mom was cracking up - she was watching him). How easy is it to get comfortable with that?

Anyway, I have not been to the gym in 6 weeks. I am going to try to get there today and if I don't make it i'll be there tomorrow, because next week when I start working days I'll be at the gym every night and will be doing Water aerobics Tues and Thurs nights. I miss that - I was going in the morning but just so tired couldn't make it at 9am and then shower there - I felt like I was spending my entire day there. Now I'll be able to do aerobics and rinse off in the shower and not worry about drying my hair and fixing my make up and such.

PLUS... I won't be working around food every day and sat nights are my oven nights so... that should help so much.

Pam is right.... we need to figure out why we eat... that is the first step, but doing something bout it is not always easy when our environment is part of the problem.... well mine is changing so I won't have excuses

OMG...tracyk...i didnt forget about you...you look smoking skinny!!! You look happy, healthy...and glowing!!!

TracyK you look great!!!!

Laura, Jenn, and Michelle I am with you. I am having a real tough time right now.

Pam, you are doing great!!!

Everyone have a great day!!

We are going to walk to our favorite resturaunt...which is 2 miles away. Then we'll have breakfast and walk back. So 4 mile walk..and food! Now how F'd up is that??? LOL

quote]

It isn't F'd up---------it is pretty much what "normal" people would do!!! The fact is, we do still go out to eat....it is so much different than like when we quit smoking. Then you can simply (not in ALL senses of the word) give it up. You do not have to take in 3 cigarettes a day---your body does not require a set amount of nicotine each day to survive. We DO need food--we have to eat. So while we attempt to quit eating the "bad" foods---that is all relative! So the acknowlegment that you are going to go eat, so you plan to up your activity level is ideal!

Your other option is to not go out to eat---sit at home, and have something "safe".....and mope....until the depression over it hits you and then you down 3 candy bars, and half a bag of chips!!

LOL---ok maybe that is extreme. My point is, you are aware. You know you are going to eat out-----so you order wisely, and enjoy your walks with Susanne, and feel good about the choices you made all day, which allows you to go on and continue to make good choices.

So much of how I do is tied in emotionally. I do not do well at all with deprivation. I never really ate a horrible diet, I just ate way too much of the wrong things! I would have a serving of meat and veggies, but then 2nds or 3rds of potatoes!!! Now I still eat the potatoes---but just a few bites, I get full on the meat and veggies first....but if you were to tell me I could not have the potato.....I would be unable to focus on anything else!

I really think planning the exercise to go along with your splurge is the perfect solution!

Kat

sorry - HI DENISE LOL

I forgot you too ... and Jane... and maybe Michelle... in my drunken stuper last night.

Off to shower and get groceries. I have a busy week ahead to get everything done before I don't have days anymore.

when I go do my new hire stuff I have to tell them I need 3 days since I have trial on April 17th. :wub:

Pam - I'm not "disagreeing with you", just wondering if this also is a possibility?... I've read many times that the "WHY" of it doesn't matter at all, but the "WHAT" does!

In other words, asking 'why' only keeps you stuck in that behavior as you think and obsess over it. Asking "what can I do to move foreward" unsticks you and keeps you looking forward. keeping your eye on the prize and getting excited about your future retrains your brain to focus there rather than in the past.

Your primitive brain wants to keep you rooted in those "bad" behaviors because it ensures your "survival"....which in primitive-brain-terms equates to FAT. This is the way you have "survived" for your whole life and wowser what a great job you've done!! Your brain is not so anxious to participate in a new way of life that "risks your very survival"!! You have to engage your higher brain....your emotions....and get excited about the future and making healthy choices...in order to get that part of your brain to take over and drag the primitive part along with it.

Make sense?

I keep wondering if the sabotage comes from the body not adjusting to the attitude. I've been overweight my whole life, I'm getting rid of that, and my body doesn't understand! So the need to stuff my piehole to get that weight back or something. I think it also is hurting me that despite my bad behavior lately, I'm not gaining. It's hard to say "OK lets get back on track" when I don't see me hurting myself. I'm back to losing really slow, but again that goes back to being complacent.

My mom told me today that my dad was hanging up pics in the house this weekend, he has one collage from a family reunion we did a couple years ago. Mom said I was HUGE and my DH had long hair (sigh, I miss it). So she told my dad not to hang it up- I probably wouldn't want that. But she pointed out how they all 'forget' how big I really was, since they see me all the time. I remember when I look thru pics in my computer. I'll have to show you guys the family reunion pics. My belly is so big, arms so big they wouldn't lay against the side of my body- they stuck out. And back to my dysmorphia, I felt sexy and was wearin a shirt far too small. Oy.

Laura, I know you are young, and did not have the years of dieting and regaining, many of us did---but where you are now, where I have been. The issue of sitting tight, regardless, when I feel like I have binged beyond help---and the scale is steady. Has been such an enormous relief to me!!!

Yes, I without a doubt want the rest of the weight off, and am working towards that--but at the same time, realizing that maintaining this weight loss is actually going to be possible for me makes me light headed with joy!!!!

Kat

Pam -- I just started that book, too. It's so long tho... phew! Let me know how she's liking it!

Reading & knitting are my game plans against nibbling in the night... or afternoon... or morning! lol! But you know what I mean... having something to do w/my hands that makes eating difficult & unappealing.

Well I am still waiting for my calls.....and am not sure what to do about the oral surgeon when he calls. I have now reached the stage of this crud I have that all I do is cough. Not sure I want an open socket---from the tooth being pulled while I am coughing my fool head off......so of course now that I am worried, he will call with an immediate opening!!!

Kat

Kat I hope you start feeling better!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle......... you are so funny! (avatar)

I just had chili for lunch with a few crackers........ I'm feeling skinny in the size 10 (stretchy) st. johns bay jeans........ I have kind of a form fitting shirt on and the good VS shaper bra......... when I took my sweater off in the breakroom a couple people sucked in their breaths and said.............. dang you've lost weight! LOL I just laughed and said thanks............ (they still do not know about my band!!!!!!!!!)

and truthfully they wouldn't even guess because I sat there eating a bowl of chili while they ate theirs......... :wub: